North Central: ND, SD, NE, IA, CO, KS, MO

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

1 minute ago, Ian Ekdahl said:

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

What do you love about golf?

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

Where are you from? What is your home course?

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

What do you do for a living?

How’d you pick your user name?

Hey everyone, 

Pumped to have found this website and forum and engage everyone. I've been playing golf for about the last 10 years. It's been a process that's for sure! Started out as a baseball player with a horrible swing, befriended a pro at the muni that I worked at, got some extremely helpful advice to get started, and then got hooked! Now I play between a 5.5 and a 7. In 2023, I logged 70 rounds, averaging an 82 with a low of 71 for my first ever even par round. That was quite the highlight on a fun season of a lot of golf and a lot of improvement.

I found MyGolfSpy on Instagram and have actively been following their posts. It wasn't until I clicked the link in their bio that I found this forum. As far as I know, I haven't heard of anyone else that's registered to my a "Spy". I surely will put my friends on to this site though and hopefully they find the community to be worthwhile, like I do.

I'm in Omaha, NE, and regularly play at The Players Club at Deer Creek. I joined this club in 2023 and have loved every round I've played there. It's a 27 hole private course designed by Arnold Palmer. It's a fun and challenging course that is maintained very well and never disappoints. 

Every midwesterner knows that golf season goes through a lot of ups and down depending on the season. Honestly, the best part of Nebraska golf is the spring and fall. Summer is great, but 100º days will wear you down. However, a hot day on the course is 1000x better than not being able to play in the winter. Thank God for simulator golf, right?!

I own my own insurance practice which, fortunately, allows me to make my own schedule. This means a lot of golf when it's nice out, which is incredible! I wouldn't have it any other way. 

I look forward to interacting with everyone more and more going forward. Hit em straight!

Hi Ian. I’m in Elkhorn. Always excited to meet another golfer in the area. Let’s get in a round sometime!

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I’ve been playing since 2020 and have gotten my handicap down to 17 is that span. I’m typically shooting mid to high-80s, but will get into the 90s.

I love the constant challenge and learning that comes with the game. I’m pushing myself to learn course management, when to use certain shots/clubs, etc. but also challenge myself mentally through tough shots or bad rounds.

I only know a couple of people within the forums, but looking forward to meeting more! I love the ability to learn about all types of equipment to help my game, but also the platforms to gain knowledge from others.

I’m originally from Elkhorn, NE, but currently reside in Kansas City, MO in the Tiffany Greens area. Currently, my home course is Tiffany Greens GC.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

I think we can all agree that the winter months are the worst. I see it as a love-hate relationship, as it allows me to work on mechanics, but I won’t see the fruits of my labor until spring time.

I work in the commercial and residential elevator & escalator business. I’m in sales/account management, and work with building managers and owners to help with their vertical transportation needs.

Easy - keeping it simple.

Driver: Callaway Paradym w/ Project X Hzrdus Black 60

Wood: Srixon ZX 3 wood w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 60

Hybrid: Tommy Armour Evo

Long Iron: Taylormade Stealth UDI 2i w/ Aldila Ascent 100

Irons: Taylormade Stealth 5-AW w/ KBS Tour Taper-C

Wedges: Vokey 54 w/ KBS Tour, Taylormade MG 58 w/ TT Dynamic Gold

Putter: Odyssey O-Works Black w/ SuperStroke Pistol 2.0 grip

Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft X

Welcome aboard. I currently live in Elkhorn and have family in the KC area.

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g

How long have you been playing golf?

I played a few times a year with my dad growing up, but pretty much didnt touch a club from age 21 until i turned 44.  I had a massive heart attack 4 yrs ago, 1 day before my 42nd bday and i kept trying to get out to play a round with my dad and his buddies, but as a small buisness owner, life got in the way.  Jan 31st 2022, my heart stopped on the way home totalled my care, tore my retna, and 4 days later my dad passed away in what i can only describe as the plot to a Lifetime Network movie.  may of 2022, i went golfing with ym dads best friend, and caught the golf bug.  Bought myself a set of Topflight clubs so i could go play and see if it was something i wanted to do.  july of 2022, i bought 3 drivers, a 3 wood, a putter and 60 Deg wedge, which i promptly traded in on a driver. I have also signed up for the Heart of A Lion AmTour this year.  

