Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Dom's 2018 WITB (UPDATED 12-27-17)

On a more WITB note

Tell us more about the shafts. I read their website and the seem to be only in IL. Are the an in house manufactured shaft or do the do something with off the shelf shafts. Seems like the used to be pure stix and are now sure stix. Based on that rename it sounds like something similar to what is talked about with purring, floing, and frequency matching.

Tried to read the slides but they flip too quickly and the videos were not extremely informative.

Yeah the website isn't great.

Their main fitter Kyle Slechta is in IL and basically does all fittings and order write ups.

The shafts are a no-name Japanese brand that has been supplying us shafts for the last 8 years. The important part isn't necessarily the shaft, but the building process.

Each person fit, has a specific frequency and every club they order is built to that frequency. In order for the clubs to be perfect, their tolerance is +/- 1 CPM, on tour this tolerance is +/- 5 CPM.

What frequency matching does, it make each club play similarly, as far as flex, kickpoint, load, droop, etc. so you get more consistent numbers and accuracy.

We have tested them against every major shaft on the market and they beat everything as far as swing speed, carry, spin, side, consistency, etc.

The difference between a Sure Stix build and a Cool Clubs is the amount of time and effort that has to go into a set to build them perfectly.

Cool Clubs can build an iron set in 30-45 mins, whereas our builder takes 4 hours to build a set. Because each club has to be weighted to a 10th of a gram and every cut moves the frequency. So Cool Clubs might go, Pure, Cut, check, shaft, grip. Our guy goes, ream head, weight, cut, check frequency, cut, check frequency, weight, cut, check frequency, weight, use algorithm to get epoxy weight, shaft, tape, check frequency, grip, check frequency, re-weight head if need be.

If the frequency of the shafts are outside the tolerances it has to be re-built. It's a long tiresome process, but it delivers the best results.

Now, unless you are there to witness the results most don't believe how good the shafts are. I was even skeptical at first, but after testing I can't believe how much more consist and overall better my numbers are.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never thought I will find lower scores in new equipment and I know that. I work harder than many people seem to think, given I drive to my coaches facility 1hr away, 4 days a week for 5 hrs a day and workout 5 days a week. 

I tout the few high-end products I have because it draws an audience. Example: Pure745's WITB on GolfWRX.

All customizations, shafts, stamps, covers, etc. were either gifts, done/given to me for free, or paid for by myself. I don't feel it is that hard to understand this, yet I seem to have to say it over and over again. 

I have received kickback from many, many people for starting these but I truly don't understand why. 

Pure is a classic example of a modern club ho but he does trade off a lot of high end stuff too. I always tune in to see what he has gotten into now. Me I mess with a lot of classic low cost stuff I find on the scrap pile at work or buy at the Good Will store.I also trade off a lot of classic stuff. Rules on Am status have changed quit a bit since I was your age. I remember when I was qualifying for the Junior AM at age 14. I had a nice Hogan Sun Jet carry bag. Had to take duct tape and cover Hogan on it. Hats you could wear one with your home course or school on it but no product hats not even non golf related. Back in those days it was the same as an AM even trying to qualify for the Open. I know around here I will help any kid for free with club repairs etc whether they are playing NGA Junior events or traveling junior golf leagues. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Yeah the website isn't great.

Their main fitter Kyle Slechta is in IL and basically does all fittings and order write ups.

The shafts are a no-name Japanese brand that has been supplying us shafts for the last 8 years. The important part isn't necessarily the shaft, but the building process.

Each person fit, has a specific frequency and every club they order is built to that frequency. In order for the clubs to be perfect, their tolerance is +/- 1 CPM, on tour this tolerance is +/- 5 CPM.

What frequency matching does, it make each club play similarly, as far as flex, kickpoint, load, droop, etc. so you get more consistent numbers and accuracy.

We have tested them against every major shaft on the market and they beat everything as far as swing speed, carry, spin, side, consistency, etc.

The difference between a Sure Stix build and a Cool Clubs is the amount of time and effort that has to go into a set to build them perfectly.

Cool Clubs can build an iron set in 30-45 mins, whereas our builder takes 4 hours to build a set. Because each club has to be weighted to a 10th of a gram and every cut moves the frequency. So Cool Clubs might go, Pure, Cut, check, shaft, grip. Our guy goes, ream head, weight, cut, check frequency, cut, check frequency, weight, cut, check frequency, weight, use algorithm to get epoxy weight, shaft, tape, check frequency, grip, check frequency, re-weight head if need be.

If the frequency of the shafts are outside the tolerances it has to be re-built. It's a long tiresome process, but it delivers the best results.

Now, unless you are there to witness the results most don't believe how good the shafts are. I was even skeptical at first, but after testing I can't believe how much more consist and overall better my numbers are.

He builds clubs like I build a set especially for me. That may be one of the reasons I do not run a shop for a living. I rebuilt a set of absolutely screwed S-57 Pings for my friend Conrad on WRX. Took me a whole weekend to do about 20 hours in all. My 82 Macgregor VIPs that I rebuilt with Hogan Apex shafts I have about 20 hrs or so in them building not counting about 2 rounds and 6 hrs range testing and tweaking to get them right for me. They go in the front line bag in a money match today. But it does not roll out of my shop unless it is right. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

• 1 month later...

I'm a little late to the game here but am I the only one that thinks Dom needs to worry more about his amateur status? The NCAA takes the amateur status very seriously and taking free equipment and asking for money on a gofundme could fit into the category of improper benefits. You have some great gear kid, just be careful as the NCAA isn't as forgiving as the spy's.

I'm a little late to the game here but am I the only one that thinks Dom needs to worry more about his amateur status? The NCAA takes the amateur status very seriously and taking free equipment and asking for money on a gofundme could fit into the category of improper benefits. You have some great gear kid, just be careful as the NCAA isn't as forgiving as the spy's.

A lot of that has changed since the old school days--- I can remember when you played USGA sanctioned events you could not wear a hat with any brand logo on it. You could wear one with your school on it or a golf course logo. I can remember I did a Jr Am qualifier and I had a beautiful Hogan Sun Jet bag with "Hogan" on it. I had to take duct tape and cover the logo. I technically lost my Am status when I was 16 or so because I played in a big Calcutta and our team won and I collected money.

G

Archived