Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Soliciting Feedback - Replacement Irons

So, I promised myself that my 2021 bag would be set by the clubs I accumulated as of the end of last year.  (clubs in my signature line) But here I am, under 15 inches and growing of snow and I'm already convinced that I'm not settled on my irons and already made a move on the driver.  ugh...

So anyways... Ping 425 Max has already been ordered. (9*, Mitsubishi Orange Raw X flex)  The reviews have been far too good to ignore and who couldn't benefit from the forgiveness of that driver?!

But, now I'm trying to sort out my iron situation.   Current's are Mizuno 919 Tours.  They are definitely a great club and I can't say that I'm completely turned off by them.  But I'm not sure if they are a long term play.  Further, the fact that I keep switching them in and out with my X-Forged 18 irons tells me that I need to explore other options.  

So with that said, let's hear your thoughts.  I need a players iron, preferably a forged offering, that provides great distance control, feel and a tad bit of forgiveness.  I am currently eyeing up the New Ping offerings when they come out (i59), Callaway Apex Pro and the Taylormade offerings.  Looking to hear what the MGS Community has to say as far as input goes.  Oh, and obviously it's snowing its arse off so why not feed the addiction, right?

Thoughts?

BNewt51

Golf Addict.... Father of 4.  Pennsylvania Golfer 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond - Ventus Red X :callaway-small:

3 Wood:  TS2 14* :titleist-small:

Hybrid:  Titleist TSI 2 18*  (Only used on Soft Rainy days)  image.png.94e8f04243fe8584238d70d382b90525.png

Utility Irons:  4 iron (Steel Fiber FC 110 - Stiff)  image.png.edaa152b6173d27a9529d0f1d7fcc172.png

Irons:  Titleist T-150 4-PW Steel Fiber CW 110 - Stiff  :titleist-small:

Wedges:  Vokey 48-8 Vokey 54-10 Vokey 58-6 all SM9's  :titleist-small:

Putter:  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5 Flowback (custom shop copper finish) or Bettinardi QB8  :titleist-small:  :bettinardi-small:

Ball:  Pro-V1x :titleist-small:

Titleist Tour Carry Bag Black and White  :titleist-small:

Bushnell Range Finder (Patriot Pack)  

*King of taking (borrowing) all my club ***** friends clubs after they've discarded them after a couple months!

Obviously you have a good list going above but what about something that may sit a little outside of the big OEMs with Honma. The Honma TR20 v series. Forged. Players distance. Plus it was in the 2020 MGS most wanted listings. But outside of that I am partial to mizuno, the feel of their irons is incredible, cosmetically I love the look of taylormades the p770, simple and sleek. 

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

10 minutes ago, RollingGreens said:

Obviously you have a good list going above but what about something that may sit a little outside of the big OEMs with Honma. The Honma TR20 v series. Forged. Players distance. Plus it was in the 2020 MGS most wanted listings. But outside of that I am partial to mizuno, the feel of their irons is incredible, cosmetically I love the look of taylormades the p770, simple and sleek. 

I'd definitely consider the Honma!  The above was for brevity sake because I have a million different clubs running through my head.  Which, in essence, is why I turned that over to the MGS faithful! 🤣  I do enjoy the feel of my mizunos currently, I can't say any negatives about them.  There's just that something about them I can't quite place my finger on that is off...  But to their credit, I would say they are probably the truest flying distance and control wise I've played in a long time. 

I do like the look of those p770's as well.  I just worry about hollow's that they are going to have that occasional flyer that you never account for when you least can afford it. 

BNewt51

Hybrid:  Titleist TSI 2 18*  (Only used on Soft Rainy days)  image.png.94e8f04243fe8584238d70d382b90525.png

Utility Irons:  4 iron (Steel Fiber FC 110 - Stiff)  image.png.edaa152b6173d27a9529d0f1d7fcc172.png

Putter:  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5 Flowback (custom shop copper finish) or Bettinardi QB8  :titleist-small:  :bettinardi-small:

*King of taking (borrowing) all my club ***** friends clubs after they've discarded them after a couple months!

1 hour ago, BNewton51 said:

I'd definitely consider the Honma!  The above was for brevity sake because I have a million different clubs running through my head.  Which, in essence, is why I turned that over to the MGS faithful! 🤣  I do enjoy the feel of my mizunos currently, I can't say any negatives about them.  There's just that something about them I can't quite place my finger on that is off...  But to their credit, I would say they are probably the truest flying distance and control wise I've played in a long time. 

I do like the look of those p770's as well.  I just worry about hollow's that they are going to have that occasional flyer that you never account for when you least can afford it. 

