Sluggo42

NFL thread! What are you thinking?

Our Sponsors

It didn't take this long to send a message to Burfict. He's been fined over $5 million dollars and suspended 4 times for his transgressions. He's a repeat offender to the nth degree.

The Jones hit hasn't been ignored. It will be reviewed for a potential fine but it didn't in any way meet the standard for ejection or suspension.

[/url]

Player reputation matters here as well. Would you be okay with someone receiving the same prison sentence for committing manslaughter as a serial killer does for committing first degree murder?

Jones did everything within the rules. He led with his shoulder, he turned as contact came, he didn't launch into him. Reviewing the film, Allen knows he's there and lowers his body preparing for the contact, which is part of what resulted in the helmet to helmet contact. I've linked a tweet below with an angle of the hit demonstrating this.

Again, it's unfortunate that Allen was hurt to that level but suggesting that Jones should receive the same level of punishment as Burfict is a total stretch.

It didn't take this long to send a message to Burfict. He's been fined over $5 million dollars and suspended 4 times for his transgressions. He's a repeat offender to the nth degree.

The Jones hit hasn't been ignored. It will be reviewed for a potential fine but it didn't in any way meet the standard for ejection or suspension.

[/url]

Player reputation matters here as well. Would you be okay with someone receiving the same prison sentence for committing manslaughter as a serial killer does for committing first degree murder?

Jones did everything within the rules. He led with his shoulder, he turned as contact came, he didn't launch into him. Reviewing the film, Allen knows he's there and lowers his body preparing for the contact, which is part of what resulted in the helmet to helmet contact. I've linked a tweet below with an angle of the hit demonstrating this.

Again, it's unfortunate that Allen was hurt to that level but suggesting that Jones should receive the same level of punishment as Burfict is a total stretch.

I never said he should receive the same punishment. It’s a shame that nearly the same hit yields no penalty or fine.

• PING G400 LST 8.5 Evenflow Black 65g 6.5
  • PING G 3W HZRDUS Yellow 75g 6.0
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Maltby TS1 4-G Nippon Modus3 120S
  • Maltby TSW 52 Nippon Modus Wedge
  • Maltby TSW 58 Nippon Modus Wedge
  • Bettinardi BB8 Wide 2020
  • Oncore Elixr

Currently testing the Ben Hogan PTx Combo irons https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/38486-2020-official-member-review-ben-hogan-icon-ptx-proicon-combo-irons/

Rochester, NY

4.3 Index

Again, it's not even remotely the same hit and Jones is still up for a fine. Fines aren't typically announced until after the week of games is over so if he does receive one it will be probably be announced on Tuesday. He also did receive a penalty during the game for the hit, though it was effectively negated due to an offensive holding penalty that offset the flag he received for the hit.

I never said he should receive the same punishment. It’s a shame that nearly the same hit yields no penalty or fine.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Again, it's not even remotely the same hit and Jones is still up for a fine. Fines aren't typically announced until after the week of games is over so if he does receive one it will be probably be announced on Tuesday. He also did receive a penalty during the game for the hit, though it was effectively negated due to an offensive holding penalty that offset the flag he received for the hit.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Whatever man. I’m not going ten rounds with this.

Night

• Oncore Elixr

Currently testing the Ben Hogan PTx Combo irons https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/38486-2020-official-member-review-ben-hogan-icon-ptx-proicon-combo-irons/

Rochester, NY

4.3 Index

My opinion, Burfict's suspension was warranted and very much earned.  He has been asking for a more severe punishment since his career began. 

Jones should have been ejected without question.  Targeting is targeting and to celebrate afterward shows a distinct level of callousness that warrants further discipline.  For the NFL to preach player safety and do nothing in light of Jones' hit on Allen is in-and-of-itself....callous!

Just my opinion.

• Like 1

Yeah, but the guy in the crowd kinda deserved it

• Like 1

• Oncore Elixr

Rochester, NY

4.3 Index

Rex Ryan has always been a big mouth and every once and a while he’s on the right side of history.

I do believe Mayfield had very high expectations set not only by the NFL (it’s scheduling for the Browns this season) and it’s characters, but by he himself.

I hate to say it but I tend to agree with Rex that he isn’t what everyone is hyping up to be.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Oncore Elixr

Rochester, NY

4.3 Index

6 minutes ago, bens197 said:

I do believe Mayfield had very high expectations set not only by the NFL (it’s scheduling for the Browns this season) and it’s characters, but by he himself.

I hate to say it but I tend to agree with Rex that he isn’t what everyone is hyping up to be.

... Who is? So many busts at QB when drafted in the 1st round and even 1st in the draft. For every Peyton Manning/Andrew Luck that are exactly who many thought they would be, there are 10x's as many busts and many more that while serviceable NFL QB's, do not live up to the hype.

