Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

MGS's Steel vs. Graphite Shafts Debate

fixyurdivot

I just received the email from HQ with the YT link to Adams discussion on the steel vs. graphite shaft debate.  When I try to open it says video unavailable.  Anyone been able to view this?  Has the debate been settled?

image.png.00fd6033a1d9dab59413d5ced191627f.png

Well, I didn't see the subsequent email saying, in effect, we're not ready to settle the debate 🤣.

image.png.f276f0f1d77384aeac2a8720648b39b7.png

Okay, maybe this is a marketing ploy to get the juices flowing?  If so, it worked... I WANT TO KNOW THE ANSWER!!

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

I got both emails too. 

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

My guess is that the email isn't supposed to go out until tomorrow or soon thereafter.   As a result they just made the video not accessible.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

image.png.3272ab08806a05afe46a4c1e630ac9ce.png

This steel vs. composite in iron shafts is of particular interest to me.  It seems most feel that the vast majority of amateur players will not see a loss in distance or accuracy, and the delineation point being players with pro level average swing speeds.  I'm guessing this is at least one point that will be raised in this analysis... but perhaps not?  What are your guesses as to what will be revealed?

43 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

This steel vs. composite in iron shafts is of particular interest to me.  It seems most feel that the vast majority of amateur players will not see a loss in distance or accuracy, and the delineation point being players with pro level average swing speeds.  I'm guessing this is at least one point that will be raised in this analysis... but perhaps not?  What are your guesses as to what will be revealed?

My guess is that the video will indicate that graphite is better at all speeds, they are more versatile, and players can get better control from them.  

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I saw the video.  Seemed like a MGS sales pitch for Fujikura.  The shafts are quite expensive but will probably be great for players with higher swing speeds; dispersion similar to steel, so no flyers typical of OEM graphite shafts.  I doubt that lower swings speeds will notice much difference.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

I saw the video.  Seemed like a MGS sales pitch for Fujikura.  The shafts are quite expensive but will probably be great for players with higher swing speeds; dispersion similar to steel, so no flyers typical of OEM graphite shafts.  I doubt that lower swings speeds will notice much difference.

So you're saying "Bill, given what I've seen of your golf game prowess, it wouldn't matter if your used steel, graphite, or hickory" 😆

Also, where are you guys seeing the video?  Are you using the link provided in the Bennett Golf email, or??

I for one am very curious about graphite as an option.

Especially the Axiom. 

Not able to justify the price, but do think graphite has come a long way.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

9 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Also, where are you guys seeing the video?  Are you using the link provided in the Bennett Golf email, or??

apparently, the video was accessible for a period of time. After the mistake was found, the video was disabled; some of us have to wait. 

I am curious about this too.  As more and more mid and heavy weight graphite irons shafts become available I've been meaning to try them out.  I didn't catch the video on its pre-release like some of you did, so I'll have to wait... but really I think we all know it will come down to you and your fitting.  I have no doubt that down the road as technology changes graphite will become more and more common among elite players.

Next time I go get fit for irons I'll be seeing if there are any graphite options that may fit me, but I do love the Modus 120x feel.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

6 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I for one am very curious about graphite as an option.

Especially the Axiom. 

Accra ICWT's were the best I tested during my TrueSpec fitting.  It was a toss-up between the Recoils and MMT's, but the Accra stood alone; particularly dispersion.  They were a pretty hefty price increase and, as dumb as it sounds, I disliked the excessive, blingy logo/labeling.  For even more $$$ color and labeling could be customized.

During my recent demo days testing of the Cobra ForgeTec X with KBS shafts, I asked the fitter his thoughts between the MMT's and KBS.  He said KBS are better, more consistent from a quality controlled standpoint. I found that interesting since the TrueSpec fitter said the same exact thing when I asked about the MMT vs. Recoils 😆.

3 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

I am curious about this too.  As more and more mid and heavy weight graphite irons shafts become available I've been meaning to try them out.  I didn't catch the video on its pre-release like some of you did, so I'll have to wait... but really I think we all know it will come down to you and your fitting.  I have no doubt that down the road as technology changes graphite will become more and more common among elite players.

