TSauer

Happy thread

1 minute ago, Peaksy68 said:

Just back from seeing my surgeon, he doesn't think he needs to see me again.  Given the all clear to ease back into both golf and full duties at work. Big smile on my face at the moment. Still got a lot of rehab ahead of me, but being basically pain free for the first time in 6 months is great.

Congrats!! Must feel great!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Peaksy68 said:

Just back from seeing my surgeon, he doesn't think he needs to see me again.  Given the all clear to ease back into both golf and full duties at work. Big smile on my face at the moment. Still got a lot of rehab ahead of me, but being basically pain free for the first time in 6 months is great.

Congratulations!!  You done good!  Now don't screw it up by rushing back into golf too soon.  Have a nice wine!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Congratulations!!  You done good!  Now don't screw it up by rushing back into golf too soon.  Have a nice wine!

On the slow road, planning on building things up gradually with the aim to playing first week of August. You must have read my mind, I'm planning on breaking out something special from the cellar after my first round back.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Shankster said:

3 days into my vacation and I haven’t had to answer a phone call. 🏌🏼‍♂️

I don't answer robo calls either!  😀

• Like 3

Hopped in one of the Gators today and took a tour of our under construction golf course.  Will hopefully be playing the first four holes next week if we can get the rain to stop.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Job interview that seemed to go well this week! Fingers crossed!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 7

Hope it happens for you!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PAgolfer2017 said:

Good luck!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Hope it happens for you!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

29 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

Good luck!

Thanks! 

I dropped my daughter off at my home club at 7am.  Her and several other kids have been spending their days at the club practicing, playing and just hanging out.  It's great for me to see these kids getting enjoyment from the game of golf.  It must be something she loves for her to be willing to get up at 6:30am during her summer vacation to go to the golf course all day.

• Like 6

I dropped my daughter off at my home club at 7am.  Her and several other kids have been spending their days at the club practicing, playing and just hanging out.  It's great for me to see these kids getting enjoyment from the game of golf.  It must be something she loves for her to be willing to get up at 6:30am during her summer vacation to go to the golf course all day.

That’s great

• Like 1

At this stage I don't have a truck on Sunday, so I made another tee time for Sunday morning...playing 2 days in a row is very rare for me.

• Like 1

As a father, these fun facts about the junior golfers are really warming my heart to read. Even if you don't plan on applying, I highly recommend reading through the entries:

• Like 6

Well. I was happily surprised when I went to the golf course today.  We have a new fleet of Yamaha carts!!!  The old carts were supposed to be replaced in April, but for some reason they were delayed.  The club leases carts for 3 years; it's been 3 years and 3 months.  

Amazing how rental carts get trashed in just 3 years!  We had one last week that had been rolled (not that hard to do with the huge mounds of grass around the course).  The top was repaired but was askew toward the back, so it was difficult to pull a club out of the bag without hitting the top.  It's a muni... and people ride standing on the back of the carts when out of sight of the clubhouse and marshal; cigarette burn marks on every cart on the dash by the ball holder.

Last Sunday my wife and I played 15 holes, and the cart ran out of juice after our tee shots on 16.  It took 30 minutes for the clubhouse to send a kid with another cart; we just drove in.  The new carts are amazingly quiet and the suspension is wonderful!!  Probably not in a year though, but I'll enjoy them this year.

• Like 4

I'm happy my dog did an amazing 70 yard blind retrieve in training today.

• Like 4

Passed a big test today that I need for my big move of being my own boss instead of working for someone else. Had 3:45 to take it. Finished it with an hour to go. Waiting for that score to pop up at the end is heart stopping. They should have a defibrillator in the testing center.

One more test to go!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 7

Seems as if I am late into this thread, however at 77 I am happy each morning when I wake up and take the first breath of a new day, having a good breakfast then going into the studio to paint tops it off. Happy days people thank your lucky stars for every day

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Day 2 of freshman orientation. Excited for the opportunities my daughter will have in college.

• Like 7

Happy to have my daughter back home after her freshman year in college.  Happy for some extra scholarship.  Not looking forward to her mostly empty room come late August as she is renting an apartment with some friends when she returns to UO. 

• Like 3