At the least we all know currently what the market can offer. Currently I don’t know how much new model may move the needle for you. Honma is interesting because it falls in the Chinese forged category that falls under the radar because it’s not as mainstream. If you could get your hands on a demo I’d be interested to see the results for what you are looking for. Being in the most wanted list is a big positive because objectively it scores high. 

Titleist ProV1

12 minutes ago, RollingGreens said:

At the least we all know currently what the market can offer. Currently I don’t know how much new model may move the needle for you. Honma is interesting because it falls in the Chinese forged category that falls under the radar because it’s not as mainstream. If you could get your hands on a demo I’d be interested to see the results for what you are looking for. Being in the most wanted list is a big positive because objectively it scores high. 

oh, I'll definitely circle back with testing results I'm sure on this thread.  Pretty sure I'll be testing quite a few here over the next few months.  Honma does intrigue I'll give you that.  Even to a lesser extent the new Wilson irons.  

BNewt51

Make sure you at least hit the Srixon's 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

2 hours ago, RollingGreens said:

Slight difference: Honma are forged in Japan. Much different than China.

Only reason I commented is because I play them, of course. 😂😂😂

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

34 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

+1.  I just hit them (ZX5) at Truespec last week and they have made my decision problematic.  So much so that I'm making a 2-1/2 hour drive to a Demo Day to verify how the v-sole works off the turf. Now that is some serious commitment to the cause... or cause to be committed 🤪.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

1 hour ago, PMookie said:

Slight difference: Honma are forged in Japan. Much different than China.

Only reason I commented is because I play them, of course. 😂😂😂

My mistake lol. How do you like the brand and the irons?

Titleist ProV1

28 minutes ago, RollingGreens said:

I play Honma irons and have tried all the clubs since I am a most wanted tester.   They are high quality clubs and in my opinion are equal to any US based OEM.  If I were replacing clubs I wouldn't hesitate to put in a full bag of Honma clubs.  Have been hitting their wedges when I do a little practicing after a testing session and I think there wedges are really good.    

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I would second the Japanese forgings. Personally, I have played Miura CB 301's for almost 2 years. I know they are cavity back irons, but they are forged and the feel is off the charts. I have heard similar things about the TC 201's and the MC 501's if you aren't willing to go the cavity back route. The pluses for me are the pure feel of forged irons and the increase in forgiveness from the cavity back.  My dispersion has also gotten tighter as I've settled into the irons. I went to the Miura's after test driving the Mizuno JPX 919  and it wasn't even close. I did this as I was looking for an upgrade to the Titleist T-MB 716. 

Last year was a huge step forward as I got completely comfortable with the irons. GIR went up, handicap went down from 7.1 to 2.6,  and I broke par for the first time since 1996. There are of course additional contributing factors to this, but the confidence level certainly helps. I'm setting new goals for 2021 but the bag is set. 

I know they are on the higher side of a price point, but any set of fitted irons are going to be $800 plus depending on the set up. I'm playing 4-P as the CB 301's are an aggressive loft configuration. We bent a couple of the irons to cover gaps and the 5 iron plays at 24 degrees and the PW at 45 degrees. The 4 iron is bent down to 19 degrees and is more of a driving iron replacement.

Obviously, the key is to find a fitter, but if you can, give them a spin. I think you would be pleasantly surprised.

Mizuno ST190, 9 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Black 6S

Mizuno ST190, 14 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Black 7S

Mizuno ST200 , 18 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Miura CB 301, 4 iron, Fujikura Ventus 9x

Miura CB 301, 5-PW Nippon Modus 120S

Miura K Grind, 52, 54 and 58, Nippon Modus 130s  hand ground by Usher Golf

Miura KM 006 LH 

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

I play Honma irons and have tried all the clubs since I am a most wanted tester.   They are high quality clubs and in my opinion are equal to any US based OEM.  If I were replacing clubs I wouldn't hesitate to put in a full bag of Honma clubs.  Have been hitting their wedges when I do a little practicing after a testing session and I think there wedges are really good.    

Hearing the new wedges that are coming are even better than the last ones that took home the top ranking!!!!

1 hour ago, RollingGreens said:

They’re really good. I have a blended set of the TR20 Tour P in the 4/5 irons, then the Tour V 6-10. They’re as good as anything out there, and their fittings are top-notch! The lofts are a degree or two strong, but the spin and launch are perfect for me. I haven’t had any of those shots that all of a sudden go an extra 10-15 yards. Great feel, and they’re beautiful. Well worth a serious look, and they’re no more expensive than a set of Mizunos or Titleists...

https://us.honmagolf.com/collections/tr21

@PMookie  @BKordon @cnosil with the Honma love.  Definitely after hearing those comments they're gonna be added to my "try and see" escapades... With over a foot of snow on the ground, can't think of anything better to do with my free time! 🤣 

Seriously though, it does seem that a lot of folks are happy with that brand.  So they definitely are worth throwing into the mix. 

