Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Retirement

1 hour ago, Roxy13113 said:

Hello all,

Looking for a year round golf community with low humidity and moderate temperatures?  I currently live in Scottsdale, AZ and the summers are getting tougher to take.  Any suggestions?

Welcome to the forum.  I had to chuckle when I read your preferred weather.... and then where you currently reside.  Many, many folks relocate to AZ upon retirement for the sunshine and to escape cold, damp, wet and/or freezing conditions elsewhere for too much of the year.  My wife and I spent many years ahead of my retirement looking into places we wanted to live.  After 30 years in the Seattle area, we were done with the wet, damp weather.  We also did not want to live in such a populated region. 

I have a long time (a bit older) friend who, upon retirement, spent winter seasons in Yuma, AZ.  When I was on business in the LA area, I would drive over for an extended weekend to visit and play golf.  I quickly came to the conclusion that the perfect place does not exist and the few that come close are overrun.  As such we decided to do the "snowbird" thing when we chose southwest MT as our primary residence. This coming winter will be our 5th season.  We bought a reasonably priced place in a 55+ community and spend about 5 months in really nice weather.  If you consider just how many millions and millions of Americans and Canadians do this - and have for many decades - I think it says much about that option and one you might want to consider.

We've actually been looking for another home in Sun City Grand (Surprise, AZ) with the possibility of selling the MT home and buying a smaller, northern latitude, place to spend the hottest part of summers (Sunbirding).  Even escaping north for a few months a year still has us wondering if we'd tolerate the higher temps? 🤔

If the snow/sunbird is not an option, I'll offer the following places in answer to your question; San Diego, Sacramento (and many places between those two), St. George, Boise, Mesquite, Spokane, and Las Vegas.  Good luck with the decision.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

2 hours ago, Roxy13113 said:

Hello all,

Looking for a year round golf community with low humidity and moderate temperatures?  I currently live in Scottsdale, AZ and the summers are getting tougher to take.  Any suggestions?

Try looking at Crossville TN. Tons of golf, big golfing retirement community. Four seasons and winter is only about 4 weeks long. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

I'd consider a dual retirement plan. Stay in Scottsdale in the winter and get a summer place on the upper Peninsula of Michigan. 

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

2 hours ago, Headhammer said:

I'd consider a dual retirement plan. Stay in Scottsdale in the winter and get a summer place on the upper Peninsula of Michigan. 

I'm with the 2 place plan as well. Winter in Florida (7 months in the Tampa area) and 5 months in northern Ohio. So far it works for us. FYI I have a low tolerance to heat and humidity.

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

First off, I'd pick a state with no state income tax and that has little to no winter and relocate there for 7 months a year and claim residence and then have a place up north where it's cooler for the summer.   

TM Sim2 Max  10.5

Ping G410 5 wood

Ping G410 7 & 9 woods 

PXG Gen 5 0311P  5-gap

PXG forged 54 & 58 wedges

PXG Operator H w/ BGT Stability shaft

On 7/11/2021 at 7:01 PM, Roxy13113 said:

Thanks Tom!  I'll check it out.

I can attest to what Tom said.  I to am looking for a retirement location from the "snow belt" in extreme northeast Ohio.  I visited the Greeneville area and played with Tom.  It is a very nice area.  I am still looking and the Greeneville TN area is still in the running.  We are also looking in Kentucky, to be a little closer to home, but still be somewhere where there is little to no snow, and no longer have to watch a foot of snow accumulate over night.  Good Luck!

Driver: Cobra King Speedzone

Irons:  :callaway-small: Mavrik 4-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CG-14 56 & RTX 52

Hybrid:  Callaway Apex Pro 2H 

Woods:  Gigagolf  3W, 

Putter:  Ping  Scottsdale Wolverine

Ball:  Srixon Z-Star XV