Next time I go get fit for irons I'll be seeing if there are any graphite options that may fit me, but I do love the Modus 120x feel.

Make sure to try the Rebar's Bryan.  They now offer them in patina finish as well 😉

image.png.c85452c460258e1d9dcf274d7bb232e7.png

12 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Make sure to try the Rebar's Bryan.  They now offer them in patina finish as well 😉

image.png.c85452c460258e1d9dcf274d7bb232e7.png

you've got me confused with @Chip Strokes.  I use the Modus 120 because I have feelings... errr because I like feel in my shaft... 

I am a sucker for a nice patina finish though. 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

I'm a huge Steelfiber fan because not only did I pick up yards and spin, but my golfer's elbow went away almost immediately after I made the switch.  In my experience they are a little harder to work with from a fitting/club-building perspective, but overall they're a superior shaft (at least for me).

I'm as curious about this new Fuji offering as the rest of you...

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

41 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

I'm a huge Steelfiber fan because not only did I pick up yards and spin, but my golfer's elbow went away almost immediately after I made the switch.  In my experience they are a little harder to work with from a fitting/club-building perspective, but overall they're a superior shaft (at least for me).

I'm as curious about this new Fuji offering as the rest of you...

Steelfiber didn't work for me but I must say that from a product name standpoint, competing in a steel dominant market... pure genius! 👏

9 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

... Graphite iron shafts surpassed steel long ago. Too many older players have an opinion based on the original OEM graphite iron shafts that were light with very high torque designed for slower swing speeds that needed more height. But once Aldila released the original Tour NV as an alternative to Dynamic Gold with the same 130gm weight but even less torque at 1.5*  the barn door was wide open. While steel obviously gets the job done their price has risen and the difference between the top steel shafts and graphite isn't that much and in some cases steel is more expensive. The best ball strikers in the world on the LPGA predominantly play Steelfiber shafts including Nelly Korda, JY Ko, Lydia Ko and hard hitting A Jutanugarn. They obviously get their shafts for free and I doubt many will be switching to Axiom so it will be interesting to see what the players that more resemble most better Ams swing play in their irons. This is where I think the Axiom might hurt the iron market as some will assume the $125 price tag is indicative of graphite iron shaft prices.

... I think the best way to view graphite iron shafts is compare them to driver shafts. There is only so much you can do with a steel driver shaft which is why they have been completely replaced. Graphite can vary any parameter like weight, flex point, tip stiffness, torque and over all feel. OEMs can change one parameter or several so the ability to build a shaft that fits a particular player is limitless and much more accurate than steel. When a super tech nerd like Dechambeau chooses graphite for his irons you know there is a technical superiority. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

3 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Accra ICWT's were the best I tested during my TrueSpec fitting.  It was a toss-up between the Recoils and MMT's, but the Accra stood alone; particularly dispersion.  They were a pretty hefty price increase and, as dumb as it sounds, I disliked the excessive, blingy logo/labeling.  For even more $$$ color and labeling could be customized.

During my recent demo days testing of the Cobra ForgeTec X with KBS shafts, I asked the fitter his thoughts between the MMT's and KBS.  He said KBS are better, more consistent from a quality controlled standpoint. I found that interesting since the TrueSpec fitter said the same exact thing when I asked about the MMT vs. Recoils 😆.

As an independent clubfitter with more than 30 years experience (including more than 300 to 400 iron sets fitted and built using most brands of graphite iron shafts), I concur with those comments that you received from those fitters. Although the Mitsubishi MMT shafts are by no means “bad” shafts, I have found that the elevated cost nowhere near matches the performance and consistency that they provide.  In addition, the torque numbers on the MMT shafts is quite high, even in the heavier weights. This can be particularly problematic for harder swinging golfers.

Over the last 5 years, I have found that the KBS TGI (Tour Graphite Iron) shafts are far-and-away the most consistent graphite iron shafts that I have worked with. This applies to weights ranging from 70 grams to 100+ grams. KBS’s higher-torque Player’s Graphite (PGI) iron shafts are also extremely good, and a relative bargain. 

