I’ve been combating injuries for a few years now. I don’t want to sound like Tiger, but it is taking a toll on me.

In my attempt to prolong my golfing “career” I’ve made a decision to try a different swing.

I’m not going full Bryson. More to come, but my preliminary attempts have been interesting.

• Like 5

1 lengths coming too?

No. Not yet, if at all.

It really is just a minor set up change so far.
  • Like 1

Let’s see the video!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Let’s see the video!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t want to shatter your viewing screens just get.

Baby steps my friend, baby steps.

Starting with some pitch shots. Taking it all to the range tomorrow. I am fully committed to converting. I’ve already alleviated some of my back pain, just from the simple change.

I think it lends itself nicely to match with my tendencies in my swing.
  • Like 2

Ok. You talked me into it.

How does it look?

• Like 5

What WAS your swing? Drop/lay-off the club on the downswing, big turn left?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

What WAS your swing? Drop/lay-off the club on the downswing, big turn left?

Shhh it.

• Like 4

Jokes aside. It was all arms and too steep. No turn. Block fest.

• Like 4

Jokes aside. It was all arms and too steep. No turn. Block fest.

We sound very similar!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2

We sound very similar!!!

Been reading about transitioning to a single plane slowly. This is step 1 of many.

So far so good.
  • Like 2

Been reading about transitioning to a single plane slowly. This is step 1 of many.

So far so good.

One plane was how my coach had been teaching me before he went to some radical deal. I was doing quite well with it until he changed everything.
Good luck! It’s a great foundation for consistency.

• Like 2

So far so good.

What teacher/information is your guide?

• Like 2

I did the single plane swing for 10 years.  It straightened out my slice, and I finally could play decent golf.  Last year I changed back to a two-plane swing because I was losing distance.  Although I could hit the ball straight, I wasn't hitting it as far as I thought I should.  Since I stopped the single plane swing, I have gained yards; not a lot, but at my age, not losing any more yards is a plus.  My swing is still a work in progress, but some of the single plane pieces are still there... and I still hit the ball reasonably straight.

Good luck!!

• Like 4

What teacher/information is your guide?

Really like the simplicity of Kirk Junge. Probably going to join his lifetime lesson thing.

Edit: Kirk Junge

• Like 1

I did the single plane swing for 10 years.  It straightened out my slice, and I finally could play decent golf.  Last year I changed back to a two-plane swing because I was losing distance.  Although I could hit the ball straight, I wasn't hitting it as far as I thought I should.  Since I stopped the single plane swing, I have gained yards; not a lot, but at my age, not losing any more yards is a plus.  My swing is still a work in progress, but some of the single plane pieces are still there... and I still hit the ball reasonably straight.
Good luck!!

I hear you. I am doing it for the opposite. My distance is gone almost overnight with my regular swing. Feels like I have to go 120% to get anything to happen.

I don’t have much turn in my swing due to lower back injury from years ago, and trying to rotate on that is making me feel like I shouldn’t be hitting shots at all recently.

This new swing I am working on allows more of a slide forward.
  • Like 1

As I posted in the Blueprint thread. This one plane, or whatever I am doing is really working for me.

2 large buckets today, working on the set up, and basics of my new swing.

My biggest issue is getting my alignment correct. As it stands the target has to be inline with my lead shoulder. I was used to having it aligned with my hands, being so far open.

More straight than anything really, they’d fall off either way a little, but mostly straight rockets. I did have a few get away from me and hit a big block fade, and a snap hook (with my 3 wood, something I hadn’t done in a few years). I actually didn’t mind seeing the snap hook.

But two big misses out of 2 buckets is something I’ll take every time I go.

Also finding it is super easy to flight the ball on various trajectories with this set up.

• Like 2

Looks good

What are you telling yourself during transition to keep from falling off your takeaway plane?

• Like 2

Looks good

What are you telling yourself during transition to keep from falling off your takeaway plane?

Nothing.

Got rid of all swing “thoughts”. They just get in the way. Step up, aim the face and pull the trigger.
  • Like 3

Nothing.

Got rid of all swing “thoughts”. They just get in the way. Step up, aim the face and pull the trigger.

That’s pretty awesome.
  • Like 2