MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

Played from temp tees on Saturday so each hole was about 20 yds shorter than normal. Shot a 70 which of course doesn't count because of that. But more importantly I bought some Wilson Staff Duo golf balls for the low compression since it's cold here.

I can't believe how much better they feel off of the club face than the Pro V1x I normally play when it's cold.

I think they were even going further as I was using normal club distance as if it were summer and the ball was going about right.

Very impressed with how they performed given the conditions.

• Like 1

Duo's are OK, but this winter I tried the 3UP 2S14 and the Bridgestone Precept Lady and the Lady won out.  I like the yellow ones for the gray January days here.

Alright I know it's not the same here as there but one of the guys that I was playing with Sunday found a Lady Precept and used it on the back 9 - it was in the high 50's - he certainly picked up yardage with that ball - I went from being 15 to 20 yards past him to about 5 and on one hole he was past me.

I wouldn't change balls because rots of ruck trying to stop that ball on the greens we were playing (not a concern for him because to hit a green in regulation you actually have to hit the ball in the air somewhat straight) I would think it would be my choice if I lived up North and could sneak out in the winter or once it started to thaw in the early spring.

Duo's are OK, but this winter I tried the 3UP 2S14 and the Bridgestone Precept Lady and the Lady won out.  I like the yellow ones for the gray January days here.

I played the 3UP 2S14 while I was in Orlando last week and thought it played well off the tee.  Overall, my play in Orlando was pretty poor.  I usually put the ball in the fairway off the tee, but had NO short game to speak of.  I did manage to par the last two holes at Orange County National, so that's about the only consistency I managed in four rounds.  My last round had an entire "Snow-Family" on the card!

On the other hand, I played some beautiful courses with a great bunch of guys in Florida in January for my very first winter golf trip!  As far as I'm concerned, that's some pretty great golf ;)

• Like 1

Alright I know it's not the same here as there but one of the guys that I was playing with Sunday found a Lady Precept and used it on the back 9 - it was in the high 50's - he certainly picked up yardage with that ball - I went from being 15 to 20 yards past him to about 5 and on one hole he was past me.

I wouldn't change balls because rots of ruck trying to stop that ball on the greens we were playing (not a concern for him because to hit a green in regulation you actually have to hit the ball in the air somewhat straight) I would think it would be my choice if I lived up North and could sneak out in the winter or once it started to thaw in the early spring.

It's a good ball up here for this time of year because it's soft enough that it's not like hitting a rock; it flies pretty far at these temps; and it stops on the greens about as well as anything else, which isn't all that good!

I played the 3UP 2S14 while I was in Orlando last week and thought it played well off the tee.  Overall, my play in Orlando was pretty poor.  I usually put the ball in the fairway off the tee, but had NO short game to speak of.  I did manage to par the last two holes at Orange County National, so that's about the only consistency I managed in four rounds.  My last round had an entire "Snow-Family" on the card!

On the other hand, I played some beautiful courses with a great bunch of guys in Florida in January for my very first winter golf trip!  As far as I'm concerned, that's some pretty great golf ;)

I still have a few 3UP 2S14 balls that I will also use this time of the year. Not a whole lot of difference from the Lady. I got the Lady in Yellow because my wife likes the yellow Srixon Z-Star but it's too hard at these temps. She likes the Lady a lot. BTW, she walked 18 holes this last weekend and was +9. She had total knee replacement on Nov 19.

Glad you had a lot of fun and got to meet some great guys. I really wanted to go, but wasn't sure how well my wife was going to be able to get around without me. Turns out she really didn't need me.

I envy you Florida people so much.  I haven't hit balls in over a month, and I don't think i've played a full round in a long time.  I'm stuck here in DC with ice everywhere.

• Like 1

8 inches of snow fell here last night. Expecting 64F by weekend. There's hope...

I had a weird weekend. Played a tournament in the morning Saturday, won my flight. Stuck around and played another round after lunch, well into the darkness. It was my best round since picking golf back up after a hiatus during college. I hit wedge to about a foot to make birdie on 18 to shoot 68.

Fast forward to today and I play the worst round I've played since 2013. Shot 86 lol. I won't confirm whether I may or may not have been hungover but that would be no excuse. That used to be the only way I played back in the day. Golf is a very humbling game. So in short my best and worst rounds of the year came in the same weekend. I need a new hobby haha

I had a weird weekend. Played a tournament in the morning Saturday, won my flight. Stuck around and played another round after lunch, well into the darkness. It was my best round since picking golf back up after a hiatus during college. I hit wedge to about a foot to make birdie on 18 to shoot 68.

