Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What is your golf pet peeve?

TSauer

I have a few the slow play thing is real.

I hate when someone stands behind me where I can see them in my peripheral vision.  I don't like when people go up by the green before I get to hit and distract my eye from the target, I waited for you to hit you can wait for me it's not my fault I out drove you. 

Course peeves:  Sand needs to be in the bunkers and raked. 

I hate designs that you can land in the fairway and bounce hard right or left into the water because of the fairways slope that you can't perceive from 250 yards away.  I should be rough if it slopes that hard.

Really you better be a really good golfer if you scream and cuss after bad shots.  What do you expect really.  

Driver: Titleist TSR 3 10* Accura TZ6 M3 65g

Fairways: Callaway Rogue 15* & 19* Matrix Ozik TP 6 HD stiff 

Hybrid: Titleist TSI 4 & 5 Hybrids Mitsubishi Tensi AV 65 HY X stiff   

Irons:  KZG Forged III 6-P Accura iS7 (Refinished and regrooved)

Wedges: Cleveland CBX  50*, Taylormade MG 3 Tiger grind 56 bent to 54/10 & Taylormade MG 4 Tiger grind 56 bent to 58/14

Putter: Positive Putter's Custom P2 (think Edel putter meets Heavy Putter)

Ball: Callaway Chome Tour                        

All clubs have Winn Dri-Tac Wraps oversized

Pace of Play. Play "Ready Golf" all of the time and for goodness sake, don't plumb bob a two foot putt, unless it's for an Eagle. There is NO reason why a round should take much over 4 hours, especially if everyone is riding.

If a member of a group looses a ball, have everyone help him/her find their ball. It isn't rocket science. I have played with folks who him their shot, jump into their cart and speed off toward their ball, disregarding the rest of the entire group. That's unacceptable.

Driver - Taylormade M6; 10.5 Degrees - Diamana BF50R shaft.

Fairway Woods - Tour Exotics (3 Wood) CBX119 EvenFlow Project X 5.5R Tour Exotics (4 Wood) XCG7; Fujikura 50R shaft.

Hybrids - PING G (19,22 and 26 Degree lofts.)

Irons - Mizuno MX300 (7-GW)

Wedges - Cleveland RTX4 (54 and 58 degree)

Putter - Pyramid Altec Series AZ-11

Ball - Bridgestone 330-RTX or Calloway Tour iz

1 hour ago, LinksgolfFever said:

This is a funny/not funny story that is very similar to a round I had about 2 weeks ago.  I was walking, another single walking and a pair in the cart.  The other single, not social, not unfriendly, just very quiet.  He was not a 7 or 8 handicap, he sprayed balls all over the course but when he got to his ball, he would hit again regardless of where the balance of the group was.  By the 4th hole he was walking to the green while one of the players in the cart had to wait for him to be clear in order to hit his approach.  Everyone gave him the chance to say something....crickets.  On the 5th tee I mentioned he was creating an issue by getting in front of players trying to hit, which was making us slower not faster...

He finished after 9 and the rest of the round was calm....

This reminds me of a twosome my buddy and I got paired up with last year. We were out to enjoy a beautiful Friday that we both snuck out of work early for and met up at the local muni. The two dudes we ended up with were absolute winners. Imagine that "NO RAGRETS" tattoo guy, but there's two of them. I noticed the more vocal one as I was out on the tee box as he was loudly describing himself getting his clubs onto his cart to someone in his earbuds as he showed up exactly 6 minutes before tee time, and I remember thinking "Man, so glad I'm not with that guy today." Boy was I wrong. On the first tee box they pulled out their weed vapes and channeled their inner Tommy Chong, inhaling the largest cloud of weed vapor I have ever seen - like I'm pretty sure they could have called in an airstrike with the size of this cloud. They then both raggedly coughed for several minutes before offering us any (which we politely declined). The rest of the day that they were with us (they too left after 13 or 14, probably for Taco Bell) we pretty much just helped them remember where they hit their balls, reminded them to pick up their clubs, and declined hits from the pen. I wouldn't play with them again, but they actually turned out to be decent guys that worked as concrete finishers and were enjoying a day off. I guess this is another peeve of mine - if you're going to enjoy yourself, do it discreetly and keep track of your own crap!

