hckymeyer

2018 Official Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Golf

Our Sponsors

Did my second workout for the week and then hit balls on the range. Averaged 97.6 on the radar for 8 driver swings. Hit 104 top. That’s faster than the end of level one as a tester so speed is coming back. I think I will move on to level 2 workouts next week but still keep it at 3 rather than moving to 4 swings.

Going to the putting green - chilly day in Florida, low 60’s. Brrrr

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Low 60s

I was at Disney last week. Wore shorts everyday! Highs were mid 60s to mid 70s. You guys are so spoiled. Haha

It is funny going there this time of year. It will be 65 and you’ll see everything from tank tops to parkas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

#MGSCOBRA2020 #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 is live!  Follow Along here!

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Tensei Pro White 6TX

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

:Arccos:

#cuetheduckboats

Low 60s

I was at Disney last week. Wore shorts everyday! Highs were mid 60s to mid 70s. You guys are so spoiled. Haha

It is funny going there this time of year. It will be 65 and you’ll see everything from tank tops to parkas.

I was being tongue in cheek but the longer I live here the cooler the 60’s feel. I wish I could say the 90’s and 90 percent humidity geeks great but that would be a lie. :)

• Like 2

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Alpha Distanza 40 weak R flex shaft

Tour Exotics EX 10 3 wood

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

I was being tongue in cheek but the longer I live here the cooler the 60’s feel. I wish I could say the 90’s and 90 percent humidity geeks great but that would be a lie. :)

I figured as much! 65-70 and sunny is ideal for me. Even my buddies up here prefer it a little warmer than me!

But yeah, 90 with the FLA humidity can be brutal.

• Like 2

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

#cuetheduckboats

I was only able to get in one workout this week due to some crazy weather here in Tennessee. We had torrential rain for a couple of days, followed by three inches of snow.

Here's a picture taken off one of the news sites of a field about five miles from me off the rainfall.19169866_G.jpeg

Here's the view from my house Saturday.
20200208_121933.jpeg

I just counted my previous session as a maintenance workout and didn't count it toward my weekly routine.

Got back at it today and am amazed how quickly the speeds started to ramp back up. I like how SuperSpeed sticks with you and while training you realize what you need to do to go faster. I hit a high of 116 mph today with the lightest stick on my last swing.20200209_160422-01.jpeg

It's calling for rain again all week, so hopefully it'll be nicer toward the weekend and I can get my second session in.

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

I was only able to get in one workout this week due to some crazy weather here in Tennessee. We had torrential rain for a couple of days, followed by three inches of snow.

Here's a picture taken off one of the news sites of a field about five miles from me off the rainfall.19169866_G.jpeg.53ce1db72921108e3ccae322983e6d0b.jpeg

Here's the view from my house Saturday.
20200208_121933.jpeg.ef526ae6c8d5dc1dc3d1fa1e92db6aaf.jpeg

I just counted my previous session as a maintenance workout and didn't count it toward my weekly routine.

Got back at it today and am amazed how quickly the speeds started to ramp back up. I like how SuperSpeed sticks with you and while training you realize what you need to do to go faster. I hit a high of 116 mph today with the lightest stick on my last swing.20200209_160422-01.jpeg.bf52406cd761eb5bd7e42e6d08865888.jpeg

It's calling for rain again all week, so hopefully it'll be nicer toward the weekend and I can get my second session in.

Wow crazy weather! I actually have no snow in my yard here in MA which feels strange.

Keep up the good work! 116 in the middle of winter is a great number!

• Like 1

#cuetheduckboats

That weather is nuts - I’ve seen nothing but snow about my friends’ houses this past week. I keep forgetting that it’s still the dead of winter up North. We are in full bloom spring down here - got our night of two in the low 40’s/30’s out of the way - and now this week we are supposed to be in the low 80’s.

Time to get the AC serviced...

• Like 3

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Alpha Distanza 40 weak R flex shaft

Ping G410 5-9 wood

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

On 2/7/2020 at 3:10 PM, revkev said:

Did my second workout for the week and then hit balls on the range. Averaged 97.6 on the radar for 8 driver swings. Hit 104 top. That’s faster than the end of level one as a tester so speed is coming back. I think I will move on to level 2 workouts next week but still keep it at 3 rather than moving to 4 swings.

Going to the putting green - chilly day in Florida, low 60’s. Brrrr

One thing I noticed this second time through is that SuperSpeed seems to have updated their protocols slightly since I started and are now only 3 swings across the board in level two instead of four. So you're definitely on the right track in sticking with three. SS_Level_2.thumb.png.c34bc5f8f27836742f4fee72e6e419c6.png

• Like 2

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 9.8 (Last Updated July 25, 2020)

2020 MGS #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE PARTICIPANT #TEAMSCALVESLIKEPHIL - Check out all of the action over here!

#CC4 WITB (Cobra x Vessel SpeedZone Stand Bag)

Driver: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme (9°, set to Draw), 44.5", Aldila Rogue Silver 60 (110 MSI) Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
3W: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone (15°), -3/4" SHORT, Aldila Rogue Silver 70 (110 MSI) Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
17° Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone, -1/2" SHORT, UST Recoil 480 ESX F4, Lamkin Sonar Connect
4-GW: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone, 2° Flat, -1/2" SHORT, KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
54°, 58°: :cobra-small: Cobra KING MIM Black, 3° Flat, -1/2" SHORT (54°), -1/4" SHORT (58°), KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
Putter: :taylormade-small: TaylorMade Spider X, 33", Golf Pride Tour Only Red Star
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow / :srixon-small: Srixon Z-Star XV Tour Yellow
Tracked By: :Arccos: Cobra Connect powered by Arccos

12 hours ago, B.Boston said:

Wow crazy weather! I actually have no snow in my yard here in MA which feels strange.

