Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Just Arrived! - adidas Golf climawarm+ Outerwear

Tony Covey MGS

• SPY VIP

Clima Warm+-3.jpg

A package from adidas Golf showed up on my doorstep this AM. Packages are always nice, and I have to say, it's a refreshing departure from the flood of Ashworth gear that rolled in over the summer. Not that there's anything wrong with Ashworth, but you know...it's the TaylorMade-adidas Golf company, and apart from a couple pairs of shoes, adidas basically stood me up for all of 2013. Normally I'd say I'm not bitter, but it's Monday, I've got a ton to do, so I'm not even going to bother to lie. I'm bitter...

Clima Warm+-1.jpg

But thanks to this new adidas climawarm+ full zip, at least I won't be bitter cold.

I'm fairly certain the climawarm+ collection is what the adidas team was excited about when I visited with them back in August. The challenge for adidas is going to be to convince golfers that material as lightweight as climawarm+ can actually keep you warm. I've actually had polos that were thicker (I didn't wear them, they sucked), but lighter...actually lighter still is the trend in both footwear and apparel. Anybody who produces anything remotely on the heavy side this year is going to get left out in the cold (I'm embarrassed about that one).

adidas technologies are finally integrated with adidas Golf products, so I expect you're going to see a lot more cutting edge stuff from the adidas Golf brand in the coming months.

Clima Warm+-8.jpg

As advertised, the fabric is relatively lightweight, and as flexible as you'd ever need it to be. It's about the same as what I wear now on on nice fall day, but adidas is suggesting I could probably put it on one of those golf days that starts out in the 30s (my Northeast reality). Also, it's apparently inspired by polar bears, so it's got that going for it.

Sorry I don't have the full length hero shot for you, but nobody irons the laundry before they send it, and if my wife catches me with an iron (or near the washing machine) she's bound to develop unreasonable expectations. We can't have that.

Check out the video and read the full press release. It's got a quote from adidas Product Guy Davide Mattucci in it that basically sums up the entire line. Side note: not sure what kind of name "Davide" is. It's like his parents went on Wheel of Fortune, bought a vowel, and didn't know what to do with it.

Clima Warm+-7.jpg

Here's the video:

Here's the full press release:

adidas Golf Unveils New climawarm+ Outerwear Collection

Company’s Warmest Outerwear Delivers Comfort Without Restriction

Carlsbad, CALIF. (November 18, 2013) – adidas Golf, an industry leader in innovation, technology and performance footwear and apparel, has announced the release of the new climawarm+ outerwear collection, engineered to keep golfers warm and comfortable in adverse conditions without forfeiting range of motion during play.

Modernizing the fit and feel of performance outerwear, adidas Golf designers drew inspiration from the polar bear, emulating the animal’s unique fur structure to develop a proprietary fabric that insulates heat generated by the golfer’s body and traps it within the hollow fibers to deliver sustained warmth.

“When temperatures drop, I need apparel that will keep me warm and won’t get in the way of my swing,” said Martin Laird, three-time PGA TOUR winner and adidas Golf tour staff professional. “climawarm+ is incredibly lightweight, keeping me warm and allowing me to perform at my highest level without worrying about the temperature out on the course.”

cid:image013.jpg@01CEE3B4.FA9106F0climawarm+_wvest_hero

By incorporating the innovative and versatile hollow fiber technology throughout the entire climawarm+ collection, designers have engineered a product that delivers higher warmth to weight ratio than any previous adidas Golf outerwear.

“The fabrication of climawarm+ allows us to provide a completely different layering option for golfers,” said Davide Mattucci, Director of Global Product Marketing. “We’re able to pack all the warmth of a typical heavy-weight layering piece into a streamlined, technically-advanced piece of equipment that is lighter in weight and also allows a full range of motion, whatever the temperature.”

The climawarm+ outerwear collection includes a full-zip jacket, half-zip jacket and vest for men and a quarter-zip jacket and vest for women.

At retail now, visit adidasgolf.com to view the entire collection and here to watch adidas Golf tour staff professionals discussing the outerwear’s comfort and performance features.

Clima Warm+-1-2.jpg

Clima Warm+-2.jpg

Clima Warm+-2-2.jpg

Clima Warm+-3-2.jpg

Clima Warm+-4.jpg

Clima Warm+-4-2.jpg

Clima Warm+-5.jpg

Clima Warm+-5-2.jpg

Clima Warm+-6.jpg

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

I have a similar climawarm shirt/jacket but it's part of the Adidas running line of apparel.  I was really surprised with how warm it actually was.  I am disappointed this went to you, however, as it would have looked a little better on me...but that's neither here nor there.

Posted Image

I have a similar climawarm shirt/jacket but it's part of the Adidas running line of apparel.  I was really surprised with how warm it actually was.  I am disappointed this went to you, however, as it would have looked a little better on me...but that's neither here nor there.

Stephen, i just have to say and it's a common phrase thrown around too often, but your a "REAL GEM"  B)

To get on Topic I wish Adidas would send clothing my way as well...lol. I've been an avid supporter of everything Adidas. 95% of my golf attire would be ... you guessed it ADIDAS. I've been wearing Adidas since 6th grade and we all know that's a long time ago like 1970 something. ever since my first pair of Adidas ROM's i've never looked back. I love their Climacool line of polos and shorts as well. I can't wait until I can find one of these New Climawarm pieces so I can try them out durning those cold mornings , heck even those cold days us diehard golfers play in. I also hope they (Adidas Climawarm) do all they say they're suppose do when it comes to keeping you warm. Coming from a Northeast climate like GolfSpy T we can relate to those cold mornings and late evenings here on the east coast during fall and winter. Looks like a nice product and the tech sounds like it should have some possibilities since it's coming from natures own Polar bear!

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472