How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

I had to send my shotscope watch back for a new one so I wasn't able to track my stats for the round, which was a real bummer because it felt like I was hitting some monster drives. I was a good 50-75 yards ahead of the other 3 that I was playing with. My putter let me down - big time. Greens had been aerated and sanded but still no excuse for the pathetic showing. I'm moving on to a different stick.

Dodged the raindrops as we finished up on 18 and we had a full-fledged wedding going on to the right of us!
I had less than 100 in on 18 ... woohoo!

image.png.cac408402a79f4beacd0f4f189f10a0a.png

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Axis1 TourHM
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Everyone, I played my first round of golf for the 2024 season yesterday! I want to share how it went according to Arccos. I have some new equipment in my golf bag, such as the LAB Golf DF3 putter, Todd Demsey Persimmon 5 wood, and a sleeve of Chrome Tour X golf balls. However, I haven't put them into play yet and I'm still using the Titleist ProV1x golf balls. I made some grip and setup changes on Saturday with my coach, and I can see the positive results in my game data. Overall, I had a great time golfing!

April 21 2024.png

JSki_Golf

Got out for my first round on Friday with a round that featured cool temps and winds from 10 to 15 mph and gusts up to 30. My SwungU app was giving adjusted yardages up 30 yards into the wind. It was rude welcome to the season, but it was good to get back out there. Course was also pretty soggy so contact was a bit iffy, but still good to get back out there.

Found a better groove on the back and got to dial in some partial wedges. Also on 17 hit a nice drive taking a big cut off the corner of the hole and hit to about 5 feet and made the birdie which gets the year off to a good start in averaging 1 birdie a round. Time to hang it up and protect the stats right?

No idea on score as keeping it was futile but the season in now underway and it should be a blast.

Edited by ejgaudette

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

2 hours ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

Played a very cold round yesterday morning with @MaxEntropy. It was about 40 with the windchill making it a little colder when we teed off, and it just stayed there the whole day. I thought I had a chance to break 80 but I bogeyed 18. After I looked at the scorecard, and yep, the bogey gave me a 40-40 day, which is still solid given the cold weather. I only hit 5 greens, but had 6 more up & downs., and two of the greens I hit were 3-putts. Drove the ball well and played one ball the whole round.

I played Saturday, too. A little warmer but much windier. I was very happy with an 83 given the course and the weather. Sunday with @DiscipleofPenick, I felt like I could never get totally lose and "finish" my swings. Not too disappointed in the 88, especially considering some of the drives I had.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Test Currently In ProgressFit For Golf 2.0

Had 3 rounds since last update.

I don't remember too much of Thursday's 48. Other than it wasn't particularly good after the first few holes. 

Saturday. I was aiming for keeping my score under 95, so was hoping to be in at 47. I was already +12 so that was not looking likely after 8. On 9, I hit a good tee shot to the middle of the fairway, pulled a 9 iron (full club heavy) and hit a low draw/hook that landed on the front edge of the fringe, rolled toward the pin, hit it solidly, backed up and went back in.  Shot 46 and 48 from the blues, so mission accomplished but 2 strokes were saved no that fluke eagle.

Sunday's round was more my style. 47 on the front and 42 on the back. My short game was firing on all cylinders with multiple 5 foot 1 putts. A slight takeaway tweak gave me the confidence to start hitting them close and the putter was warm enough to keep making them.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Had one of those days. I had three 3-putts due to lipping out 2’ putts. So frustrating especially after I was +1.5 SG putting on Sunday. Approach game was great and hit some decent drives. Also hit 45% of my GIR. Should have been a little higher but i fatted a GW on 3 and mishit a 7i on 7.

IMG_0161.png

IMG_0155.jpeg

IMG_0153.jpeg

Edited by Vegan_Golfer_PNW

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

11 minutes ago, Roachinante said:

Got out for my first full 18 of the season this weekend, shot a 107. Still working on consistently shooting below 100.

It's largely my short game that's killing me. Multiple chip shots because the first one went over the green, had a number of 3-putts.

I'm trying to walk more rounds this season. I feel like I can keep my head in it better that way, but I was getting pretty wiped by the end of the round. I expect that to get better as a get better conditioned.

I feel your pain on the short game and that's where I'm trying to focus my practice, even though it's more fun to bash a bucket of balls. I almost always play better when I walk, I have a better feel for where I am on the course and the wind than when I'm in a cart.

