Forum Org Change: Reviews Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Edveed

Are you a no thought swinger of the club?

21 hours ago, Edveed said:

Or/ do you have certain feels or positions you focus on each time out? 

Yes and no? I have things I think of while standing over the ball, but when it comes to actually swinging the club I personally don't want to be thinking much about anything. I like to take one last look at my target before starting the swing and react to that. I don't like to think about tempo, position, or making any particular move. I just want to react to the target in a natural way as if throwing a baseball. As Dr. Bob Rotella suggests in several of his books, the best way for a golfer to achieve their peak performance on the course is to simply get out of his or her own way. I've found this to be true when I play as well. This is why I rarely ever take practice swings. How many times do you see a quarterback make a practice throw after the start of the play? 

Edited by TR1PTIK
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PMookie said:

But total swing time is less than 2-3 seconds......... Hmmm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The 7--4-7 is from Club Pro Guy.  He does golf parodies and is just plain funny.  jlukes references him in his response.  Didn't intend to mislead anyone.

21 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

The 7--4-7 is from Club Pro Guy.  He does golf parodies and is just plain funny.  jlukes references him in his response.  Didn't intend to mislead anyone.

I thought it was funny and to see the responses is even funnier.  People really need to get on board with CPG.  Has created his own brand basically.  Look up No Laying Up's podcast with CPG.  Gives some great background.  

54 minutes ago, TR1PTIK said:

Yes and no? I have things I think of while standing over the ball, but when it comes to actually swinging the club I personally don't want to be thinking much about anything. I like to take one last look at my target before starting the swing and react to that. I don't like to think about tempo, position, or making any particular move. I just want to react to the target in a natural way as if throwing a baseball. As Dr. Bob Rotella suggests in several of his books, the best way for a golfer to achieve their peak performance on the course is to simply get out of his or her own way. I've found this to be true when I play as well. This is why I rarely ever take practice swings. How many times do you see a quarterback make a practice throw after the start of the play? 

The unconscious golfer. His examples in the books are really good

• Like 1

On a more serious note.  

preshot from behind the ball.

I like to feel a good tempo, chest/shoulders/elbows connected, rotate through shot, visualize the shot/Pick target.

Over the ball.

Focus on target, stay loose.