OFFICIAL FORUM MEMBER REVIEW - EVNROLL PUTTERS

Our Sponsors

I would go further and say that since the putter is a one-of-a-kind club/swing in the bag that the swing weight actually doesn't matter for performance in contrast to a set of irons where you would like them all to have the same swing weight (or MOI).

But as you say it will change the way the putter feels and swings so lead tape might have to be the answer if I really hate it.

I was actually debating adding 1" to the length anyway, which is worth about 6 swing weight points the other way. So my overall SW change would only be 3 points in the end if I went that route. 

Ahhh, the variables you can obsess over and still miss that shaky 3-footer!

Putter weighting is an interesting discussion . I have heard that beat results may come from a putter that is swing weighted roughly the same as your sand wedge. Might be a testing opportunity

• Like 3

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

jlukes's Stage 2 Review     When I first got the private message about being selected to test an Evnroll putter, I was a bit confused.  The message from the MGS staff asked for my name, email add

EVNROLL Putter Review ​By Kevin R. Loughran (RevKev)   ​​​Stage One -   Meet the Rev.     Yes I am the Senior Pastor of a Lutheran Church in St. Petersburg, Florida and I have the Shee

Stage 3: Follow UP   Well, the EVNRoll is still in my bag....I gave it a short vacation recently (one round) then put it back in. I did that for comparison sake and I choose the E6 EVNRoll.   Two

Posted Images

I have to pay a visit to my fitter some time this Spring so it will give me a chance to play around with the sand wedge and putter and see what the swing weight number actually are and how close they may be. My fitter fits using MOI so I don't actually know what the swing weight is on my sand wedge.

• Like 1

Bag: Bennington Quiet Organizer 9-Lite (link)

Cart: :Clicgear: 3.5+

Driver:  :cobra-small:  F9 speedback, Accra iWood

Woods:  Sonartec GS Tour 14*, Fujikura Six S
DI:  :titelist-small:  T-MB 2 iron, KBS Tour-V 120 X,
Irons: :Miura: PP-9003SN 4-GW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Wedges: :Miura: 1957 K-grind SW, LW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Putter: :odyssey-small: EXO Indianapolis (link)
Ball: :Snell: MTB
  • 2 weeks later...

I really need to put some time into possibly getting one of these. I prefer a larger mallet and game with the 2-ball right now. I need to figure out how i can test one at a outdoor putting green and not just on a store putting mat.

Charleston, SC

HDCP 12.0

• Driver: :taylormade-small:  M6 9* with 65g Stiff Mitsubishi Tensei Red shaft
  • 3 wood: :taylormade-small:  M4 with 60g Atmos red stiff shaft
  • 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)
  • Wedges: 52, 56, 60 :titelist-small: SM5 & SM6
  • Putter: 34" :odyssey-small: 2-ball original with superstroke grip
  • Tracked By: :Arccos:

MGS Tester '20 - :ping-small: G710 Iron Review

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder

1 hour ago, JonMUSC08 said:

I really need to put some time into possibly getting one of these. I prefer a larger mallet and game with the 2-ball right now. I need to figure out how i can test one at a outdoor putting green and not just on a store putting mat.

As a fellow lefty, I say good luck with that endeavor. The second hand market is pretty good (eBay, BST on various golf websites) for LH Evnroll and with limited lefty options, I say go find a decent ER7 and give it a try. If it doesn't work out, then you can recover most of your cost selling it to someone else. Just a thought. 

• Like 2
  • :taylormade-small: SIM 10.5* w/ Kyoshi Black 65X tipped 1/2" 
  • :cobra-small: F7+ 3W 14.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 75 6.5
  • :adams-small: Pro DHy 18* w/ Hzrdus Black 85 6.5
  • :callaway-small: X Forged 21* w/ Dynamic Gold X100
  • :mizuno-small: 921 SEL 5-PW w/ Dynamic Gold X100
  • :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 50*, 54* & 58* w/ AWT 2.0 
  • :ping-small: Vault Arna w/ KBS CT Tour
  • '20 :bridgestone-small: Tour B X
  • I'm left-handed so I don't go broke buying all new clubs every week. 

