Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Taylormade iron with the best feel

I like the look of Mizuno MP-52.  Thin topline with compact look (looks like a blade but it's cavity back).  Butter soft feel.   Are there any forged iron from tmag that has a good feel like that iron?   I want something that has no offset. 

I can't say I've ever hit a forged TMag iron so I don't know how the feel compares to a Mizuno. I do know that the new RSI TP's are forged. Maybe give them or the Mizuno MP-54s a look.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

300 series, specifically the boxed toe lehmans

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

300 series, specifically the boxed toe lehmans

300 series for sure - specifically those which were Miura forged. The tour issue TL (Tom Lehman) were certainly one of those, but I preferred the NS with the nifty sole grind and a more rounded toe look.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Taylor-Made-300-Forged-ns-2-PW-DG-S300-RARE-MUIRA-FORGED-/231555751593

yup I just found the TV ads on youtube.  The ads was on TV in 2000.   I would get this iron if somebody is selling this for less than a 100 bucks.  

I couldn't find the tour issue tom lehman version for this on ebay.   Does the retail version feel the same?  or they just feel different?

yup I just found the TV ads on youtube. The ads was on TV in 2000. I would get this iron if somebody is selling this for less than a 100 bucks.

I couldn't find the tour issue tom lehman version for this on ebay. Does the retail version feel the same? or they just feel different?

You're not finding the Lehmans under $500 and no, they don't feel the same. The Lehmans are Miura forgings, have a square toe and a different weight distribution. They're also limited and rarely pop up

In The Bag

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

So are you just wanting something cheap? If so, check into the coin forged rac's or the RAC TP's.

In The Bag

IMO, youre not going to find a TMAG iron that matches the soft feel of Mizunos.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

You've never hit their irons that were Miura forged obviously. They're softer than Mizzys

In The Bag

Heck I still game the retail version of the 300 tour. Updating soon hopefully, but they will never leave my possession.

Driver: Call Epic 9* Stock Fujikura FW: Cally Rogue 17* R Hybrid: Titleis 910h 21* Blue Diamana Irons: Mizuno 850 Forged 5-G Nippon 1150 2 up 0.5" Sand: 54* Vokey SM6 M Grind Lob: 58* Vokey SM6 K Grind Putter: Scotty Select Newport 2 35"

You've never hit their irons that were Miura forged obviously. They're softer than Mizzys

Ive hit Miuras.  Theyre not softer than Mizunos.  Miuras are all about the notion that, "God hands", Miura-san does the grinding himself, by hand; not in their softness.

Heres another secret about Miura that isnt such a secret: their clubsheads are forged by Endo.  Miura fanboys will try to tell you that Miura does all the forging themselves but they dont.  Miura is a mom 'n pop operation that doesnt have the means to do their own forging.  I have awesome grinds though. LOL

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

Ive hit Miuras. Theyre not softer than Mizunos. Miuras are all about the notion that, "God hands", Miura-san does the grinding himself, by hand; not in their softness.

Heres another secret about Miura that isnt such a secret: their clubsheads are forged by Endo. Miura fanboys will try to tell you that Miura does all the forging themselves but they dont. Miura is a mom 'n pop operation that doesnt have the means to do their own forging. I have awesome grinds though. LOL

Someone has been reading Tour Spec. He's a blatant liar too... Just like his little battle with Scratch when they pulled their stuff because he wanted a lower cost and they told him no. Call up Adam Barr and ask him where Miuras are forged...

Matter of fact, if you need proof that the Tour Spec guy is a liar, have a read through this thread:

http://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/376-scratch-golf-controversy/?fromsearch=1

In The Bag

Someone has been reading Tour Spec. He's a blatant liar too... Just like his little battle with Scratch when they pulled their stuff because he wanted a lower cost and they told him no. Call up Adam Barr and ask him where Miuras are forged...

Matter of fact, if you need proof that the Tour Spec guy is a liar, have a read through this thread:

http://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/376-scratch-golf-controversy/?fromsearch=1

Regardless of this, I bought a golf club from tourspecgolf.  It wasn't a pleasant experience.   First the guy who got in contact with me answered the emails very slowly.   I can call it quick reply if he answered my message in 2 days.  Then I have to wait about 2 weeks after the order is paid until they shipped the item.   When they have shipped the item, the sales guy never told me that the order had been shipped out and give me the EMS tracking number.  Even Rakuten people sent me an email about the tracking number when they have shipped the item.  

And regarding miura irons are forged by endo.  There is no proof of this.  I have been to japan and talked to some japanese shop sellers while I was there.  They said there is a miura forging factory in Osaka.  It's small but they can make about 100 heads daily.  Pretty good for a small operation.  Also Miura don't make TV ads.  It's a proof that they don't need advertising to sell their products.  The quality speaks for themselves.  Have you seen any Japanese Tour players sponsored by Miura?  Let me know if you know one....

There are videos online from the actual factory in Japan. I don't feel like looking for it but it's there. Its not done by endo. The dude at yourself is a big-time liar. I remember both the miura thread and the scratch one.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Archived