Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

MGS testing opportunities

Peterpc2828

I think we've heard enough of the personal jabs. It's getting a bit annoying. Let's try to keep this to content that is actually relative going forward.

Agreed. I came to MGS and prefer it over the other forums because I feel like I can connect with more people on this forum, it seemed more open to newcomers and everyone was generally friendlier. Let's not let it make a turn for the worst. We're all here because we share a common interest, golf. So let's chill, talk golf, and have fun doing so.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

Hey Big Money beware jlukes is gonna get you

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Good job, certainly increasing your testing chances with that attitude!

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

If I put the time required to do a thorough, detailed review into overtime, I could buy whatever product is up for review for my self. This certainly would not be as much fun, and much less exciting, than being chosen to do a review.

The difference between being chosen to review, and winning a prize, is the obligation that comes with it. Reviewing is a pretty serious responsibility, my opinion may be a deciding factor in someone spending a significant amount of money on golf equipment. It's not something I want to take lightly.

I love the seriousness that most reviewers have towards their reviews. I'm really looking forward to the current batch of reviews, as I'm seriously interested in most of the gear that's coming up.

Have fun with the process, and remember what your opinion can mean to lots of golfers.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Yes,keep this enjoyable and civil.Too clarify , it doesn't bother me to spend my own funds on a club that may or may not work for me.Ive always avoided contests as much as possible.In my collection,I have enough equipment too start up a pro shop.Nor do I need any trips-outings-or get together.If I want too go play the courses I enjoy doing on my own terms and time frame.My momma didn't raise no suck arse

I hate liars and suck arse contest wanna bees

Keep it in the short stuff

• 5 weeks later...

Just got on MGS (but I'm already using the short form) and the reason I'm here is that I saw a Facebook ad about testing the Mizuno irons. I agree with many on this thread that you should be really interested and willing to put in some effort. One thing I have decided is that although I know a pretty good teaching pro who has some great equipment, if I ever do a test I'll approach it in a less technical way. 

They put a bunch of trust in the selected member to:

1. not take the clubs and run

2. Be active around here

3. Give your review, not what Rick or Mark say on YouTube.

At least that is what I would expect.

Hell, I was picked up after 2 months of being on here for a test.

In no way shape or form did I think I had done "what it takes" to be selected. But for dang sure I am giving this place 150% of my effort to be a valuable contributor and give a honest "Shankster" review.

Don't be Mark or Rick. Be you, the average golfer and give us some real feedback. Just because they were given to you to test doesn't mean you'll like them. Tell us that you didn't like them and why.

And I'm off my box.

But for dang sure I am giving this place 150% of my effort to be a valuable contributor and give a honest "Shankster" review.

Hopefully everyone picked for future testings feels the same way! I'm thoroughly enjoying your i200 review so far. I like the approach, and it's a helluva lot better than reading a wall of Times New Roman. For me, you've set a standard for how I want to provide a review for the community if chosen. Thoughtful writing, quality pictures and editing, and honesty.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Be you, the average golfer and give us some real feedback.

That's "IT", that's *exactly* it!

Real person, descriptive reviews that provide actual _info_ ... And provide meaningful context in helping decide if something may work - or may not be right - for me.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Im one of the newbies here at MGS, I spent a lot of time on another forum for years and tested several products while I was there and I think I did a very good with them. The climate on the other forum changed awhile back and I just didn't fit in anymore so I spent less and less time there and eventually quit logging on at all. I knew a few of the guys on here from days at the other place ( Ole Grey, Dawgdaddy and a few others) so I decided that I might be a good fit here as well.

I agree with what others have said about the time and commitment it takes to do a proper review, it can be a job in itself. I also wouldn't put in for testing on something that didn't interest me or fit my game because it's not fair to the product, the OEM, MGS or other members who might have been more suited for that particular item.

I did put in for the Mizuno irons because I'm in the market for new irons and I'm very interested in the new model. I plan to be around here for a long time and I hope I am able to make some meaningful contributions to the site.

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Im one of the newbies here at MGS, I spent a lot of time on another forum for years and tested several products while I was there and I think I did a very good with them. The climate on the other forum changed awhile back and I just didn't fit in anymore so I spent less and less time there and eventually quit logging on at all. I knew a few of the guys on here from days at the other place ( Ole Grey, Dawgdaddy and a few others) so I decided that I might be a good fit here as well.

I agree with what others have said about the time and commitment it takes to do a proper review, it can be a job in itself. I also wouldn't put in for testing on something that didn't interest me or fit my game because it's not fair to the product, the OEM, MGS or other members who might have been more suited for that particular item.

I did put in for the Mizuno irons because I'm in the market for new irons and I'm very interested in the new model. I plan to be around here for a long time and I hope I am able to make some meaningful contributions to the site.

