Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

COVID-19

bens197

Let's say after all is said and done, social distancing remains a best practice, but maybe not an enforced rule. Will it be weird if I wear a mask when i go to the course? Looking for opinions.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

13 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

My wife was born and raised in the Philippines. Went we first started dating, she tried to get me to eat Balut. She brought it over one day and I put it in the fridge. I kept coming up with excuses day after day until I said the Balut must be bad and then threw it away. That was 10 years ago, still can't get myself to try it to this day.

Honestly it was actually good lol. But knowing and seeing it I will never have it again. 

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Let's say after all is said and done, social distancing remains a best practice, but maybe not an enforced rule. Will it be weird if I wear a mask when i go to the course? Looking for opinions.

Saw guys wearing masks this morning & course.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

4 hours ago, tommc23 said:

I have one roast left. I'm hoping to bag a wild Turkey so I have that for the freezer.

Wild Turkey should not be put in the freezer! It should be served neat at room temperature, or at most with one large cube of ice. 🙂

Moose, my cat, is Siamese

1 hour ago, dlow206 said:

If it means I can play golf again, I will wear a dress.  And a mask.    And believe me, that will be ugly.

4 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Kenny the dog walking minstrel? emoji51.png

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Nooooooo,

A.  Don't have a dog
B.  Not musically inclined
C.  Don't go on long walks unless I'm pushing my golf cart.  😄

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

50 minutes ago, alfriday101 said:

I see a marketing opportunity.  A Scotty Cameron mask anyone?  A Nike swoosh across the mouth?  A tiger mask?

Some of the companies that make golf headcovers have started making masks due to Covid. Rose and Fire is selling masks to consumers with designs. Its not that far off that your mask can match your headcover 😐

Updated 07/15/2022
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip

Wild Turkey should not be put in the freezer! It should be served neat at room temperature, or at most with one large cube of ice. 

Good point

Rick

Left Hand, 

34 minutes ago, Shankster said:

A well known small business owner in my hometown who happened to be my dads buddy passed away from this crap yesterday... emoji40.png

Very sad to hear that.  My condolences to your your dad, and I hope he is OK.

{knock on wood} I don't know anyone who is sick from the virus, let alone died from it.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 minute ago, Kenny B said:

Very sad to hear that.  My condolences to your your dad, and I hope he is OK.

{knock on wood} I don't know anyone who is sick from the virus, let alone died from it.  

A (also retired) colleague of mine, who still lives in Seattle, daughter tested positive a couple weeks ago.  He said she had a slight fever and felt run down for about 4 days.  No nausea, was able to eat though pretty much had no taste, and that, in her words described it as, "kind of like a cross between the flu and a cold". She is now fine and has been cleared by her doctor for return to work.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

A well known small business owner in my hometown who happened to be my dads buddy passed away from this crap yesterday...

Sorry to hear, hope Dad stays well.

Rick

Left Hand, 

I got this from another forum I frequent. It's an interesting read. Click EN for English.

https://swprs.org/a-swiss-doctor-on-covid-19/

Interesting read.

Rick

Left Hand, 

14 minutes ago, silver & black said:

I got this from another forum I frequent. It's an interesting read. Click EN for English.

https://swprs.org/a-swiss-doctor-on-covid-19/

Very interesting.  If you haven't done so already, go watch the Vice video with Edward Snowden and Shane Smith briefly mentioned in #20 on the list.  It can be found on Youtube.

19 hours ago, bens197 said:

... I have not missed a Bears game that I can remember since I moved to Chicago in 1978. My first wife was one of the Honey Bear cheerleaders so at that time I went to games free and attended all home games until it got oppressively cold. But since then, I have attended 3 games in 40 years, yet watched all of them on TV. I think for the vast majority of fans, this is true and even many diehard fans that wear Bears hats, t-shirts, sweatshirts, etc have never been to a game. So other than the enthusiasm and momentum of a home crowd that does add a degree of excitement and enjoyment, having no fans at games is a minor annoyance. Especially if it keeps them and their loved ones safe. For sure, those involved will suffer a loss from players to parents and friends. But for the vast majority I think bringing back golf, baseball, college and NFL football if only on TV with no attendance, will be a trade off most are willing to make. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

... I have not missed a Bears game that I can remember since I moved to Chicago in 1978. My first wife was one of the Honey Bear cheerleaders so at that time I went to games free and attended all home games until it got oppressively cold. But since then, I have attended 3 games in 40 years, yet watched all of them on TV. I think for the vast majority of fans, this is true and even many diehard fans that wear Bears hats, t-shirts, sweatshirts, etc have never been to a game. So other than the enthusiasm and momentum of a home crowd that does add a degree of excitement and enjoyment, having no fans at games is a minor annoyance. Especially if it keeps them and their loved ones safe. For sure, those involved will suffer a loss from players to parents and friends. But for the vast majority I think bringing back golf, baseball, college and NFL football if only on TV with no attendance, will be a trade off most are willing to make. 

