Member Introductions

Our Sponsors

hi everyone im ed from sydney, i play off 16 and most of the time my short game is killing me with the ever so often duffed drive.

like everyone else im tryin to play better golf . i love the game i love the equipment. Even if i had a rough day at the course im still alws coming back for more

Taylormade RBZ2 TP 9.5 Fuel 60

Ping i20 3 wood Aldila Nv

Adams Dhy 18*

Mizuno Mp59 4-p KBS Tour S

Vokey 50* 55* 60*

Scotty Cameron Select Newport 1.5

Ball - Z star XV

Oakley Stand Bag

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello everyone. My name is Nate and im brand spanking new to MGS. Love golf, somewhat good at it, and enjoy the company of friends while playing. Former world long drive championship competitor. N

First off, thank you for joining the MyGolfSpy forum!   As for myself, I'm Morris and I'm a bit of a golf nut who both enjoys playing the game and learning as much as I can about it. More importa

Hi all - Mainuh here. I didn't realize the forum was up and running until I opened my email this a.m. Some of you might recognize my name from one or two other forums that I frequent. I'm not a prol

Posted Images

ninjacobra - right there with you. I'm always fighting my game and coming back for more. (though this week I think I'm due up for a two or three day break from the game so I can relax and get back on solid feet, this week's rounds ruined me)

hi everyone im ed from sydney, i play off 16 and most of the time my short game is killing me with the ever so often duffed drive.

like everyone else im tryin to play better golf . i love the game i love the equipment. Even if i had a rough day at the course im still alws coming back for more

Reading your threads and replies and problems (duffed drives) is like staring at myself in the mirror!

I hope one day we can really fix that driving problem!

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Hey, what's up guys.

My name is Matt, I'm 19 years old and am a freshmen in college. I play golf for Tiffin University here in Ohio. I am absolutely addicted to golf, whether it be equipment or actually playing. My goal is to eventually make it onto the PGA Tour. Been on the forum for a while and absoultely love it. Keep up the good work MGS.

Favorite players: Tiger Woods, Bubba Watson and Dustin Johnson.

Driver--Taylormade RBZ Tour 9* Aldila RIP Phenom 65s

Fairway Metal--Taylormade R11s 14* Aldila RIP Phenom 70s

Hybrid--Taylormade RBZ Tour 18.5* RE-AX 85 gram S

Irons--Nike Vr Pro-Combo 4-PW True Temper Dynamic Gold S300

Wedges--Nike SV Tour Forged 50*, 56*, 60* True Temper Dynamic Gold

Putter--Scotty Cameron California Del Mar

Ball--Taylormade Lethal

Grips--Lamkin R.E.L 3Gen (Woods-green, Irons-red, Wedges-white)

Welcome tp MGS Andy. The little ones will do that to your golf game, maybe they will pick up golf.

:cobra-small: Driver F9 
:cobra-small: 3W F9

:cobra-small: 5W F9

:taylormade-small: P790 5i / 7i  LZ 6.5  

:taylormade-small: P7WC 8i / PW
:callaway-small: MD5 Jaws 50* 54* 58*                                             

:taylormade-small: FCG #7 

:srixon-small: Z Star #6

ninjacobra - right there with you. I'm always fighting my game and coming back for more. (though this week I think I'm due up for a two or three day break from the game so I can relax and get back on solid feet, this week's rounds ruined me)

Reading your threads and replies and problems (duffed drives) is like staring at myself in the mirror!

I hope one day we can really fix that driving problem!

this week i had 2 rounds.during the first round i hit 8 girs didnt miss that many fairways but i only made 1 putt out of all 18 holes 2 and 3 putted eveythg else u can imagine hw my scorecard looked like. i was gna kill myself out there when my playing partner was making pars and even an eagle. FML

Taylormade RBZ2 TP 9.5 Fuel 60

Ping i20 3 wood Aldila Nv

Adams Dhy 18*

Mizuno Mp59 4-p KBS Tour S

Vokey 50* 55* 60*

Scotty Cameron Select Newport 1.5

Ball - Z star XV

Oakley Stand Bag

Being a brand new spy I dont think I have done this before,so,,

McGolf Here, aka Jim McCleery

Own and operate McGolf Custom Clubs in Waverly

A previous PCS club maker of the year, now a top 100 golf digest club fiter (weather or not you believe in the kinda thing)

all around club nut,

If I can help let me know

Mcgolf

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg ACCRA tour Z GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - 33" 3 deg loft 70 lie, lrg slight line slightly toe hang

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.

