Our Sponsors

Funnily enough Consumer Reports put out the results of their sunscreen review that I got this week. Their top performing spray was actually Trader Joes brand, followed by Neutrogena Sun defense, then Hawaiian Tropic Island Sport. As for me, I'm finishing up a can of Up & UP (Target house brand) that's been well rated over the years.

• Like 2

In the bag:
:taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 4-GW UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
:cleveland-small: Smartsole S
:yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

Testing: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

1 hour ago, MattF said:

Funnily enough Consumer Reports put out the results of their sunscreen review that I got this week. Their top performing spray was actually Trader Joes brand, followed by Neutrogena Sun defense, then Hawaiian Tropic Island Sport. As for me, I'm finishing up a can of Up & UP (Target house brand) that's been well rated over the years.

Admittedly, I'm horrible about remembering to put on sunscreen. A couple years back, my wife started giving me the sniff test when I got home (she's brave...) to see if I was wearing sunscreen. But I typically use the Up & Up spray-on, SPF 30 or 50. I'm sure the coverage isn't as good as a thick, mineral-based lotion, but I like that I can just close my eyes and spray my whole face.

I grew up in Houston and one thing I remember being so excited about was discovering a Bullfrog sunscreen+bug spray combo. Given that mosquitoes are the National Bird of Texas and there's just a little bit of sun in the Bayou City, this was a godsend.

• Like 2

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash Subzero 9* loft with HZDRUS Smoke stiff
4-wood: :callaway-small: Mavrik Subzero (16.5*) with Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI X
2-hybrid: :taylormade-small: GAPR Lo with stock KBS Hybrid 80g stiff
3i-PW: :ping-small: i210 blue dot, Power Spec, with TT S300 hard stepped
50*, 54*, and 58*: :mizuno-small: blue ion S18 with TT wedge
Putter: :ping-small: Redwood Piper 0*

Ball: :srixon-small: Z STAR XV
Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer (2018) in black/white/copper

Using :Arccos: to keep track of my shots
All clubs RH

Currently Testing:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review

On 6/11/2020 at 9:17 AM, greggarner said:

Admittedly, I'm horrible about remembering to put on sunscreen. A couple years back, my wife started giving me the sniff test when I got home (she's brave...) to see if I was wearing sunscreen. But I typically use the Up & Up spray-on, SPF 30 or 50. I'm sure the coverage isn't as good as a thick, mineral-based lotion, but I like that I can just close my eyes and spray my whole face.

I grew up in Houston and one thing I remember being so excited about was discovering a Bullfrog sunscreen+bug spray combo. Given that mosquitoes are the National Bird of Texas and there's just a little bit of sun in the Bayou City, this was a godsend.

Update: tried solar sleeves for the first time today. I like the compression aspect and that my arms weren't sweaty, but I had on black sleeves and it was pretty warm. But they definitely blocked the sun! And apparently I forgot to put sunscreen on my hands... Oops.

IMG_20200612_192423_01.jpg

• Like 4

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash Subzero 9* loft with HZDRUS Smoke stiff
4-wood: :callaway-small: Mavrik Subzero (16.5*) with Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI X
2-hybrid: :taylormade-small: GAPR Lo with stock KBS Hybrid 80g stiff
3i-PW: :ping-small: i210 blue dot, Power Spec, with TT S300 hard stepped
50*, 54*, and 58*: :mizuno-small: blue ion S18 with TT wedge
Putter: :ping-small: Redwood Piper 0*

Ball: :srixon-small: Z STAR XV
Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer (2018) in black/white/copper

Using :Arccos: to keep track of my shots
All clubs RH

Currently Testing:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review

I use Neutrogena Ultra Sheer 100+ lotion or spray, whichever the pharm has when I need to restock.  Prefer the spray because it keeps my hands dry, but both work great.  Also wear a bucket hat to keep my follicly challenged head, ears, and neck from being exposed.