After the KBS TGI shafts, my next choice would probably be the ACCRA ICWT graphite iron shafts, although the cost is up there in the same range as the MMT iron shafts.

I can’t wait for the new Fujikura AXIOM graphite iron shafts with VeloCore to hit the market in the next week or two, but those shafts will be very expensive ($105 to $125 per shaft retail, depending on weight).

Edited by funkyjudge

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - Callaway Paradym 3HL, Newton Motion Fairway shaft, 4-Dot

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Sub 70 849, ProForce Black 80-S

Irons - Callaway Paradym, HZRDUS Silver Gen 4, S-flex

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - (currently in flux, but usually an Evnroll 8V

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023)

Bags - Ghost Golf Maverick Black Ops

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

As an older player (73) whose body has been reconfigured quite a bit over the last 10/12 years (both hips, quad heart, hernia, back fusion) I switched to graphite years ago.  I find that they feel better (for me) at impact and I can't say I notice any diffence in control, but I swing much slower now so I can't say how this relates to someone swinging at over 100 (heck, even over 90 for that matter -- I'm mid 80's).  If prices continue to come down for good quality shafts I can't see why graphite won't become as widely used as steel.  As someone noted earlier, I think one of the issues graphite faces is a poor reputation based on many years ago.  I find you can get a pretty good graphite irons shaft now for $15 per shaft, still more than some steel, but only about half as much as some of the higher end steel shafts.  For those who have lost club head speed or have physical isues (for ex. arthritis in hands or elbow) graphite can be quite helpful.

Another ol frt here.  4 yrs ago I finally went for a fitting, in Carlsbad, CA, just yards away from HQ of Callaway, Titleist, etc.  I assume the Carlsbad Golf Center is run by xlnt people.  I have elbow issues too, I can hit steel shafts in wedges, but, as I've said before I LOVE the Recoil Smac Wrap ES 780 in F3 flex on Ping I 500 6 iron thru W that Dan fiited me.  I also like Recoils in Mizu 5 "rescue" style hybrid and Mizu 3 hybrid drivng iron (MP 18 MMC).  When doing these fittings, the recoils worked better than ohter brand graphite he put in my hands.  I just got a used Steelfiber wedge on a PXG that felt even better in short swings, have not gone outside yet to hit it, it was a "lucky" find used for way too much money but what the hey.

If I have a good few months in the stock market, I will take a whoosh as ACCRA and Steelfiber shafts.  After the floods.  Apres nous le deluge.  I doubt the new Fuji iron shafts are for me, I don't swing hard enough to twist the tips on my iron swings.  Unless I hit a rock or a croc.

Drv: PXG 0211, Evnflo Riptide CB Senior, Callaway 454 TI (2004) 10 and an 11, regular flex.

3W: Callaway Steelhead Xr  Tensei Blue CK 55 gram senior. TM Burner Superfast 3.0 M flex.

5W : Titleist TSi 1 on Aldila Ascent 40 regular flex.

Driving Iron: Mizuno MP 18 MMC 3 18 degree, on Mamiya Recoil reg flex.

4 iron:  forged Mizuno Fly-Hi, 24 degree hollow body.

6 - PW: Ping I 500, on Recoil reg flex.

Gap: 52/9 GFF Mizuno S5, Lob: 60/6 GFF Mizuno T7.

Sand: Ancien Regime 56/12 Hogan Sure Out, Apex shaft. Heavy sole.

Chipper:  Ancien Regime Don Martin "Up n In" bronze or copper. 🙂

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab "R" Ball, face balanced, 2 piece, multi material shaft.🙃

Rbehw=&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

I'm a big advocate of using both. I've had ping g25 irons in graphite and I can game them 5-9i. But I absolutely need PW and higher lofts with a steel shift. When I swing a wedge with a graphite shaft I lose all feel for my short game. When I started testing hybrid clubs with different shafts I found the aerotech steelfiber and have them in a 20° and 25° where I transition to mid-high launch steel shafts at 6i.

