MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

Our Sponsors

Played Good Friday down in Galveson at Moody Gardens. Winds gusting out of the north at over 35mph but I was desperate for a round. This course has water on 16 of 18 holes. 

Hit a 7 iron downwind 210 on the first hole (had 208 to the pin) and then 4 holes later, had to hit a low driver on a 223y par 3. Long drive of the day was 348...shortest was 212...yes, with the same club. 

Hit the first 10 of 13 greens...and then we made the turn to come back to the club house and every hole was into the wind...and that's when the wheels (and golf ball inventory) fell off. I sure hope that MGS golf ball test comes out soon because someone needs to replenish his inventory. 

• Like 2

Had a beautiful afternoon Saturday for a quick nine holes. Snowy and rainy weather closed my preferred course all weekend, so I ended up at the same "pasture" I played last weekend.

Continued my consistent play, shooting 44 (+8) on the front nine with no three putts. Remove two shorted chips and a provisional tee shot on No. 8 and it would have been even better.

On the first par five I stuck a 60 degree lob wedge from about 55 yards to within 3 feet and sunk the birdie putt. Best approach shot I've hit in a long time.

Had two super slow groups in front of me, so I ended up inviting the solo behind me to join. Had a lot of fun chatting, made the round enjoyable.

To give you an idea about the quality of this course ... On the third hole I could not tee off from the blue tee box because it was occupied by an extremely drunk homeless person rummaging through the trash. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MattF said:

I forgot to post, or maybe I want to forget what happened on Saturday. In a word, it was terrible.

Oh well.... But may we all assume there was still beer involved afterwards... 😀

• Like 2

Went out and shot an 88 today. I broke 90, which is a good sign I’m trusting what I have. 43-45 with just bogeys as my worst and nothing higher. I’m just swinging my swing(which produces a in play slice 240 with roll down the middle) . I know my swing is over the top and divots point left. But so what , i keep the ball in play this way and know where it is going. Trying to clear my head from all the instructions I got on changing everything. Not saying it was.a negative. Just didn’t seem to click for me . 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

Oh well.... But may we all assume there was still beer involved afterwards... 😀

Apple pie shine.

• Like 2

I forgot to post, or maybe I want to forget what happened on Saturday. In a word, it was terrible.

Maybe it was an Ohio thing - we all played terrible this weekend.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Played 9 holes of what some would call golf tonight. They told me the course was a little wet but I would say it was just not playable. Called it a night when I lost my tee ball on 10 when it plugged in the middle of the fairway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Still not golf but it was a gorgeous April night (upper 70s, slight breeze) so it was enjoyable. The course was still recovering from the weekend rain but I got to hit a handful of pretty shots.

Driver: Titleist 915D3 Diamana White XS
FW: Cobra Fly-Z 16.5 Adila Proto XS
Hybrid: Adams Boxer Proto Gold 19 Adila Proto XS
Irons: Titleist 714 CB 4-PW DG X100
Wedges: Vokey 50-54-58
Putter: Odyssey Versa #7

• Like 2

Maybe it was an Ohio thing - we all played terrible this weekend.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
Not me i stayed home

Driver: Titleist 915D3 Diamana White XS
FW: Cobra Fly-Z 16.5 Adila Proto XS
Hybrid: Adams Boxer Proto Gold 19 Adila Proto XS
Irons: Titleist 714 CB 4-PW DG X100
Wedges: Vokey 50-54-58
Putter: Odyssey Versa #7

• Like 2

So, few days late with this but in a prep round to see where my game was at for my attempted qualifying for the tournament I'm thinking of entering, I played for the first time on Friday just north of Syracuse at Radisson Greens in Baldwinsville NY. Haven't played there for 15 years.

In all, shot a 79 from 6400 yards (400 longer than qualifying course) (39-40). 9/14 fairways, 11/18 greens, and just a nightmare putting with 35 putts, and 3 3 putt greens.

Closed with two birdies on the last three, both coming on par 5's, including a great up and down out of a green side bunker from 30 yards for birdie on the last splashing it to 2 feet.