image.png.65e6e2325c45f71b53867c61639172ec.png

Titleist TSR3 // Tensei 1K Black 65g

Titleist TSR3 3W 15* // HZRDOUS Black 70g

Titleist U505 2i // HZRDOUS Black 85g

Taylormade P770 4-PW // Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 105g

Callaway JAWS MD5 50*

Callaway JAWS Raw 54* / 58*

Taylormade Spider GTX Single Bend Splitback / Ping Zing 2

Titleist ProV1 // Srixon Z-Star XV (Depending on how much money I want to lose any given swing)

38 minutes ago, Shifty said:

dudes constantly on their phone.  "It's your turn.... again".

We once had a fourth join our threesome. He seemed nice; however, on the thirds hole, he got a call on his cell phone. He actually stood there on the green and chatted with his colleague for several minutes. I finally went over and politely asked him to please move away from the green if he was going to use his phone.

Two holes holes later, he asked another member of our group if I was always that "grumpy".

Driver - Taylormade M6; 10.5 Degrees - Diamana BF50R shaft.

Fairway Woods - Tour Exotics (3 Wood) CBX119 EvenFlow Project X 5.5R Tour Exotics (4 Wood) XCG7; Fujikura 50R shaft.

Hybrids - PING G (19,22 and 26 Degree lofts.)

Irons - Mizuno MX300 (7-GW)

Wedges - Cleveland RTX4 (54 and 58 degree)

Putter - Pyramid Altec Series AZ-11

Ball - Bridgestone 330-RTX or Calloway Tour iz

26 minutes ago, TJ Hall said:

This is quickly turning into a popular thread!

Agreed! I think people really dislike slow play.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

27 minutes ago, mackdaddy said:

Course peeves:  Sand needs to be in the bunkers and raked.

What if it's raked... but it's pea gravel? No joke, played at a course once and the bunkers were all but sand. No bueno!

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

I think for me it's people who won't let you play through our at least make you wait. I'm usually cognizant of players who are going skiing at a faster clip than I am and will let them go on ahead. I'm not against having to wait if it means I don't hold anyone up and I expect the same. 

I tend to like to get in a rhythm on the course and don't like it too be interrupted by folks who are out there goofing off. 

Slow play. Has been since I was a kid playing twilight golf in Michigan as the heat, humdity and mosquitos added to the thrill of watching hacks lining up 12 putts for triple and taking 6 practices swings before every shot.

Still hate it 40 years later.

Also hate that almost everyone will say slow play in response to this thread, but I've yet to ever see a golfer self-identify as a slow player, Patrick Cantlay included. Even some Spies are slow. 

For reference, my group regularly plays in 3 hours or less and we switch between the standard men's tees and the tips every other round. One of our foursome has a 24 HDCP and it doesn't matter. We play ready golf, have fun and waste time in the clubhouse post-round where it only interferes with our livers.

Short game savant, driving disaster...

44 minutes ago, TSauer said:

What if it's raked... but it's pea gravel? No joke, played at a course once and the bunkers were all but sand. No bueno!

GUR

Driver: Titleist TSR 3 10* Accura TZ6 M3 65g

Fairways: Callaway Rogue 15* & 19* Matrix Ozik TP 6 HD stiff 

Hybrid: Titleist TSI 4 & 5 Hybrids Mitsubishi Tensi AV 65 HY X stiff   

Irons:  KZG Forged III 6-P Accura iS7 (Refinished and regrooved)

Wedges: Cleveland CBX  50*, Taylormade MG 3 Tiger grind 56 bent to 54/10 & Taylormade MG 4 Tiger grind 56 bent to 58/14

Putter: Positive Putter's Custom P2 (think Edel putter meets Heavy Putter)

