Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What/How Did You Practice Today?

null

Went and touched base with my swing coach. Worked on my wedges again and some putting drills.

Getting a round in tomorrow evening.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

attachicon.gifIMG_1848.JPG

Backyard action. Wish I had a LM!!

Have you ever accidentally flopped one onto the neighbor's roof?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

Have you ever accidentally flopped one onto the neighbor's roof?

Not yet. Stay away from anything higher than 50 degree. That would be terrible. Apparently the property next door is $$$$. No one is ever there tough. Think it's like $18K/night on AirBnB. Gotta love Hawaii!

Not yet. Stay away from anything higher than 50 degree. That would be terrible. Apparently the property next door is $$$$. No one is ever there tough. Think it's like $18K/night on AirBnB. Gotta love Hawaii!

So... I'll bring over a case of beer and let's put some divots in your yard!!??!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Ooh boy. If that were the case, I would probably stay away from anything higher than 7i!

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

attachicon.gifIMG_1848.JPG

Backyard action. Wish I had a LM!!

what happened?  I thought the entire island was a lava flow and ppl were running for their lives??

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

I did play last Friday and in league Tuesday night. Snuck out of work early to hit balls before having to head back to preach at the graduation service this evening.

I had trouble with driver and decided to work on it. It was easily fixed, too. I had been playing around with the loft and had it two up. More spin, closed club face pretty quickly causes hooks for me.

Neutral setting was a nice straight ball or a hint of draw. Honestly I think I launch it just as high at that setting because i hit it in the sweet spot more frequently. Much better. :)

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Hit about 150 balls working on not getting hips open too early in the transition. First time swing a club in two weeks so had to battle tempo issues for a bit.

I love the extra distance I get when I'm not getting open quickly and able covering the ball. Also missed the feeling of flushing blades.

Forgot the phone st the house so was unable to get video or pics of the swing

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I spent some time pondering my game with the new F8's today, and selected 2 dozen Pro V1 “OP's” to take on my trip to Gatlinburg, TN on Saturday.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I spent some time pondering my game with the new F8's today, and selected 2 dozen Pro V1 “OP's” to take on my trip to Gatlinburg, TN on Saturday.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Do you drive through the park when you go or take the interstate? That's a spectacular drive! We love Gatlinburg

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I took my 12yo to the range today to get in some more work with the C300s. I tried to ease up on my tempo a bit and got much better results - more consistent contact and I'm still hitting a straight draw. Opening the clubface ever so slightly at address helped, but it's still something to work on.

My driver is hot garbage, though. Just dreadful. I didn't hit a single good drive at all. Extremely frustrating. Especially watching my son hit dead straight 180 yard shots with his. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

I took my 12yo to the range today to get in some more work with the C300s. I tried to ease up on my tempo a bit and got much better results - more consistent contact and I'm still hitting a straight draw. Opening the clubface ever so slightly at address helped, but it's still something to work on.

My driver is hot garbage, though. Just dreadful. I didn't hit a single good drive at all. Extremely frustrating. Especially watching my son hit dead straight 180 yard shots with his.

saw my buddy at the range and he did something similar. Instead of opening the club face to hit draws.He was opening the face of the club mid way down in downswing.Maybe just a feel, but was really smacking it with a nice draw

Keep it in the short stuff

I I'm still hitting a straight draw. Opening the clubface ever so slightly at address helped, but it's still something to work on.

Alignment issue? Are you using something to check this during your range sessions.

I really want to get out and try mine more, but apparently this week will be rainy

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Alignment issue? Are you using something to check this during your range sessions.

I really want to get out and try mine more, but apparently this week will be rainy

Funny you mention this. I put an alignment stick on the ground this morning to help visualize an in to out path, based on notes I have from my lessons. And wouldn't you know - beautiful high shots right towards the target for the most part. Sometimes after a long New England winter my mind and body "forget" what I need to do. I should've consulted my phone notes much earlier, and saved myself the frustration. I ended up with better shots and much more shallow divots. 

Same feel worked wonders for the driver, too. That felt nice after hot garbage on the course last Friday. 

Went to the range during lunch today and hit balls for the first time since my surgery.  Body felt absolutely great and I had absolutely no limitations.

Apparently I should take 3 weeks off more often because I was striping everything.  Cannot wait to get on the course soon.

Also started chatting with a dude next to me on the range that I have seen there several times before.  We talked about equipment and fittings.  I told him about MGS and I hope he joins.  We exchanged numbers as he left and look to tee it up together in the near future.

Spent some time at MGS headquarters on their GCQuad testing my Wilson C300s vs my X Hot Pros.  Hit a bunch of 6 irons to see how they compared.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Spent some time at MGS headquarters on their GCQuad testing my Wilson C300s vs my X Hot Pros. Hit a bunch of 6 irons to see how they compared.

Nice! That would be an awesome thing to get to do with my G400 and my Cleveland Hi-Bore. I'll be going by next week......

Sent from my XT1585 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

Worked on my irons on Friday - hit everything from GW - 6 iron.

Chipping and putting during a work break today at the practice area of the course I will be playing on Tuesday.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Hit a bucket concentrating on my left wrist and right index finger “pad”/knuckle at impact. I'm finding that making this my focus has greatly improved my ball striking, and thereby distance/accuracy. Plus, it's helping me keep my lower body more stable by having a focus point.

Practiced my chipping and putting for 30 minutes after. Putting focus is currently getting the ball to finish PAST the hole. I sank more putts today because I was actually getting the ball ALL the way to the hole!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

It was too nice out this morning to make it to the office exactly on time so I hit the range and putting green. Irons and woods were hit or miss, I'd send 5 balls right to the target with great flight, then I'd hit 3 worm burners or low thinned shots. It got better as things went on.

I worked a lot on my lag putting too. I'm not close to being good enough to pin hunt so I have a lot of longer putts. So I spent time on speed and aim, just trying to get the ball within a 2 foot radius of the hole. 

Yesterday was working on target practice with punch shots. Then played some putting games trying to create pressure to make the putt and be able to deal with the “nerves” of making a putt

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

Short game yesterday at the course I was supposed to play today. Got there and was rained out (it never rained at my work 5 miles away - not a drop). Called my club and no rain there.

I wouldn't dare ask them to accommodate my league, but I did go there to practice. When I arrived I discovered that I had forgotten my shoes. So I hit balls in my casual dress shoes. Hit everything from wedge to driver, 3 to 10 balls with each club. (All well except some 6 irons and a couple of 3 woods) Pulled my 52 and peppered the target with it.

Then alternated 5 or 6 between driver and 7 iron. I was pouring those.

Good session - weight loss continues to help my swing.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Instead of practicing on the range I intend to play the par 3 course on my way home from work on Friday

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I got in a good solid hour on a nearly deserted practice range this morning before work. My driver is getting much straighter, and irons were very solid.

My sand game... eh not so much but that's always been a major weakness for me. Chipping was very good, I'm getting a lot more comfortable with an open face to use more of the bounce.