Dchallon

A Durable Carry/Stand Bag with Good Organization For Midsize Grips, Etc.

So I know there are most wanted golf bag articles but I feel like this years article on golf bags is a little less robust than 2016 & 2015's articles. I do a fair amount of walking and riding (probably 60/40) and was looking for a new bag that's very durable with good club organization. I use midsize grips and the narrower diameter bags give me trouble with club removal/placement. I'm looking for a durable bag with good club dividers. Weight really isn't a huge issue but lighter and durable with good club separation would be a win-win-win!! If there are other articles that I haven't found post a link. Anything would help!! So what ya got forum members?!?

Great Question.  I know bags get talked about a lot.    But the specific part about Mid Size grips is of great interest to me.   I started a thread here a week or so ago about Mid Size grips throughout the bag, and if I go that route, I could see my current bag being an issue.

I was hoping to get one of the Mizuno stand bags, but I may have to go with a non OEM bag (such as Ogio or Sun Mountain) if that's the better option.   I'll be interested to hear experiences of those with 12 to 14 clubs with Mid Size grips. 

• Like 1

Nike Air Hybrid has 14 dividers, is pretty light, has ample storage and works pretty well with midsize grips.  Really good bag - if you can find one anywhere pick it up. You'll like it!

I also have a Ben Hogan stand bag that I really like -- and from what I'm hearing you may be able to one again at some point in the not so distant future...

• Like 4

I've used a Ping hoofer 16 for the last year and a half. I have mid size grips on 13 clubs and a super stroke on the putter. Bag is really well thought out and most pockets are accessable while on the shoulder. I walk 90% of the time and this has been my favorite bag. I have no more problems with club removal or insertion than I had with regular size grips.

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

I purchased a Titleist bag,has the separate dividers with plastic sleeves in them.by far the worst bag EVER. I am also a mid size grip guy. My last bag was a Callaway with the section dividers. Worked perfectly.

I've used a Ping hoofer 16 for the last year and a half. I have mid size grips on 13 clubs and a super stroke on the putter. Bag is really well thought out and most pockets are accessable while on the shoulder. I walk 90% of the time and this has been my favorite bag. I have no more problems with club removal or insertion than I had with regular size grips.

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I'll second the Ping Hoofer 16, I used it for about a year but got another bag as a gift and I wish I would have kept the Ping bag

I went with the Ping Hoofer, based on the MGS review and wow... it is by far the best bagI've ever owned.