The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

Good Morning everyone!  Missed the last few days so trying to get caught up.  Played Fri-Sat-Sun; shot 78-80-78.  Now for a few days off to rest this old body.  Since I won't be playing this week, I'll be looking forward to all of your rounds, so make them memorable!!

The Tri-Cities Water Follies Columbia Cup was this weekend with the unlimited hydroplanes...

230730.WaterFollies.jpeg.b98bdf80a6fcdd35ffd12cb7f38e41c9.jpeg

It was breezy in the morning and I was wondering if they would run the boats; many have flipped over the years.  Jets made passes over the crowd between heats and made turns over our course which is just upriver a couple of miles.  I had to back off a 6 footer on #18 because of the noise... made the putt!

Hope you had earplugs

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Good morning spy's...

I am hopeful this quick note finds everyone focused on achieving their golf goals (just kidding, I hope everyone is doing the best they can lol) 

As some of you know I just returned from out provincial championships in Williams Lake B.C. what a great event.

Unfortunately I got off to a slow start with a 79 in the 1st round then fought back with a 73 and a 72. 

The process with "quota" spots for the National championship is each province gets quota spots, I think based basically on amount of people in each province, so BC has 24 spots. 

The BCGA gives out the top 17 spots and ties for automatic exemption then keeps some available for exceptions which makes sense to me. 

I finished 1 shot out of the top 17 and ties and have reached out to BCGA for an exemption so I will just wait and see what they say. Either way I should have played better so my National Championship appearance is in someone else's hands. 

This month I will continue to work on my game and try and stay sharpe. hope everyone has a great day... 

Just received this, thanks Golf Canada... looking forward to a great week in Pemberton, just outside Whistler B.C.

Hi Jim,

Congratulations, you have been accepted to play in the 2023 Canadian Men's Senior Championship, presented by BDO held September 4 - 8, 2023 at Big Sky Golf & Country Club in Pemberton, British Columbia. Golf Canada looks forward to hosting you.

Click here for the official championship fact sheet. 

Best of luck!

Sincerely,

Golf Canada

Edited by Jim Shaw

committed to performance excellence

1 hour ago, GolfSpy SAM said:

Morning, kids 😜

Enjoying a few (rare) minutes of silence this morning while the kids sleeping and the wife showers. Always nice to catch up on this thread after some (unintentional) time away. 

We leave tonight for a week back to the East Coast with family, so no golf until I'm back, but I'm finding myself laughing more and more about my Friday round, where I couldn't escape the fairway bunker. Would've been another round in the 80's had that nightmare not occurred, so I'm trying not to get too hung up on it - plus, it was literally like a scene in a movie. (Vern Lundquist narrating very quietly: "He's got a 4 stroke lead, all he needs to do is splash this out and get in for bog-wait, no, it looks like he's going to attempt to reach the green. He swings... And the ball ends up behind him. Yeah, that's what we were worried about. But he's learned his less--scratch that, he's doubling down. He swings - oh no. Oh no! It's embedded in the lip - he'll never find that ball."

Lol - the only saving grace is that my playing partner got a flyer from the rough and hit it OB, so I only gave up two strokes on the hole, lol. 

Live and learn. Hope your day brings some smiles and more coffee 😉

image.gif.7b8c8f26033483c545ab14a268701a9d.gif

#GoBallsOutAlways #GoRickieGo

Driver:      :Sub70:849 Pro-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0-NO1 50 Series Grip
Fairway:   :Sub70:949X-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0 (1/2 inch short)-NO1 50 Series Grip
Driving Irons:     :Sub70:699 Pro 2-:truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips

Irons:     Custom:Sub70: 639 CB 5-Pw :truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips   
Wedges:   WedgeFx 52,56,60-:truetemper: DG S400Shafts-NO1 50 Series Grips 
Putter:      :Sub70: Sycamore 007-NO1 P90 Pistol Grip
Ball:           :odin:X1

Bag:     Side Street- Back9 Backpack Bag

Link to my Bag Boy ZTF Review!

52 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Still morning here so a hello to the east coast too. Finally got to play yesterday after a 15 day lay off due to intense heat and 5 days of work (Yea!) A little worried about being rusty after the longest layoff in 4 years but started birdie-birdie and then added two more and one bogie to shoot -3 on the front. What little wind we had died on the back 9 and running into a couple 4somes it was uncomfortable at 113* and mid 20's humidity (high for Phoenix) so only managed all pars with another bogie on the back. 

... Shot(s) of the day from my playing pard that didn't break 100. On a 551 yd par 5 he hit his tee shot thin but it rolled forever and he was only about 20yds behind my drive. He then hit a 3 wood even thinner and it rolled quite a ways leaving him a 5 iron to the green. This time he basically bladed his shot and like a 160yd putt it rolled down the fairway, up the slope in front of the green and headed right for the flag, hit it dead square bouncing back about 2 inches. It would have been his very first eagle and he didn't hit one good shot! Ya gotta love this game! 