BNewt51

14 hours ago, THEZIPR23 said:

Srixon's definitely are being considered.  This years offerings are quiet compelling.  That sole looks intriguing.  I'm not sure how it will feel hitting them, but I'll definitely want to test and see what they do for me. 

BNewt51

Srixon's definitely are being considered.  This years offerings are quiet compelling.  That sole looks intriguing.  I'm not sure how it will feel hitting them, but I'll definitely want to test and see what they do for me. 

I love srixons too. They are my backup set and were the gamers until I got the Honmas.

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

33 minutes ago, BNewton51 said:

@PMookie  @BKordon @cnosil with the Honma love.  Definitely after hearing those comments they're gonna be added to my "try and see" escapades... With over a foot of snow on the ground, can't think of anything better to do with my free time! 🤣 

Seriously though, it does seem that a lot of folks are happy with that brand.  So they definitely are worth throwing into the mix. 

You won’t be disappointed. 

37 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I love srixons too. They are my backup set and were the gamers until I got the Honmas.

They must not be good then if the got demoted to backup 😆

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

They must not be good then if the got demoted to backup

It isn’t that they aren’t good. I really wanted graphite shafts and I didn’t want to send out the srixons because I wouldn’t be able to play. Only have about 6 rounds with the Honmas.

6 hours ago, BNewton51 said:

Oh man look what I started 😂😂

Titleist ProV1

4 minutes ago, RollingGreens said:

Oh man look what I started 😂😂

Yes, I'll be blaming you as the starter for it!  As will my checking account. 🤣 

BNewt51

2 hours ago, BNewton51 said:

Yes, I'll be blaming you as the starter for it!  As will my checking account. 🤣 

Imagine if they were exactly what you are looking for🤞🏻

Titleist ProV1

Just now, RollingGreens said:

Imagine if they were exactly what you are looking for🤞🏻

I still may complain a little about how expensive they are, but I'd be thankful to you for the input!  🤣  But definitely open to the option.  If it gets me to where I need to be then that's all I care about. 

BNewt51

Well...…I don't think I'd sleep well if I didn't throw my experience in on this. I game Miura CB-301's and when hitting any brand iron those are the benchmark. Anyone who's hit a Miura, Epon, or a Kyoei forged iron knows exactly what I'm talking about. I've got at least 500 in game, on course hits with the Honma TR-20 V, Mizuno JPX-921 Forged, and the Srixon ZX5 irons and I have been thoroughly impressed with all 3 sets. I have just as many with the Callaway Apex 21 set, but only in the simulators. Even though I haven't been able to play the Apex on course yet, they deserve a serious mention to this roundtable. I like the Apex 16's, but the 19's just didn't measure up to other offerings, and that opinion is shared by many. So, without any extra fluff, here's my take on all four. I've ranked them according to which set would go in my bag in the event my beloved CB's got hit by a nuke, but I have excluded the Apex' as I haven't been able to test these on course in game conditions. 

1- Srixon ZX5- They just look CLEAN at address. It's very easy to forget I'm hitting a players distance iron and not a players blade. Not too big, not too small, all the right junk in all the right places. I was most impressed by the feel and the way the V Sole interacted with the turf. Seemed to slice through any condition without the feel of the club head getting bogged down on fat hits. On solid strikes it I could almost hear the ball let out a sound like a guy getting a gut punch and the wind leaving his lungs. Surprisingly forgiving, as well. Definitely a keeper, Srixon got this one right for sure. 

2- Honma TR-20- Such a well balanced club. Mine are paired with Modus stiff 120's and hard stepped one level. It just feels good in the swing, and that feel translates into confidence that I am controlling the club and my shot. On solid strikes the feel is wonderful. It like flushing a baseball. You just know you hit it square and it just gone. I do enjoy the feedback on the bad hits, but they weren't as forgiving as the ZX5's.....but only just. While the mishits weren't punishing, they did hurt for the follow up shot...and my ego. Nothing worse than pulling out a 7i that goes 175 carry for me, hitting it fat and getting 110 out of it. 

