2 Weeks Remaining: MODERATOR WANTED Join the MyGolfSpy Staff! Read more... ×
GolfSpy Dave

From The Bar! The new place for all things related to adult beverages.

Welcome to the new From the Bar section of the mygolfspy forum.

Here we will be able to discuss all things related to beer, spirits, and wine; both on and off the course.

We are living in a pretty amazing time when it comes to alcoholic beverages. The craft beer industry has exploded in recent years, with craft spirits, and small vineyard wines just behind.

From local favorites, to emerging national brands, there are a ton of choices these days. This will be our place to explore these choices.

In addition to discussing the beverages themselves, we will also be looking into the key pieces of beverage gear that will help you take and enjoy your favorites on the course. No one looks forward to warm swing lube on the 12th hole!

We've got to have the right equipment for our games. for all aspects of our games.

Keep an eye out for new and interesting content as we expand our coverage of beverages, and the 19th Hole content in general.

Cheers to you fellow MGSers!

• Like 5

Cool with me. Not to sound like an old prude but you will not hear much from me there. Nothing at all wrong with you guys doing that carry on. I quit drinking about 8 years or so now but I will have a beer every now and then here at the house. No hard stuff for me at all. And I am not offended in any shape or form. 

I can probably contribute though from my past

• Like 7

Im a bourbon guy. Whiskey is fine too. My wif eloves a good beer so I have some experience with those as well. The spicy brown water is always good to me! 

• Like 1

Sounds like a good time to me! I always enjoy seeing the beers you post on twitter and IG.

• Like 1

Probably will be interesting. I'm not much of a drinker really. I'll have a cold beer occasionally after a round or on the weekend sometimes.

But like Stu... if beer and liquor is your thing....get after it. Hoist one for ole Plaid. Cheers.

• Like 1

I'm all in. I'm an expert on all evil vices.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

I'm all in. I'm an expert on all evil vices.

I've done extensive testing in most of them :)

• Like 3

Glad this thread has come a long. I was on a beer frenzy for lil while but life got in the way. Gonna have to catch that bug again to find the perfect beer for me, no matter how much I have to go through!

Tazz

• Like 2

Im a bourbon guy. Whiskey is fine too. My wif eloves a good beer so I have some experience with those as well. The spicy brown water is always good to me! 

Bourbon IS whisk(e)y. All Bourbon is whisk(e)y.... not all whisk(e)y is Bourbon.

To be Bourbon, it must be made in the USA. It must be aged in new, charred, oak barrels (almost exclusively White Oak). It must be aged no less than two years to be Straight Bourbon. It must be at least 51% corn. It must be distilled at 160 proof or less. It must go in the barrel at 125 proof or less. It cannot contain any additives or flavoring.

Scotch.............. later...lol.

• Like 1

The local bar I frequent just discontinued Iron Horse Irish Death, a dark smooth ale that is my go-to beverage after golf.  It was replaced with an IPA which is not really my cup of hops.  No other dark beer on tap.   :(  

I brew my own beer and vint my own wine, does that count?

• Like 1

For the bourbon drinkers, if you have not tried it, bourbon and Mt. Dew. Country people call it Mt. Hollar. City people who use Jack Daniel's call it Jack-a-Dew.

Sent from my SM-G920V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 3

go on........

Well, I now all grain brew, having started using extracts about 10 years ago. Just recently I bought a grain mill, so now I can buy my base grains in bulk and crush them as needed.

The house beer is a James Squire Golden Ale clone call Dr Smurto's Golden Ale. It is apparently one of the most commonly home brewed beer back home. I brew a Vanilla Porter, which is very tasty. I also brew a Summer Ale for the wife...she likes putting the lime or whatever in it.

The wine, I do from kits, using 16 litres of juice...those take a lot of time with a minimum of 5 months or so before they're ready to drink. I usually do a Riesling for the white and a Pinot Noir for the red.

This is the beer fridge.

FB_IMG_1482022968791_zpsog8swdzf.jpg

• Like 4

For the bourbon drinkers, if you have not tried it, bourbon and Mt. Dew. Country people call it Mt. Hollar. City people who use Jack Daniel's call it Jack-a-Dew.

Sent from my SM-G920V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Never thought of mixing those but I do like both, so I'll give it a try :)