I think Evnroll offers a nice return policy if you wanted to buy and try to see if you like it, that may work.
  • Like 1

:ping-small: G400 Max

:ping-small: G410 3W

:ping-small: G410 3 & 4 Crossover

:ping-small: i200 5-PW

:vokey-small: Vokey SM7 | 52-56-60

:taylormade-small: Taylormade Spider X

2 hours ago, JonMUSC08 said:

You should be able to contact the guys at EVNROLL (Super nice, by the way) and they will let you know where to go for one of their certified fitters in your area. I'm not sure about return policy if you get it custom fit, you'll just have to ask them.

• Like 1

In my ATumSBM.jpg Silencer

:cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size

SONARTEC 3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride G2 Tour Wrap

Gigagolf.com - TXR Hybrid: 3H, UST Proforce V2 S-flex, with GolfPride G2 Tour Wrap

:ping-small: G 2016, 4-PW, AWT 2.0 S-flex, +1/2", black dot, with Super Stroke - Soft Wrap TC

:titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D

:EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft

:Snell: MTB-X

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope

On 2/24/2019 at 12:52 PM, jlukes said:

I honestly didn't think I'd ever find a putter that I loved more than my current setup, but I did. 

It's still my beloved ER2, but with the Gravity Grip installed. 

I installed the Gravity Grip blindly, without knowing how I'd like like it. The early results after a few weeks of practicing inside are incredible. The Gravity Grip has added a whole new level of stability to my stroke. I just love what it is does for the balance and feel of the putter. I absolutely can not wait to get it out on the course. 

Once the Gravity Grips start selling outside of the Evnroll branded version I will definitely be posting my thoughts in that thread. 

IMG_20190208_163102.jpg

00000IMG_00000_BURST20190208162921502_COVER.jpg

I really need to get one of those grips for my ER6.

In my ATumSBM.jpg Silencer

:cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size

SONARTEC 3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride G2 Tour Wrap

Gigagolf.com - TXR Hybrid: 3H, UST Proforce V2 S-flex, with GolfPride G2 Tour Wrap

:ping-small: G 2016, 4-PW, AWT 2.0 S-flex, +1/2", black dot, with Super Stroke - Soft Wrap TC

:titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D

:EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft

:Snell: MTB-X

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope

• 1 month later...

Well my Gravity Grip experiment is over. Loved the feel it gave through the stroke, but the shape of the grip did not work for my hand size and how I like to place my hands on the grip. 

I just installed a Super Stroke Traxion Tour 2.0 with a 50g counterweight and it's a much more natural feeling for me. 

• Like 3

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 49F - 54S - 59D
:mizuno-small: M Craft II
:bridgestone-small: Tour B X
  • 4 months later...

The ER2 is back in the bag.  Kicked out the Spider X and Scotty Phantom.  Distance control with the ER2 is just too good for me to not have it in the bag.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jlukes said:

The ER2 is back in the bag.  Kicked out the Spider X and Scotty Phantom.  Distance control with the ER2 is just too good for me to not have it in the bag.  

I was wondering if/when the ER2 would make it's way back in the bag.

• Like 1

2020 MGS Hard Rock Challenge

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:ping-small: G410+, Tensei Orange
:nike-small: Vapor Fly 3, Diamana Blue, Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2
:titelist-small: -ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

• 2 months later...
On 5/5/2019 at 6:33 PM, jlukes said:

Well my Gravity Grip experiment is over. Loved the feel it gave through the stroke, but the shape of the grip did not work for my hand size and how I like to place my hands on the grip. 

I just installed a Super Stroke Traxion Tour 2.0 with a 50g counterweight and it's a much more natural feeling for me. 

I’m struggling with the same thing on my er5 right now.. I just would hate to destroy the grip if I don’t like the next one better. 

• Like 1
I’m struggling with the same thing on my er5 right now.. I just would hate to destroy the grip if I don’t like the next one better. 

Try and get some grip solvent under the grip. It will loosen the grip and you should be able to pull it off without damage. You could also get a grip removal tool.
  • Like 3

Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

9 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Try and get some grip solvent under the grip. It will loosen the grip and you should be able to pull it off without damage. You could also get a grip removal tool.

@cnosil  is right on the money with the grip removal tool. I bought one from golfworks for basically the cost of one putter grip. Super easy to use and pays for itself with the first use. 

• Like 4

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

I realize that this thread has been dead, in regards to the original test, for some time and that all of us "know" about EVNRoll and its prowess as a topline putter.  But the general public and the even somewhat informed public remains clueless.

I played with an old friend yesterday, one whom I haven't played with in a couple of years although we keep in touch via social media.  He lives in Pennsylvania and used to come to Florida frequently while his mother was living.  Now its not so much.  We met via the old PGA Partners club for anyone who might recall that fiasco.  Actually I ended up at MGS because I met RookieBlue there and he suggested that I try MGS out.

At any rate my friend, who had formerly logged several seasons as an LPGA caddie a while back, knew nothing about EVNRoll until yesterday.  He enjoyed watching mine get the right speed and roll in 4 footer after four footer.  He knows who Guerin Rife is and was surprised to learn that he was back making putters under this new name.

Just shows you the importance of advertising and also of being a part of a community like this one where we get up to date info on equipment and data to help us with starting points when looking to purchase or trade and switch out.

I can tell you that unless someone is coming up with a putter like Rodney's from Caddie shack this putter is never leaving my bag.  It still feels like it was made just for me.

• Like 7

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

• 4 weeks later...

I'm going to be getting a custom putter for Father's day/my birthday with my son JJ and baby boy #2 (coming in June) names stamped on it 

I've been trying every putter I can at a store and just nothing feels as good as my ER2. 

Pretty sure I'm going to end up getting a used ER2 and sending it off for a refinish/stamping and paintfill. 

Thanks Mr. Rife. You've basically ruined all other putters for me haha 

• Like 3

Just now, jlukes said:

I'm going to be getting a custom putter for Father's day/my birthday with my son JJ and baby boy #2 (coming in June) names stamped on it 

I've been trying every putter I can at a store and just nothing feels as good as my ER2. 

Pretty sure I'm going to end up getting a used ER2 and sending it off for a refinish/stamping and paintfill. 

Thanks Mr. Rife. You've basically ruined all other putters for me haha 

What about a 2.2?

I kind of like the full offset of the plumber's neck, and I know you have a Scotty at home, so it could be the best of both worlds? I was rolling one at the shop the other day while regripping my ER2 (yea, I'm going back too) and it was kinnnndaaa niccceeeee. Then I was daydreaming about putting the new Stability Tour shaft in it after reading the MGS blog the other day.

• Like 4

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Motore X F3 5S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue 65S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50 Mid | 54 Full S-grind | 58 Low Relief Grind Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :taylormade-small:TP5

37 minutes ago, yungkory said:

What about a 2.2?

I kind of like the full offset of the plumber's neck, and I know you have a Scotty at home, so it could be the best of both worlds? I was rolling one at the shop the other day while regripping my ER2 (yea, I'm going back too) and it was kinnnndaaa niccceeeee. Then I was daydreaming about putting the new Stability Tour shaft in it after reading the MGS blog the other day.

I've thought about the 2.2. Evnroll said they have some new stuff being announced around the Pga show so going to wait to see what that is. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

47 minutes ago, jlukes said:

I've thought about the 2.2. Evnroll said they have some new stuff being announced around the Pga show so going to wait to see what that is. 

The funny thing is, he (Guerin) doesn't even need new product next year. He could literally just release all of his current putters in black and I'm sure that could float him for another year while he develops something else.

If a black 2.2 comes out, I don't know how I could resist.

• Like 3

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Motore X F3 5S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue 65S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50 Mid | 54 Full S-grind | 58 Low Relief Grind Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :taylormade-small:TP5

• 4 months later...
18 hours ago, Trojan615 said:

Any new developments on the horizon for evnroll? 

Hard to say.  With the golf industry basically shut down it will be interesting to see what, when, and if 2021 products are released.