my bag consists of

Callaway Epic Speed 9 deg driver set to 11 deg with a draw bias, Hzrdus smoke im10 60g 6,5 shaft

Callaway Epic Speed 3 wood project x cypher Fifty 5.0 shaft

Callaway Mavrik Max 3H project x catalyst 65 5.5 shaft

Callaway Mavrik Max irons 5i-GW kbs r80 shafts, and a 20x/x20 (not sure on the correct 1) SW

Odyessey Stroke Lab 1 blade putter

Callaway ERC Soft 260 Fade ball

I also use the ShotScope H4 for my club data and GPS

What’s your handicap or normal score?

According to ShotScope data I am currently a 26.8 handicapp.  Normal scores are 101. I have shot 89, 94, and 85 from the senior tees 

I love the solitude of it. I love being the first tee time of the day and not feeling rushed or feel like im rushing/ruining someone elses round.  

I was looking for a forum type setup, or something i haven't found on Facebook, Youtube, or Reddit

I am from the Quad City area. Grew up in Bettendorf Iowa, and currently reside in Long Grove Iowa.  My home course is Glynns Creek in Long Grove Iowa. a nice 4 min drive to the clubhouse from my garage.

The best thing would be that we have a decent amount of course withing 45 mins of my house, which would include TPC Deere Run, which i have yet to play.  I cant really say there is anything bad about my area, other than the winter. A day golfing is always better than something else, no matter where the course is.

My wife and I own and operate 2 antique stores and working on a third.  I am basically retired. I work 4 days a month, sometimes more, depending on our staff.  We get to travel a lot.

Just my last name, nice and simple...lol

20240206_135324.jpg

20240206_135331.jpg

20240206_135344.jpg

Driver: Callaway Epic Speed 9* set to 11* w/ draw bias  Hzrdus Smoke 60g 6.5

Fariway woods: Callaway Epic Speed 3 Wood Project X Cypher Fifty 5.0

Hybrids: Callaway Mavrik 3H Project X Catalyst 65g 5.5

Irons: Callaway Mavrik Max 5I-GW & X20 SW KBS R80

Putter: Odyessey Stroke Lab 1 blade putter

Ball: Callaway ERC Soft fade 360

Bag: Maxfli white stand bag

6 hours ago, Preeway said:

Welcome aboard. I currently live in Elkhorn and have family in the KC area.

Nice. My mom lives around Indian Creek, so we play that often. Also play Pacific Springs a bit too.

Driver: Callaway Paradym w/ Project X Hzrdus Black 60

Wood: Srixon ZX 3 wood w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 60

Hybrid: Tommy Armour Evo

Long Iron: Taylormade Stealth UDI 2i w/ Aldila Ascent 100

Irons: Taylormade Stealth 5-AW w/ KBS Tour Taper-C

Wedges: Vokey 54 w/ KBS Tour, Taylormade MG 58 w/ TT Dynamic Gold

Putter: Odyssey O-Works Black w/ SuperStroke Pistol 2.0 grip

Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft X

8 minutes ago, Jeremy Meyer said:

Nice. My mom lives around Indian Creek, so we play that often. Also play Pacific Springs a bit too.

Next time your in town hit me up. I play both courses pretty regularly. 

Welcome @Jeremy Meyer! I am just south of KC in Overland Park, haven't had a chance to make it up to Tiffany Springs GC yet, but have heard good things.

• Driver : :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS, 10.5° loft, MCA TENSEI AV White 65g, Stiff flex (44.5")
  • 3-Wood: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS, 15° loft, MCA TENSEI AV Blue 65g, Reg flex (42.25", tipped 0.5")
  • 3-Utility: :Sub70: 699 Pro V2 Utility Satin, 18° loft, :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 80g, 6.0 flex
  • Irons: :titleist-small: T200 6i-GW, 27°-48° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Stiff flex (+0.5”, 1° upright)
  • Wedges:  Indi FLX S-Grind, 52°/56°/60° lofts, Dynamic Gold Spinner 115g, Wedge flex
  • Putter:cobra-small: King Vintage Sport 60, SteelFiber P125 shaft (34"), :garsen: Quad Tour Taper grip
  • Bag: :cobra-small: Ultralight Pro, Ski Patrol/Black
  • Push Cart: :BagBoy: Nitron, Black/Red
  • Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V5 Shift

2023 MGS Forum Review: Sugar Golf Balls (Final Review Posted)
2023 MGS Forum Review: Sycamore 009 Mini Putter (Final Review Posted)
2024 Unofficial Review: The "Putting Thing" by WhyGolf

-TJ

I started playing with a group of guys in the military back in 1992.  My handicap is 2.7 and trending down!  I generally shoot mid-70’s, but I’ve been known to drop a high 80’s score now and then 😊

The escape.  It’s really hard to worry about your job or finances or anything else when you’re on the course – I’m just thinking about the next shot.  But just having a beer and a laugh with friends is so rewarding.  

I’ve been a sporadic user for a lot of years.  I think I first logged on in 2011.  I don’t know any Spies other than that infamous group who went to the Kingdom for the Farmer’s so many years ago.

I’m originally from southern CA, but moved to NE back in ’99, then to CO in 2010.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Hitting a driver at altitude!  Ball go far!  But winter SUCKS.  At least I have TopGolf Leagues and a SkyTrak in my garage.  Those keep me sane until the snow melts.

I am the CISO for a private equity firm based in Chicago.  I work entirely remote, which is convenient, but I do miss interacting face to face sometimes.

I typically play a fade, and it sounded cool.

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

Hello gents, 

After following MGS on X for a while I finally joined this site. I have played golf since I was 12 years old (currently am 36). I was addicted to the game as soon as I took it up and it has played a huge role in shaping my personality. I have a bit of a crazy game now. I am an above average golfer with unique talent but not always very consistent. I generally shoot between 74-83 with scores going higher and lower than that range on occasion. Being a long hitter puts me in a lot of places and situations that most don't worry about, but I love my ability to scramble and get out of jams. 

What I love most about the game of golf is the different challenges you face each time you're on the course. There's so many life lessons to be learned from this game. I love the competitive aspect but now a days it's about enjoying being outside with a good group of pals and the connects I get to make with people. I am also really excited and hopeful that my two daughters will get into golf. I joined MGS because I love learning about the game as much as I can and that includes equipment. I live in Marion, Iowa and haven't been a course member the last two years because I like to play many different courses. I most frequently play Hunters Ridge in Marion or Wildcat in Shellsburg, IA.  I am an art teacher for my profession and have taught for 12 years. When I am off work in summer, I play golf 4-5 days a week (hence my name golferteacher). The best perks to this area are fair prices and a lot of quality golfers/people to connect with. Worst thing is the season goes so fast and the winter climate. 

Whats in bag:

Ping G430 LST x flex

Taylormade SIM Titanium 5 wood X flex

Srixon 3 Driving Iron

New Level Golf Dead golfer Irons with KBS tour x shafts

Vokey Wedges - 50, 54 and 60 degree loft

Ping Anser PLD Putter

IMG_3027.JPG

Edited by Golferteacher07
add photo and clubs info

6 hours ago, Golferteacher07 said:

Hello gents, 

After following MGS on X for a while I finally joined this site. I have played golf since I was 12 years old (currently am 36). I was addicted to the game as soon as I took it up and it has played a huge role in shaping my personality. I have a bit of a crazy game now. I am an above average golfer with unique talent but not always very consistent. I generally shoot between 74-83 with scores going higher and lower than that range on occasion. Being a long hitter puts me in a lot of places and situations that most don't worry about, but I love my ability to scramble and get out of jams. 

What I love most about the game of golf is the different challenges you face each time you're on the course. There's so many life lessons to be learned from this game. I love the competitive aspect but now a days it's about enjoying being outside with a good group of pals and the connects I get to make with people. I am also really excited and hopeful that my two daughters will get into golf. I joined MGS because I love learning about the game as much as I can and that includes equipment. I live in Marion, Iowa and haven't been a course member the last two years because I like to play many different courses. I most frequently play Hunters Ridge in Marion or Wildcat in Shellsburg, IA.  I am an art teacher for my profession and have taught for 12 years. When I am off work in summer, I play golf 4-5 days a week (hence my name golferteacher). The best perks to this area are fair prices and a lot of quality golfers/people to connect with. Worst thing is the season goes so fast and the winter climate. 

Whats in bag:

Ping G430 LST x flex

Taylormade SIM Titanium 5 wood X flex

Srixon 3 Driving Iron

New Level Golf Dead golfer Irons with KBS tour x shafts

Vokey Wedges - 50, 54 and 60 degree loft

Ping Anser PLD Putter

IMG_3027.JPG

Welcome to the site! I joined up last fall after lurking for a couple years. I'll see you at hunters as soon as it opens up - I live just a couple blocks away!

Titleist TSR3 // Tensei 1K Black 65g

Titleist TSR3 3W 15* // HZRDOUS Black 70g

Titleist U505 2i // HZRDOUS Black 85g

Taylormade P770 4-PW // Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 105g

Callaway JAWS MD5 50*

Callaway JAWS Raw 54* / 58*

Taylormade Spider GTX Single Bend Splitback / Ping Zing 2

Titleist ProV1 // Srixon Z-Star XV (Depending on how much money I want to lose any given swing)

12 hours ago, taylorjonasher said:

Welcome to the site! I joined up last fall after lurking for a couple years. I'll see you at hunters as soon as it opens up - I live just a couple blocks away!

Sounds good! I’m itching to get out that is for sure. Luckily I’m heading to Alabama next month for some golf! 

On 2/11/2019 at 4:30 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

MGS New Member Introduction: North Central Region

North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa, Colorado, Kansas, Missouri

Welcome to the MyGolfSpy forums! We’re always glad to have new members contributing to the best golf discussions on the internet.  If you’ve already created an introduction thread, feel free to re-introduce yourself here!

If you haven’t yet done so, take a moment to check out the Moral Codes that shape how we treat each other here.

You’ll find that this community is very welcoming to newcomers so come on in, take off your shoes, and get comfortable. Tell us all about yourself. To help us get to know you, here are some questions you might answer in your new member post. Feel free to share some fun pictures of your golfing ventures as well!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

2. What do you love about golf?

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

6. What do you do for a living?

7. How’d you pick your user name?

Hi Everyone, I've never been part of a forum like this, but I would love to share and bounce ideas off others that love the game.

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I was part masses that jumped on the golf surge in 2020. Never was interested in golf growing up. Always thought it was lame and not a "real sport". Funny story, St. Louis hosted the PGA championship in 2018 at Believe country Club. This is the city I live in since college...had no idea it was going on. Before 2020 the only golfers I could name were Tiger Woods and John Daly.

I am a 11.7 HCP per GHIN. I started a rapids decend...first breaking 100...than 90...than low 80s....now i have plateau and have had some ups and downs. Currently average around high 80s. But have a feeling this is the year we get into the single digits 🙂 LOL.

2. What do you love about golf? Now that i'm a washed up athlete in his 30s, it provides me motivation to chase something outside of work. Get competitive juices rolling. I always grew up being "the better" athlete on the team. But with golf, i'm on the outside looking in...which is a humbling feeling. I want to get that feeling back

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? As metioned above. Would love to learn, share, and discuss with other people that share my interests. I am interested in actually getting fitted for golf clubs. Mine are all off the rack...want to know if that would actually help.

5Where are you from? What is your home course? Live in St. Louis, MO. My club is called Westborough CC.

6. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Pretty straight forward. Can golf almost year round, but it gets quite humid and hot in the summer time.

7.What do you do for a living?I work in finance for a large CPG company

8.  you pick your user name?High school nickname.

Jordan

My bag

2019 Big Bertha Irons off the rack...Zero Research. Hence why i'm here. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Everyone! 
I have been lurking in the shadows just browsing and trying to learn more about all the products out there. Figured it was time to step into the light 

1.How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? 
I have been playing off and on for about 20 ish years, converted baseball player. Only really been taking it seriously for about 2-3 years now. I am a high handicap floating around 20. But just recently shot my new personal best of an 83! Hoping to keep that trend and lower the handicap some! 

2.What do you love about golf?

I love the challenge golf brings. I played college football after high school and once that was done I was looking for something to stay competitive and focused in. Finally found my love for golf. The mental side is just as much my favorite as the technical. Golf is something that helped me refocus life after my wife and I lost our Son. It has helped me a lot. 

3.What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I enjoy reading the testers point of view and the staff members articles. I really enjoy the ball testing. 

4.Where are you from? What is your home course?

I am from central Kansas. My “home course” is Sand Creek Station, even though it’s a 35-40 min drive away. Carey Park is my true home course. 

5.What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Worst thing is the winter, pretty standard answer I’m sure. Hard to find time to get on and hard to find time to practice. In a near by town we had someone open a simulator bay facility. 6 bays with Flight scopes. Been there a lot this winter 

6.What do you do for a living?

I work for a sports equipment  manufacturing company. I handle inside sales, website updating and some minor graphic design. 

7.How’d you pick your user name?

Very simplistic. My initials, my football number and my wife’s basketball number. 

Stealth 2 HD 

TaylorMade M2 irons 

Vokey SM9

16 minutes ago, BG3021 said:

Hey Everyone! 
I have been lurking in the shadows just browsing and trying to learn more about all the products out there. Figured it was time to step into the light 

I have been playing off and on for about 20 ish years, converted baseball player. Only really been taking it seriously for about 2-3 years now. I am a high handicap floating around 20. But just recently shot my new personal best of an 83! Hoping to keep that trend and lower the handicap some! 

I love the challenge golf brings. I played college football after high school and once that was done I was looking for something to stay competitive and focused in. Finally found my love for golf. The mental side is just as much my favorite as the technical. Golf is something that helped me refocus life after my wife and I lost our Son. It has helped me a lot. 

I enjoy reading the testers point of view and the staff members articles. I really enjoy the ball testing. 

I am from central Kansas. My “home course” is Sand Creek Station, even though it’s a 35-40 min drive away. Carey Park is my true home course. 

Worst thing is the winter, pretty standard answer I’m sure. Hard to find time to get on and hard to find time to practice. In a near by town we had someone open a simulator bay facility. 6 bays with Flight scopes. Been there a lot this winter 

I work for a sports equipment  manufacturing company. I handle inside sales, website updating and some minor graphic design. 

7.How’d you pick your user name?

Very simplistic. My initials, my football number and my wife’s basketball number. 

Great first post and welcome to the forum! Look forward to hearing more about your game.

Hey @BG3021 👋🏻 fellow Kansan here, but I’m up in Overland Park

• Driver : :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS, 10.5° loft, MCA TENSEI AV White 65g, Stiff flex (44.5")
  • 3-Wood: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS, 15° loft, MCA TENSEI AV Blue 65g, Reg flex (42.25", tipped 0.5")
  • 3-Utility: :Sub70: 699 Pro V2 Utility Satin, 18° loft, :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 80g, 6.0 flex
  • Irons: :titleist-small: T200 6i-GW, 27°-48° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Stiff flex (+0.5”, 1° upright)
  • Wedges:  Indi FLX S-Grind, 52°/56°/60° lofts, Dynamic Gold Spinner 115g, Wedge flex
  • Putter:cobra-small: King Vintage Sport 60, SteelFiber P125 shaft (34"), :garsen: Quad Tour Taper grip

-TJ

I started playing when I was 20, got hooked hard. Still think my best rounds are yet to come after playing over 20+ years  Was a scratch golfer, but crushed my right foot in an accident in 2017, so I am still getting back to that. Currently a 5 handicap, shoot in the 70’s from 141 slope & 72.8 rated course.  

What do you love about golf?

That you can shape the ball left & right and see it fly to your intended target is my favorite thing in golf. Pulling off tough shots when you have to! 

I was a member on MGS for many years before I got seriously and permanently injured. MGS is the foremost authority on club reviews, bar none. No, no other spies 🙂

Central KS, Prairie Dunes Country Club

The best things are it is warm enough to golf for at least 6 months out of the year. Typically we get 7 or 8 golfing months. The worst part is the constant strong winds that come from the south and southeast. They average 25mph all summer with gusts of 40 regularly.

Chemical Engineer, oil refining

Each letter stands for something in my hometown 🙂

• G430 Max 9° Tour Chrome 2.0 65g Stiff -1”
  • G430 5-wood 18° same as driver shaft
  • Cobra 22° King Tec Ti hybrid, set at 23.5°
  • G425 5-UW 2.0 steel stiff, 2° Up, 1/2” long
  • Ping S159 50/54/58° wedges, 2° flat, std. length
  • Odyssey DFX #7, black w/ white lines, 35”, 150g cw

Welcome @TCMP pretty awesome course to call home! 

-TJ

Just now, BallsLeon said:

Welcome @TCMP pretty awesome course to call home! 

Thanks! I’m fortunate to have a family member who’s a member!

• G430 Max 9° Tour Chrome 2.0 65g Stiff -1”
  • G430 5-wood 18° same as driver shaft
  • Cobra 22° King Tec Ti hybrid, set at 23.5°
  • G425 5-UW 2.0 steel stiff, 2° Up, 1/2” long
  • Ping S159 50/54/58° wedges, 2° flat, std. length
  • Odyssey DFX #7, black w/ white lines, 35”, 150g cw

• 3 weeks later...

Hello All!

1) How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

Played some in HS and college but gave it up for almost 25 years. Started up again in Summer of '22.

2) What do you love about golf?

Always something to work on and get better at. Great way to spend outdoors. And I really love the fact that golf can be both a solo endeavor or a gregarious experience with friends and family.

3) What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I'd been reading their reviews for a while and thought this could be fun. I don't believe I know any others here previously.

4) Where are you from? What is your home course?

NE Kansas. I play several courses regularly but my "home" course is a little 9 hole that is part of a family fitness center.

5) What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Best: Lots of courses within a short/medium drive. Worst: Can't play weekly year round... although I do play quite a bit of "cold weather" golf.

6) What do you do for a living?

I'm a University administrator.

7) How’d you pick your user name?

Nickname, which was already in use here, so I had to add some numerals.

"Golf is a game in which you yell fore, shoot six, and write down five." -Paul Harvey

Welcome @Moe79!

-TJ

Welcome to the Forum!

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo

RBZ Tour4 Hybrid, 21.5*, S 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design, 50,54,58, Dynamic Gold S200

Studio Select, Newport 1.5

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

1. How long have you been playing golf? Just around 2 years now, this year is the first year where I'm really taking it seriously. I just broke 90 for the first time, and I'm hoping to break 80 by the end of this year. Might be too big of a goal but might as well aim high!

2. What do you love about golf? I love getting outside with my close buddies, I love the challenge of it, learning new things, and watching myself improve. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? My brother has had a few testing opportunities, and I've been reading up on the gear reviews and testing for a while now. Figured I might as well join!

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I'm from Arvada CO, might consider my home course to be Willis Case since I play it the most. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Probably the weather. We get such random late season snows that will set back being able to play by a week. But I've already played 6 rounds or so, for only bring march I feel like that's pretty sweet. 

6. What do you do for a living? I build out custom campervans! Mostly in Mercedes Sprinters. Check out Rex Overland, based out of Arvada!

7. How’d you pick your user name? Just my generic first, last. lol didn't try to get too creative here.

WIMB: I just got a set of Sub 70 699 Pro irons and I love them. I play a Wilson Infinite putter, Ping driver, and the sweet sweet Kirkland Signature Wedges. 

Definitely not a scratch golfer

On 3/29/2024 at 5:44 AM, andrewrapp98 said:

1. How long have you been playing golf? Just around 2 years now, this year is the first year where I'm really taking it seriously. I just broke 90 for the first time, and I'm hoping to break 80 by the end of this year. Might be too big of a goal but might as well aim high!

2. What do you love about golf? I love getting outside with my close buddies, I love the challenge of it, learning new things, and watching myself improve. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? My brother has had a few testing opportunities, and I've been reading up on the gear reviews and testing for a while now. Figured I might as well join!

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I'm from Arvada CO, might consider my home course to be Willis Case since I play it the most. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Probably the weather. We get such random late season snows that will set back being able to play by a week. But I've already played 6 rounds or so, for only bring march I feel like that's pretty sweet. 

6. What do you do for a living? I build out custom campervans! Mostly in Mercedes Sprinters. Check out Rex Overland, based out of Arvada!

7. How’d you pick your user name? Just my generic first, last. lol didn't try to get too creative here.

WIMB: I just got a set of Sub 70 699 Pro irons and I love them. I play a Wilson Infinite putter, Ping driver, and the sweet sweet Kirkland Signature Wedges. 

Welcome!

Welcome to the Forum @andrewrapp98!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2019 at 4:30 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

MGS New Member Introduction: North Central Region

North Dakota

Since 2012-9.1

Have been following mygolfspy since the begining. Work in a pro shop and share mygolfspy data on golf balls to golfers. They always love it and buy the ball I suggest. 

Bismarck ND- Prairie West golf course

Best thing is prices Worst can't golf year round

Teacher and work in golf pro shop

7. How’d you pick your user name?

My name

Driver: cobra radspeed

irons: cobra forged tech

wedges: mizuno

putter: odyssey white hot

handicap: 9.1

Welcome to the Forum @brandonoien! A finer group is not to be found.

Just joined the forum today.

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  Been playing since I was about 12.  Loved the game!  However, several years ago I started feeling burned out and I decided to take a break, which lasted about 3 years.  A couple years ago I got back into it and once again....I love the game.  Current GHIN is 5.8.

What do you love about golf?  It really is the perfect game.  You play outdoors in beautiful settings.  You challenge and test yourself.  It reveals so much about you, both good and bad.  I enjoy several other outdoor activities, but golf really is special.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I have read MGS reviews for years but never had time or interest in the forums.....until now.  If I know someone here......I don't know they're here.

Where are you from? What is your home course?  Originally from California but been in Iowa since 1993.  My home course here is Elmcrest County Club.  My home course at my home in SC is Oldfield Country Club.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Best in Iowa is great 3-season golf on bent grass.  Worst in Iowa is the 4th season.  Best in SC is year-around golf on bermuda greens.  Completely different, and I like it.  Worst in SC is their 4th season.....Summer.  Fortunately, I can avoid both of those 4th seasons.

What do you do for a living? Business founder and exec.  Took a step back on Jan 1 to a semi-retired status.  More time for golf and other things.

How’d you pick your user name.  Zero imagination.  Just short form of name, and the year of my birth.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5º  Attas 12S :callaway-small:

TM Stealth 2 16.5º Ventus Red  :taylormade-small:

TM Stealth Plus 6 wood - 18.8º Ventus Red  :taylormade-small:

Cobra King Tec 22º MCA MMT :cobra-small:

Srixon ZX5 / ZX7 5-PW NS Pro Modus3 Tour 120 :srixon-small:

Callaway Jaws Raw 50º 56º 60º DG Spinner :callaway-small:

Bettinardi BB-1 34"  :bettinardi-small:

52 minutes ago, JMAC60 said:

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  Been playing since I was about 12.  Loved the game!  However, several years ago I started feeling burned out and I decided to take a break, which lasted about 3 years.  A couple years ago I got back into it and once again....I love the game.  Current GHIN is 5.8.

What do you love about golf?  It really is the perfect game.  You play outdoors in beautiful settings.  You challenge and test yourself.  It reveals so much about you, both good and bad.  I enjoy several other outdoor activities, but golf really is special.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I have read MGS reviews for years but never had time or interest in the forums.....until now.  If I know someone here......I don't know they're here.

Where are you from? What is your home course?  Originally from California but been in Iowa since 1993.  My home course here is Elmcrest County Club.  My home course at my home in SC is Oldfield Country Club.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Best in Iowa is great 3-season golf on bent grass.  Worst in Iowa is the 4th season.  Best in SC is year-around golf on bermuda greens.  Completely different, and I like it.  Worst in SC is their 4th season.....Summer.  Fortunately, I can avoid both of those 4th seasons.

What do you do for a living? Business founder and exec.  Took a step back on Jan 1 to a semi-retired status.  More time for golf and other things.

How’d you pick your user name.  Zero imagination.  Just short form of name, and the year of my birth.

Welcome to the forum! You’re gonna love it!

3 hours ago, JMAC60 said:

Welcome to the Forum. It's a great place!