WITB

Calloway Hyper X Driver TaylorMade SIM2 Max D

Paradym 3-wood

Ping G430 3-hybrid

Ping G430 4-PW

Ping 50, 54, 58 wedges

Old ass putter from my old bag TP Hydro Blast Soto

Played an executive 9 as my first outing of the year and shot 7 over, with 4 three putts. I know what I need to work on.

Adams speedline driver and 3 wood, stiff

Adams idea a12 irons, steel

Hand me down Cleveland 58

Hand me down two ball mallet putter

Played the worst round I have in three years. Shot a 104 at my home course, which has really tight fairways. Irons and approach shots were good but I just could not get off the tee box. I was in the trees so often I thought I was camping. Hit the range yesterday to try and get my swing back in tune so hopefully I will be back on track tomorrow.

WITB (Lefty)
Driver:   :callaway-small:Rogue w/ Tensei White 65 X Stiff Shaft 

Wood:    :callaway-small: Rogue 3 Wood 15 degree w/ Synergy Blue 60 R Shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: RAZR X 2 Hybrid 18 degree w/ Regular flex stock shaft

Fusion FT 3 Hybrid 20 degree w/ Aldila NVS Stiff

Irons:    :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5-Gap

Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 Chrome 56 degree

RTX 60 degree

Putter:   :scotty-small: Select GOLO

Balls:     :titleist-small: ProV1 or :maxfli: Tour X

Yesterday's round of golf was a true roller coaster of emotions. From the moment I stepped onto the course, it seemed like I was riding the bogey train with no stops in sight. By the time I reached the turn, I was already 9 over par after the front nine. It wasn't looking promising.

But then something shifted. A buddy of mine, perhaps sensing my frustration, proposed a money game on the back nine, he must of thought I'd be easy money. Little did he know, that was exactly the spark I needed. 

Suddenly, birdies started flying in. One after another, before I knew it, I was sitting at 3 under par for the back nine. Everything was clicking, and I was in the zone.

Of course, golf being the unpredictable game that it is, there had to be some drama. A brutal lip out on the 17th hole threatened to derail my comeback, but I managed to salvage a par on the final hole to finish the back nine at 2 under par and most extra cash in my pocket. 

Driver: Mizuno Stz

Fairway: Titliest 9115 3 Wood

Irons: Callaway Legacy Black 4-PW

Wedges: Vokeys

Putter: Phantom 5.5

Ball: ProV or Chrome Tour X

Rough night in league last night, although we were officially rained out and the results didn't count, many of us chose to play anyway. After the rain stopped, it turned into a pretty nice evening for golf. Driver was back to behaving pretty well as there was only one tee ball that I could not fire at the green. Ironically, it was well struck but would not fade against the wind as much as I'd hoped. Approach game was god-awful, but I also didn't have much luck with it either. Twice I pulled approaches that rocketed off the cart path leaving me in jail well beyond the green and, of course, both holes have big false fronts that caused more issues trying to hold the greens from well behind with the greens sloping away. 1 birdie, 2 pars, 2 bogies, 3 doubles, and a triple. I doubled both par 5's. I don't know if that has ever happened before and I hope it never happens again. Total was +10 (46). I don't feel like that score really reflects how I was playing, but I guess the score doesn't lie.

BTW, I forgot to mention it after Sunday's round. I had mentioned to @DiscipleofPenick on the first tee that the ball I was playing had been in play for 47 holes, which I believe is a new record for me. I promptly lost it on the first shot (technically, I didn't actually lose it. I launched it into the range and could not retrieve it).

Edited by MaxEntropy

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Test Currently In ProgressFit For Golf 2.0

Starting to golf semi-regularly here in Central NY. Why cant I chip like I did when I grew up with an artificial turf green in my backyard with ~40-60 yard shots around the yard? I need to get back to playing like a kid again, at least around the greens...

image.png.c4789e69dbbbdade51ee563c96f11c93.png

*insert WITB here*

Got out after work last night for a quick 18 at The Links At Gettysburg.  Always a tough course for me if I’m not controlling my tee shots well (my tendency is a snap hook on misses), but this round something from my months of off-season work finally started to click.  My best performance in fairways hit and GIR for a round this calendar year, putting was better than 33 putts looked - I hit more greens than usual aiming for centers instead of pins, which left some harder and longer first putts.

Choking up on my Driver, 3-wood about 1” made all the difference in the world for control - I found myself picking lines and hitting to them.  And instead of losing yardage I gained it (probably from better ball-striking).  Has anyone here tried cutting down their driver shaft to improve dispersion and not seen a loss of distance?