Now that is a great hole! 😂 Great memory for a birdie.

I’ve always been told that it doesn’t matter how you get there, as long as you get there. 

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° & 58° w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black Official Tester Review

:BagBoy: Nitron push cart Unofficial review  

On 7/29/2023 at 2:32 PM, chisag said:

*** Snake Bite 50* and 58* Wedge Auction ***

I got the OK from the Mods (thanks Bryan) and I will be posting this in several threads. Up for auction are the two Snake Bite wedges I used in the Cobra Challenge. I am auctioning them to MGS members and all the proceeds will go to Feeding America. I will also match the final auction price with an equal donation!

Let's start the Auction off at the retail price of $159 for one wedge without the Recoil upcharge ... but this auction includes BOTH wedges. 

... After not receiving another bid, and I didn't expect one after Dougs amazingly generous offer of $280! I am closing the bidding and sending the wedges to @funkyjudge! As promised I am matching his donation bringing the total to $560 and since Doug was so generous I will increase it to a $600 donation for Feeding America.  Doug I was hoping to get to $200 but you went well above that! You are Da Man and I can't thank you enough for your donation and I sincerely hope you enjoy these Snake Bite wedges!!

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:   :taylormade-small:   Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'Li Blue 70r
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        G430 Hybrid 22*... Alta Hy70r 
Irons:       :taylormade-small:    P770 5-pw ... Steelfiber i80r
                  :taylormade-small:    TP UDi 4 ... Steelfiber i80r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small:     MG3 46*/50*/54* MG4 58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :EVNROLL:     Custom 5.1 (no alignment)  33" 
Ball:          :taylormade-small:     '24 TP5x/Maxfli Tour X 

4 minutes ago, chisag said:

... After not receiving another bid, and I didn't expect one after Dougs amazingly generous offer of $280! I am closing the bidding and sending the wedges to @funkyjudge! As promised I am matching his donation bringing the total to $560 and since Doug was so generous I will increase it to a $600 donation for Feeding America.  Doug I was hoping to get to $200 but you went well above that! You are Da Man and I can't thank you enough for your donation and I sincerely hope you enjoy these Snake Bite wedges!!

This is great and an awesome gesture, expect nothing less from you @chisag. Enjoy the wedges @funkyjudge

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

14 minutes ago, chisag said:

Great job!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

The wife/person is sending me at O’Dark Thirty, Tuesday morning, to a new Medico that she found that is supposedly predisposed to putting ancient aged husbands “ down “😳🥴
 If I survive that tinkering and mucking about with my insides, then it is off to Cryotherapy. All this to prepare for 100 plus degree temperature during another sterling soap-opera type episode of the Tuesday Night Drink and Drive Scramble that starts at 3:00PM.
  It is hard, so hard, so hugely hard to be an ancient aged juvenile delinquent… But I continue to give it my best shot. May your Tuesday be like a Friday Happy Hour, my spies.

11 hours ago, chisag said:

... Still morning here so a hello to the east coast too. Finally got to play yesterday after a 15 day lay off due to intense heat and 5 days of work (Yea!) A little worried about being rusty after the longest layoff in 4 years but started birdie-birdie and then added two more and one bogie to shoot -3 on the front. What little wind we had died on the back 9 and running into a couple 4somes it was uncomfortable at 113* and mid 20's humidity (high for Phoenix) so only managed all pars with another bogie on the back. 

... Shot(s) of the day from my playing pard that didn't break 100. On a 551 yd par 5 he hit his tee shot thin but it rolled forever and he was only about 20yds behind my drive. He then hit a 3 wood even thinner and it rolled quite a ways leaving him a 5 iron to the green. This time he basically bladed his shot and like a 160yd putt it rolled down the fairway, up the slope in front of the green and headed right for the flag, hit it dead square bouncing back about 2 inches. It would have been his very first eagle and he didn't hit one good shot! Ya gotta love this game! 

Always good to make your miss thin and on line

committed to performance excellence

Fingers crossed for ya @Kenny B🤞

Driver : :callaway-small:GBB Epic, 10.5° loft, autoFlex Dream7, SF405x flex (44.75")
3-Wood: :callaway-small:Rogue ST LS, 15° loft, MCA TENSEI AV Blue 65g, Reg flex (42.25", tipped 0.5")
3-Hybrid: :srixon-small: Z H85, 19° loft, :projectx: HZRDUS Black 85g, 5.5 flex
Irons: :titleist-small: T350 5i & T200 6i-GW, 23°-48° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Stiff flex (+0.5”, 1° upright)
Wedges: :Sub70: JB Forged Raw 54° & 58° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Reg flex (+0.5/0.25", 0.5° upright)
Putter: :ping-small: DS72 C, 35”, PP60 grip