MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

Our Sponsors

Was able to get out twice this week; first scores I’ve posted since November. (Work & weather, don’t @ me...) Scoring was trash, but at least during the second round I started to feel like I was hitting some shots. Photo is from The Plantation Course, Edisto Island, SCIMG_6223.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 5

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

:bridgestone-small:  JGR 9.5*  Driver Graphite Design AD DI-6x 
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - AW)  KBS Tour 130x

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Wedges (54, 58)
MATI Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Mid Slim 2.0
:bridgestone-small: Tour B-RX

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

I can't believe it has taken until May 4th but I can finally post my 1st round of the year! It was a chilly 43* on the 1st tee but the course was empty!IMG_20190504_071307773_HDR.jpeg
Didn't take long to find a groove with the ST190. Not completely disappointed in a 42 front 9 and a 40 on the back for the 1st time out. It was pretty obvious after looking over the round where I can improve the most.

I hit 7 of 14 fairways. My misses weren't far off and all were playable.

I hit 8 of 18 greens but I was never more than 10 yards off with the ones I missed.

I had 33 putts which is not what I like to see. I only made 2 putts over 2ft and they were only 5 footers. I 3 putted 4 holes. I don't know what it was but the minute I put the putter in my hands it felt weird and off. Almost foreign to me. Everything seemed different from the balance to the weight. I couldn't get comfortable at all.

If I can clean up the lag putting and the GIR, I think a sub 80 average for the year is definitely in reach.

Maybe I need some new irons and a putter! Just got to figure out how to convince SWMBO that it is the right move!!

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 9

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

Not well but it was four hours outdoors in only moderate rain so I will take it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

In the Bag for 2020

PXG 0811XF Gen 2 10.5* (set at 9*) AD VR 6x

PXG 0341X Gen 2 15* AD TP 7x

PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* KBS Proto 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 4-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:rife-putters-1: Two Bar Blade Long 47"

I had a strange round today. I started out with a par 5, in a greenside bunker in 2, chunked it, chipped up, and 3-putted for a smooth double. Next hole, I striped a drive, hit a wedge to 5 feet and missed the putt. Then I skulled a 7-iron into a bunker, left the first shot in the bunker, chunked the next one out, and got up and down for another double. Then came the triple- 🤦‍♂️, tee shot in the woods, punch out, pull a 8 iron into the woods, chip over the green, chip up and two putt. Bogeyed the next to be 8-over after 5. Well, I played the last 13  in even to card a smooth 44-36-80 (+8). I don't really know what to think, I'm pretty happy with my turn-around and finish, (-2 in the last 3), but I just know it could have been so much lower, if I could have started better. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Edited by GB13
  • Like 8

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Puked out a 95 in sloppy conditions. Lost 2 balls due to plugging and not finding them. And to top it off, the rough was close to or over 4"...but I was on the course, so there's that.

• Like 7

In the bag:
:taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 4-GW UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
:cleveland-small: Smartsole S
:yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

image.png

Humbling game today- played with our resident pro who hit the ball the way only pro's can. He has played in over 60 European tour events so he can play, but it was a different class of strike and course management. He 'easily' shot 4 under.

I learned/picked up loads of good course management info and a few good tips to improve my inconsistent scrapping around lol

Apart from his long game being on a different dimension to ours, his short game was exceptional, deadly chips and only 26 putts.

It's another world and a game most of us are not familiar with.

Just thought I'd share even though it's not about my game today.

• Like 7

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Got back from a beautiful AM round with some real positive thoughts.My lowest round this year of 86 (44-42).Just swinging my swing is working well this season.Not spectacular results off the tee or approach shots.But nice to know the ball will curve left to right most of the time.Really have a strong feeling about this season.

Happy Cinco De Mayo 

• Like 9

Keep it in the short stuff

Played only my 3 rd round of the year yesterday and shot an 82... missed every birdie chance I had which was frustrating cause they were all within 10-12 ft

• Like 4

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero (8.5* HZRDUS Smoke Shaft)

3-wood:  :adams-small:  Tight Lies 2 (15*) 

5-Wood:  :adams-small: Tight Lies 2 (19*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 5-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-3's 50* 54* and 58*

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  :srixon-small:  ZStar XV

Played with @Mr_Theoo today near Columbus. Pretty sloppy in spots with brutal, thick rough. Had a great time but didn't keep score, but I do know I strung together 4 or 5 pars and hit the ball pretty well. We played NorthStar Golf Club and I can't wait to get back there when it is dry - I thought it was a very nice course.

