Titleist87

Mizuno M Craft Putters

Our Sponsors

29 minutes ago, jlukes said:

My ER2 is 370g and the oversize/counterweighted grips I have been gaming were between 100 and 110g. This really helped quiet my hands and wrists, but I realized this off-season that I was really lacking touch to my putting. My putting stroke just began feeling very unnatural with no flow or release, so I knew I needed to get something lighter.

With the M Craft II, I have the 3g weights installed, which bring the head down to 345g and the more traditional Lamkin Deep Etched grip is only around 80g. 

I immediately noticed a smoother flow to my putting stroke - as if the putter was an extension of my body and hands rather than a large tool. The Mizuno head is just a beautiful shape and the feel off the face is just everything I want in a milled putter head. 

I think putters are getting way too heavy and that that 340-350gr weight  is really ideal.  

• Like 2

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :srixon-small: 765 6-AW with KBS Tour shafts
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Mizuno M Craft II has been in the bag for my last 3 rounds and it's staying there for the foreseeable future. 
I'd been gaming my beloved Evnroll ER2 for the last 2+ seasons, but after spending a ton of time working on my putting green in the basement during the off-season, I realized that while putting was a strength for me, I seemed to be he missing something: touch. 
My ER2 is 370g and the oversize/counterweighted grips I have been gaming were between 100 and 110g. This really helped quiet my hands and wrists, but I realized this off-season that I was really lacking touch to my putting. My putting stroke just began feeling very unnatural with no flow or release, so I knew I needed to get something lighter.
With the M Craft II, I have the 3g weights installed, which bring the head down to 345g and the more traditional Lamkin Deep Etched grip is only around 80g. 
I immediately noticed a smoother flow to my putting stroke - as if the putter was an extension of my body and hands rather than a large tool. The Mizuno head is just a beautiful shape and the feel off the face is just everything I want in a milled putter head. 
The confidence on the course continues to grow and I'm really happy to have made the switch to something that seems to fit my natural "feely" stroke rather than trying to fight it. 

IMG_20200408_165243.thumb.jpg.f4bcdef143e00737c4acf8eb6896b916.jpg

BTW, I love the Mizuno putters! They are beautiful and balance is incredible!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I think putters are getting way too heavy and that that 340-350gr weight  is really ideal.  

Agree! A guy I play with has a Heavy Putter and the shaft is solid! It feels like a freakin sledgehammer and he keeps asking why he’s a missing putts, DUHH. He’ll spend $500 in a driver every year but won’t spend any money on a new putter. He’s a prime candidate for the Mizuno.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I love my Mizuno JDM Putter, the MP-A306. I tried all three of the M Craft and they are all excellent. The feel is what you would expect from a Mizuno and I found it relatively easy to line up my putts with them. I wish I could have tinkered with the weights some, guess I'll have to buy one eventually. I'm trying a few year old Ping putter out right now but probably putting the Mizuno back in the bag soon.

Mizuno-MP-Putters-26.jpg

• Like 3

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5° Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
3 Wood: :cobra-small: SpeedZone 14.5° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Yellow
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 19° Fujikura Speeder Evolution HB Stiff
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 4-PW Project X LZ 6.0
Wedges: SCOR 4161 50°, 55°, 60°
Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 34"
Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

Currently Testing: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch