Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Yesterday's round was truly awful. I can't remember playing that badly in years. Nothing was working.

Had to try to get back together today, made my debut playing Pennant (inter club team singles matchplay) Started well, 2 up after 4. Wind was crazy, blowing around 30mph. Really struggled for a few holes, and my opponent put a good run together, winning 4 straight.

Ended up losing 2 and 1, after both of us birdied the 17th. My team won, 4 1/2 to 2 1/2. Was pretty happy with my game, first time at the course we were at and in really tough conditions.

I played number 5, my good mate who I play with most weeks won his match 1 up, his first comment after he heard the score was "So you played a lot better than yesterday "

I took a photo of the 4th pin, it's in the photo thread.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Played for the first time in about 4 weeks, right shoulder is really killing me, thinking surgery may be in my future.

Managed a 45/46 = 91 on a course I'd never seen before, guess that's not too bad for a one armed man!

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Saturday was brutal.  Temp just over 40* when we teed off at 9am with wind blowing 20-30 mph.  My hands were so cold, I couldn't feel them.  Managed an 85.  Today was a little better; warmer and less wind, but still tough.  Shot 81 with a double on #18.  

The highlights of the weekend were the 3 birdies I made.  Yes, I only made 3 in 36 holes, but those 3 birdies were all no-putt birdies, and one was a sandy birdie on the #1 handicap hole.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

42 front and back for an 84. Course was muddy on the front 9 due to some rain the last two days, we weren't even sure we would be able to play today, but the Hawaiian sun came out and it was beautiful albeit humid. 2 doubles, and I missed a 2-footer for a greenie.

Choking down on my driver still providing results! Didn't hit all of the fairways but I also didn't take any penalty strokes off the tee. Today could've easily been in the 70s if I hadn't choked on those doubles, but that's golf.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Played yesterday and hit the ball really well.  I just couldn't make a putt to save my life.  I did hit my irons better than I have in a really long time.  I pretty much hit them exactly how I wanted all day.  Overall, the quality of golf I've been playing is pretty promising with the few tournaments I've got coming up in the near future.  

In my bag:

Callaway Epic Subzero with Aldila Rogue Max 75 Stiff shaft

Callaway Rogue Subzero with Project X Evenflow 6.0 75g stiff shaft

Callaway Rogue 3 Hybrid with Aldila Synergy 60 HYB stiff shaft

Callaway Apex irons (4-PW) with True Temper XP 95 stiff shafts

Callaway MD3 wedges (50/54/58)

SeeMore Original FGP

Bridgestone Tour B RX

So with the warm weather today the chipping net went outside and I switched from the whiffle balls I was using indoors to my pro v1. If you look closely (white balls scattered around the net)  you'll see that I didn't fair too well in the practice today. Towards the end (about 75 chips) I finally started getting a few in the net. 

IMG_5134.jpg

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Another blustery day in FL.! 42-44=86. Windy, low 60's and cloudy. It seems that every hole was into the wind. On the 17th hit a 8 iron and came up 15' short on 120 yard hole. Normally it's a PW. BUT it was a fun morning . I hit first so everyone else hit 7 iron.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Played 18 today. Didn't keep score, but I think it was around 78/79. Handicap season doesn't start for a few weeks. Just getting back into the swing of things.

Winds were 15+ mph and temps were sub 45*. Got colder as the round went on as it got cloudy. Hit the ball pretty solid. Quite impressed with the Snell MTB Black with the distance off of the tee. Hit a couple of BOMBS even into the wind. Can't wait to do it again tomorrow. 10* warmer I hear

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

Wrapped up our league Masters 2 day tourny yesterday. Day one warm and windy. I hit one 8 iron shot and backed it up. It just was still 100 ft in the air when it did lol. Promise that ball got to its apex. Stopped and drifted back about 8 yds leaving me short of the green. Ego smashed.

Day 2 was after a hard downpour that left us cartpath only.

Our team defended the title well but mother nature just took a toll on us.

I'm so sick of rain. It quit being funny long ago!

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

Played 18 today. Didn't keep score, but I think it was around 78/79. Handicap season doesn't start for a few weeks. Just getting back into the swing of things.

Winds were 15+ mph and temps were sub 45*. Got colder as the round went on as it got cloudy. Hit the ball pretty solid. Quite impressed with the Snell MTB Black with the distance off of the tee. Hit a couple of BOMBS even into the wind. Can't wait to do it again tomorrow. 10* warmer I hear

The Red is “no slouch” either

Rick

Left Hand, 

The Red is “no slouch” either

That's what I hear. I don't have any reds though.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

That's what I hear. I don't have any reds though.

