Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

If you are playing in the same wind we have 300 miles up I-84, then I am not surprised.  Brutal up here.

Today, my wife and I played with my Dodge dealer service manager.  He usually plays fairly decent but I think the wind got to him today; multiple triples and quads!!  I struggled early to a front nine 46 because well, it was 7:30am, cold and windy.  By the turn the sun came out and I warmed up but it was still windy.  I managed a 39 on the back nine for a round of 85 that included a double bogey on #18.

Tomorrow we tee off at 9:30am... Oh yeah, it's supposed to rain around the back nine.

Wish I could blame the wind but alas...it was all me and a swing that was just wrong most of the day-Hope today is better for you up there despite the moisture!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Lol, carded another 82. This time it was a 40 + 42. Missed a few fairways that I should of hit. And again left 6 putts an inch low. Those putts will start falling soon, not really going to worry about anything.

Going to try and sneak out to the range tomorrow and get some swings in.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Probably belongs in the rant thread, but today on the course I could do no right..! Got to our club early enough to hit a bucket and was very happy with the look and feel of everything. Hit the chipping green and was "ok" and same with putting. Generally was happy and loose going in.

First tee...toed directly right and then nothing worked all round except for the occasional chip or pitch. Otherwise a crap round that I go ZERO positive data from at all. VERRRRY frustrated, a little pissed and mostly humbled...

Fine.

I'll try again next week after some more practice...Hope to have a more positive report then-CHEERS ALL!

Happens to us all man, happens to us all ☹️ just hunker down and figure out what went wrong, then go shoot your low round of the year next week!!

MDGolfHacker

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Shot 85 yesterday and an 83 today to come in 2nd Place......$400

WooHoo!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Atta boy!  That's the way to bring home the bacon 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

WooHoo!

Congrats! Once the new bag is in first place is locked up

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Happens to us all man, happens to us all ☹️ just hunker down and figure out what went wrong, then go shoot your low round of the year next week!!

MDGolfHacker

Thanks Bud, that means a lot! :D 

Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)

#Powertotheplayers

WooHoo!

Way to go Foz!!!!

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

Probably belongs in the rant thread, but today on the course I could do no right..! Got to our club early enough to hit a bucket and was very happy with the look and feel of everything. Hit the chipping green and was "ok" and same with putting. Generally was happy and loose going in.

First tee...toed directly right and then nothing worked all round except for the occasional chip or pitch. Otherwise a crap round that I go ZERO positive data from at all. VERRRRY frustrated, a little pissed and mostly humbled...

Fine.

I'll try again next week after some more practice...Hope to have a more positive report then-CHEERS ALL!

Don't think you're alone, we ALL have horrendous rounds but we ALL get right back out there. I was told you have to be like a baseball relief pitcher, no memory! Forget it and go kill it!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I apologize to anyone I just subjected to reading that. But I had to get it out of my system and I hate being that guy that breaks down every shot of his round to his buddies when you see them in the clubhouse after.

So I guess that means we aren't your buddies. :(

We're here for you though!

I got rained out so my son and I sat on the back porch, drank beer, smoked cigar and played Risk. He beat me but it was a great way to spend three hours on a rainy day.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I got rained out so my son and I sat on the back porch, drank beer, smoked cigar and played Risk. He beat me but it was a great way to spend three hours on a rainy day.

Sounds like a great 3 hours to me

Rick

Left Hand, 

Wondering if I have a similar issue...

Each time that I have been fit for lie angle, it's always been 2 up, since I made the irons longer, it will make them more upright anyway, so I wanted to see what the ball flight was if I left them as standard, but the prevailing ball flight with probably 98% of my swings were a fade, anywhere from 8-10 yards. Some were more but some were less. I read the other day that for every 1 degree that you move upright it will adjust the ball around 4 yards. So my previous fittings for lie angle still seem to be correct. With my prior irons my ball flight was a nice draw, I could not draw these irons even when I tried, the best I could get was somewhat straight. I will post in after a couple rounds to let y'all know how the ball flight is.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Each time that I have been fit for lie angle, it's always been 2 up, since I made the irons longer, it will make them more upright anyway, so I wanted to see what the ball flight was if I left them as standard, but the prevailing ball flight with probably 98% of my swings were a fade, anywhere from 8-10 yards. Some were more but some were less. I read the other day that for every 1 degree that you move upright it will adjust the ball around 4 yards. So my previous fittings for lie angle still seem to be correct. With my prior irons my ball flight was a nice draw, I could not draw these irons even when I tried, the best I could get was somewhat straight. I will post in after a couple rounds to let y'all know how the ball flight is.

Hmmmm, my irons are also 2.5 upright. Like to see where this goes.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Hmmmm, my irons are also 2.5 upright. Like to see where this goes.

