Custom leather head covers

MattF

I'm on the hunt for a customer driver and wide blade putter cover. I've gotten one from @BestGrips.com before but he's now not answering my email inquiry or my voice message...maybe he doesn't want any money.

I've looked around and it seems to me that Sunfish is the next best one. Any suggestions?

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

20 minutes ago, MattF said:

I'm on the hunt for a customer driver and wide blade putter cover. I've gotten one from @BestGrips.com before but he's now not answering my email inquiry or my voice message...maybe he doesn't want any money.

I've looked around and it seems to me that Sunfish is the next best one. Any suggestions?

check out Etsy, you would be surprised of some of the covers on the site or the sellers and their options 

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

I've got a ridiculous Daphne Donkey on my driver and a really nice Seamus plaid wool cover on my fairway wood.

I don't care how expensive my putter may happen to be. 

My putters don't get covered.

The garment pocket of my odd putter bag has any putter covers that I may have while the putters experience the elements.

I've never had a putter that deserved that level of TLC.

As for leather covers, I had a set on wooden woods many years ago, those to match a real leather bag,

but they weren't that easy to pull on and off.  If you want to spend bucks, Belding will make them for you.

Google their website.

For wool tartans, try Seamus.

For knit with pom poms,, try Jan Craig.

For puppet types, there's Daphne.

But you probably know all this already.

Edited by BostonSal

Louisville Golf Persimmon___2, 4, 5, 7-woods;    Epon AF-906___driving iron;   Titleist T100 5, 6, 7, 8, 9-irons; 

Titleist T100S___48°;     Edison 2.0___53º;     Titleist SM-9 (T)___58º;   Tad Moore Otto Hackbarth___putter;   

Titleist Pro V1x___ball

The MGS article should give you some companies to investigate 

https://mygolfspy.com/guide-to-custom-headcovers/

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

22 hours ago, cnosil said:

The MGS article should give you some companies to investigate 

https://mygolfspy.com/guide-to-custom-headcovers/

Not much in there for custom leather ones. Dormie starts at $200 each for custom, Cayce doesn't do leather and Robert Mark doesn't do putter covers. All I've found so far is Sunfish, so I think I'll go with them, which is unfortunate, because I would have preferred Best Grips (Zach) to do them but it seems he doesn't want the business.

In the bag:
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

1 minute ago, MattF said:

Not much in there for custom leather ones. Dormie starts at $200 each for custom, Cayce doesn't do leather and Robert Mark doesn't do putter covers. All I've found so far is Sunfish, so I think I'll go with them, which is unfortunate, because I would have preferred Best Grips (Zach) to do them but it seems he doesn't want the business.

Rose and Fire does custom leather covers.  Mike, the owner runs a pretty great shop in my experience.  He should be able to take care of you. 

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

40 minutes ago, MattF said:

Did you read the comments?  People always pipe in with their you should have included X.    
I didn’t look at why they sold; I generally just go with the stock offerings as I have no personality. 😁

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Funnily enough, Zach got a hold of me last night and is doing mock ups today...we'll see how it goes.

In the bag:

Bag: 

• 1 year later...

Check out Rose and Fire.  They have some very nice ones.  I have three wood covers and a putter cover.  All different or you can get sets.  They run discounts and grab bag sales regularly.

Let us know what you think

Ken "Cruise" Mancini

A couple that I would highly recommend:

www.elliottgolf.com and www.linksandkings.com. 

Both are premium leather and that I have used.  Elliott Golf has made custom headcovers for me in the past and do custom work for the course where I play.  They cannot keep them in stock.  I currently have a USA headcover from Links and Kings and got mine thru the FJ rep in this area.  It is awesome.       

Driver - TSi3 10.75* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TR

Fairway - TSi2 14.25* - Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.1 

Fairway - TSR1 17.0* - Fujikura Vista Pro 65S

Hybrid - TSR1 19.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75  

Hybrid - TSR1 23.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75

Irons - T350 (2023) - 5-48W - True Temper AMT Red 95g-107g

Wedges - Vokey SM9 - 52.08F, 56.10S, 58.08M 

**  GolfPride MCC +4 Midsize Grips  (all woods/irons/wedges)

Putter - 2023 Scotty Cameron Super Select Squareback 2 35" 

**  Superstroke 1.0 Pistol Grip  

Golf Ball - TITLEIST - Prov1 (2023)                                                         

Golf Bags - TITLEIST  - Cart 14 (black), Mid Size Tour (black/white)

Golf Glove - FootJoy (StaSof), Shoes, Apparel and Outerwear        

Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE

3918C8E4-819E-415A-A054-B0936102F8E0.jpegCustom 1 of 1 from Rawhide Golf. Very reasonable pricing and quality work. May the Force be with You. 

Edited by VandalDO
Adding message

-Ping G430 SFT 10.5° w/ Mitsubishi Kai’Li White 60 S @ 45.25”

-Titleist TSi2 16.5° D4 + 2g w/ Graphite Design Tour AD F-65 @ 42” 

-Cobra F9 19° & 21° Hybrid w/ Fujikura ATMOS 7S 

-Mizuno JPX919 Hot Metal 5i, JPX919 Hot Metal Pro 6i-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour 105 S-Flex                       

-Mizuno JPX919 GW 50° (48°) w/ Nippon N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour 105 S-Flex

-Cleveland CBX2 Black Satin Wedge 54° w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Flex & Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore Black Satin Wedge 58° w/ Nippon N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour 115 Wedge Flex

-Odyssey 2-Ball Ten Tour Lined S w/ Super Stroke Traxion Pistol GT 1.0

-Snell MTB-X or Maxfli Tour CG

Eliott Bag Company

Can’t say enough about Scott Halter and his product. I’ve done almost a dozen headcovers now with him. He’s just great.

Just about any image that can be digitized he can do for you. Your choice of leather color and inside lining and well worth the $$ (about $80 on average.

If you use him, please tell you heard about him from the San Francisco guy that does the Grateful Dead stuff. He’d appreciate it. If you have any questions about my experiences, please feel free to DM. 

Some examples - 

IMG_3934.jpeg

IMG_4448.jpeg

Edited by Oudefart
Link mistake

Strange is just a different point of view

I Have used Delilahs covers

It was a blast deigning the cover and she does great work. The leather is super soft - I have been thrilled with these.

The putter cover is for a LAB Golf DF 2.1 - the cover she helped me design is WAY better than the LAB Golf cover - theirs hits the shaft and is hard to open and close - this one solved that issue and is easy to take of and put back on - I want to do another one and put a notch in the flap

I do not recall the final cost but it was not bad. $80ish  It takes a while to get in the queue and then back and forth with her, but you will be amazed at what you get when you are done.

rcAndyLaCombe.JPG.b4f442217966fc3900842ad3baa7b854.JPGfmcAndyLaCombe.JPG.d23635b99393eeb228c2cb9d4e733f1f.JPG

Besides the ones ment already check out Pins and Aces.  They have a variety of headcovers.

:Sub70:Driver : Sub70 839D

:Sub70:3 wood Sub 70 pro

:Sub70: Hybrid Sub 70 849 18*

:Sub70:Hybrid Sub 70 839 21*

:Sub70:Irons Sub 70 639 combo

:Sub70:Wedges Sub 70 659 approach 50*, 286 full face groove 54*

:seemore-small:Putter FGP

:titleist-small:Ball  Titleist AVX

Grips: Best Grips std leather