Ball: Callaway Chome Tour                        

All clubs have Winn Dri-Tac Wraps oversized

I have posted this in another thread. The AAA’s are slow with anywhere  from 2-6 groups playing together ( unfortunately due to health, moves, deaths, and marriage to 20 somethings) we usually only have a couple of groups. The slowest group goes last. Skill ability still runs multilevels of quite good ( shoot their age fairly often ) to extremely bad ( probably could get by with just two clubs; driver and putter ). 
   We are slow and we know it. Any single or group that comes up behind us will get waved through at the first opportunity. However, hit into us, and there will be hell to pay. 
   My main peeve is with individuals or groups that will jump on the 10th tee because the front nine is a tad crowded. If an Antiquated Ancient Ager group catches up to them, then it is full on hypocrisy on our part and it is BOMBS AWAY time. This rarely happens with the new course management an even rarer to us ( our reputation has been vigorously touted) 

When your cart stops at the next tee, get out and get your club.  No need to sit and ponder life.  Even the person keeping score should be done in 5 seconds.  You can do your complex math on the 19th hole

:callaway-small: Epic Flash 9.5 Driver

:callaway-small: Epic Flash 3/5 wood

:callaway-small: Big Bertha 4/5 hybrid

:callaway-small: Big Bertha  6- A irons

:callaway-small: Mack Daddy sand wedge 54/58 degrees

:cleveland-small:  Frontline Elevado

:callaway-small: Chrome Soft X balls

My biggest pet peeve is the player that isn't willing to play to the actual level of his game. Stop making tee box choice a Johnson measuring contest. I know my game. I moved up a tee box a couple of years ago and golf is much more fun. Unless, I'm stuck behind 4 yahoos playing tips and losing 2 balls/hole.

:callaway-small: Mavrik 9 Degree

image.png.ee19b0f17da7a45faaa30e114f86e3c9.png  Mavrik 4 Wood

image.png.cdd20ffc100c65049392af87e0ae3e49.png  Mavrik 3 Hybrid

image.png.5e6ae6d961fc0d5a2a4e5185f0e0c918.png  Mavrik 4 Hybrid

:cleveland-small: CBX 52 Degree

:cleveland-small: Smart Sole S

:odyssey-small: White Hot #5

Slow play is always going to be the biggest and already addressed by so many, so I'm going to go more personal (but can still contribute to the same thing). It bugs the snot out of me when someone on the green says "that's good enough for me" then -while others are having to wait to putt - they stop, stand beside their ball, and semi-nonchalantly backhand the next putt toward the hole, which is in the opposite direction of where we are going to walk off the green, then they still have to pick up the ball but in most cases they still hit it toward the hole again (and still have to pick it up).I don't care if you're giving yourself the putt, but if you do do then PICK THE DANG THING UP. You're not going to count any of the strokes anyway and all your doing is making the other players stand and watch while waiting to play their own ball. 

P-Dru

I will jump on the slow play bandwagon and add ignorance to the mix. What is it about slow players that they decide to mark their cards while still in front of the green, holding up everyone behind even more!!

Also not repairing divots and pitch marks, especially in the rough 🤬

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

Human statues - When players get into their setup to drive, hit, chip, or putt, and then stand over the ball frozen  like a statue. Come on! It's a ball and a stick, you're not launching the space shuttle. 

Stay on Target!    94602_x-wing_512x512.png.e6fd366aa256fea54f342bdfaa860cb7.png

pxg-logo-freelogovectors.net_-400x400.png.fd7f603a83c91f76fed4c6245b967a52.png 0811X Gen 4 Driver

pxg-logo-freelogovectors.net_-400x400.png.fd7f603a83c91f76fed4c6245b967a52.png 0311XF Gen 5 Fairway 4 Wood

Maltby KE4 TC HyWay Utility Wood

image.png.471e92969c871a065786f650138fd517.pngEQ1-NX Single Length Irons (LW - 7)

image.png.471e92969c871a065786f650138fd517.pngEQ1-NX Single Length Hybrids (4, 5, 6)

image.png.0d2df83eb1bcf82eb1adec6302909991.png    MEZZ.1 Putter (2022 tester)

image.png.43257b3b93a88cb87b3dfc1ae39a025a.png  Tour Ball X

Groups that have no business playing certain tee boxes… if you’re gonna chunk every tee shot from the tips and not make it to the forward tees you’re just making it more frustrating for yourself and slower for everyone else

Driver: PXG Black Ops, Ventus Blue 6X 

Fairways: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 3 and 5 wood, Project X Riptide CB 6.0