Just found this thread. Sorry for not posting this here first. My name is Mark, 37 and live just north of Grand Rapids, Michigan. Came back to golf in the spring of 2010 after leaving the game for 11 years. Father of a four year old and two year old twins...so things are busy.

I was a pretty accomplished golfer before my "break". Played in college and was second team All-American. Still have a few guys my age out on the PGA Tour that I consider friends. After two years of trying to play the game for a living and essentially running out of funds. I made the decision to walk away and not pick up a club again until I could go out, play and not view it as a job. Thanks to my oldest who all he wants to do is golf...I found that and have really enjoyed playing. My game has suffered some from the long layoff. But looking forward to improving this summer.

I am a sales manager for a large printing company here in Grand Rapids. Enjoy the site and looking forward to contributing.

Welcome to MGS 'Wet Doggg' I am just west of you in Casnovia.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

My name is Jim. I am 31, am married and have 2 great children (a 4 year old girl and a 9 month old boy) and we live in a near north suburb of chicago. I am a sales rep for a sporting goods company.

I have been around the game since i was introduced to it by taking the golf merit badge at boy scout camp when i was 14 and have loved the game ever since.

I do not get to play much with all that i have going with work and family, but i love to get out and play and enjoy fresh air and good company and this forum also helps feel the void a little bit too.

I look forward to participating in this forum.

- Jim

What in my Ping Hoofer?

Taylor Made Burner (09) Driver

Taylor Made Burner (07) 3&5 woods

Ping Eye2+

Ping G2i Craz-E

welcome Jim!

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Welcome to the site Jim.

Just saw the intro area of MGS.

Kevin Colbert, 43 years old, live in Minnesota. Been golfing for 30+ years and in the golf business for 20+ years. Don't play as much as I used to because of family and other interests. Been married 13 years with twin daughters that will be 4 in January. They will start downhill skiing and speed skating this year & then golf next summer. Should be exciting trying to teach them how to play each sport!

Not certain if I introduced myself or not. My name is Rick; I've been playing golf since 1999 when my Doctors told me my knees were finished. At their urging they told me they knew where I could go. I told them being an x-hockey player there is always a seat at the bar available for us. :) They suggested I go and play golf where I would find others like myself who had bad backs, knee etc but still be able to fulfill their competitive urges. The real kicker in this little story is I grew up with our family being members at two courses and my Dad was after me and my three brothers to take up the game but we all thought golf was for sissies or old people. Now, we are all golf crazy and same with some of the kids in the family but Dad thinks golf is a waste of time now - no memberships unless we spend the money.

I retired at the age of fifty (six years ago this October) and I haven't played a lot of golf (or what I've been used to) as I am looking after my ailing Mom and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Work wise I used to own a mid level full service advertising agency and I do not miss that world at all. I still dabble in it a little if I can help out a friend or for charity, all as a courtesy. I was offered a very plum job in my city recently heading up a critical strategy (dirty tricks department more or less...) department for a public relations firm. Even though the offer was unbelievable... besides my situation with Mom (which no job could ever lure me to) I could not picture myself waking up, assembling the troops and then decide who or hopefully how many people or corporations, politicians etc we could get or set-up. Not a fun way to live!

My handicap = Winter!

brutal man, that's awesome that you're still able to golf. I'm hoping to watch my body carefully over the next 10 years and try and get as much out of it as I can before it starts giving out.

My knees are always sore but I guess that is the price for playing sports. The funny thing is in layman terms it is called the Bobby Orr (hockey player) syndrome. Basically they've been overused. Never thought they could be overused lol.

48 years old took up the game after having four discs removed from my spine and i use the golf as some fun physio down to eighteen , but boy i want to buy some clubs in america the new and used are so cheap compared to the uk , but shipping is to expensive