Kor.A.Door

D v D 2

4 hours ago, JohnSmalls said:

I was looking for him but wasn't sure whether or not I saw him in this episode.  Definitely recognized that hitting bay in the preview for episode 4.   This show is heating up.  I am to the point where I anticipate the new episode of DVD 2 more than Better Call Saul.

I'm with you on the anticipation! Loving  DvD this year!

• Like 1

The demo day episode was great. Funny thing is i was demoing clubs about 30 feet on the other side of that wall i just thought it was a big advertisement for the show. Had no idea filming was going on.

Maybe the three 6’6” guards with uzi’s should have been a clue. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 4

I ave missed the last episode, I need to catch up on it. I can’t stay up that late. I isuallly catch the replay on Wednesday, but missed it. I’ll catch up sometime. 

On 10/11/2018 at 11:39 AM, DPattGolf said:

I'm sure more than just me would interested in seeing your design

Sorry, I have to keep it under wraps but I will say elements of what I submitted are eerily apparent in one of the designs on TV.  Just coincidence, and I'm sure there are many who submitted entries who were not picked that can say the same thing about one or all of the final four designs.  

1 hour ago, knightsofnii said:

Sorry, I have to keep it under wraps but I will say elements of what I submitted are eerily apparent in one of the designs on TV.  Just coincidence, and I'm sure there are many who submitted entries who were not picked that can say the same thing about one or all of the final four designs.  

Bummer 😞

Don’t forget that MGS’s Adam and San will be appearing on tonight’s episode. Saw a 30 second commercial for the show that featured Sam so they may not just have just ended up on the cutting room floor.

http://origin-www.golfchannel.com/video/driver-vs-driver-2-golfs-top-influencers-weigh/

http://www.golfchannel.com/media?guid=05B1BA0A-F0F8-AEDF-43A3-C026869C99F8_0

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cnosil said:

Don’t forget that MGS’s Adam and San will be appearing on tonight’s episode. Saw a 30 second commercial for the show that featured Sam so they may not just have just ended up on the cutting room floor.

http://origin-www.golfchannel.com/video/driver-vs-driver-2-golfs-top-influencers-weigh/

http://www.golfchannel.com/media?guid=05B1BA0A-F0F8-AEDF-43A3-C026869C99F8_0

Yep, DVR is set, although I hope to catch it live.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, GolfSpy Rob said:

Yep, DVR is set, although I hope to catch it live.  

It was filmed already so not possible to catch live 🤣🤣

I usually dvr and somewhat watch it then but it’s been another disappointing season for me. This episode is the only one I’m interested in seeing 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

It was filmed already so not possible to catch live 🤣🤣

I usually dvr and somewhat watch it then but it’s been another disappointing season for me. This episode is the only one I’m interested in seeing 

SmartA$$ 🤨

• Like 8

Looking forward to seeing the final 3 tonight. Should be interesting with the Celebs fromthe Pro Am getting their hands on the drivers. I’ll be interested to see if Jimmy toned down the glare on the top of the driver or if he left it high gloss. The other 2 drivers are my picks for the final 2. We will have to wait and see though. 

• Like 1

Rick Shiels needs to empty the marbles out of his mouth.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Eric Gagne hit the Roswell 335. 

It seems all of these celebs are hitting the Roswell 10-15 yards farther than vortex and Magnus. The Roswell has a really nice look to it, and it seems to be performing quite well. 

• Like 2

Boy it just seems like the more I see the Roswell being hit, it just looks like a winner, I think this is the winner of the show. It has performed very solid, and it looks great and sounds great. Seems easy to to figure out the weighting system. All things that make for easy marketing and sales. 

• Like 2

I think Jimmy screwed up, it’s all good that he wouldn’t make any changes to his club, making changes to your design is part of the process in making it better, the idea is to make it better. By keeping with the original design he pretty much sealed his own fate from the show, if he would have taken the advice from the folks in the industry. The design team, the pro golfers, the am golfers that all gave the same feedback, and he would not budge. I don’t applaud him for that, if he thought his technology was the best, some simple changes could have changes his outcome. It performed well, but there were problems that were brought to his attention that he did nothing to fix. 

• Like 1

There's one thing Jimmy's exit revealed:

Season 3.  🙂

Has Golf Channel run 3quels of any other show?

Of the 2 left, I had envisioned Rozwell getting this far.  Cortex got a boost from reworking the weight track, but they're both, to me, just SLDRs.  

Obviously the data will influence the most at this point I think.  Though Rozwell allows draw/fade adjustment.  I think Tim is gonna take it unless a huge curveball is thrown.  

I'd love to see them duke it out on the range as a fun side event. 

I'd also love to see their marketing strategy be a part of the deciding factors.  What slogans, names for the tech, how they plan to display at stores, etc.  Obviously it's a design contest, but I love having my hands in every aspect from concept to sale.  

I think in that regard, Rozwell wins.  Tim has better names for features, better descriptions of their effects.  Cortex has less gimmicky appearing functionality but I think it needs more appeal.  "Take thought out of your swing and let the Cortex do the work." I don't know 😉

• Like 1

... Moveable weighting in a driver is a red herring for most that play golf. I think a draw or fade biased driver is much preferable to weight tracks. Callaway learned this with the Epic and made changes in their Rogue. I played an Epic with 2 weights, both in the far rear position. Cobra has done the same with their weight tracks opting for a weight forward to lower spin and a weight in the rear for max forgiveness and higher ball flight in the F8 and new F9. The amount of good players that move weights around are relatively small but the amount of average golfers that use movable weighting effectively is even smaller. It takes a lot of weight to truly effect ball flight and even then, most do not have repeatable swings that can take advantage of the movable weighting. So the Magnus was complete overkill for the vast majority of players. 

... Combine that with seeing almost everyone that picked up a driver in the last several episodes and they all picked the driver that looked best to their eye at address. Hitting a driver 335 compared to 325 is inconsequential if you like the look and sound of the 325 yd driver. All said "of course if it performs that is all that matters". Sounds great but in my experience it just isn't true. Sure if we pick up a driver that looks funky and sounds worse but we hit it 20% longer and straighter than every other driver, many are gonna put it in their bag. But a 2-5% increase, which is much more of a realistic possibility, will not influence almost anyone to play a driver that looks and sounds bad. 

... Fun show and I have enjoyed watching it, but I have zero interest in either driver and imagine most will feel the same once the winner hits the shelves. But I am a Wilson fan and hope the show increases their brand awareness and gets younger golfers to accept Wilson as a player in the equipment game. I think many of us older players that remember when Wilson was one of the biggest names in golf, look forward to their return to relevance. 

• Like 3

My prediction, that was foreshadowed last night, is that both will be produced. The owner dude noted that his W was still in play at the end decision. One of them will win, then the dude will pull out the W and say they are putting both into production.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Moveable weighting in a driver is a red herring for most that play golf. I think a draw or fade biased driver is much preferable to weight tracks. Callaway learned this with the Epic and made changes in their Rogue. I played an Epic with 2 weights, both in the far rear position. Cobra has done the same with their weight tracks opting for a weight forward to lower spin and a weight in the rear for max forgiveness and higher ball flight in the F8 and new F9. The amount of good players that move weights around are relatively small but the amount of average golfers that use movable weighting effectively is even smaller. It takes a lot of weight to truly effect ball flight and even then, most do not have repeatable swings that can take advantage of the movable weighting. So the Magnus was complete overkill for the vast majority of players. 

... Combine that with seeing almost everyone that picked up a driver in the last several episodes and they all picked the driver that looked best to their eye at address. Hitting a driver 335 compared to 325 is inconsequential if you like the look and sound of the 325 yd driver. All said "of course if it performs that is all that matters". Sounds great but in my experience it just isn't true. Sure if we pick up a driver that looks funky and sounds worse but we hit it 20% longer and straighter than every other driver, many are gonna put it in their bag. But a 2-5% increase, which is much more of a realistic possibility, will not influence almost anyone to play a driver that looks and sounds bad. 

... Fun show and I have enjoyed watching it, but I have zero interest in either driver and imagine most will feel the same once the winner hits the shelves. But I am a Wilson fan and hope the show increases their brand awareness and gets younger golfers to accept Wilson as a player in the equipment game. I think many of us older players that remember when Wilson was one of the biggest names in golf, look forward to their return to relevance. 

Even back in the day I was not much of a Wilson man except for the 58 Dynapower wedge. Later on I became a big 8802 and 8813 fan and of course JP wedges. For you younger guys JP in this case means Joe Phillips who was the chief designer for Wilson back in the day NOT James Patrick

• Like 1