Hybrid: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 22 degree, Project X Riptide 6.0

Irons: PXG 0311P Gen 5 5-PW, Project X LS 6.5

Wedges: PXG SG2 50, 56(55), Modus 125 Wedge; PXG SG 2 60, KBS 130 Wedge  

Putter: TaylorMade Spider GT Red SB

Ball: Maxfli Tour S

MGS Star Grip Review: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63328-star-grips-2024-forum-review/

Slow play, I play in a lot of tournament golf, and nothing drives me crazier that a 25-handicap player taking 10 practice swings before stepping up to the ball and still shanking it right out of bounds. Or the player that waits until it is his turn to look at his putt from every angle and take 4-5 minutes to make a putt. And lastly the guy who takes one club to his ball from the cart just to decide that that is not the one he wants and goes back to get another one. What ever happened to taking several the first time. I know, we all have to be new sometime, and no single digit handicap started out that way, but the driving range and practice facilities are where you go to work on improving your game, not a crowded golf course on the weekend.

Mitigating slow play in Florida...  😄

45bb03c7e08337ccff3dedf80b154791.webp.6919458a5f69990d776759f19e81e7ef.webp

A timer releases chicken broth from your cart at the 4 hour mark!! Gives the gators a trail to follow 😳

Edited by Shapotomous

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

43 minutes ago, sporter said:

Slow play, I play in a lot of tournament golf, and nothing drives me crazier that a 25-handicap player taking 10 practice swings before stepping up to the ball and still shanking it right out of bounds. Or the player that waits until it is his turn to look at his putt from every angle and take 4-5 minutes to make a putt. And lastly the guy who takes one club to his ball from the cart just to decide that that is not the one he wants and goes back to get another one. What ever happened to taking several the first time. I know, we all have to be new sometime, and no single digit handicap started out that way, but the driving range and practice facilities are where you go to work on improving your game, not a crowded golf course on the weekend.

I cannot stand the guy that waits until after everyone putts to read his putt. Look at it while everyone else is putting, without getting in their line obviously, and be ready to go when its your turn. Playing ready golf will eliminate a lot of the issues with slow play

Driver: PXG Black Ops, Ventus Blue 6X 

Fairways: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 3 and 5 wood, Project X Riptide CB 6.0

Hybrid: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 22 degree, Project X Riptide 6.0

Irons: PXG 0311P Gen 5 5-PW, Project X LS 6.5

Wedges: PXG SG2 50, 56(55), Modus 125 Wedge; PXG SG 2 60, KBS 130 Wedge  

Putter: TaylorMade Spider GT Red SB

Ball: Maxfli Tour S

MGS Star Grip Review: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63328-star-grips-2024-forum-review/

Tee times to close together.  12 minutes is perfect. 6 or 8 minutes is going to be a  very long day 

:callaway-small: Paradym 9 degree Driver

:wilson-small: DYNAPWR 3 wood

:callaway-small: Apex 21  PW-4 Iron

:cleveland: CBX 50 degree

:cleveland: CBX 54 degree

:cleveland: CBX2 58 degree

:vokey-small: SM6 62 Degree   

:EVNROLL: ER2 Putter

My home course has rakes in each cart however when I played in NH and NJ each bunker has 3 or more rakes and when I used the rake I tried to place them evenly spaced.  Irked me when a rake was used and placed on top of another rake. While I'm pissed,  sunflower shells spit on the green and beer/sodas cans littering the course when every damn tee has a bin. 

I hit the ball often, but play when ready, carry my putter to the next tee and rake the bunkers like I was never in .

On 2/27/2024 at 12:01 PM, Josh Parker said:

Waiting on the group in front of me and watching them not understanding ready golf.  I played this past weekend and the group in front of us had 3 carts they wouldn't drive over to their ball across the fairway and waited for the first cart to hit before going to theirs.  

I've played in those groups and I offered to get out, hit my shot and walk back to the cart or toward the green and they said, "No, I'll wait." NO. DON'T WAIT.  I've offered to rake the bunker after they hit too.

I hit the ball often, but play when ready, carry my putter to the next tee and rake the bunkers like I was never in .