Jarad Goff (1)
Jamis Winston (1)
Sam Bradford (1)
Alex Smith (1)
David Carr (1)
Tim Couch (1)
JaMarcus Russell (1)
Mitch Trubisky (2)
Marcus Mariota (2)
Robert Griffin III (2)
Blake Bortles (3)
Vince Young (3)
Joey Harrington (3)
Mark Sanchez (5)
Ryan Tannehill
Johnny Manziel
Jake Locker
Blaine Gabbert 
Josh Freeman
Brady Quinn 
Matt Leinart
Jason Campbell
JP Losman
Byron Leftwich
Kyle Boller
Rex Grossman
EJ Manuel
Tim Tebow
Paxton Lynch
Christian Ponder
Brandon Weden 

• Like 5

Driver:   Cobra Speedzone Xtreme 9* ... Tensei Pro Orange 60r
Fw wood: Cobra Speedzone 14.5* ... Atmos TS Blue 75s
Utility:   TaylorMade RBZ Tour Hy ... Matrix Altus 85 hy
Irons:    4-Gw Titleist T100-S ... Kuro Kage 105 Tini s-flex
              4-pw TaylorMade P760 ... Recoil Prototype 95 r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind /SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Recoil 110s
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5x

... Who is? So many busts at QB when drafted in the 1st round and even 1st in the draft. For every Peyton Manning/Andrew Luck that are exactly who many thought they would be, there are 10x's as many busts and many more that while serviceable NFL QB's, do not live up to the hype.

Jarad Goff (1)
Jamis Winston (1)
Sam Bradford (1)
Alex Smith (1)
David Carr (1)
Tim Couch (1)
JaMarcus Russell (1)
Mitch Trubisky (2)
Marcus Mariota (2)
Robert Griffin III (2)
Blake Bortles (3)
Vince Young (3)
Joey Harrington (3)
Mark Sanchez (5)
Ryan Tannehill
Johnny Manziel
Jake Locker
Blaine Gabbert 
Josh Freeman
Brady Quinn 
Matt Leinart
Jason Campbell
JP Losman
Byron Leftwich
Kyle Boller
Rex Grossman
EJ Manuel
Tim Tebow
Paxton Lynch
Christian Ponder
Brandon Weden 

I love that you included EJ in that list...he is a big reason why Doug Whaley is now in the XFL.

• Like 1

• Oncore Elixr

Rochester, NY

4.3 Index

Big game for Seahawks Thursday nite against the Rams, who suddenly aren’t as scary as they seemed a week ago... but still scary

• Like 2

Currently testing for review:

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi

:ping-small: G400 LSTec driver 10° on Aldila X-Torsion Stiff

:callaway-small: 816 Alpha 3-wood 15° On Aldila Rogue Stiff

:callaway-small: 815 GBB Alpha hybrid 19° On Fujikura Speeder 865 Stiff

:benhogan-small: Ptx Pro 5-P irons on KBS Tour V 110 S

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on recoil 780 StifF

:EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 8:57 PM, Sluggo42 said:

Big game for Seahawks Thursday nite against the Rams, who suddenly aren’t as scary as they seemed a week ago... but still scary

As a lifelong 'Hawks fan and a proud 12.. I do not think they have the secondary to be a real threat. That being said they can beat the Rams, but it will be a fight.

Go 'Hawks...

• Like 1

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Cobra F8+ Driver Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedges 54* and 58* versatile grind

Snake eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

It's a battle to see who is the worst team in the NFL ... Redskins or Dolphins?  And they play each other in a few weeks too.  That should have the worst rating possibly ever with viewership.  LOL 

• Like 2

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:   :titelist-small:  TS2 9.5* UST ATTAS COOOL 

Fairways  :titelist-small: HZRDUS Smoke 13.5*

Driving Iron:  :titelist-small: U500 17* UST V2

Irons  :titelist-small: T300 4 & 5 iron, T200 6 - W Project X Catalyst 100cw

Wedges  :vokey-small: SM7 48*, 52*, 56*

Putter  :cameron-small:  Newport  

Ball  :titelist-small: 2020 AVX

On 10/1/2019 at 2:22 PM, bens197 said:

I love that you included EJ in that list...he is a big reason why Doug Whaley is now in the XFL.

... I have said this before, but the starting QB at ECU in the early 70's played for the Giants. He asked me how much harder I thought it was to play college QB compared to high school and I said 10 times harder and he agreed. Then he asked me how much harder from college to the NFL? I figured twice as hard and said 20 times? He said no, 100 times harder. Throws you have made successfully your entire life are now picked off. CB's actually bait you into making throws that look open but they can turn their hips quickly and close so fast they either knock it down or pick it off. Then you start to hesitate and once you start doing that you are done. You cannot play the position at the highest level with ANY hesitancy or you will be sacked or have your open WR's windows close. And that doesn't even take into account shifting defenses that are hard to read because they change at the snap. 2 LB's or a CB lined up in a blitz that drop into coverage. I think this is the reason you see so many good college QB's fail at the next level.

... It takes strong and mentally tough player to overcome the learning curve and maintain their confidence. Perfect example is Blaine Gabbert. Coming out of college I thought he was as close to a can't miss as possible without being a Manning or Luck. But he started getting picked and begin to hesitate and then just got killed in the pocket holding the ball too long. You could see his confidence slowly but surely eroding til he looked nothing like the bold college QB with a lightening quick release and fast decision maker. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I have said this before, but the starting QB at ECU in the early 70's played for the Giants. He asked me how much harder I thought it was to play college QB compared to high school and I said 10 times harder and he agreed. Then he asked me how much harder from college to the NFL? I figured twice as hard and said 20 times? He said no, 100 times harder. Throws you have made successfully your entire life are now picked off. CB's actually bait you into making throws that look open but they can turn their hips quickly and close so fast they either knock it down or pick it off. Then you start to hesitate and once you start doing that you are done. You cannot play the position at the highest level with ANY hesitancy or you will be sacked or have your open WR's windows close. And that doesn't even take into account shifting defenses that are hard to read because they change at the snap. 2 LB's or a CB lined up in a blitz that drop into coverage. I think this is the reason you see so many good college QB's fail at the next level.

... It takes strong and mentally tough player to overcome the learning curve and maintain their confidence. Perfect example is Blaine Gabbert. Coming out of college I thought he was as close to a can't miss as possible without being a Manning or Luck. But he started getting picked and begin to hesitate and then just got killed in the pocket holding the ball too long. You could see his confidence slowly but surely eroding til he looked nothing like the bold college QB with a lightening quick release and fast decision maker. 

Bingo.

A receiver that is "open" in NFL would be considered covered in college.  Haskins missed a throw on the goaline against the Giants.  His receiver was open by about a step and he overthrew him.  The announcer said "Haskins has to make that throw, because that is WIDE OPEN in the NFL"

• Like 1

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 LST Ping 9* LST VA Nemesys 65FIVE
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* VA Vylyn 75FIVE
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 49 F - 54 S - 59 D
:mizuno-small: M Craft II
:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

SuperSpeed Forum Tester
Initial Driver Speed on Provided Monitor: 109 MPH

... Yup QB is by far the most difficult position to play combining physical and mental requirements. The difference between great and bad in the NFL is almost razor thin and why there are so many misses when drafting a QB out of college. 

• Like 1

...which makes Tom Brady not only the greatest QB ever but probably the greatest football player in history...

• Like 1

StrokerAce
:cobra-small:  Speedzone Xtreme 
:cobra-small:  King F7 3w Fujikara 
:titelist-small:  816 H1 21 Diamana red
--------------------------
:srixon-small: Z785 4-A KBS tour 120 
:cleveland-small:  RTX Zipcore 54/58 
:cleveland-small: S.O.F.T. #1
:918457628_PrecisionPro: nx7 pro rangefinder
:1590477705_SunMountain:  C130 cart bag
:Arccos: Stat tracking

Franklin, MA; Right Handed; 10
"the club face sends it, the path bends it..."

6 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

...which makes Tom Brady not only the greatest QB ever but probably the greatest football player in history...

... Given Brady's obvious physical limitations, it is hard to argue with that. But Mahomes is on the horizon. 

• Like 1

Just now, chisag said:

... Given Brady's obvious physical limitations, it is hard to argue with that. But Mahomes is on the horizon. 

HAHAHAHAHAHA.... Mahomes 'on the horizon' in his second year in the league ?

Now that is funny.

If, according to your logic, QB play is exceedingly demanding both physically and mentally there are many QBs who are much stronger than Brady but hard to think of one that has the ability to read any defense and place the ball exactly where it needs to be.... if this is what you mean by 'physical limitations' - okay, that's fair.  He's not beating anyone in a foot race.  haha

StrokerAce
:cobra-small:  Speedzone Xtreme 
:cobra-small:  King F7 3w Fujikara 
:titelist-small:  816 H1 21 Diamana red
:srixon-small: Z785 4-A KBS tour 120 
:cleveland-small:  RTX Zipcore 54/58 
:cleveland-small: S.O.F.T. #1
:918457628_PrecisionPro: nx7 pro rangefinder
:1590477705_SunMountain:  C130 cart bag
:Arccos: Stat tracking

Franklin, MA; Right Handed; 10
"the club face sends it, the path bends it..."

On The Horizon - becoming apparent

... Key word becoming, but if it isn't becoming apparent to you, you are wearing blinders. I have never seen anything like Mahomes. His poise and field awareness for a 2nd year QB is just off the charts. And he might be the most gifted pure passer I have ever seen. Looooong way to go but he is already in a category all by himself. 

• Like 2