I've always had graphite shafted driver for as long as I can remember and was once a big devotee to Adam's tight lies with graphite for rescue clubs above my 3i-9i CG ta3 with steel pistol shafts I learned to play with so I guess I'm accustomed to having a transition to steel somewhere in that 150-160 yard range. As I've gotten older and better at striking the ball I've made sets the same way without really thinking about it. My 6i now flies like my 3i back then so it plays like a driving iron and the tight lies rescue has been replaced by some nice hybrids I can control from 160-190 yards now that I'm hitting more fairways, and also use as a rescue off a tree root every now and then.

Finding a way to turn birdies into bogeys since 1992. #TeamChunks

'23 Forum Tester: image.png.9f90721cd28bc7b0a9c9a7080e1e9365.png Elixir Golf Ball

WITB:image.png.3fd681db3510b6ca5b9cd8746bbb1447.pngTS2 10.5° @ 11.25° Screenshot_20230525_003120_Chrome2.jpg.453ea23fc579d3ff5d81168fdd3d1632.jpgTensei blue AV 55 R graph•917f2 15° @ 16.5° Screenshot_20230525_003120_Chrome2.jpg.453ea23fc579d3ff5d81168fdd3d1632.jpgDiamana blue x5ct dialed 70 R graph•image.png.34e4547e173a54172ff78e7545cfce3c.pngStealth 22° image.png.3e3fd052b67b6f62d3666b666d7109fe.png Ventus red 6 (non-velo) R graph• image.png.8fb479c452fc063454e923dea514c13d.png699u 2i 17° image.png.9a4846088e26973fb7fe5624bddbdc81.png tgi 70 R graph•24° image.png.d2eb192c22d125fefbd3607df7e0b327.png Tour v 90 black pvd R steel•699 6i-PW image.png.9a4846088e26973fb7fe5624bddbdc81.png Tour 110 black pvd R steel• image.png.eca9fa52c016ce4745893f387fef46df.pngSM8 50°/08° @ 52°/10° SM8 stock steel• image.png.3a7bdc80b43a23d4e08c16f2f319cc28.pngJaws Full Toe 56°/12° Screenshot_20230525_002154_Google2.jpg.c2d23d7abfb8451e510d254517410b64.jpgDG Spinner TI steel •image.png.98634e318580c192c5682c5d7f2a763a.png c series DW 2.0 slant neck stock steel•image.png.13e1aa1ef13bc0a92bb27f2e4df082a9.pngPhantom 2 gps•Tour v3 rangefinder•image.png.9f90721cd28bc7b0a9c9a7080e1e9365.pngElixir golf ball•

• 3 weeks later...

I prefer graphite shafts over steel shafts because they provide more control, increased accuracy and better distance. Graphite shafts also help to reduce vibration on impact which is beneficial to my game. They are lighter than steel shafts making them easier to swing and they are also more forgiving when it comes to mis-hits. Overall, graphite shafts just feel better for me personally and that's why I choose them over steel! However, you should base your decision on what feels best for your game and what helps you perform at your peak.

Edited by Luke James

image (1).png

I went to graphite last year when tendonitis wouldn't go away.  I love the feel of steel but had to change.  The only two graphite shafts I was able to try were the KBS TGI 80 and Project X Catalyst. 

The KBS just didn't feel right to me unless I went all out with a max effort swing.  The Catalyst 80g 6.0 is right on the money even with an aggressive transition.  The lighter weight (60g) Catalyst were like a different shaft, I'd have to really swing with a smooth tempo to get them to work and I have a hard time with a smooth tempo so they weren't the shaft for me. 

Night and day difference between the same shaft (maybe only the same in name only?) but I'm glad I gave the 80g Catalyst a chance.  Too bad they stopped making them.  I picked a couple of shafts up in a closeout sale just in case I need one sometime in the future.  I wonder if the Aerotech purchase by Trutemper had something to do with it?