One water-ball, but salvaged bogey with a tight gap wedge to a back pin and one putt.  Sand save on 18 for par… everything was just clicking.

Unlike other decent scores last year where I felt like I didn’t play as well as the score reflected (I have a pretty good short game that can pull a rabbit out of a hat when I get in trouble +1.4 SG short game and +0.6. SG putting compared to a scratch golfer), I had a lot of good looks at birdie with putts that burned the cup, a chip that lipped out, and 3 that were dead on line but 6-12” short as the sun started to go down and the greens got shaggier.  They must’ve aerated a few weeks ago, but it’s obvious they haven’t recovered yet - lots of aeration holes causing jumps and bumps, and a surprising amount of dead spots on the greens - overall a little rough - that had they been rolling more smoothly I MIGHT have converted a couple more.

Overall, compared to my round Saturday, this was SO much better and a lot more fun.  If I can gain a little speed this spring and build on yesterday’s control and touch, I think I can qualify for the PA Senior Amateur this summer.  

Dan Yates, 55 year old trying to qualify for PA Senior Amateur in 2024; searching for some magic in my game again

What a difference a week makes. Second week of league I was better by 6 strokes. I only missed 2 fairways. Wedge play and putter finally showed up in a good way. I hope this is a sign of good things to come this summer. 

Driver: Mizuno ST180 - HZRDUS Smoke Blue 6.5

3W: Mizuno ST180 - Tensei White

3H: Mizuno JPX 900 

4-PW: Mizuno JPX Tour 900 - KBS C Taper X-Stiff

50, 54, 58: Mizuno T7 - KBS C Taper X-Stiff

Putter: Varies

"Win with Humility, Lose with Grace, and Do Both with Dignity" - Someone Smarter Than Me

18 hours ago, Jim Shaw said:

well, 1st. interclub match is in the books

Olympic View against Royal Colwood senior scratch league

Royal Colwood 4 points Olympic View 2 points

I lost my match 2-1... wasn't fireing on all cylinders but my opponent wasn't either so a bit of a pillow match 

Play Victoria Golf Club at Olympic View next Thursday so looking for a better outcome..

Sorry to hear that , we are starting up out match play event next weekend and I am having to give 10 strokes to start with , if I could fine tune my irons before then I’ll feel very confident in a victory in my first match . The tee ball is fantastic , putter and chipping have really come around with the Bermuda growing in . I’m excited to start out with confidence and a great feeling . 

One of my playing partners won the whole match event last  year and we typically feed off one another .

Edited by THE GOLF GUY

Taylormade  Stealth 2  10.5*   Fujikura Ventus 5 S (tipped an inch)  @ upright @9.75*

Taylormade Stealth 2    HL 16.5* 3 wood Fujikura Ventus     6 S 

Taylormade Stealth 2   7 wood   Fujikura Ventus   7 S

Taylormade P7MC  5-PW  Aerotech Steelfiber  I 95 gm  R 

Tileist SM09 54 & 60* wedges

Ping Anser    

Bridgestone BXS         

8 hours ago, Chubbs1991 said:

Yesterday's round of golf was a true roller coaster of emotions. From the moment I stepped onto the course, it seemed like I was riding the bogey train with no stops in sight. By the time I reached the turn, I was already 9 over par after the front nine. It wasn't looking promising.

But then something shifted. A buddy of mine, perhaps sensing my frustration, proposed a money game on the back nine, he must of thought I'd be easy money. Little did he know, that was exactly the spark I needed. 

Suddenly, birdies started flying in. One after another, before I knew it, I was sitting at 3 under par for the back nine. Everything was clicking, and I was in the zone.

Of course, golf being the unpredictable game that it is, there had to be some drama. A brutal lip out on the 17th hole threatened to derail my comeback, but I managed to salvage a par on the final hole to finish the back nine at 2 under par and most extra cash in my pocket. 

Golf is a funny game, it’s truly amazing how quick it can come (or go)!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

3 minutes ago, TJ Hall said:

Golf is a funny game, it’s truly amazing how quick it can come (or go)!

One minute you are on top of the world and then boom .....lol

Taylormade  Stealth 2  10.5*   Fujikura Ventus 5 S (tipped an inch)  @ upright @9.75*

Ping Anser    

Bridgestone BXS         

10 minutes ago, THE GOLF GUY said:

One minute you are on top of the world and then boom .....lol

The game of golf truly mirrors our lives!

Ping Anser    

Bridgestone BXS