Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What Have You Bought Lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

hckymeyer

20 hours ago, jacobtwood said:

having not been into golf for long I picked up the cheapest muscle backs on marketplace to get me started, since then have picked up multiple wedges, a hybrid, a driver and some woods. stand out club in the bag though is my smith works 60 degree, the full face of grooves and the 10 degrees off bounce make it a dream to hit even for myself as an inexperienced high handicapper, it has beautiful weighting on it as well, this is brilliant as its just heavy enough that when chipping green side you get a beautiful feel for the ball. honourable mention is also my Callaway x2 hot 3 wood which is my go to fairway finder on any day, windy no worries can smash it low so easily, need to clear a tree of off the tee no worries. the control off of the face is impeccable.

Welcome to the forum!  

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

10 hours ago, Marlin Dave said:

received_10101981959349833.jpeg

received_10101981959025483.jpeg

Nice!  Concept driver?  

Any details on it?  I saw you said you didn't hit it well.  What shaft is on it currently?

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

10 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

That's pretty cool! I like how it has the adjustments for the gates. 

Although I will say that black panther in the background of your photo looks ominous. 🤣

Haha he is a little bit ominous at times! He's like a sour patch kid, sometimes he's sour sometime he's sweet lol.

Plan to do an unofficial review for this training tool once I've had time to practice with it more.

• Driver : :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS, 10.5° loft, MCA TENSEI AV White 65g, Stiff flex (44.5", Draw setting)
  • 3-Wood: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS, 15° loft, MCA TENSEI AV Blue 65g, Reg flex (42.25", tipped 0.5")
  • 3-Utility: :Sub70: 699 Pro V2 Utility Satin, 18° loft, :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 80g, 5.5 flex
  • Irons: :titleist-small: T200 6i-GW, 27°-48° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Stiff flex (+0.25”, 1° upright)
  • Wedges:  Indi FLX S-Grind, 52°/56°/60° lofts, Dynamic Gold Spinner 115g, Wedge flex
  • Putter:cobra-small: King Vintage Sport 60, SteelFiber P125 shaft (34"), :garsen: Quad Tour Taper grip
  • Bag: :cobra-small: Ultralight Pro, Ski Patrol/Black
  • Push Cart: :BagBoy: Nitron, Black/Red
  • Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V5 Shift

2023 MGS Forum Review: Sugar Golf Balls (Final Review Posted)
2023 MGS Forum Review: Sycamore 009 Mini Putter (Final Review Posted)
2024 Unofficial Review: The "Putting Thing" by WhyGolf

-TJ

On 2/8/2024 at 5:19 PM, Owengeorge13 said:

I’m going to find out all about the Mevo starting tomorrow…I’ll keep you posted.  2hrs to charge!  

IMG_3102.jpeg

How did you like it? Seems like a nice price to get some of the numbers most people would like to know. 

14 minutes ago, zayackylepga said:

How did you like it? Seems like a nice price to get some of the numbers most people would like to know. 

Big fan so far, using it again today.  It’s on sale and you can find 15% off codes.  I do wish it had a speed training mode on it.  I saw that it did swing speed and assumed there would be a way to speed track on it.  Still trying to figure out away to make that work. 

so far it’s been great to look at some numbers.  I haven’t used the stickers that go on the golf balls yet, but the numbers seem to be spot on.

🙃

20 hours ago, Marlin Dave said:

Ooohh I like it!!!! I think he has a $ stamp too maybe I could get the head stamped with the green fill???  Between putters, guns and watches I could open a mall

So oddly enough after you made this comment I got a pop up from some obscure grip company that makes a bunch of cool stuff. This one got ordered immediately

Screenshot_20240210_234248_Chrome.jpg

WITB

Driver is PING G430 MAX 10K 9° W/VENTUS BLACK 44.5"  TOUR VELVET GRIP

3 WOOD TAYLORMADE M2 15° W/ADDI BB TOUR VELVET GRIP

IRONS PING G410 4 AND 5 IRON W/X100 

IRONS 6-9 PING I200 W/X100 

WEDGES TITLEIST VOKEY SM8 48° CHROME

VOKEY 52°  56° AND 60 ALL IN CHROME FINISH WITH DYNAMIC GOLD AND MCC+4 GRIPS

SCOTTY CAMERON TOUR RAT GSS 350G MATADOR GRIP

SUN MOUNTAIN C-130 CART BAG NIKON LASER 

TITLEIST PRO V 1

11 hours ago, Josh Parker said:

Nice!  Concept driver?  

Any details on it?  I saw you said you didn't hit it well.  What shaft is on it currently?