Keep up the good work! 116 in the middle of winter is a great number!

Same here in Mansfield...just got back from a weekend visiting family near Saratoga, NY - they have a decent amount of snow, so now it looks even more barren (I'm a big fan of snow)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mike Lambert said:

Same here in Mansfield...just got back from a weekend visiting family near Saratoga, NY - they have a decent amount of snow, so now it looks even more barren (I'm a big fan of snow)

Hey the way that I look at it if I'm going to be stuck in cold weather winter there might as well be snow.  Nothing worse than drab and gray IMO.

Ping G410 5-9 wood

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

I like the snow too. White Christmas and all. I prefer more of it in ski country so I can get some nice ski days in, but Round this time of year I’m happy with less of it. Haha

#cuetheduckboats

I started my training on 1/15 and have followed the protocol suggestions.   I had slipped down to a 100 mph driver ss over the last several years from approx 108.  

I'm going to follow the program for the entire season in hopes of getting past the plateau periods and hope for an increase by the end of the year back to the 108-110 range.  

It's too early to get frustrated but I do find it interesting that my  ss with the lightest green stick is usually only 110-112 while I'm 108 with the red. the blue as expected is 100-102 at the moment.   With my current driver, I'm now getting up to 105-107 although I don't thing I would swing that hard on course.   Still, it's nice to see the increase over what I was capable of before I started the training.     When I swing the green,  the sound and feel seem noticeably  faster yet I'm disappointed to see low numbers...  I can't wait to see where I am after finishing level 2.

• Like 2

Back with the training again today.  It was definitely a day of mixed feelings.

The good news: after taking the entire summer off I finally matched my top green club speed again.  I was also within 1mph of my best blue and red swings.

IMG_1540.JPG.b7b08e91c474a44aa9f3fba74df711d8.JPG

And the bad news.  After 507 days of training together I regret to inform everyone that my SwingSpeed Radar is no longer with us.  The next swing after 144mph I tried to give it one last gargantuan effort to set an all time personal best.  Unfortunately this is what happened:

IMG_1541.JPG.a0d8afbe03b24377e3457df14642f98b.JPG

If I had to predict I would say that my swing that broke the radar was otherwordly.  The device decided that rather than show me such a massive speed it would crack it's own screen to save me from myself and the massive ego that would follow.

Thank you old friend.

• Like 7
  • Sad 2
  • Off Topic 1

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 10.5°, Fujikura Ventus Blue 6X
Fairway Wood:  :cobra-small: F9, Fujikura ATMOS TS Black 7X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, N.S. Pro Modus3 G.O.S.T. Tour S
4 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, Fujikura ATMOS 7 Stiff
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: KING Black 50°, 54°, 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5B

5 minutes ago, Bucky CC said:

The good news: after taking the entire summer off I finally matched my top green club speed again.  I was also within 1mph of my best blue and red swings.

And the bad news.  After 507 days of training together I regret to inform everyone that my SwingSpeed Radar is no longer with us.  The next swing after 144mph I tried to give it one last gargantuan effort to set an all time personal best.  Unfortunately this is what happened:

If I had to predict I would say that my swing that broke the radar was otherwordly.  The device decided that rather than show me such a massive speed it would crack it's own screen to save me from myself and the massive ego that would follow.

Thank you old friend.

It's good to know that the maximum swing speed for my radar is 144.  I'll try to remember that.  🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Thank you old friend.

144 isn’t otherworldly as is? RIP Mr Radar.

• Like 3

#cuetheduckboats

at the end of each session I finish with a couple of driver swings.  I have noticed a steady increase in my driver from week to week so far but strangely not much change in my green stick.

Day one my drivers highest reading was 101 and today it was 108 for three of four swings.  I'm happy to see the improvements but why would my red and blue be increasing and not the green.  I am swinging almost as fast with the blue as green.  I have only managed to hit 115-117 a couple of random times with my normal being 111.  

Rest in peace Mr. Radar, you gave your owner great service and will be sorely missed. That's always a bummer when you hear the crunch of impact, or in your case, I can see where the blade of air impacted the radar and ended its life.

Hitting 144 is a massive number! I might one day see it, if it picks up ball speed, that is.

• Like 3

Does anyone from the original group still have his original radar? I’m on number 3.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ping G410 5-9 wood

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

Does anyone from the original group still have his original radar? I’m on number 3.

Rev are you using something other than your SC200?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

:cobra-small: F Max 5 wood

:ping-small:  9 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*
:wilson-small: C300 4i-GP
:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*
:ping-small: EYE 2 Wedge 60*

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain:

:SuperSpeed: Official Tester 2020   Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

My original radar got broken fairly early on. I still had it in case I wanted to get it fixed. I think I threw it away sometime around Christmas. Radar number two is still kicking!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, revkev said:

Mine still works perfectly, but it hasn't been used much since last spring.  I started back up, but may be making a few protocol changes.  More on that later after I do so testing.

• Like 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”