3- Mizuno JPX-921 Forged- I have always been a fan of Mizuno, always. I don't know how to say this politely, but I'm not sure it was a good decision by them to introduce the Hot Metal into the Forged heads. It just didn't feel right to me. They look great at address, the performance is on par with previous Mizuno models we've all come to love, but on contact the feel and sound just didnt feel....right. It's like someone else put my boots on and worked a full day in them behind my back, the next day I'd know something was off. 

Unranked- Callaway Apex 21 Forged- FINALLY!!! I've been waiting for Cally to pull their heads out and make a firm stand on the identity of the Apex line. Is it an entry level players iron? Is it a game improvement iron in players distance clothing? I know that everyone is Tiger in a Simulator, but if the feel, workability, and performance data on the course matches what I'm getting on a GC4...…. Take. My. Effing. MONEY! They might, and I say again- MIGHT give the Miura's a break well into the spring. I'm not going to spoil it further for any of you. Go to your local pro-shop and demo them and make your own conclusions. This is just my take. 

Shank's Tentative 2024 WITB

O.B. Finder- Paradym Smoke Ai TD 9*/Ventus TR Blue 6X +1/D

FW- Callaway UW 17*/VA Composites Nemesys 7X

4H- Paradym Super Hybrid/Ventus Velo Blue 8X

5-AW- Apex 21 $-Taper 120S Blackout- (almost time for a new set of something....)

Spoons- Vokey Jet Black SM9 50.08 F/54.10 S/58.08 M Jet Black/Accra iWedge Tour (Until the SM10's drop)

Flat One- Bettinardi Hive Poison Kool-Aid Innovai 6.0

Left Dash ALL DAY/14-way Vessel Players 4 (Thank GOD they finally fully enclosed each club pocket)

If I were in the market for new clubs and had the money to blow I would be looking at Miura TC-201’s. 

Second choice would be Srixon ZX7’s.

Third choice would be Mizuno MP-20 MMC, though I wish they would have made a SC model over the MMC. 

Ogio Woode 8 Hybrid Stand Bag
PXG 0811 X Gen4 @ 6* - Fujikura Motore X F3 7X
PXG 0211 @ 13.5* - Fujikura Motore X F1 8X
PXG 0311 XP Gen3 3i-PW - PX LZ 6.5
PXG 0311 Forged 54/60 - PX LZ 6.5
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

14 hours ago, Shank Aaron said:

Well...…I don't think I'd sleep well if I didn't throw my experience in on this. I game Miura CB-301's and when hitting any brand iron those are the benchmark. Anyone who's hit a Miura, Epon, or a Kyoei forged iron knows exactly what I'm talking about. I've got at least 500 in game, on course hits with the Honma TR-20 V, Mizuno JPX-921 Forged, and the Srixon ZX5 irons and I have been thoroughly impressed with all 3 sets. I have just as many with the Callaway Apex 21 set, but only in the simulators. Even though I haven't been able to play the Apex on course yet, they deserve a serious mention to this roundtable. I like the Apex 16's, but the 19's just didn't measure up to other offerings, and that opinion is shared by many. So, without any extra fluff, here's my take on all four. I've ranked them according to which set would go in my bag in the event my beloved CB's got hit by a nuke, but I have excluded the Apex' as I haven't been able to test these on course in game conditions. 

1- Srixon ZX5- They just look CLEAN at address. It's very easy to forget I'm hitting a players distance iron and not a players blade. Not too big, not too small, all the right junk in all the right places. I was most impressed by the feel and the way the V Sole interacted with the turf. Seemed to slice through any condition without the feel of the club head getting bogged down on fat hits. On solid strikes it I could almost hear the ball let out a sound like a guy getting a gut punch and the wind leaving his lungs. Surprisingly forgiving, as well. Definitely a keeper, Srixon got this one right for sure. 

2- Honma TR-20- Such a well balanced club. Mine are paired with Modus stiff 120's and hard stepped one level. It just feels good in the swing, and that feel translates into confidence that I am controlling the club and my shot. On solid strikes the feel is wonderful. It like flushing a baseball. You just know you hit it square and it just gone. I do enjoy the feedback on the bad hits, but they weren't as forgiving as the ZX5's.....but only just. While the mishits weren't punishing, they did hurt for the follow up shot...and my ego. Nothing worse than pulling out a 7i that goes 175 carry for me, hitting it fat and getting 110 out of it. 

3- Mizuno JPX-921 Forged- I have always been a fan of Mizuno, always. I don't know how to say this politely, but I'm not sure it was a good decision by them to introduce the Hot Metal into the Forged heads. It just didn't feel right to me. They look great at address, the performance is on par with previous Mizuno models we've all come to love, but on contact the feel and sound just didnt feel....right. It's like someone else put my boots on and worked a full day in them behind my back, the next day I'd know something was off. 