We'll see how it goes!

Rick

Left Hand, 

84 today in soppy and windy conditions. 3 doubles thanks to penalty strokes. Really disappointed in my driving today compared to my last two range sessions. Broke out an old Ping putter and was really pleased wih it. Been working on working the ball and tried it out with moderate success. Still trying to figure out aiming points in relation to target. Dinner and then sown for some putting practice. Hope you all had a great day!

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Another blustery day in FL.! 42-44=86. Windy, low 60's and cloudy. It seems that every hole was into the wind. On the 17th hit a 8 iron and came up 15' short on 120 yard hole. Normally it's a PW. BUT it was a fun morning . I hit first so everyone else hit 7 iron.

Wow that chilly for FL this time of the year.  We were 64 today, and windy... 40 mph with gusts to 55.  No golf today!!  I "released" about 30 tumbleweeds from my lawn; sent them down the street to someone else's yard.

I play tomorrow.  Same temp, no wind.  woo hoo!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Played a little nine hole scramble last night.  We got tied for first, but lost the playoff.  I really like how I'm hitting the ball right now though.  It's been a long time since I've felt this comfortable over almost every shot.  Still have a few things to work on with chipping, but other than that, I'm playing really well.

In my bag:

Callaway Epic Subzero with Aldila Rogue Max 75 Stiff shaft

Callaway Rogue Subzero with Project X Evenflow 6.0 75g stiff shaft

Callaway Rogue 3 Hybrid with Aldila Synergy 60 HYB stiff shaft

Callaway Apex irons (4-PW) with True Temper XP 95 stiff shafts

Callaway MD3 wedges (50/54/58)

SeeMore Original FGP

Bridgestone Tour B RX

We wanted to play 18 after work and checked the website -- says 18 holes until 1:30 so we got stoked. Headed down to the course and got to the starter's office at 1. Sign in the window says 18 holes ends at 12:54... Asked him when 1:30 starts back up, he says 4/1. That's in 4 days come on man.

So we just played 9. Was hitting well off the tee and approaches were hitting greens, but I couldn't putt to save my life. These greens are notorious for having long, sticky grass but even though I knew that, I just couldn't get a putt to finish near the hole. Oh well, $14 with cart and cutting out of work makes up for it.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Walked 18 today with 3 guys at the club.  Had a great time and played pretty well.  It was almost "shorts" weather... but not quite.  Shot +2 on the front and +5 on the back for a 79.  Birdies on #2, #7, and #14.  Birdie on #7 was another chip-in; that's 4 chip-ins since last Saturday.  It could have been a really great round if I could putt today.  

I shot a 44/41:85 yesterday at my club. I had a birdie on two of the Par 3's with one landing just 4 inches behind the hole! That's the closest to a Hole in One since 1985's miracle. I won $41 in the annual Fun Day with our Senior Men's Group.....Tied for second(net 64) one stroke out of first place, 2 Closest to the Pins and 1 Skin. All that with two triples (lost two balls in the water) on the scorecard......Driver(Triton) and mid irons(F6 7 & 8) were my friends....

BTW, I played the Titleist AVX that I found recently. Lost two of them to the water of Pebble Creek....ugh! Finished with a Kirkland Signature.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Played last night after client meetings when I realized that there's a course five minutes from my hotel. Shot a smooth 45. Not stellar, but two stupid doubles and racing against daylight didn't help matters much. Still trying to cobble a swing together after surgery. Playing after work for me is a bonus no matter what, so I'm not complaining.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Played last night after client meetings when I realized that there's a course five minutes from my hotel. Shot a smooth 45. Not stellar, but two stupid doubles and racing against daylight didn't help matters much. Still trying to cobble a swing together after surgery. Playing after work for me is a bonus no matter what, so I'm not complaining.

Hey, you got out and banged it around a bit! Always great after work, clears your head no matter what you shoot.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Much better day with the driver as I put in my other shaft that had a jumbo grip!  No bad tee shots and I shot 41 + 40 = 81.   I'm enjoying the heck out of my new Callaway Steelhead irons! 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Much better day with the driver as I put in my other shaft that had a jumbo grip! No bad tee shots and I shot 41 + 40 = 81. I'm enjoying the heck out of my new Callaway Steelhead irons!