Heaps of people joined because of the Mizzy giveaway, it's no shock to me, and I'm sure the site admins aren't surprised either. Time will tell who was in it for the score and who joined the community for what it is.

Heaps of people joined because of the Mizzy giveaway, it's no shock to me, and I'm sure the site admins aren't surprised either. Time will tell who was in it for the score and who joined the community for what it is.

I understand what you are saying, I don't expect to be chosen honestly and I'll still be here next week doing what I can to contribute

Tim you did an excellent job of reviewing at the "other" forum and you will no doubt continue the tradition here. Good luck on the upcoming review opportunities!

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Ah Ha, I know you.

How ya doin

Doing good bulldog, good to see you!

I understand what you are saying, I don't expect to be chosen honestly and I'll still be here next week doing what I can to contribute

Not accusing you of doing it, just an observation

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I was selected for one of the "Big" tests before and recently got picked to do a putter test. Im super excited. I may not have 2000 posts or anything crazy but I do participate. I like this place more than others. There isnt an air of cockiness. I also only really apply to things id be interested in.  Its an honor ot be chosen. It also isnt an easy job. It requires a ton of research,trial and error, on course testing etc. I also cant  trust my scores those few weeks I am testing. I put new irons into play and my scores were off for a few weeks. Its cool you get to keep it and us eit if you like it. It sounds free and technically it is, but it does require a lot of time. When I got chosen for irons I also went to the range more and played more golf. that required some extra money in greens fees etc. I am not complaining at all but these are things to think about.

That being said I was actually very disappointed with my last review. I could have had better pictures. i could have described the feelings I got better. I dont know. This one will be better.

Check out my personal Equipment Blog and Podcast!

Huntingforbirdies.com

I was selected for one of the "Big" tests before and recently got picked to do a putter test. Im super excited. I may not have 2000 posts or anything crazy but I do participate. I like this place more than others. There isnt an air of cockiness. I also only really apply to things id be interested in. Its an honor ot be chosen. It also isnt an easy job. It requires a ton of research,trial and error, on course testing etc. I also cant trust my scores those few weeks I am testing. I put new irons into play and my scores were off for a few weeks. Its cool you get to keep it and us eit if you like it. It sounds free and technically it is, but it does require a lot of time. When I got chosen for irons I also went to the range more and played more golf. that required some extra money in greens fees etc. I am not complaining at all but these are things to think about.

That being said I was actually very disappointed with my last review. I could have had better pictures. i could have described the feelings I got better. I dont know. This one will be better.

Agree with all you've said, but most especially that very last part .. .. "ditto that"!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Just curious for those who have already done a review, how much time did you put into it? This would be a combination of range time, rounds, picture taking, and the actual writing.

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Just curious for those who have already done a review, how much time did you put into it? This would be a combination of range time, rounds, picture taking, and the actual writing.

My first review.... so far I try to write down things every day. I hit the range almost every day after work, play Friday, Saturday, and some Sunday's. I sneak in a hole or two here and there. Photos, I'm always messing around taking pics, writing and editing.

Range - 3 to 5 hrs a week

Playing - 6 to 9 hours a week

Pictures - 2 to 3 hours total so far

Writing - 6 to 8 hours so far

Research - Roughly 10 hours

Answering questions / being active - 12/7

Staring at the clubs - A lot

Started about a month ago. My math is horrible.

Since some of the questions have posted I've focused on them. Obviously had a little fun with the grill and the plate... that was only 3 minutes.

My first review.... so far I try to write down things every day. I hit the range almost every day after work, play Friday, Saturday, and some Sunday's. I sneak in a hole or two here and there. Photos, I'm always messing around taking pics, writing and editing.

Range - 3 to 5 hrs a week

Playing - 6 to 9 hours a week

Pictures - 2 to 3 hours total so far

Writing - 6 to 8 hours so far

Research - Roughly 10 hours

Answering questions / being active - 12/7

Staring at the clubs - A lot

Started about a month ago. My math is horrible.

Since some of the questions have posted I've focused on them. Obviously had a little fun with the grill and the plate... that was only 3 minutes.

Getting pretty close to a 40 hour work week lol. Sounds like they chose wisely with you. I would say that's a fairly appropriate amount of time to devote to an iron set as well.

Love the fact that jlukes is still working on a 6 month old review and didn't just drop the topic once he finished his stages.

As others have said, it's a commitment.

Like Shankster, I am currently testing the i200 irons. Since I received my test set one month ago, I haven't played more golf than usual, I always play a lot of golf but my focus has changed. The biggest thing is, I've been playing a set of irons that are not my preferred irons for a month straight. Whether the Pings were the greatest or worst irons in the world doesn't matter, I have committed myself to thoroughly getting to know everything about them. So, in addition to that, I have spent some significant, "test specific" time on this. I've have done three photo shoots with editing where I actually left my house, set up clubs, took my raw image files home and did color correction, etc. I spent hours writing my initial review. The rough draft was over 3,000 words which I then revised several times so I would not punish any other humans with 3,000 words worth of writing. I paid money out of my own pocket for sessions on a Trackman, took that data and put it into several excel sheets for use in my stage 2 review and I regularly monitor the official review thread to interact with any person who has questions. 