Positives: Driving the ball. Not a lot of shaping, just straight ropes when swinging through the shot. Iron play a bit conservative but good, bunker play was infrequent, but hit two career type shots

Negatives: Putting (you hear that Stroke Lab tester thread 😉 ), pitching and chipping, and just straight out fatting short irons into holes where I was set up to do the business.

In all though, really happy how the round went, played some solid golf and let me know I should probably sign up for the qualifier

• Like 6

So, few days late with this but in a prep round to see where my game was at for my attempted qualifying for the tournament I'm thinking of entering, I played for the first time on Friday just north of Syracuse at Radisson Greens in Baldwinsville NY. Haven't played there for 15 years.
In all, shot a 79 from 6400 yards (400 longer than qualifying course) (39-40). 9/14 fairways, 11/18 greens, and just a nightmare putting with 35 putts, and 3 3 putt greens.
Closed with two birdies on the last three, both coming on par 5's, including a great up and down out of a green side bunker from 30 yards for birdie on the last splashing it to 2 feet.
Positives: Driving the ball. Not a lot of shaping, just straight ropes when swinging through the shot. Iron play a bit conservative but good, bunker play was infrequent, but hit two career type shots
Negatives: Putting (you hear that Stroke Lab tester thread ), pitching and chipping, and just straight out fatting short irons into holes where I was set up to do the business.
In all though, really happy how the round went, played some solid golf and let me know I should probably sign up for the qualifier

How was Radisson? We used to play there before Drumlins would open in the spring (same era 1999-2003). Something silly like $10 all you can play, even with snow mounds on the fairways and temp greens.

4 minutes ago, bens197 said:

How was Radisson? We used to play there before Drumlins would open in the spring (same era 1999-2003). Something silly like $10 all you can play, even with snow mounds on the fairways and temp greens.

New owners Ben, bought the place a few years back and started bringing it back to what it was 10-15 years ago. Really good shape now honestly

Been playing the last week without glasses because Im tired of them. Short game and putter were bad during that period.Got fitted for contacts then went out for 9. 

38 and even made about a 15 foot birdie. Putting and chipping was better  with 50% up/down.  First round of the season keeping that stat so not sure what I was as of recent, but Id bet it was 10% or so. 

• Like 4

New owners Ben, bought the place a few years back and started bringing it back to what it was 10-15 years ago. Really good shape now honestly

It was a fun layout. A little out of the way for us at LMC but was a good shakeup.

I really want to get onto Timber Banks this summer.

14 minutes ago, bens197 said:

It was a fun layout. A little out of the way for us at LMC but was a good shakeup.

I really want to get onto Timber Banks this summer.

Let me know when you plan to do it. In the afternoon they usually run some tee times for $49

Let me know when you plan to do it. In the afternoon they usually run some tee times for $49

Sounds good bud

3 hours ago, bens197 said:

Sounds good bud emoji4.png

Lied, 54 on the weekend after 2pm, 49 during the week after 2

• Like 1

another 76 today.....and another poor putting round.

It started at the first missing from 2 feet for par🙄

more putts coming up short and nothing over 15 feet ever threatening the hole.

Wedge play was also poor, eg middle of fairway on short par 4, low thinny skittered wedge into the bunker, got out, and two bad putts later another bogie from nowhere.

Between wedges and poor putting it's costing me lots of strokes.

I did birdie two of the hardest holes on the course though, long game is so much better.

• Like 9

another 76 today.....and another poor putting round.
It started at the first missing from 2 feet for par
more putts coming up short and nothing over 15 feet ever threatening the hole.
Wedge play was also poor, eg middle of fairway on short par 4, low thinny skittered wedge into the bunker, got out, and two bad putts later another bogie from nowhere.
Between wedges and poor putting it's costing me lots of strokes.
I did birdie two of the hardest holes on the course though, long game is so much better.

76. Nice work. I’m expecting a 760 my first round out this year.

One of the courses is opening next Friday.... taking a sick day ....
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Had 77 in league this afternoon - quite the contrast from last week and on a tougher course - go figure.

Waiting on whether I won a skin and a closest to the pin.

IMG_1750.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 9