Testers Wanted! Takomo Long Game Clubs ×

80 Aces

Not breaking news but definitely debatable.  I just watched the story about Dan Decando and his claim to have 80 recorded aces.  I know people who have multiple, but 80, that certainly seems to fall into the category of unobtanium.  The statistician in the video said "he'd have better odds of being dealt 50 royal flushes in succession".  Anyone else seen this?  Are you buying it?

Also, in the name of equity, come on man... spread it around 😊.  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

On 5/1/2023 at 8:17 PM, fixyurdivot said:

Not breaking news but definitely debatable.  I just watched the story about Dan Decando and his claim to have 80 recorded aces.  I know people who have multiple, but 80, that certainly seems to fall into the category of unobtanium.  The statistician in the video said "he'd have better odds of being dealt 50 royal flushes in succession".  Anyone else seen this?  Are you buying it?

I haven’t seen that. Maybe it’s mini golf he is talking about? More of a believable story. Maybe all he does is play chip n putt courses? I am fresh out of ideas. I agree spread some love. Not that I have been playing my whole life but a good portion of it and I have exactly zero Aces. Closest I ever came was 6”. I will have to check it out now but face value I’m not buying it.

WITB

Driver: :taylormade-small:Stealth Plus+  Diamana ZF60 Flex X Shaft

3 Wood:  :cobra-small: King F8

Hybrid: :titleist-small: TSI3

Irons: :titleist-small: 2019 T100s Limited Edition Black

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM6s 52, 56, & 60 (Black Heads)

Putter: :cameron-small:  Phantom X 5.5

Gear: Bushnell Wingman & Shot Scope Pro LX+w/H4 for yardages. 

Stat Tracking: The Grint App

15 minutes ago, tommyb1683 said:

I haven’t seen that. Maybe it’s mini golf he is talking about? More of a believable story. Maybe all he does is play chip n putt courses? I am fresh out of ideas. I agree spread some love. Not that I have been playing my whole life but a good portion of it and I have exactly zero Aces. Closest I ever came was 6”. I will have to check it out now but face value I’m not buying it.

They are purportedly from legit courses, and most from the course he plays at in NJ.  I'm pretty sure 99.9% of us would not attain 80 aces playing par 3 execs, 5x/week our entire playing lives.  Oh and welcome to MGS forum and our exclusive club. 👏

Spoiler

I think the course has a par 3 green in the shape of a funnel and we now know where they put the pin!  😀

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

I remain aceless.

WITB

Driver: :callaway-small: Ai Smoke Triple Diamond 9*

Fairway: :callaway-small: XR 3W

3H: :taylormade-small:Taylor Burner superfast

4-AW: :taylormade-small: Burner (2009)

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey 56 & 60

Putter: :cleveland-small:clever HB SOFT Milled #1

Ball: :titleist-small: ProV1 2021

Rangefinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX10 Slope

On 5/3/2023 at 6:11 PM, Shapotomous said:

I think the course has a par 3 green in the shape of a funnel and we now know where they put rhe pin!  😀

Where is it? I'll go just to get out of the aceless thread.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

5 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

If i knew where it was i wouldnt be stuck in the aceless thread too!  😭

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

4 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

In the words of Don Henley, "you can check out anytime you like but you can never leave" 😉.

Y’all should just go get your ace out of the way.  Seriously?  It’s like reading another aceless thread!!  🤣

Mine come about every 8 years, and it’s been 8 years since my last one.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• 2 weeks later...

Is Decando talking about golf or his personal life?

- XY

-XY
BALL:  Titleist ProV1X
WOODS: Taylormade Stealth2 +, Callaway Epic Flash 3-wood
4- HYBRID: Stealth 2, stiff
IRONS: Ping i525, 6 - W, 1 degree flat, ProjectX 5.5 110 g shafts
WEDGES: Titleist SM9 52, 56, 60
PUTTER: L.A.B Mezz Max Broomstick
BAG: Ping Pioneer 
CART: MGI electric

• 1 month later...
On 5/1/2023 at 8:17 PM, fixyurdivot said:

Just saw the story on the Golf Channel.   I call BS.   He has signed affidavits from people that he was playing with but when they talked to some of those people that signed they said during their interview that they never saw him hit the ball or that things seemed odd.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

30 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Just saw the story on the Golf Channel.   I call BS.   He has signed affidavits from people that he was playing with but when they talked to some of those people that signed they said during their interview that they never saw him hit the ball or that things seemed odd.   

80 is truly hard to believe. Would seem truly impossible. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Absolutely no way!! I’ll throw out there this- Rory’s first ever ace on the PGA Tour happened just a few weeks ago! Regardless what you think of Rory, he is a top tour contender and it took him YEARS for his first ace on tour! No way this guy has 80! 

Driver: TaylorMade M6, stiff, 9°, 45.75"

3W: Lazrus 3 Wood, regular, 15°, 43.5"

3H: Lazrus 3 Hybrid, regular, 18°, 40.75"

5i-PW,AW: TaylorMade M6, steel (PW-43.5°, AW-49° [both 36.00"-D1/C9])

52°W: Lazrus, 52°, 8°, 35.25", D4, Milled face, Forged head, steel

56°W: Lazrus, 56°, 12°, 35.25", D4, Milled face, Forged head, steel

60°W: Lazrus, 60°, 10°, 35.25", D4, Milled face, Forged head, steel

Putter: TaylorMade Spider X Hydroblast, 35", Flow Neck #9 (21° toe hang), KBS Chrome C-Taper Stepless Stability, Superstroke Gtr 1.0 grip

Ball: TaylorMade TP5x, Titleist Pro V1x, experimenting with Snell & Vice

Bag: testing - Stitch Golf SL2 Fadeaway walking bag (active review post link)

3 hours ago, cnosil said:

I'm not sure that I could ever believe a claim to 80 aces. I'll have to see if I can find the story on Golf Channel to watch it.

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° & 58° w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

4 minutes ago, ParFore74x said:

I'm not sure that I could ever believe a claim to 80 aces. I'll have to see if I can find the story on Golf Channel to watch it.

A link was posted in the first post but here it  is again:  https://www.golfchannel.com/video/ace-hole-dan-decando-claims-80-holes-one

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

8 minutes ago, cnosil said:

A link was posted in the first post but here it  is again:  https://www.golfchannel.com/video/ace-hole-dan-decando-claims-80-holes-one

Thanks. I went back and looked at the first post again and there's the link that you speak of. It may be time for a nap. 😄

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° & 58° w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

Absolutely 100% complete  horse****.   Who is going to play golf and rush ahead to tee off before your playing partners are standing around the tee.   Funny the guy doing the piece couldn't presumably find anyone who was willing to say they literally witnessed him strike the ball, and watched it bounce in the hole.  Statistically it is so improbable that it just couldn't happen.

Some arrogant, narcissistic people just need to feel important!  I guess he got his wish by virtue of the fact that someone came and did a story.  Mission accomplished for him.  I hope he feels better about himself now!

Driver: Cobra King Speedzone

Irons:  :callaway-small: Mavrik 4-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CG-14 56 & RTX 52

Hybrid:  Callaway Apex Pro 2H 

Woods:  Gigagolf  3W, 

Putter:  Ping  Scottsdale Wolverine

Ball:  Srixon Z-Star XV 

I'm with @Stuka44 on this one.  No.  Possible.  Way.  This.  Is.  True.

Think how long it would take to get 80 aces if you owned your own 150 yard par 3 and you just stood there and fired at it all day?  It would still take an eternity.

Working at getting better ... and very slowly getting there.

•  :callaway-small: Paradym 🔹🔹🔹 8* (:accra: FX 3.0 140 M0 Otto-Phlex)
  •  :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 & 5 Woods (:Fuji: MotoreX F1 7-S)
  • :callaway-small: Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrid (:Fuji: MotoreX HB 7-S)
  •  :Miura: CB-57 4-P or Maltby TS3 (4-8)/TS4 (9-PW)/TS1 (GW) (shafts:  :projectx: LZ 6.0)
  • :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore 53*, and 58* mid wedges (KBS High Rev 125)
  • :scotty-small: Special Select Fastback 1.5
  • :redrooster: Gloves
  •  :maxfli: Tour X Balls

Don't count my clubs!  Ha.  The 4 iron, 5 hybrid, and 53* Cleveland are in and out of the bag depending on mood, course, and moon phase.

My Official 2024 TaylorMade Qi10 Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62804-taylormade-qi10-drivers-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1014200

My Official 2023 Red Rooster Sussex Glove Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/58614-2023-mgs-forum-member-test-red-rooster-sussex-golf-glove/#comment-911042

A good friend of mine named Steve, has 8 aces to his credit.  Steve, who is 67, was an outstanding high school golfer and competed against Payne Stewart.  He went on to win multiple club championships at our course.  I think 8 is an extraordinary, superhuman number, so 80 cannot be legit.  

Ping G430 Max 10k 9° w/UST MP5 L-Flex

Ping G425 3 wood 14.5° w/Ventus Velocore Blue-6R tipped 1"

Cleveland Halo Launcher 5 wood 18° with Project X Cypher R

Callaway Rogue 19° hybrid regular

PXG Gen 3 0311XF 5 - G steel regular

Corey Paul wedges bent to 53° and 58°

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5 putter

This is the course he plays:

giphy.gif

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

Nope. No shot. I remain aceless...honestly my worst fear is to be playing alone and have an ace. 

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

Is his name Kim Jong Un? I know a guy that I used to play with it had 13 aces. The majority of them were on a par 3 course he used to work at but he did have legitimate aces at other places but I don't know how many of those were of the 13. He was a pretty good player considering the weird swing he had.

Edited by Muckinfiddle

Hate yourself, not the game...

In my Vessel bag:

:cobra-small: King SpeedZone          :taylormade-small: MG 3 Satin RAW black 60°

:srixon-small: ZX 3 wood                          :vokey-small: SW & GW Black

:titleist-small:  3-PW                        :EVNROLL: EV2 Mid-Lock              :titleist-small: Prov1x-

Can't say it's 100% fake, some people have more luck than others with HIOs despite being worse golfers. The pro with the most recorded holes in one is a certain Mancil Davis with 51 official HIOs (was on the main PGA tour only from 75 to 76, so most of them on mini tours and the like). On the other side of the spectrum, Ben Hogan didn't have any recorded hole in one in all of his rather decorated career. Westwood has something like 15 on tour (can't find the actual current number) and never won a major, Rory just got his first and has won 4 majors... Anyway, when top level pros, playing for years an immense number of holes a year rarely reach into the 20 HIOs, I feel it rather improbable that a random Joe has 80... none documented on true cards of proper competitions or on camera, to make it worse. Wouldn't be surprised if he had less than 5 true hole in ones (which is already quite good, to be honest).

Edited by Franc38

Aim small... pray to miss small

My bag: Ping hoofer lite. My driver: Nike Vapor Pro. 4w: Inesis 500. Hybrid: Nike Vapor Flex. Irons (4-PW): Takomo 301 combo on KBS tour X. Wedges: Vokey SM7 52° and 58°. Putter: Cleveland Classic HB1. Balls: Inesis Tour900 yellow.

On 5/8/2023 at 8:17 PM, Kenny B said:

Y’all should just go get your ace out of the way.  Seriously?  It’s like reading another aceless thread!!  🤣

Mine come about every 8 years, and it’s been 8 years since my last one.

😝 (we need another post reaction emoji... or two)

I play 150-180 games a year and have 1 ace to my credit. Of course I am a crappy golfer :-). My wife has two. I think his story is bull or always playing on executive or par 3s.

Putter:  Guerin-Rife 

SW:  Cleveland CBX2

irons: PXG  0311 XF  gen 3

Hybrid 3-4:  PXG 0211

3-5 wood: PXG 0211

Driver: PXG 0311 XF gen 5

If true, God bless him. In over 30 years, never had one. Holed out from the fairway a couple times, and have been close, but nary a one.

Driver: Ping G430 SFT 10.5

Fairway Woods: Ping SFT G425 3-5

Hybrid   Ping G410 4H

Irons;    Ping G425 5-LW

Putter:  Ping Sigma2 Anser Platinum

Odyssey Tour#1 White Hot 

Ball:      Titleist Tour Speed

Bag:      Titleist

• 1 month later...

Has to be a fabrication

Taylormade Stealth Plus Driver 9, Oban Devotion 45-03 | Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 3 + 5 Wood, Oban Revenge 65-03 | Mizuno HiFli 16.5 2 Iron | Titleist T200 4-GW Irons, KBS Tour 110 R | Titleist Vokey Design SM9 Chrome SW & LW (54/12D, 60/12D) | Odyssey Versa Seven Putter  Titleist Pro V1x | Srixon Tour Staff Bag The Open Staff Bag 2022 | Clicgear Model 4.0 Buggy | Bushnell Tour V6 Shift Rangefinder | Golf Pride MCC ALIGN (Standard) Grips |