Even if the world were to open up prior to August, I’d be super apprehensive to enter large crowds again. Perhaps that’s the new habit I’ll adopt but the idea of someone behind me possibly coughing, incidentally spitting or accidentally touching is a little too much for me right now. I’ll be happy when a vaccine is ready for distribution.
  • Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Haha...the cost of "large gatherings costing money" - sports, concerts - went way beyond my budget years ago so this is probably a blessing in disguise when my kid asks why we can't go see the Sox or Celts or Pats or Bruins, or some teeny-bopper concert.  🤣

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Haha...the cost of "large gatherings costing money" - sports, concerts - went way beyond my budget years ago so this is probably a blessing in disguise when my kid asks why we can't go see the Sox or Celts or Pats or Bruins, or some teeny-bopper concert.  🤣

My Gson turned 14 last week, his birthday present Tix to the Sox. My daughter bought them obviously B4 this mess.
His American Legion baseball Also on hold....

Rick

Left Hand, 

16 minutes ago, bens197 said:

Even if the world were to open up prior to August, I’d be super apprehensive to enter large crowds again. Perhaps that’s the new habit I’ll adopt but the idea of someone behind me possibly coughing, incidentally spitting or accidentally touching is a little too much for me right now. I’ll be happy when a vaccine is ready for distribution.

So, how effective does the vaccine have to be in order to feel better about going out in public?  The flu vaccine is about 50% effective on average each year, and we have no idea how effective a new vaccine will be on COVID-19.   Sure, it helps but whenever anyone coughs or sneezes around me, I cringe.  But I've done that for years.  Maybe we won't go completely back to the way things were a year ago, but I suspect that as businesses open up and people get back to their lives, they will forget about it like the other viruses of the recent past.  Maybe with more hand washing, if they continue, we will see a decease in the number of flu cases as well as COVID-19 cases next year.  Remember we had 34,000 deaths for the flu last year and 61,000 deaths 2 years ago in the U.S.

I'm not afraid of getting the virus, it's the treatment for it. Until that is ironed out I'll be wearing a mask and gloves....

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

4 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

So, how effective does the vaccine have to be in order to feel better about going out in public?  The flu vaccine is about 50% effective on average each year, and we have no idea how effective a new vaccine will be on COVID-19.   Sure, it helps but whenever anyone coughs or sneezes around me, I cringe.  But I've done that for years.  Maybe we won't go completely back to the way things were a year ago, but I suspect that as businesses open up and people get back to their lives, they will forget about it like the other viruses of the recent past.  Maybe with more hand washing, if they continue, we will see a decease in the number of flu cases as well as COVID-19 cases next year.  Remember we had 34,000 deaths for the flu last year and 61,000 deaths 2 years ago in the U.S.

We will see. 10, 20 or even 50% is better than 0%. 

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

My wife and I were talking about that the other day. In addition to avoiding large groups - don't think I'll ever shake hands with anyone again or give my lady friends a hug.

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

My wife and I were talking about that the other day. In addition to avoiding large groups - don't think I'll ever shake hands with anyone again or give my lady friends a hug.

Yep. We do our best to avoid big gatherings anyways. We were going to make an exception and go to Disney next year... I think that is going to be a hard sell now.

I was on the fence before because I don’t like dealing with inconsiderate people, and thousands of parents with their kids stressing them out is a breeding ground for that junk.

I was taught to give a solid handshake when greeting someone growing up...

But who wants to shake a sweaty, bacteria, virus, who knows what else hand?

2 hours ago, Kenny B said:

With the flu vaccine, I believe the effectiveness is measured on whether or not someone gets the flu after being vaccinated (a simple yes/no). However, from studies I have read, it sounds like there is evidence that even if someone gets the flu after being vaccinated, the severity tends to be less than if he/she did not receive the flu shot. So this may be the case with a Covid-19 vaccine. It may not be 100 percent effective, but if it is not, hopefully it helps reduce the severity of symptoms.

Updated 07/15/2022

44 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

I generally don't like large group events, but I do love attending NFL games and I am a season ticket holder. 

Updated 07/15/2022

3 hours ago, bens197 said:

Interesting you say this.  I too would be really hesitant to attend a sports event this year. My wife and I have never been keen on attending events with large amounts of people crammed into small space.  For years if we're walking through a store and see/hear someone sneeze, or hacking, we turn and head the other way.  I would not characterize us as "germaphobes", but rather that we have always been a bit on the cautious side of trying not to get sick.

It's going to be interesting to see if which and when the various sports attempt to return - and just as interesting how the public reacts.

47 minutes ago, Shankster said:

But who wants to shake a sweaty, bacteria, virus, who knows what else hand?

...the new normal?

image.png.2e33b53ee12879dd2311ec3e11f52131.png