It's fun, I like doing it but there is absolutely real work that goes into it and in the long run, the hours of work I put into it are probably equivalent in value to the clubs I get. Basically, a temp side job that pays in golf clubs. Win - win!

Best of luck Garcia, if you really want to be a reviewer, I hope it works out and you give us some great reviews!

Driver:  :ping-small:  G 10.5* W/Tour Stiff 65g Ping Shaft   

Fairway Woods:  :cobra-small:  Cobra F6 13.5*, F6 Baffler 16*  

Irons: Split Set-  :ping-small: i200 3i - 7i ,  :benhogan-small: Ft Worth 15s, 8 (36), 9 (40), PW (44) 

Wedges: :benhogan-small:  TK, 52* & 56*

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin 

Bag:  :ping-small: Hoofer 5way

Balls:  :taylormade-small: TP5/X

As others have said, it's a commitment.

Like Shankster, I am currently testing the i200 irons. Since I received my test set one month ago, I haven't played more golf than usual, I always play a lot of golf but my focus has changed. The biggest thing is, I've been playing a set of irons that are not my preferred irons for a month straight. Whether the Pings were the greatest or worst irons in the world doesn't matter, I have committed myself to thoroughly getting to know everything about them. So, in addition to that, I have spent some significant, "test specific" time on this. I've have done three photo shoots with editing where I actually left my house, set up clubs, took my raw image files home and did color correction, etc. I spent hours writing my initial review. The rough draft was over 3,000 words which I then revised several times so I would not punish any other humans with 3,000 words worth of writing. I paid money out of my own pocket for sessions on a Trackman, took that data and put it into several excel sheets for use in my stage 2 review and I regularly monitor the official review thread to interact with any person who has questions.

It's fun, I like doing it but there is absolutely real work that goes into it and in the long run, the hours of work I put into it are probably equivalent in value to the clubs I get. Basically, a temp side job that pays in golf clubs. Win - win!

Best of luck Garcia, if you really want to be a reviewer, I hope it works out and you give us some great reviews!

How much did you end up with once you cut it down? My general writing philosophy is to tell the reader as much as possible with as few words as possible.

How much did you end up with once you cut it down? My general writing philosophy is to tell the reader as much as possible with as few words as possible.

Probably half that, less than 2,000 words for sure. Bear in mind, this isn't even the real review, it's the, "get to know you/initial thoughts" portion.

Driver:  :ping-small:  G 10.5* W/Tour Stiff 65g Ping Shaft   

Fairway Woods:  :cobra-small:  Cobra F6 13.5*, F6 Baffler 16*  

Irons: Split Set-  :ping-small: i200 3i - 7i ,  :benhogan-small: Ft Worth 15s, 8 (36), 9 (40), PW (44) 

Wedges: :benhogan-small:  TK, 52* & 56*

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin 

Bag:  :ping-small: Hoofer 5way

Balls:  :taylormade-small: TP5/X

I can honestly say, in the year I've been here, I don't think I've read one review, where I thought "boy that was a half a$$ effort. Every single one you can tell has had commitment behind it.

Well except for the one DB who took the product and ran without as much as a word.

Kudos to all who have reviewed.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I can honestly say, in the year I've been here, I don't think I've read one review, where I thought "boy that was a half a$$ effort. Every single one you can tell has had commitment behind it.

Well except for the one DB who took the product and ran without as much as a word.

Kudos to all who have reviewed.

wow........ somebody actually did that?   :angry:

:taylormade-small: SLDR 10.5 Oban HB

:taylormade-small: R11s Rip Phenom

:Hogan: Ft. Worth Black Irons

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54

:cleveland-small: CG10 58

:EVNROLL: EV 5.3 Duo

Just for the E6 ball testing, I took about 150+ photos, 3 hours a week testing on a putting/chipping area plus my back yard for those tall grass scenarios and put the balls into play during league rounds. Since we're all golfing aficionados, it doesn't seem like work at all. Everyone is a bit different in their reviewing style, but put in the work you would that you would want to get out of a review your reading.

On the NX7 Pro review, I took even more photos and more time with it.

MDGolfHacker

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

wow........ somebody actually did that? :angry:

Yep - I was a part of that review team. I think it was a Bushnell range finder. :(

We also had someone have their irons on eBay before the reviewing period was completed. I have no issue with a guy selling something he received and reviewed but this was way before stage three was done.

Other than that guys here have been great.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD