Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Golf Attire...

mudfish

Tifosi Golf also makes some nice sunglasses for playing. They have a red, photosensitive lens that works quite well on all but the brightest days.

They can be found for cheap too.

+1 on Tifosi's. Much cheaper than the Oakleys. Some of their sunglasses also have interchangeable lenses for different light conditions which is nice.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen ads for Tifosi's but I've never seen them anywhere in person. As a rule, I won't buy sunglasses without trying them on. Sunglasses may by the #1 thing under the "You have to try on 100 pairs to find 1 pair that looks good" category, for me anyway.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

I've seen ads for Tifosi's but I've never seen them anywhere in person. As a rule, I won't buy sunglasses without trying them on. Sunglasses may by the #1 thing under the "You have to try on 100 pairs to find 1 pair that looks good" category, for me anyway.

I'm picky about sunglasses too... I need something the gives me complete coverage... I cant stand to turn my head to the side and have the sun blind me ... That's why I love my half jackets...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

• SPY VIP

There is/was a club in Chicago that allowed you to play naked. Personally, I don't understand the appeal of either being naked and golfing or golfing while surrounded by lots of naked dudes.

Way too many balls in play for me too.

Check rockbottom for Tifosi sunglasses. I will try to dig up my model. As an oakley wearer, I can't stand poor eyewear. these are good.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

I never go to a golf course without a polo. I will go to a driving range with a tshirt. Pants are up in the air. I wear wind pants, jeans in the winter, khaki shorts, athletic shorts, and khakis. I wear a hat everytime I go out. Sunglasses 90% of the time just incase I play a hole into the sun. I am comfortable in softspikes or tennis shoes. Trion-z bracelet. I think thats most of my attire.

PING: Rapture V1 9° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (65 Stiff)

TITLEIST: 906F4 15.5° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (80 Stiff)

COBRA: 5w Speed LD F/ST Tour AD YS Designed by Graphite Design made for Cobra Stiff

PING: S59 Rifle 6.5 Soft stepped

PING: Tour 48°, 52°, 58°

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

"Everyday you miss practicing, it will take you one day longer to get good." -Ben Hogan

• SPY VIP

I never go to a golf course without a polo. I will go to a driving range with a tshirt. Pants are up in the air. I wear wind pants, jeans in the winter, khaki shorts, athletic shorts, and khakis. I wear a hat everytime I go out. Sunglasses 90% of the time just incase I play a hole into the sun. I am comfortable in softspikes or tennis shoes. Trion-z bracelet. I think thats most of my attire.

Do you think the trion-z does anything? I have one too that I wear, but now it is more out of habit. Guy in our group wears his watch with the battery dead because he is used to playing with a watch on.

Volvo Intorqueo

Do you think the trion-z does anything? I have one too that I wear, but now it is more out of habit. Guy in our group wears his watch with the battery dead because he is used to playing with a watch on.

Habit and it kind of helps joint pain. I can tell the difference the next day if I wore my bracelet or not...

COBRA: 5w Speed LD F/ST Tour AD YS Designed by Graphite Design made for Cobra Stiff

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

"Everyday you miss practicing, it will take you one day longer to get good." -Ben Hogan

• SPY VIP

Habit and it kind of helps joint pain. I can tell the difference the next day if I wore my bracelet or not...

Thanks Funky. I think that I feel a bit of a benefit with recovery time, but I always blamed it on the psychological. Nice that someone else feels it too.

Volvo Intorqueo

I have to wear a hat too start with, otherwise I'll end up looking like a melon. Sunglasses as well, I don't like glare, I work outside as well so I pretty much live in them. Oakleys or Callaway glasses 95% of the time.

Apart from that, noramlly jeans and a shirt, polo or tee, I'm not fussy, if it's cold a hoody. And before you guys all start ripping into me. Where I live this what probably 60% of golfer's wear. If it's a big tournament I'll wear typical golfing attire.

I have a revolving WITB policy.

I have to wear a hat too start with, otherwise I'll end up looking like a melon. Sunglasses as well, I don't like glare, I work outside as well so I pretty much live in them. Oakleys or Callaway glasses 95% of the time.

Apart from that, noramlly jeans and a shirt, polo or tee, I'm not fussy, if it's cold a hoody. And before you guys all start ripping into me. Where I live this what probably 60% of golfer's wear. If it's a big tournament I'll wear typical golfing attire.

I've worn a hoodie before... sometimes the weather just calls for it... I guess it really does depend on the course and what people normally wear... there are some courses that I would never consider jeans, but most around here you will be fine with jeans and a T-shirt...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

• SPY VIP

I've worn a hoodie before... sometimes the weather just calls for it... I guess it really does depend on the course and what people normally wear... there are some courses that I would never consider jeans, but most around here you will be fine with jeans and a T-shirt...

Jeans is a touchy issue. People get really touchy when jeans hit the course. Some people. I hesitate to even wear them to the range. Then I ask myself, WWJDD?

Denim overalls, commando, no shirt or shoes, tall can. Good to go. :)

Volvo Intorqueo

No reason to rip anybody, do what you like as long as it's in line with the course dress code. For me, a hoody would be too bulky to swing in, I'm very picky about trying to find thin layers.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

• SPY VIP

No reason to rip anybody, do what you like as long as it's in line with the course dress code. For me, a hoody would be too bulky to swing in, I'm very picky about trying to find thin layers.

Movement in the clothes is king. It overrides my fashion sense too. I have a short sleeve wind jacket that I love on the course, but don't were much elsewhere because a ss windbreaker is sort of goofy.

Volvo Intorqueo

Well, I hope the nude golf days at those places don't happen during peak mosquito season ... ouch!

What if you hit it into some hay or native grass. (I don't even want to think about it)

Well, I hope the nude golf days at those places don't happen during peak mosquito season ... ouch!

Oh...it's not too bad. Just gotta be careful to not get too carried away when putting on sunscreen. :D

What do you typically wear when you go out? I would assume a collared shirt is standard, but as far as pants what do you wear... I am not very comfortable in jeans, but some days I'll wear them if I go out on the way home, or just decide to stop at the course when driving by... In the summer I usually wear shorts...

Around here the courses are not very strict, and I've even seen people in sleeveless shirts...

So what is your normal attire?

Nice golf shirt and Dockers golf shorts or trousers. We have a dress code at our club which is strictly enforced and I am happy that it is. Neat attire. No baggy cargo shorts with strings hanging off them. No hats on backward. No shirts out and no denim.

Semper Fi

My Club

A topic I love!!!

This year, I have gone with the 70's golf theme, the Caddy Shack, Bushwood Theme. All my pants for Spring play are old 70's plaids, houndstooth, or solid bright colors. I am matching it up with new golf shirts, tucked, and a nice belt. I want to match, and stand out as much as possible. All Summer long, it will be plaid golf shorts (almost all new, since plaid is so hot for the summer, but crazy plaids and patch works).

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

• SPY VIP

A topic I love!!!

This year, I have gone with the 70's golf theme, the Caddy Shack, Bushwood Theme. All my pants for Spring play are old 70's plaids, houndstooth, or solid bright colors. I am matching it up with new golf shirts, tucked, and a nice belt. I want to match, and stand out as much as possible. All Summer long, it will be plaid golf shorts (almost all new, since plaid is so hot for the summer, but crazy plaids and patch works).

Hey John, did you see this link to Poulter's pants at Zappo's? What is your take on those? Does the price seem high to you?

Volvo Intorqueo

Hey John, did you see this link to Poulter's pants at Zappo's? What is your take on those? Does the price seem high to you?

Way, way too high. Your paying for the name.

SubSeventy is setting up shop in the US at the end of the month. Much better prices, and styles and looks are better IMHOP. I have the new Spring Catalog on e-mail in a PDF if your interested.

John Barry

The Golfer's Trip

Way, way too high. Your paying for the name.

SubSeventy is setting up shop in the US at the end of the month. Much better prices, and styles and looks are better IMHOP. I have the new Spring Catalog on e-mail in a PDF if your interested.

Why don't you post it in a new thread for all of us to enjoy?

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

Why don't you post it in a new thread for all of us to enjoy?

Their catalog I got is a PDF, trying to attach it here.

And that would a no.

Here is a link to their UK site, the US site isn't finished yet, but should be before the end of the month:

SubSeventy

John Barry

The Golfer's Trip

• SPY VIP

Their catalog I got is a PDF, trying to attach it here.

And that would a no.

Here is a link to their UK site, the US site isn't finished yet, but should be before the end of the month:

SubSeventy

Golf outfit of the Month FTW!

Cool stuff, I can't wait to see the US site.

Keep us posted.

Volvo Intorqueo

• SPY VIP

My Outfit of the Month!

OH MY! That is...more than my game could back up.

While I love that outfit a ton. Can't quite get that one done either.

Pattern yes, color not for me.

Volvo Intorqueo

Archived