This looks interesting https://www.truetempersports.com/en-us/golf/vrtx-graphite-iron-shaft.html#  It appears to be a new post steelfiber acquisition shaft using steelfiber technology.  It's listed as being only for club fitters and that there is no designated flex. 

Tour Edge Exotics

Cleveland

Odyssey

• 1 month later...
On 2/26/2023 at 4:12 PM, fixyurdivot said:

I just received the email from HQ with the YT link to Adams discussion on the steel vs. graphite shaft debate.  When I try to open it says video unavailable.  Anyone been able to view this?  Has the debate been settled?

image.png.00fd6033a1d9dab59413d5ced191627f.png

Well, I didn't see the subsequent email saying, in effect, we're not ready to settle the debate 🤣.

image.png.f276f0f1d77384aeac2a8720648b39b7.png

Okay, maybe this is a marketing ploy to get the juices flowing?  If so, it worked... I WANT TO KNOW THE ANSWER!!

Bump.  Any one close to MGS's neural-center have any inside information on when this question/study/evaluation will become available? Has HQ decided this was a bad idea and abandoned the whole thing?  How about an update in the next NPG Podcast?  It's been over 2 months and...

raw

I sent Adam and and Tony an email yesterday inquiring about status.

Out of curiosity, has anyone hit the dynamic gold 105 x100 that can compare it to the mmt 105 tx?  I know theres a 7 gram difference in raw weights, but I'm curious if performance is similar between the two?  I am interested in making the change to graphite for my new set of p770's and I've heard good things from a friend who has the mmt 95 stiffs in his p790's.  I'm left handed to even hitting his to get somewhat of an idea isn't an option.

D=Stealth 2 - Accra TZ RPG Tour M4+ 462 (D7)
FW = Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Triple Diamond - Tensei AV White 75 Tour X(D5)
Ping iCrossover 3 iron - Hzrdus Red RDX 6.5(D5)
4-5 =Titleist T100 - Modus 120X - 2 Deg. Flat (D6)
6-P =Titleist 620CB - Modus 120x - 2 Deg. Flat, 1 Deg. Strong (D6)
50/54 =Callaway Jaws Raw - Modus 120X 2 Deg. Flat (D6, D7)
58= Callaway Jaws Raw Full Toe - Modus 120x - 2 Deg. Flat (D7)
Putter - Taylormade Spider Ghost (2024) 
Ball - Titleist ProV1X Left Dash
Bag - Vessel Players 3 Carbon Navy

23 minutes ago, jbsap said:

Out of curiosity, has anyone hit the dynamic gold 105 x100 that can compare it to the mmt 105 tx?  I know theres a 7 gram difference in raw weights, but I'm curious if performance is similar between the two?  I am interested in making the change to graphite for my new set of p770's and I've heard good things from a friend who has the mmt 95 stiffs in his p790's.  I'm left handed to even hitting his to get somewhat of an idea isn't an option.

When it comes to shafts performance is going to vary golfer to golfer based on how the weight and balance of the shaft are and how sensitive one is to these changes. It’s also about the shaft profile. 7grams isn’t a lot but it could be enough for one person to have the feel thrown off and it affect their swing.

The design of the two shafts are different and unfortunately the only way to tell if they will work for you or not is to test them. That may mean going to a demo day and hitting them, do a fitting or a blind buy.

The other downside for you here is the number of members on this site that have x100 or played them is going to be extremely low, my guess is you could count them on one hand.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

• 1 month later...

Almost 4 months later, I'm beginning to think this report is never going to happen.  It's Kaput.  Anyone have any status... anyone? 🤷‍♂️

cuaO9bLMIuVGL5mkboZS98OnO8g547PHMs9PeY=

41 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Almost 4 months later, I'm beginning to think this report is never going to happen.  It's Kaput.  Anyone have any status... anyone? 🤷‍♂️

I've asked,   I think you should forget about it. 

Just now, cnosil said:

I've asked,   I think you should forget about it. 

Me too.  Out of curiosity, what was the response?  It's a great topic and one that I think lots of us have questions about and would like to see some test data on.