• Like 3

• TaylorMade M5 9.0 - Graphite Design Tour AD-XC 6X OR PX HZRDUS Green 60 6.5 TX
  • TaylorMade M6 15 - PX HZRDUS Green 80 6.5 TX
  • Adams Red 18 - Matrix Altus Tour X
  • Callaway X Forged UT 19 - Aldila Rogue Black 105 TX
  • Srixon Z965 4-P - PX 6.0 LS (hs 1x) --------------- FORUM TESTING /// Sub 70 Golf 699 Pro 4-P - KBS Tour X
  • Cleveland RTX 4 52/58 Mid - DG TI S400
  • Scotty Cameron X7 Phantom 34”
  • Bridgestone B XS

I use the Walmart brand, Equate, I think it is, spray suncreen.  The 50 spf sport. Usually buy them in the big can, or the 2 pack of smaller cans, pretty cheap compared to the name brand stuff.  It works well and is easy to apply.  I spray everywhere I can and spray extra on the back of my right hand (not my golf glove wearing hand) to put in on my ears, forehead, etc.

• Like 1

Mizuno ST190 9* Driver / Taylormade M2 15* 3W / Callaway Razr Fit 18* 5W (stiff graphite, standard)

Taylormade GAPR Mid 3 & 4 (stiff graphite, standard)

Sub 70 24 deg 699U 5 iron (stiff graphite, standard length, 1 deg upright lie)

Cobra King F6 Irons 6-PW (stiff graphite, hard stepped, standard length, 1 deg upright lie)

Cleveland CBX 50* & 54* / Ping Glide 2.0 60* (stiff graphite, hard stepped, standard length, 1 deg upright lie)

8802 Putter 33" / Chrome Soft Truvis Yellow

I use a 30spf before I leave the house.  I then use a spray at the turn.  What ever brand I can find that is sweat resistant 

• Like 1

Driver Taylor Made M4

MP 57 Irons

Ping Putter

NO-AD sport works great for me.  I find it modestly less greasy than some other brands, they almost make sunscreen sticks (looks like deodorant) if you don't want to get your hands greasy mid-round, although its not as easy to apply and you go through it faster. 

• Like 1

Driver :     :cobra-small: F7 - Project X Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 75g

3w:           :cobra-small:  F7 Fairway - Project X Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 75g

Hybrid:     :cobra-small: F6 Hybrid - KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 95g X-Stiff

Irons:       :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged (4,5) JPX 900 Tour (6-P) KBS C-Taper 130 (Softstepped)

Wedes:         :titelist-small: SM7 52* F Grind, 56* M Gind (KBS C-Taper 125), 60* S Grind

Putter:   :cameron-small: Futura X7M

On 6/12/2020 at 7:28 PM, greggarner said:

Update: tried solar sleeves for the first time today. I like the compression aspect and that my arms weren't sweaty, but I had on black sleeves and it was pretty warm. But they definitely blocked the sun! And apparently I forgot to put sunscreen on my hands... Oops.

IMG_20200612_192423_01.jpg

I like the concept of solar sleeves but don't like the fit. I have tried the one size fits all and the sized ones. The sized ones work better given my arm proportions but still feel that they are too tight in the bicep/upper arm area, but too loose in the wrist/lower forearm area. I guess I have weird proportions, pretty big upper arms with tiny wrists.

• Like 2

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Fujikura and Nippon fan. Connoisseur of grips.

Updated 7/14/2020
Driver:taylormade-small:SIM Max 10.5 - Fujikura Ventus Red 5S Velocore (the real one)
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:callaway-small:Mavrik Max 5 - AW - Nippon Neo 950GH S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge flex
Putter:  :scotty-small: Squareback 1 - Sense Grips S1 - Stability Shaft

Current Putter Collection:EVNROLL: ER10 Outback,  :bettinardi-small: 2017 Studio Stock 3, :cameron-small: La Costa 1st 500, :scotty-small: Squareback 1 (2008)