Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Weight Loss Thread

MattF

Sure now this happens - it’s like the NCAA tournament thing - I won the first and got nothing. I lost 45 lbs last year. I don’t have 45 more stored up. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
Well it's not my fault you couldn't just keep all that weight on until this idea popped into my head.

Kidding of course but it would likely have to be percentage based to make it fair. A 200 pound guy losing 20 pounds and a 300 pound guy losing 30 pounds would both be a 10% loss, that way it stays even.

So your loss isn't in vain although the more fit you are the harder it is to lose weight so it still may be more difficult for you. But it's more about extra motivation than it is winning of course.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

RH:

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 9.0º - 14g Low - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Woods: :cobra-small: F9 3W - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Hybrids: :cobra-small:  F9 3H - Aldila Green X

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 One Length 4-PW - Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cobra-small: King Wedges 50º/54º/58º Versatile

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne 35"

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

#cobraconnect19

Dropped 8lbs from my holiday gain. It was nice to get back into my routine and eating consistently again. I do think some of the weight gain may have been muscle which is nice. 

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

I am back at the routine after a rough December. Didn’t put any weight on but got back into bad habits and now it is a January detox. Next to no carbs, lots of protein, back to exercise and most of all no beer at all. Want to get down another 30 lbs. by the time golf season starts.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

Well, the family and I have started a gym membership with planet fitness. It’s pretty inexpensive since we can take a “guest” every visit. The guest will be the kids. My son likes to Work out and has wanted to go to a gym for a while. We visited the PF center up the road and after some discussion we are all in. There are some good things, if we find that we are not using it, we can cancel at any time, no huge contract. Also, my son is not old enough to have his own membership so I will most likely haveti take him, and since I will be there, I might as well join in. That will at least get me in the building. As a family We have committed to a minimum Of 4 days per week, but will go more as time allows based on work, church,  and school activities. One of the things I did like about PF was that they DO NOT cater to the “body building” weight lifters that always seem to be the ones to take over the gyms, and sort of make guys like me feel like we don’t belong. (Not all of them do it purpose). PF doesnt have all of the weight equipment that is needed for that type of work out. I really like that. We are plannng to do this as a family, and hopefully we continue. The hardest part is getting in the door. I don’t have any resolution to do this, but it is definitely something that I need. 

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Well, last couple of planks have been 90 seconds and I'm hoping to go 2 minutes by the end of the week.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

4.7 pounds down my first week trying. 238 and change to 233 and change.  Feeling good, I really can't say enough good things about  the Peloton Bike. I credit the weight loss entirely to the addicting workouts. If anyone has questions about it, because I know you've seen the ten thousand commercials for it, I'm happy to answer them. 

RH:

#cobraconnect19

4 minutes ago, bardle said:

4.7 pounds down my first week trying. 238 and change to 233 and change.  Feeling good, I really can't say enough good things about  the Peloton Bike. I credit the weight loss entirely to the addicting workouts. If anyone has questions about it, because I know you've seen the ten thousand commercials for it, I'm happy to answer them. 

I was looking for a cross trainer but swmbo prefers a bike. Any pro's and cons of this bike? 

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

3 minutes ago, perseveringgolfer said:

I was looking for a cross trainer but swmbo prefers a bike. Any pro's and cons of this bike? 

I haven't found many cons besides cost. It's the financing plus the subscription, so we did the full family get up with shoes and heart monitors and all and it rounds out at a little over 100 a month total.

If I'm going to be really critical, me and the wife were discussing that since there is such a huge array of classes and class types, it becomes a little difficult to know what to do first and where to go besides just the beginner classes. It would be nice if they had a quiz or questionnaire to get you on the right path towards your goals. Like I said, thats a wishlist, not a con...

Pros:

- An insane amount of spin class options, live and recorded. Some notes on this, I've done live spin classes in studio at places like Flywheel whose claim to fame is the quality of their instructors and I swear to you, the Peloton instructors are miles ahead of anything I have done in studio. Not to mention there are probably 10 to choose from, all of which have huge libraries and different specialties so if you don't like one, you can try another. I personally have an affinity for two different instructors who motivate me to push myself more than any class I have ever done, and I am a serial gym rat, I have done Crossfit, orange theory, Flywheel, and even Jiu Jitsu for a period, and have never had instructors keep me motivated to push myself like this. The good news is that the 39 dollar subscription allows unlimited members to use the same bike for no extra cost. 

- The Bike - The bike is incredibly well made, it weighs in at like 140 builds and is super sturdy. I weigh about 235 and the thing almost never moves, it's also super quiet, which comes in handy with my 2 month old in the house.

- Gamification - This is probably what pushes me the most, classes are measured by output, it tracks other things, but you get PR's by breaking your highest output given the length of the class, so 20,30,45,60,90 minute classes track your highest output per. I've found it fascinating how badly I want to break my highest PR every class. It really applies to my gamer brain, this sense of acheivement and accomplishment by numbers. It's also really nice to see how much you've improved week to week and even day to day. 

- Its not just Spin classes - Something Peloton does a poor job of marketing is that the subscription you pay for the live and recorded spin classes also comes with Live and recorded classes of different types that you can cast from your phone or bike to a tv using chromecast. These include Yoga, Bootcamp, Strength, Running, Walking, Cardio, and Meditation. The running and walking classes are live and recorded audio sessions so you can run and listen to instruction which I haven't tried yet due to weather but feels like a fantastic idea.  