Josh, It came with a Kuro Kage LE Tini 50. (S) which was super whippy and to me more like a SR flex it's advertised as a low spin head but my shot were to the moon and left  w.ith terrible spin rate of like 4200. I didn't have a shaft with a Titleist adapter around and wasn't going to make much  effort as I hated the feel and have no desire to compromise at all. Makes a cool thing to hang at the bar as they only made 1500 and you can't tell it ever been hit. So I think Taylormade and Titleist were gunning for a piece of that early PXG audience TM with their Tiger irons for 3500 bucks and Titleist with this thing for 1100 and I think they both realized that isn't their market

Screenshot_20240209_184202_Gallery.jpg

WITB

TITLEIST PRO V 1

34 minutes ago, Marlin Dave said:

So oddly enough after you made this comment I got a pop up from some obscure grip company that makes a bunch of cool stuff. This one got ordered immediately

Nice can’t wait to see the final look of the putter!

Play like a champion today!

11 hours ago, Marlin Dave said:

I have the Ohana from Sweet Rollz and really like it.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Well after getting another email flyer I pulled the trigger on 2 dozen Snell MTB Prime X. Even with shipping and tax it's $25/dozen. I really liked the pervious MTB-X, so the hope is that this is a very similar ball. Don't know if it will unseat my gamer, but still looking forward to it.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

Just Purchased a brand new set of Takomo 101 Irosn, played them two rounds already & love them, working on getting them fitted to me now, & will change the grips on them myself, it's something that i am getting into now, even offering to change them for friends or family. it's a fun side gig. 

5 hours ago, Fongle said:

My new irons finally arrived!

Bit tired after a very long day of work, so just hit the one bucket of balls, but they feel incredible so far. The MB's especially are just ridiculously pure, and it's crazy how easy they are to shape the ball. Was hitting fades, draws, high, low, straight on command and it felt effortless. I also love the 10 iron, for reasons I can't quite explain 😂

20240212_1848452.jpg.5f868075d404b84ee81be2fbe368154c.jpg

20240212_180047.jpg.5e432143328b6d2c12b1fe17ea6d668a.jpg

20240212_200314.jpg.af3622db279347300d306f876d3f63ba.jpg

This may sound weird to most if you seasoned golfers, but what is a "10 iron" ?  I've never heard of it before.  Is it just a substitute for the PW, but not called a wedge?

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Just now, Rob Person said:

This may sound weird to most if you seasoned golfers, but what is a "10 iron" ?  I've never heard of it before.  Is it just a substitute for the PW, but not called a wedge?

It is a PW. Calling a PW a 10 iron or a GW an 11 iron is popular with JDM clubs in Japan. Callaway has “borrowed” the naming convention for marketing purposes.

WITB:

D: :taylormade-small: QI-10 core 9* Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6x

3w: :taylormade-small: Brnr mini driver 13.5 S

3h: :ping-small: G430 19° Tour 2/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

5i-6i:  :srixon-small: ZX5 MKII Project X 6.0

7i-PW: :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII Project X 6.0

50°, 54° & 58°:   :ping-small: Glide Forged Pro

P:   :odyssey-small: White Hot Versa DW

Ball:  :bridgestone-small: Tour BX mindset

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

6 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BEN said:

It is a PW. Calling a PW a 10 iron or a GW an 11 iron is popular with JDM clubs in Japan. Callaway has “borrowed” the naming convention for marketing purposes.

Had a set of Harvey Penick irons that had 10 and 11 irons…always got some strange looks from people!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

In traditional golf terminology, there is no recognized club called a '10 iron.' Golf clubs are typically numbered from the driver (1 wood) to the wedges (pitching wedge, gap wedge, sand wedge, and lob wedge), with each number representing a different loft angle and distance potential. If someone mentions a '10 iron,' they may be using a non-standard or informal term, or possibly joking.

hope this helps! 

2 hours ago, TJ Hall said:

This is similar to the set that I had growing up…3-11, SW, LW

IMG_4638.webp.86f9b92ad17593cb899c43aed2062e97.webp

Nice!!!  

Depending on who you watch, follow, or listen to, they stop at a  9i , (some even stop at 8i too!)and switch to degrees of loft for club selection right down to before the putter. And perhaps this is the hardest part in wanting to even select newer clubs. 

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

3 hours ago, GolfSpy_BEN said:

I always thought it was the marketing department subtly showing their predilection for Spinal Tap.

When you were thinking about hitting 10 iron but feel that you need that extra bit of peak height and spin… these clubs go to 11.

PXG___0811 X 9* - Mitsubishi Diamana s60 Limited X
Cobra___S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
Adams___XTD Forged 3i - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
Adams___CMB 4-PW - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
KZG___Tri-Tour 50.08__54.10__58.12 - Accra iCWT 2.0-95i S
Nike___Method Converge B1-01 (copper insert)
Maxfli___'23 Tour X
"The most important shot in golf is the next one“

5 hours ago, Rob Person said:

When I first started golfing, my buddy brought up the elusive John Daly 0 Iron. I want one for reasons beyond me.

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 5h

5i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :titleist-small: 48°, 52°, 56°

Putter:  :cleveland-small: HB Soft 14

Ball: :odin:

9 minutes ago, johngschulz said:

I read Harvey Pennick’s Little Red Book annually! Always wondered how the irons were.

I really liked them…my dad put them together.  Started with just the odd irons with shorter shafts and then all once I got bigger.  They held up really well and really didn’t show any wear.  Had some Avon Chamois grips…first out they tore my hands up, at the end the LW was like a slick putter grip, but it still had superb tackiness to it.

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

13 hours ago, Fongle said:

My new irons finally arrived!

Bit tired after a very long day of work, so just hit the one bucket of balls, but they feel incredible so far. The MB's especially are just ridiculously pure, and it's crazy how easy they are to shape the ball. Was hitting fades, draws, high, low, straight on command and it felt effortless. I also love the 10 iron, for reasons I can't quite explain 😂

20240212_1848452.jpg.5f868075d404b84ee81be2fbe368154c.jpg

20240212_180047.jpg.5e432143328b6d2c12b1fe17ea6d668a.jpg

20240212_200314.jpg.af3622db279347300d306f876d3f63ba.jpg

So Callaway and I just never really jived with irons I had a set of CF16s that I just never really got?? Never liked the looks but they hit it out of the park with those!!! To me that's the best looking iron of the year right there!! 

WITB

TITLEIST PRO V 1

28 minutes ago, Marlin Dave said:

So Callaway and I just never really jived with irons I had a set of CF16s that I just never really got?? Never liked the looks but they hit it out of the park with those!!! To me that's the best looking iron of the year right there!! 

I will admit to being something of a long time fan of the Apex lineup, I had the original 2014 Apex Pros from when Callaway took over the name from Ben Hogan and they were incredible, and then had upgraded to the 2019's which were good, but didn't have the same level of feel. The moment I saw a leak of the new '24 CB irons in Adam Svenssons bag last July though, I knew I'd be trying these out the moment I could. Actually did do a fairly extensive fitting and tested irons from virtually every brand, but these ones just performed the best for me still 

Driver - :cobra-small: King SZ 1w 7.5° w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 110MSI 60x

Woods - :cobra-small:King SZ Big Tour 3w 13.5° w/ Fujikura Pro 65, King SZ 5w 20° w/ Tensei CK White 70

Driving Iron - :cobra-small: King Utility 2i 16° w/ Project X Hzrdus Black 85

Irons - :callaway-small: Apex '24 Combo set - 4i Pro, 5i-8i CB, 9i-10i MB w/ KBS Tour V 120 X-Stiff

Wedges - :callaway-small: MD5 Jaws 52° - S 10° grind, 56° - C 8° grind, 60° - C 8° grind w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner Tour Issue 115

Putter(s) - :odyssey-small: :callaway-small: :scotty-small: :titleist-small: :ping-small:  :nike-small: :wilson-small: O-Works 2 Ball Black, Big Bertha Warbird, Special Select Squareback 2.0, Red X2, Bullseye Original Flange SC, Bullseye Standard Flange SC, OG Bronze Anser, Method Midnight 007, R.Mendralla 8802

36 minutes ago, Fongle said:

I will admit to being something of a long time fan of the Apex lineup, I had the original 2014 Apex Pros from when Callaway took over the name from Ben Hogan and they were incredible, and then had upgraded to the 2019's which were good, but didn't have the same level of feel. The moment I saw a leak of the new '24 CB irons in Adam Svenssons bag last July though, I knew I'd be trying these out the moment I could. Actually did do a fairly extensive fitting and tested irons from virtually every brand, but these ones just performed the best for me still 

Yeah I just never really was a Callaway guy but I will be hitting these just to see if they feel like they look. My personal favorite all time driver was a Callaway. The original  GBB Epic not the flash just the GBB Epic was my favorite driver of any ive owned and it got stolen and when I went to get another I couldn't find one but that thing was lethal!!!

WITB

TITLEIST PRO V 1