Sounds like you finally found your irons and driver setup. 81 great shootin'.

Rick

Left Hand, 

After a 5 week layoff to rest an inflamed elbow I got to play yesterday (80) and again today (75).

My lessons from a few months ago have really settled into my brain and I was curiously long off the tee, but not so much with the irons.

However, I was crisping them pretty well starting on the back 9 today.

I've always found that my default error is a fat hit, so today around the turn, I started gripping up about 3/4” for every club. That seemed to really git er done.

But the driver.. jeepers!

And .... my EPIC is being delivered tomorrow!

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Course opened today finally. 41/37 so not too bad for the first round of the season. New driver, F8 is awesome a fairway finder for sure. New irons and wedges might take a little longer to figure out but for the most part where pretty solid, just need to dial in the distances compared to my old ones. Great to be playing again.

Driver: Taylormade QI10

3W: Taylormade QI10

5W: Taylormade QI10

Hybrid Taylormade 4 QI10

Irons: 5 to LW Taylormade Stealth

Putter: Taylormade Spider Tour

Ball: Taylormade TP 

Bag: Hot Z Canadian flag

I work in the car business and I got a rare early night last night. My normal course had a local middle school group out. There was no way I was not getting a quick 9 in. I just moved to the area so I scrambled and found the next nearest course on Google. I found a course that I've never played above about 15 mins away.

I pulled up and another guy had the same idea I did as we both walked in at the same time. We both paid our $20 and agreed to share the last cart. Turned out to be another car guy and we had a good time blasting through 9 in 1hr and 20 mins. I didn't play particularly well shooting +10, but it's nights like that that make you realize what we have here at MGS. Just a good group of golf guys all sharing info and just having a good time. IMG_1227.JPGIMG_1225.JPGIMG_1226.JPG

:cobra-small: King F8 9 deg w/ Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 60 stiff shaft

:callaway-small:  XR 16 3 Wood S Flex

:cobra-small:  Fly-Z 3/4 Hybrid S Flex

:cobra-small:  King F7 One Length 5-PW S Flex

:cleveland-small:  CBX Wedges 50, 54, & 58 deg wedge flex

:cameron-small:  Select GoLo Putter

Friday morning Exec 9 “Bacon Boys” today! I was in second group. Normally I don't get too excited about Friday but today 2 of the 3 players in the group are highly competitive. I might be on occasion. I birdie the 1st hole they all Par and it was game on! Long boring story short I end up with 3 birdies, 5 pars and bogey the 9th for 2 under. Other guys had 2 birdies total. Felt really good. The 9th was stupid I tried a long birdie putt that was badly hit and misread. Oh well nobody's perfect.

Side note, used a different ball today, hummm maybe that helped??

Rick

Left Hand, 

Friday morning Exec 9 “Bacon Boys” today! I was in second group. Normally I don't get too excited about Friday but today 2 of the 3 players in the group are highly competitive. I might be on occasion. I birdie the 1st hole they all Par and it was game on! Long boring story short I end up with 3 birdies, 5 pars and bogey the 9th for 2 under. Other guys had 2 birdies total. Felt really good. The 9th was stupid I tried a long birdie putt that was badly hit and misread. Oh well nobody's perfect.

Side note, used a different ball today, hummm maybe that helped??

Good work out there Rick!

Were you gaming your new MTB Reds? I will play mine for the first time tomorrow BTW,,,

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Good work out there Rick!

Were you gaming your new MTB Reds? I will play mine for the first time tomorrow BTW,,,

Yup!!! MTB RED.....

Rick

Left Hand, 

I work in the car business and I got a rare early night last night. My normal course had a local middle school group out. There was no way I was not getting a quick 9 in. I just moved to the area so I scrambled and found the next nearest course on Google. I found a course that I've never played above about 15 mins away.

I pulled up and another guy had the same idea I did as we both walked in at the same time. We both paid our $20 and agreed to share the last cart. Turned out to be another car guy and we had a good time blasting through 9 in 1hr and 20 mins. I didn't play particularly well shooting +10, but it's nights like that that make you realize what we have here at MGS. Just a good group of golf guys all sharing info and just having a good time. attachicon.gifIMG_1227.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_1225.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_1226.JPG

From the mountains in the background it looks like you are in the North Georgia area?  I'm not sure where Cohutta, Ga. is but I bet you're not too far from Watkinsville. 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)