------------------

This is probably more than you bargained for, The depth of features is intense, I didn't even talk about power zone training....It might be better if you ask me specific questions in case you have any concerns. ha

RH:

#cobraconnect19

Dinner tonight. Turkey sausage, bacon and cheese in an egg white wrap. Two of them are 440 calories, 36g of protein and 7 net carbs. Really a nice meal for a change.

56860305387__9A92D0CE-722D-4CC4-AF71-68C07E8CF83E.JPG

WITB 2024

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

So I'm on the train. I re-installed MyFitnessPal on my phone to track my eating habits, and also got the 7 Minute Workout app so I can get in some exercise in the morning. I'm also making a point to get to the gym at the Y at least 2x per week, usually when my son is at karate. I've got to run up and down a giant ramp pushing props in April in a situation where the kids are timed on and off the floor at WGI World Championships, and last year I was sucking wind the entire time. Gotta get in shape! 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Today I started working out on the Total Gym. Got up at 5 and did 2 sets of 12 reps for each exercise with the incline set at about 50%. For those of you that may scoff at the height and small number of reps, this thing WILL give you a workout, especially if you're concentrating on proper form.

Right now, I'll do 3 times a week, just the upper body. I walk, on average, over 10,000 steps per day, and if you've seen my calves you know why I'm not doing legs at the moment.

In the bag:
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I stepped on the scale Friday and am below my pre-holiday weight. Currently at 216.4 with a goal of getting to 200.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Week 1 at the gym went well. I made my goal of 4 days. I may add a 5th day for only cardio. 

Friday we worked chest and triceps. I am really stiff and sore yesterday, and today still. One thing I had forgotten is that through all of my younger days of playing hockey and baseball/softball is that I have done some damage to my left shoulder, so bench pressing really puts a lot of pressure on it. I now know that I need to take it easy on that exercise and build up strength a bit slower. I think some of the soreness is from compensating on other muscles to protect the sore shoulder. Other than that I think I am doing okay. 

My motto, “doing something is better than doing nothing.”  

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I’ve been on the train as well since the new year. Worked out all but two days so far since 1/1. Lost 6 lbs and hoping to get to a total goal of 30. Trying my best to snack healthy and avoid soda. Not a big drinker of beer/alcohol but the liquid calories of soda kill me. My wife works full time as well and we have three kids under 5 so time is short. I play basketball about twice a week and the others I am trying to continue to my gym at work during my lunch hour. It’s all about staying with it and just doing something.

Crazy how often I try to talk myself out of going or doing something. Gotta stay with it. Good luck to all

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

Today I started working out on the Total Gym. Got up at 5 and did 2 sets of 12 reps for each exercise with the incline set at about 50%. For those of you that may scoff at the height and small number of reps, this thing WILL give you a workout, especially if you're concentrating on proper form.

M equipment probably Right now, I'll do 3 times a week, just the upper body. I walk, on average, over 10,000 steps per day, and if you've seen my calves you know why I'm not doing legs at the moment.

I started workouts on my Total Gym last year and really love it. I can get a great workout in a short period of time

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Lost another 1.8 this week. Ended up having to miss a few days in the gym after my low back and hips got really tight and restricted my movements. But I’m back today after some steroids. Gonna be incorporating a lot more pre and post workout stretching going forward 

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Made it booze free for 14 days and counting.  I told my wife that she may find me in the yard surrounded by beer cans on February 1st.

WITB 2024

Today is one of those days where I hate having to weigh in every day. Up 2.2 lbs from yesterday for no discernible reason.

I finish my year long program in February at which point I will switch to weekly weigh ins.

My guess is that I will be back down to 165 or below tomorrow.

I remain below my target weight of 168. I’ve been there since mid September. I like to stay around 165 though.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

weighed myself today- haven't lost one single effing ounce- same weight I was 2 weeks ago.

/note to self- MUST do better

4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Did my second workout this morning and it was harder than Monday but worth it.

In the bag:

Bag: 

weighed myself today- haven't lost one single effing ounce- same weight I was 2 weeks ago.

/note to self- MUST do better

But do you have any non-scale victories? Pants feel looser? Stuck to your program? People have noticed you lost weight?

When the scale fails look for other victories. Sometimes they are more important. Hang in there - the weight loss will come.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

13 hours ago, revkev said:

But do you have any non-scale victories? Pants feel looser? Stuck to your program? People have noticed you lost weight?

When the scale fails look for other victories. Sometimes they are more important. Hang in there - the weight loss will come.

Good point- I remember a personal trainer telling me "it's not the weight you lose, it's how your clothes feel and hang on you that makes the difference"

Good point- I remember a personal trainer telling me "it's not the weight you lose, it's how your clothes feel and hang on you that makes the difference"

That's for sure! My "pants index" is the best determinator of weight gain or loss.

That's for sure! My "pants index" is the best determinator of weight gain or loss.

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I completed my first week of working out and eating thoughtfully. Had to wait till this week to begin as the Mrs. and I had a trip to NOLA last week and I was not missing out on that deliciousness.
My goal for the year is at the end of each week, I can say that I worked out (high level of intensity) 3x for 30mins and that for my meals, I prepared 16/21 for the week. I feel this gives me enough flexibility to enjoy life, but push myself to have overall more healthy choices in my life.

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch