The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

4 hours ago, loius0044 said:

It’s way faster than the BMWs, super nimble, and looks amazing! But I might be a bit biased since I have one myself

First off welcome to this corner of the world. Good Folks here and we talk about a variety of things here and most any subject is welcome as long as it does not violate the forum rules.

Yes those Busas (as we call them here) are not only fast but nimble. Actually one of my buds who is a motorcycle officer on the County Police has a personal Busa. He can flat ride anything on 2 wheels. Saw him take that Busa through an obstacle course on an exhibition in record time. He used to Motorcross and oval track race. For me those things even in my uninjured 40s were too quick and fast for me. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Speeder 565 R flex- - 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R---- Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex steel shafts--- SW -- Cleveland 588 56* S-400 Sensicore --- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter 1997 Scotty Cameron Santa Fe Fluted Bulls Eye shaft--- Bag TM Flex Lite Stand---- Yeah I know only 11 clubs 

G

7 hours ago, Hickory4ever said:

Good morning from cool Southwestern Ontario. Fall has definitely arrived and it is a chilly morning. Fortunately, it will warm up to 15 C in the afternoon (low 60’s F).

The Golf Historical Society of Canada is assisting the City of Toronto in celebrating the 50th anniversary of Scarlett Woods municipal GC. Hopefully the traffic will be reasonable getting into Toronto. 

I will playing a 1970’s bag of Wilson Staff irons, Powerbilt Citation woods and trusty Bullseye putter. It will be a lot of fun.

I am set up for my Sunday vintage play. I have a Mac Keyhole Driver and 4 wood, the trusty Power Bilt 7 wood. I also threw in my beloved Penna Jupiter Slugger. The Slugger is a later one and has a factory graphite shaft in it. I plan on playing my 55 Hogan Precision Irons which lately I have became very fond of. Since that set did not have an Equalizer I have a K Grind 51* wedge and a K Grind 55* SW. I am leaning towards my flanged Bulls Eye. Had a stellar round about a month ago in the league with that thing putting on slick bent greens. I love the Slugger but for me it is more like cheating (in my mind anyhow) since it has a Graphite shaft. But WTH? it is my round and my rules

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Speeder 565 R flex- - 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R---- Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex steel shafts--- SW -- Cleveland 588 56* S-400 Sensicore --- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter 1997 Scotty Cameron Santa Fe Fluted Bulls Eye shaft--- Bag TM Flex Lite Stand---- Yeah I know only 11 clubs 

G

7 hours ago, Shankopotomous said:

I love the choice of clubs!!  I listed the Powerbuilt Citation as a favorite in the recent favorite driver thread.  And Staff Dynapowers are rhe irons in my vintage bag along with a bullseye wide flange or ping original anser depending on my mood.

I did not post in that thread. My all time GOAT driver was a little blonde Power Bilt. I got it in the early 80s. LOL bought it at another course than the one the old man ran. I was looking at it and it looked and sat right and had perfect grain. I bought it on the spot never hit it and had a Master Clubmaker named Harold Dale put my normal pressed fiber insert in it. Used it until like 96 or so. It had cracked 2 times previously. My friend and also a master club maker Don Grigg in Corneilius NC put it back together twice and told me the last time it cracked would be fatal. It of course cracked and trust me I cried. 3 days later the little Spalding Top Flite (1964 vintage) 4 1/2 wood cracked. That was extremely hard since I had carried that since High school. In all the years since I have not found a metal or persimmon driver that I loved as much as I did the little blonde PB. I did end up with a Penna Custom with a HM-55 graphite I played until about 02 or so. I was the last man standing on the SE Mini Tours playing Persimmon. I still play Persimmon on my Sunday rounds with the vintage stuff I told @Hickory4ever about in the previous post. With me and vintage I can switch around quite a bit since I have so much vintage stuff. Look at my signature It is a mix of vintage irons and in most eyes vintage Metal Woods.

As far as vintage putters I switch around a lot since I have around 100 vintage putters. But the GOAT there is between the flanged Bullseye and a Hickory shafted Calamity Jane Otey Chrisman. I play my Hickory shafted stuff on the Par3 including the Otey on Saturdays with my wife. If I get tired of the league I will go back to playing all vintage.

G

5 hours ago, Shifty said:

Ripper looking through the window behind my desk at a customer he definitely does not like.  😆  Lots of people come and sit in my office, but there was something about this guy that drove Rip nuts.  

I know I should clean the window, but Rip and Beth constantly paw at the window to get my attention.  So it stays clean for like a day every time you clean it.

20241009_085714.jpg.2702df59d7eb7dd228fa6fcfee8582a0.jpg

Dogs are smart and they know who to like and who not to like. I would say be careful with that customer. BTW I guess I am ok because I have never seen a dog who did not like me and I have never seen a Dog I did not like no matter the breed

G

It is up in the air whether I will make the CC tonight or not. I think we are going to the Moose for Thursday Rib Night. My wife is all for it. In fact she is hollering for me to get ready so to the Moose we go.

G