Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

BIION Footwear - A Love Story

The Dansome

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SPY VIP

Also, this is a serious question.......are they dishwasher safe?

Official word scrub brush and soap.

Bones, I'm thinking personally if you were to dishwasher you'd want top rack and cold water. With that said I've had no issues running them under tap and soft towel/soap.

Air compressors after the round aren't popular south of the border are they?

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Bones, I'm thinking personally if you were to dishwasher you'd want top rack and cold water. With that said I've had no issues running them under tap and soft towel/soap.

No air compressors at any course I've ever been to.

• 2 months later...

These babies will be at the Sony Open in Hawaii this weekend. And yes, before you ask - I do wear these to the office and make all my colleagues jealous... #hatethegamenottheplaya ;)

I love #casualfriday - and my feet do too @biionfootwear #fancyfriday #alohafriday @golfspymbp #offthechartscomfy

A photo posted by Brad Clarke (@golfspybrad) on

No air compressors at any course I've ever been to.

Air compressors can be found in Oregon on the wet side.  After mowing and the grass is wet, shoes get covered in clippings.  I actually have a small 12V compressor that I fitted with a small tank that sits in the back of my truck where i have a 12V outlet.  Nice!  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a big fan of these shoes, well the look anyway. Price point is something I do consider when buying my cleats. I've spent big $$$ on shoes and had them fall apart after 2 rounds and they threw cleats. If you had the first generations FJ's you know what I'm talking about and those ran me $175.00. I've paid less than $30 for a pair of spikes and loved them but they didn't look all that great. Just purchased two pair of the spikeless Puma Faas Lite shoes at $37.99 per pair and LOVE them - with the exception of the odd squeaking noise.Talked to Barbajo while he was down at the show about these and he says they were pretty sweet. Love the classic look with multi color

Titleist AP1 irons

Titleist 913D 7.5 Degree, Stiff Speeder Tour Spec 6.2 Shaft

Wedges: Taylormade 60 d Titleist Vokey 54,56,58

Seemore Mallet Putter

Right Handed

Apple Valley, MN

8 Handicap

10885218_10205856139265562_6140026354236

Really wasn't sure about Biion's until actually seeing them in person and trying them on.  Totally getting MPB's and Brad's love for them now.  They ran a little small for me - usually wear an 11 but they felt tight around the toe (wide, old man feet) - the 12 felt much better.

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

One of the courses that i play at Babe Zaharias in tampa, has an air hose to clean your shoes when you finish....located at the cart return area. Works great!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

They look sick! Any deals out there?

<p><strong>D:</strong>    :ping-small:   9* G400 Max w/Xcalibur TSL</p><p> </p><p><strong>F: </strong>  :callaway-small: 14* XR Pro 16 w/Hzrdous Red</p><p><strong>I:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: SLS-01 4-SW w/Paderson SL</p><p><strong>W:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: DGR 59 w/Dynamic Gold SL</p><p><strong>P:</strong> Artisan 0318 or Edel TB</p><p> 

I look at these and think: "sweat, blisters, hot, plastic, made in china, crocs," and mostly,

"why is anyone insterested in these aside from them being 'new?'"

Sorry, these look horrible and the profit margins extreme.

"Glute Activator"

*Please accept my contributions of participation and intellectual property sharing as substitute for monetary renumeration.

They are pretty well reviewed by two golf spies.

<p><strong>D:</strong>    :ping-small:   9* G400 Max w/Xcalibur TSL</p><p> </p><p><strong>F: </strong>  :callaway-small: 14* XR Pro 16 w/Hzrdous Red</p><p><strong>I:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: SLS-01 4-SW w/Paderson SL</p><p><strong>W:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: DGR 59 w/Dynamic Gold SL</p><p><strong>P:</strong> Artisan 0318 or Edel TB</p><p> 

Still on the fence on these.  I still do not see how these would do well in 100 degree (Plus) weather....

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

I'd be more worried about sub 60* weather.

They are pretty well reviewed by two golf spies.

Crocs that leak. That's the review I read at the beginning of this thread. Is there another?

These sound horrible. The review was very generous and verbose to say the least, if not lacking much critical detail.

For instance, how many WALKING rounds were played in them before the review? I gleaned two cart rounds were attempted from the review. Please correct me if wrong. How can you review shoes and not even mention if a single walking round was played in them? Very lacking. Sorry. Read like a modified press release.

"Glute Activator"

*Please accept my contributions of participation and intellectual property sharing as substitute for monetary renumeration.

• SPY VIP

Crocs that leak. That's the review I read at the beginning of this thread. Is there another?

These sound horrible. The review was very generous and verbose to say the least, if not lacking much critical detail.

For instance, how many WALKING rounds were played in them before the review? I gleaned two cart rounds were attempted from the review. Please correct me if wrong. How can you review shoes and not even mention if a single walking round was played in them? Very lacking. Sorry. Read like a modified press release.

Where did I once mention cart rounds? I had about 6 walking rounds on these before putting pen to paper.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Where did I once mention cart rounds? I had about 6 walking rounds on these before putting pen to paper.

I asked you to correct me if it wasn't the case. Was any of this included in the review? I read it, and my impression was two rounds played and no idea if they were walking or riding. I hope the feedback is helpful.

"Glute Activator"

I have walked 5 rounds in mine, in Hawaii, since November. I have almost new Trues that now don't have a chance of being worn again because these are so light and comfortable. Obviously that's just my opinion, but there's very little I'd change with these shoes.

I would be just as skeptical. But I know MBP personally and if he says it is good it is good.

All of my shafts and driver were bought sight unseen on his word and I have no regrets.

Even with big holes in them to let in water and other debris? A true "Golf" shoe should do the opposite, in my opinion. And they don't rub at all or slop about without laces? How is the overall lateral support?

I want to try some Trues in leather if they still make such a beast.

"Glute Activator"

I have some trepidation towards the holes. How can it be waterproof with holes?

Do you end up with sand in them from bunkers?

Don't hit in the bunker. Next question.

You. Are. Welcome.

I would never personally wear golf sandals for many of the same reasons, and these are one step above.

"Glute Activator"

Archived