Fast forward to today and I play the worst round I've played since 2013. Shot 86 lol. I won't confirm whether I may or may not have been hungover but that would be no excuse. That used to be the only way I played back in the day. Golf is a very humbling game. So in short my best and worst rounds of the year came in the same weekend. I need a new hobby haha

Each week it seems like some pro shoots a very low round, and the next day has a miserable round. Can't remember who it was but someone shot a 61 on opening day and the missed the cut the next day.

So, way to play like a pro!! :)

• Like 1

Same thing happened to me. I played a PGA Tour stop earlier in the week and shot mid 70's from the tourney tees. Played at home yesterday and looked like I just learned to play. That's golf for you.

Played a full 18 by myself for almost 6 months at a new course on 3 hour sleep. It was not pretty. Shot 98 well over the mid to upper 80's I was tossing this time last year.

Since that time I've become a lot better driver, a terrible Iron player, and a weak putter. The complete 180 from last year.

I've already booked a tee time for Tuesday but thinking maybe I should play Monday as well. I've got the itch again to play a lot.

Okay played today with my college roommate and one of their friends, sorry Foz.

We had myself a 6, 10 and 18. We played off of my handicap a nice $5 Nasau plus post round drinks. Played off my ball and the 10 and I took on the other two guys. In Plaid Jacket's honor we had 1 call back and 1 mulligan per name per team.

My partner got called back on a chip in and I chipped in on top of him for birdie. That was on the front where we lost 1 down but won the press.

On the back we called back an eagle putt that turned into a 3 putt and we won 2 up, 1 up for the match plus the press on the back. That double Johnny Walker Blue tasted so good! ⛳✈

• Like 1

Played a few days ago and shot over 10 strokes better. Still can't hit an iron but putted lights out from 5 feet and under. My driver has been erratic though, some holes I kill it and others I'm putting it OB. Figures that as my irons slowly improve to mediocre my driving game would pick up the slack and screw me up.

Played at San Carlos in Ft Meyers yesterday. Out the gate with a 273 yard drive straight down the guts, 8 iron on the green and 1 putt for birdie. Ended up with a 41 on the front before the slide started.

Shot a 90 for the 18, which I was happy about considering I haven't played since October. The new iron and hybrids are fantastic!

• Like 1

Should've stayed home today. Got up late, left shoes at home got back to the course, still wasn't late. 2.5 hour frost delay. Started at 10:30 and 6 painstakingly frustrating hours later was finished. Slow groups led the pack and it stacked up. Hit a shot wait hit a shot wait... All day long. 2 groups at the tee box a few times. Just poorly managed day. Should've started half off the front and half off the back. Couldn't get in rhythm, shot an ugly score and left pissed.

Just had to play today! 70 and sunshine!! Woo Hoo! First time we have seen real sun for couple of weeks. Maybe it's coming your way back east!

My wife and I walked enjoying the weather. She had rt knee replaced Nov 19 and she is playing about 3 strokes better than before surgery.

I got a free 2-ball sleeve of the Callaway Chrome Soft balls, so thought I would try them out. I have never been fond of Callaway balls, but I could play this one. Nice feel off all clubs and worked well around the green. I even birdied a 200 yard par 3 that has an elevated green. I probably birdie that hole maybe 2-3 times a year. This was #2 and it's only Feb! Maybe this is going to be a great year.

• Like 1

YAAAAAAY!!!!!!

I get to post on "How'd you play". Because I finally got to play!

Shot a respectable 77 on a windy first day, on a course known for insanely stupid greens. 11 fairways, 13 greens and 36 putts.

For not playing in months, I'm pretty stoked for this year. As soon as I get the putts to start falling, I'm gonna be unstoppable. Bring it, Bones!

• Like 1

Play on Saturday, I've kind of decided that I need to have more fun, and try not to get so mad when it's not going good, and I've done pretty good, and Saturday was a good example of that, par on 1, and 9 on the front, par on 10, and birdie on 18. Everything in between was just that, ended with 90, and the thing was I didn't play that poorly. Chipping and putting was off horribly bad, 3 putted a few times, but chipping was awful. On a good note, one of the older guys that works at the course, and also the reigning club champion gave me some very helpful tips on the putting green before the round, so even though my putting was bad, it was actually much better, I just need to work with the tips I was given so it is more natural and less thought. I found myself thinking about the correction and forgot to think about the actual putt so I came up really short a lot, and a few I went way past, but the line was good and stroke was good, like is said I just need it to before natural and that will take some practice.