This should bring the ball flight back to more neutral. I didn't mind a fade, but it was just way too much. A 2-3 yard fade would be okay, but 8-10 with an occasional 15 just brought way too much trouble into play .

Weekly league round today. Cold windy cartpath only. Same story different day lol.

We started the round with 24 guys and finished with 20. Four dropped after 9 calling it a day.

Wind chill of 36 with a steady 15 mph wind will do that to you.

I carded a 85 and by hole 14 I was rushing all my shots. Wedge game and putting was just a guess between the cold and the gloves. Oh how I long for our southern heat to hurry up and get here. Maybe next weekend will be better. 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

Played Saturday morning and by the time the 5th or 6th hole came, I was ready to go home.  I just couldn't get a solid strike on the ball with just about any club.  I finally started hitting better on the back nine, but by that time, I just didn't really care any more. I still won $5, but that's only because the guys I was playing with played even crappier than I did.  Planning on getting back out tomorrow and again Saturday morning, so hopefully it'll come around by then. 

In my bag:

Callaway Epic Subzero with Aldila Rogue Max 75 Stiff shaft

Callaway Rogue Subzero with Project X Evenflow 6.0 75g stiff shaft

Callaway Rogue 3 Hybrid with Aldila Synergy 60 HYB stiff shaft

Callaway Apex irons (4-PW) with True Temper XP 95 stiff shafts

Callaway MD3 wedges (50/54/58)

SeeMore Original FGP

Bridgestone Tour B RX

Played my first league tournament Saturday. Didn't play great but was able finish with an even par 71 which was good enough to win the scorecard playoff for 1st. Also won the Long Drive with a 330 yard drive on 18. Too bad I 3-putt parred to finish though!

Capture1.JPG

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

That's awesome!

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

Played my first league tournament Saturday. Didn't play great but was able finish with an even par 71 which was good enough to win the scorecard playoff for 1st. Also won the Long Drive with a 330 yard drive on 18. Too bad I 3-putt parred to finish though!

Don't have to set the world on fire. Just gotta beat the rest of the field. $130 payday ain't shabby either. Great stuff!

What ball did you play?

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

I'm going standard on the Cobra F8s one length per the Cobra fitting. I'm normally 1* flat on Mizuno clubs. Well see if the fitter was right...

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

Cha-ching! Sweet congrats!

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

Don't have to set the world on fire. Just gotta beat the rest of the field. $130 payday ain't shabby either. Great stuff!

What ball did you play?

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

Got an extra $35 for the long drive too.  :D  Well it was a test round for the Snell MTB Black of course

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

I'm going standard on the Cobra F8s one length per the Cobra fitting. I'm normally 1* flat on Mizuno clubs. Well see if the fitter was right...

MDGolfHacker

It doesn't hurt to play a few rounds with them to see if the need for adjustment is there. It's one of those things where you just know. I've been playing a long time and I know my typical ball flight. When the lie angle is off it's something you just know, and it doesn't cost much to have them bent

Got to play Sultan's Run yesterday in Jasper IN. Very nice course. It was very wet and the greens were punched but still had a great day. Shot a 74 which for the conditions I was happy.

No golf today as it's snowing (Donald Ross Course was on tap) but should be good for the Pete Dye Course tomorrow.

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

Got an extra $35 for the long drive too.  :D  Well it was a test round for the Snell MTB Black of course

Good stuff out there-keep hammering 'em!

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

Yall are my buddies! 

But I don't get to see yall in the clubhouses after rounds. I've yet to meet a MGS member who is a regular on the forums. (Sadly)

It'll happen one of these days though!

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Yall are my buddies!

But I don't get to see yall in the clubhouses after rounds. I've yet to meet a MGS member who is a regular on the forums. (Sadly)

It'll happen one of these days though!

I'm sure it will!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Day 2 of the Spring Blitz......Day 1 was 85:+4 points. Day 2 was 83:+5 points. So I was +9 and grabbed Second Place.....$400! The winner was +7 both days, beating me by 5 points. Out of 35 players, only 8 finished at Even or better. The wind on aSunday was really brutal......but I am very .

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Golf league was snowed out for the second week in a row.  Last week it had all melted by the afternoon and I found an open course to play but this week no such luck.

Driver: Ping G30 10.5*, Stiff

FW: Ping G 5W, Stiff

Hybrid: PING G 19* Stiff,  Ping G400 22* Stiff

Irons: Taylormade M3 4-PW 3* Up, Project X 5.5

Wedges:  Vokey SM7 50* and 54*, Cleveland RTX 2.0 60* 2dot

Putter: Ping Sigma G Tyne, 35" PP62 grip

Ball: Srixon Z Star and Pro V1x when I find them looking for my ball

Southpaw who plays golf and bats right handed in Chicago, current index is 14.8