Unranked- Callaway Apex 21 Forged- FINALLY!!! I've been waiting for Cally to pull their heads out and make a firm stand on the identity of the Apex line. Is it an entry level players iron? Is it a game improvement iron in players distance clothing? I know that everyone is Tiger in a Simulator, but if the feel, workability, and performance data on the course matches what I'm getting on a GC4...…. Take. My. Effing. MONEY! They might, and I say again- MIGHT give the Miura's a break well into the spring. I'm not going to spoil it further for any of you. Go to your local pro-shop and demo them and make your own conclusions. This is just my take. 

This write up was great!! 🤣

Two points I'd make...

1.  The Mizuno comments were EXACTLY what I had been feeling and thought as well.  You captured my exact feelings.  I hit the 921's when they were released and something was just off.  Not that they were offending like so many other offerings by OEM's or anything, but something was un-mizuno like in expectations of what I had hoped for.  That was the exact feeling I had over the 919's that I'm currently part-time gaming as well.  They perform well, no doubt about that.  However, there is just something that made me say these just don't do that "something" that I was expecting. 

2.  The Callaway's as you say about the 21 forged... holy cow batman!  Hit those in the sim and maaaannn..... Those might be the hands down winner!  They actually shocked me with their ability to make hollow back feel THIS AMAZING and give the numbers they do...whoa!  If I'm being honest they are already beckoning me to throw all my $1 at them like I'm in the champagne room! 

The other two are on the must hit list, so not much to say yet on those. 

Thank you for you input thought.  Most helpful! 

BNewt51

55 minutes ago, BNewton51 said:

This write up was great!! 🤣

Two points I'd make...

1.  The Mizuno comments were EXACTLY what I had been feeling and thought as well.  You captured my exact feelings.  I hit the 921's when they were released and something was just off.  Not that they were offending like so many other offerings by OEM's or anything, but something was un-mizuno like in expectations of what I had hoped for.  That was the exact feeling I had over the 919's that I'm currently part-time gaming as well.  They perform well, no doubt about that.  However, there is just something that made me say these just don't do that "something" that I was expecting. 

2.  The Callaway's as you say about the 21 forged... holy cow batman!  Hit those in the sim and maaaannn..... Those might be the hands down winner!  They actually shocked me with their ability to make hollow back feel THIS AMAZING and give the numbers they do...whoa!  If I'm being honest they are already beckoning me to throw all my $1 at them like I'm in the champagne room! 

The other two are on the must hit list, so not much to say yet on those. 

Thank you for you input thought.  Most helpful! 

See? Told you......

I have the stock Elevate 95 shafts in the Apex' now, and although they are not the right fit for me, the performance is still good enough to grab one's attention. Could this be the P790 killer in the Players Distance category? Callaway make a strong argument to support that thought, and the comparison definitely warrants a go, at a minimum a debate. 

5-AW- Apex 21 $-Taper 120S Blackout- (almost time for a new set of something....)

Spoons- Vokey Jet Black SM9 50.08 F/54.10 S/58.08 M Jet Black/Accra iWedge Tour (Until the SM10's drop)

Left Dash ALL DAY/14-way Vessel Players 4 (Thank GOD they finally fully enclosed each club pocket)

6 hours ago, Shank Aaron said:

See? Told you......

I have the stock Elevate 95 shafts in the Apex' now, and although they are not the right fit for me, the performance is still good enough to grab one's attention. Could this be the P790 killer in the Players Distance category? Callaway make a strong argument to support that thought, and the comparison definitely warrants a go, at a minimum a debate. 

Rifle were in the ones I was hitting... Flat out, those things are as impressive as I could imagine. Which I worried about cause they were screaming stop testing get me! 

BNewt51

One of our fellow spies on this thread reminded me just how important confidence is as it pertains to one's final decision.  On the surface this would seem not to be important and, in fact, counter to simply allowing the data to drive the bus.  But the more I think about it, the more weight I am giving it... particularly if the data part of the equation is close.  

Just something else to think about.... these decisions should be problematic 🤪.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

On 2/5/2021 at 12:41 PM, fixyurdivot said:

One of our fellow spies on this thread reminded me just how important confidence is as it pertains to one's final decision.  On the surface this would seem not to be important and, in fact, counter to simply allowing the data to drive the bus.  But the more I think about it, the more weight I am giving it... particularly if the data part of the equation is close.  

Just something else to think about.... these decisions should be problematic 🤪.

Does that fellow Spy give REALLY AWESOME discounts and advice, and also has a cool af screen name?