20190505_160159.thumb.jpg.b35bc71c0cefac71ae3ece7239e77b7b.jpg

• Like 8

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

Was supposed to play this afternoon but it was pouring at our scheduled tee time.

So we sat on my friend’s porch and had a cigar and a cocktail. The rain stopped, course was wet, we were game so we each grabbed 1 ball and a 7 iron - the goal - keep your ball. First hole 160 over water - 1st guy out.

2nd hole was a straight away 400 yard par 4 that I hit a full 7 - chipped the next shot to a bit short of the 150 - hit 7 on and 3 putted with it.

Next hole was 180 carry over a pond - I chipped around the pond - my opponent was not as successful - :)

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Alpha Distanza 40 weak R flex shaft

Tour Exotics EX 10 3 wood

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

45:45

First time playing the course. Should’ve shot low 80s but made a few dumb mistakes. Driving 3.5 hours and walking out onto course with no warm up will do that, I guess.

IMG_2613.PNG

• Like 4

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

2 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

Played with @Mr_Theoo today near Columbus. Pretty sloppy in spots with brutal, thick rough. Had a great time but didn't keep score, but I do know I strung together 4 or 5 pars and hit the ball pretty well. We played NorthStar Golf Club and I can't wait to get back there when it is dry - I thought it was a very nice course.

20190505_160159.thumb.jpg.b35bc71c0cefac71ae3ece7239e77b7b.jpg

Thanks again for making the trip down. Sorry it wasn’t drier but it was still great fun

• Like 4

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

2 hours ago, revkev said:

The rain stopped, course was wet, we were game so we each grabbed 1 ball and a 7 iron - the goal - keep your ball. First hole 160 over water - 1st guy out.

2nd hole was a straight away 400 yard par 4 that I hit a full 7 - chipped the next shot to a bit short of the 150 - hit 7 on and 3 putted with it.

Next hole was 180 carry over a pond - I chipped around the pond - my opponent was not as successful - 🙂

... Well played Rev. Pulled a David Simms on him huh?  I hope you like children, old people and dawgs. 😉

• Like 2

Driver:   Cobra Speedzone Xtreme 9* ... Tensei Pro Orange 60r
Fw wood: Cobra Speedzone 14.5* ... Atmos TS Blue 75s
Utility:   TaylorMade RBZ Tour Hy ... Matrix Altus 85 hy
Irons:    4-Gw Titleist T100-S ... Kuro Kage 105 Tini s-flex
              4-pw TaylorMade P760 ... Recoil Prototype 95 r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind /SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Recoil 110s
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5x

My game is in such a shambles. Brilliant for me for a few holes then head scratchers leaving me frazzled. Im blaming it on lack of range time. 1st  tourny of the year next week on a what is supposed to be tough course that I havent played before. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

DRIVER: Titleist 905R S 10.5

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha XS

Irons- Titleist 716 AP1 S 1/2 over 2 degrees upright

Vokey SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

93 (45/48) with 35 putts at Waikele Country Club. I haven't played there in over a year so I had to jog my memory a bit during the round. I did some good things, but also did some idiotic things. Despite the less than favorable shots, it was a beautiful day out so there's always that to fall back on 🤙🏽

• Like 5

TaylorMade SIM 9º | Project X HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 6.5
Ping G410 3W 14.5º | VA Composites Drago 75 X
Ping G410 3H 18º | KBS Tour Hybrid Proto 95 X
Srixon Z585/Z785 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X100
Cleveland RTX 4 50 Mid, 54 Mid
, 60 Full | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Evnroll ER5 | BGT Stability Tour
Bridgestone Tour B XS

93 (45/48) with 35 putts at Waikele Country Club. I haven't played there in over a year so I had to jog my memory a bit during the round. I did some good things, but also did some idiotic things. Despite the less than favorable shots, it was a beautiful day out so there's always that to fall back on 
Waikele is tough man, especially if there's a breeze, plays pretty long on those ones that are into the wind!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 3

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S

3w/5w: :callaway-small: XR16 Fujikura Speeder Evo 565 S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX 4 50.10 | 54.10 | 60.09 Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

38 minutes ago, yungkory said:

Waikele is tough man, especially if there's a breeze, plays pretty long on those ones that are into the wind!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

No doubt! The twilight rate is only $45 and it starts at 1 PM so I'll be playing there a lot more from here on out!

• Like 1

TaylorMade SIM 9º | Project X HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 6.5
Ping G410 3W 14.5º | VA Composites Drago 75 X
Ping G410 3H 18º | KBS Tour Hybrid Proto 95 X
Srixon Z585/Z785 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X100
Cleveland RTX 4 50 Mid, 54 Mid
, 60 Full | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Evnroll ER5 | BGT Stability Tour
Bridgestone Tour B XS

Working out the winter rust and swing kinks. 2 bad drives on par 4s, one mediocre one and the rest were all on my target line with one missed fairway. Greens were hard as a rock and nothing low was holding the green.

fairways were in rough shape which made approach shots and chipping/pitching interesting

41FF9757-D08A-4B8E-BE32-738379DC08C7.jpeg

• Like 3

Driver: Titleist 917D3 9.5 with Graphite Design MAD Pro 65g S

Wood: Titleist 917F2 with UST Mamiya Helium 5F4

Hybrid: Titleist 816H1 21 with Atmos Blue 85 S

Irons: Titleist 718 AP3 4i, 718 CB 5-6, MB 7-9 with KBS $ Taper 125

Wedges: Vokey SM7 46/50/54/60 with DG s200

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Played Saturday morning and Shot 80, only because I didn't feel like using my lower body on my first 9 holes. Was just a very boring and uneventful front 9 other than a gorgeous pitch in from about 30 yards for birdie.  I was pin high left of an elevated green in 3 on a par 5. Couldn't see the top of the flag stick. Had to flop it over a bunker and let it release and run down to the hole.

Drained it for birdie. 

On the back 9 I started swinging better but took an ugly double bogey on a par 3 after my tee shot plugged into the lip of a bunker. 

On 15-18 I had 4 birdie looks under 15 ft and only made one. 

Driver was $ all day 

• Like 6

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 Plus Ping 9* VA Nemesys 65FIVE
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* VA Vylyn 75FIVE
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 49 F - 54 S - 59 D
:mizuno-small: M Craft II
:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

SuperSpeed Forum Tester
Initial Driver Speed on Provided Monitor: 109 MPH

I tried to make tee times for this last weekend last Tuesday, but I forgot that my club had a two-day Member/Guest and on Saturday there were two other "party" tournaments.  One of the couples that we usually play with had a 9:06 tee time both days but they had to go to Seattle, so they gave it to us.  So, we were the group behind the Member/Guest and the group in front of the first "party" tournament.  Hello 5 hour round, and I almost got hit by golf balls 4 times; twice while waiting on the 2nd tee, one from the 1st tee and one from the 3rd tee.  Shot a lousy 84 with no birdies; my wife had 3 birdies and shot 86.

We decided to give up the 9:06 tee time on Sunday thinking we would wait until the Member/Guest was done.  As we drove to the parking lot, we could see the the last group of the Member/Guest players on #13.  Let's see... they teed off at 8:58 and it's 1pm and they are on #13... hmmm?  Teed off at 1:46 playing with 2 guys walking.  The group in front of us all played from the Blue tees, including a woman; all of them should have played from the Red tees.  I was -1 through the first 4 holes.  I had a career long drive on #3, the #1 HCP hole, of 252 yards, but managed only a par.  On the par 3 #4 playing 148y, I hit a 9i for a tap-in birdie.  Nothing but pars and bogeys to finish out a front nine 41.  Well... that took 2 hours and 45 minutes.  The two walkers were only playing nine holes, so we bagged it too.  Slow play on a beautiful sunny 82º day at a muni!!!!

• Like 3

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”