25 minutes ago, Optik DGM said:

I've played in those groups and I offered to get out, hit my shot and walk back to the cart or toward the green and they said, "No, I'll wait." NO. DON'T WAIT.  I've offered to rake the bunker after they hit too.

Yeah I have offered to rake bunkers as well and it goes right over their heads. 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

Slow golfers who do not pay attention to their surroundings like waiting for their playing partner to hit and then going over to their shot and taking alot of practice swings and have no concept of their slow play. 

Golfer who takes way too many practice swings

Golfer that you can not make a sound even faraway when they are swinging

Divots on the fairway and on the green that are not repaired

Jeffrey Starling

The thing I do is stay near the tee box and keep an eye on everyone's tee shot. I play with guys who hit and just walk off like they don't care about your ball, I just find that to be really rude especially if you're hitting into the sun.

Frank musolino 

I hate hate hate when a club and in turn its players refuse to care for a course’s bunkers. Seems like it’s gotten even worse since Covid.

Driver: Cobra AeroJet 9* @ 7.5* PX Hazardous Black 5.5

3 wood: Titleist 915f @ 14.25* MCA Diamana Blue R

Hybrids: Callaway Apex 17* and 21* Srixon ZX 23* driving iron

Irons: Mizuno Pro 223 5-PW Nippon Modus Pro 105R

Wedges: Ping Glide 4.0 52/10, 56/14, 60/14 Nippon 115

Putter: EVNROLL ER 2.2

Ball: Wilson Triad

As some have already stated, my biggest pet peeve is NOT FIXING YOUR DIVOTS on the green!!! The grounds crew work tirelessly (especially during the hot part of summer when there is little to no rain) to provide beautiful green carpets so that our golf balls can roll smoothly towards the cup. At my home course, some of the college-aged kids of members are the worst. They were correctly taught and know better, but they simply just do not care.

An equal, second pet peeve is towards those golfers who act so arrogant and snobbish!!! I know every club has them, but nothing runs my blood hotter than a person with deficient character! It isn't that difficult to be respectful, polite, and dignified. There are some at my home club that, every time they are there, act like they are PGA Tour Pros that are waiting to be inducted into the HOF. Too bad the USGA HCP list is on the tack board in our pro shop 😆! Caveat: Here, I am talking about character in general and commonplace interaction with other golfers. Also, I can personally deal with people like this...I kind of love dealing with people like this; it's in my USMC DNA! My blood runs hot when I see them treat others with arrogant contempt just because that golfer is a beginner or new to our private club. Ok, enough soap box whine for this week! Semper Fi!!!

Willie T (Gospel.n.Golf)

Callaway Epic Max LS Driver 

TaylorMade Stealth 3HL Wood 16.5°

Callaway Super Hybrid 20°

Callaway Epic 4h/5h Super Hybrids

Callaway Epic E19 (6-AW) Forged Irons

Callaway Jaws Raw 54° Wedge

Bettinardi HLX3.0 58° Wedge

Evnroll ER7v Mallet Putter

Being forced to take a golf cart on a course that can be walked.  I'll pay your @*#^ cart fee, but let me walk! 

default_taylormade-small.jpg.11909ae8225233b0a9df9a5443a04a86.jpg DRIVER -- Stealth 2022 (12°)

default_ping-small.jpg.bb781084b587d82e12837461ac41ad56.jpg  G430 Max (dialed down to 4W loft 16.5°)

default_mizuno-small.jpg.9cbfa4a78cd9739973818e14ecbb7c6a.jpg Mizuno Pro Fli-Hi 2 (18°)

default_srixon-small.jpg.5334954526943a6cc88f7dc2e162bfd8.jpg ZX7 MK II (4i - PW)

default_vokey-small.gif.11c969c696a9d7aabc6767e476f5a9c9.gif SM9 50°

default_taylormade-small.jpg.11909ae8225233b0a9df9a5443a04a86.jpg MG3 56°

default_vokey-small.gif.11c969c696a9d7aabc6767e476f5a9c9.gif SM9 62°

EVNROLL.gif.968aa9f586c898b7552c662124434031.gif ER2

default_srixon-small.jpg.5334954526943a6cc88f7dc2e162bfd8.jpg Z-Star