Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Don't Like Patrick? (Reed Haters)

Sluggo42

No love for a man-child who keeps his kid away from its grandparents. No excuse for that.

Sent from my SM-N950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I can't hold that against him since I have no idea on how his parents have treated him and his family over the years. He may be keeping his kids away for their own protection. He and his parents clearly have a what would be called a disfuntional relationship.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

want to like Patrick.... I really do.... but he makes it very hard.

I like his take no prisoners underdog attitude but he may end up being one of the least popular Masters winners ever...which is a shame because he's a great golfer and dominated that course.

I love the way he plays golf, how he swings the clubs.

It's hard to separate the personal from the professional in athletes but I think in this case it is really important.  He's a phenomenal athlete....I'll leave it up to you to form your own opinion on the personal stuff but I like him (or want to) for the athlete he is - that's it.

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

I want to like Patrick.... I really do.... but he makes it very hard.

I like his take no prisoners underdog attitude but he may end up being one of the least popular Masters winners ever...which is a shame because he's a great golfer and dominated that course.

I love the way he plays golf, how he swings the clubs.

It's hard to separate the personal from the professional in athletes but I think in this case it is really important. He's a phenomenal athlete....I'll leave it up to you to form your own opinion on the personal stuff but I like him (or want to) for the athlete he is - that's it.

So are you a Tiger fan or no?

It's hard to separate the personal from the professional in athletes but I think in this case it is really important.  He's a phenomenal athlete....I'll leave it up to you to form your own opinion on the personal stuff but I like him (or want to) for the athlete he is - that's it.

Kinda like Tiger???

Tiger never had any underdog going on. Ever.

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

I like both Tiger and Patrick. I think a little controversy stirs the pot and creates a buzz which leads to more viewers. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Me ... yeah, I like Tiger... I grew up watching him dominate golf courses and the field.  There were many weeks where you could bet someone "Tiger" or "the field" and not too many people would take the field.

I certainly don't approve of all that off-course stuff but - again - I don't let that determine whether I think he is an amazing athlete that was as important to golf as Jordan was to bball or Ali was to boxing... he transcended the sport.

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

Kinda like Tiger???

Yep.... kinda like that.  

But you can also look at many many athletes in other sports and find character issues; I don't look at athletes as role models and I don't ask my kids to.  They just have a different type of job.

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

Tiger never had any underdog going on. Ever.

What???  seriously???  you know he's black, right?

how is that NOT automatically an 'underdog' in a sport that is dominated by white men?

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

Well, I thought we were talking about his playing. And his attitude compared to Patrick Reed's "underdog" attitude. Not to mention, said sport certainly wasn't "dominated" by white men for long after he showed up.

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

Me ... yeah, I like Tiger... I grew up watching him dominate golf courses and the field. There were many weeks where you could bet someone "Tiger" or "the field" and not too many people would take the field.

I certainly don't approve of all that off-course stuff but - again - I don't let that determine whether I think he is an amazing athlete that was as important to golf as Jordan was to bball or Ali was to boxing... he transcended the sport.

My point there was that you have one golfer who has pretty much kept his private life private (Reed), and folks saying they don't like him because of somethings he's been accused of.

Then on the other side, Tiger who has done some pretty low down stuff that has been proven, not just accusations, and not stuff done as a stupid 19 year old. Yet all of that is forgiven and he's the greatest golfer ever. I just don't get the double standard by some on how they don't like one guy for something, then say they like a different guy and he has done the same thing.

Seems to me if you don't like one for for his off the course private life, how can one excuse it for another in the same profession.

What would make sense to me is that people just don't like the guy, don't use the excuse of “there were things in his past”. If that were truly the case we couldn't like very many people.

My point there was that you have one golfer who has pretty much kept his private life private (Reed), and folks saying they don't like him because of somethings he's been accused of.

Then on the other side, Tiger who has done some pretty low down stuff that has been proven, not just accusations, and not stuff done as a stupid 19 year old. Yet all of that is forgiven and he's the greatest golfer ever. I just don't get the double standard by some on how they don't like one guy for something, then say they like a different guy and he has done the same thing.

Seems to me if you don't like one for for his off the course private life, how can one excuse it for another in the same profession.

What would make sense to me is that people just don't like the guy, don't use the excuse of “there were things in his past”. If that were truly the case we couldn't like very many people.

Yeah...I hear ya....and - just personally - I think both guys have some off course issues that don't change my feelings towards them.  They can certainly do something super egregious which would change my opinion but I'm purely considering the way they play golf....  Again; hard to separate sometimes but that's just me.

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

• 4 months later...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnFZcMJh3xW/?utm_source=ig_embed&utm_campaign=embed_loading_state_control

preedgolfThank you @pgatour for the tickets to the @RedSox game tonight. I love how you put my wife, sister in law and myself in the line drive section. We paid $650 to upgrade our seats and ended up in the same section as the rest of the @PGATOUR#frontrow

Spend a month with starving and diseased riddle war torn people in Syria, Patrick.  Total cluelessness as to how spoiled and out of touch with reality this dude is.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

Huh? Pretty sure he is simply saying The PGA Tour gave him different seating arrangement than his fellow tour members and he had to pay extra to sit with his fellow tour members.

Your comments and just so bizarre sometimes.

Let me spell it out for you there, Captain:

• The PGA Tour gave him FREE tickets to this game.
  • He is complaining because those FREE seats were in the "line drive section", which means he was close enough to scare the players.
  • Instead of being happy with his free tickets, he bought his own tickets, and then complained about it on social media.

If that doesn't scream spoiled and first world clueless, I don't know what does.

Let me spell it out for you there, Captain:

• The PGA Tour gave him FREE tickets to this game.
  • He is complaining because those FREE seats were in the "line drive section", which means he was close enough to scare the players.
  • Instead of being happy with his free tickets, he bought his own tickets, and then complained about it on social media.

If that doesn't scream spoiled and first world clueless, I don't know what does.

So companlaining that the tour got them tickets in an area where his and other kids could be hit by a ball makes him bad. Got it.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I watched his interview with Feherty and Reed seems like a pretty decent guy to me and a good family man.   But he is a professional sports figure, a public figure, a celebrity.   That kitchen comes with a certain kind of heat.   Every thing you do and every word you say will be analyzed and judgments made.   Heck, if I were a professional sports figure or public figure of some sort, those gossip papers at the checkout counters probably would be the size of a hard copy of the NYC phone book.   I'm human and I've been know to speak out of emotion and have taken actions that were not very smart.

And they are weren't with the rest of the PGA tour families who were given tickets

It's funny how some get treated by the “fans” regardless of what they do.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

social media can be great for some (Phil's new twitter account)...

and not so great for others (PReed)

... I've been to many Red Sox games...many.... I have no idea what a "line drive section" is... anyone who has been to Fenway - can you explain that one to me?

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

social media can be great for some (Phil's new twitter account)...

and not so great for others (PReed)

... I've been to many Red Sox games...many.... I have no idea what a "line drive section" is... anyone who has been to Fenway - can you explain that one to me?

It's the same area as any other ball park, usually right behind the dugouts or in that vicinity down either baseline. It's the area where foul ball line drives typically end up. It's likely that the rest of the tour players were seated around the home plate area and were protected by the nets that have been put up in that area.

It's the same area as any other ball park, usually right behind the dugouts or in that vicinity down either baseline. It's the area where foul ball line drives typically end up. It's likely that the rest of the tour players were seated around the home plate area and were protected by the nets that have been put up in that area.

so if that's the case then those aren't "line drives" that's foul territory...and anyone who has EVER been to a major league game sitting in the first few rows on the 1st and 3rd base lines KNOW to pay attention to the game.  

In Fenway I've sat in all 3 areas and there is a huge net behind home - no chance of a ball coming there - there are now BIG nets down each baseline that extend pretty far ... 90 percent of the time the fouls going to 1st/3rd are pop ups.... at least at Fenway.

Reed should just shut his trap and stick to golf.  It doesn't look good for rich guys to be complaining about freebies...ever.  They should have had to buy tix just like everyone else does.  

I'm with whoever else said it - I bet the players going to the game asked, specifically, that he not be with them. My understanding is he is one of the bigger a-holes on tour but that's based on the 15 or 20 pieces I've read about him...what do I know.

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

If you bash Reed now, don't come back during the Ryder Cup singing his praises when Captain America shows up!

https://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/2018/08/30/patrick-reed-red-sox-tickets/

Tell that to Twitter and Golf.com

So companlaining that the tour got them tickets in an area where his and other kids could be hit by a ball makes him bad. Got it.

https://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/2018/08/30/patrick-reed-red-sox-tickets/

Archived