Testers Wanted! Takomo Long Game Clubs ×

SuperSpeed Golf - 2023 Forum Review

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Tommy and Gavinski! sheesh, its been 35 years since I had those swing speeds.

Im just really excited now getting to 100 mph. But I'm "the man" in my peer group haha, and hopefully will be back up to those 105's in a few months. 

I know its really too soon to be seeing any real gains yet, but Ive noticed my irons are all going a bit further. Could be the swing change I made a few months ago settling in too. But either way, its nice hitting one less iron of late...

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

19 hours ago, tommyb1683 said:

Alright I know I am a little behind everyone else but I wanted to start fresh for a M,W,F routine. I also had training for the military Fri-Sun and there wasn't much time to complete the training. So I went to the range and did my first session today. My goal is to go to the range everytime, I have one very close to my job so why not. I have to say that I was a little nervous as I wanted to make sure I setup everything right and followed the warmup correctly as well. It took a little more time than expected but mainly because I was pausing the videos to make sure I was doing everything correctly. I am a very competitive person so once I started swinging I was just trying to beat my own speeds. It's a great motivator. It's only session 1 so I know there isn't much to go off of but what I really noticed was that my lower back and core are sore already, good thing I did the warmup first! As you can see below I started my session with a 119 driver speed and the post training speed was 123. The club head speed definitely increased but ball speed decreased and so did carry distance. I know there are many factors that go into those numbers, so I am intrigued to see how that changes over the course of this training. I was hoping to go play 18 holes tomorrow but I might have to wait until my body gets more accustomed to the training and not so sore afterwards. I know the sheet I wrote on is a little messy but I wanted to see what all the swings were before I entered the fastest one into my spread sheet. 

session1predriver.jpg.849d7dc1e08e0e2a31b9818585e091c5.jpgsession1postdriver.jpg.b70a83c84cc986aff36b05731d0b005c.jpg

session1.jpg.948ed1e7da6f725b2b8656988f54a711.jpg

For sure there can be some "learning" of this new skill of speed. So be patient with those things. I would challenge you to try and get the SuperSpeed clubs moving even faster then you are. that will come with a little learning as you figure out how to just let loose and move those SuperSpeed clubs as fast as possible. But if you can get your driver to move near 120, your goal would be to get in a place where you are swinging all of the SuperSpeed clubs faster than that 120. At the least you would want to get those green and blue speeds up above it for sure. Keep at it, but notice and try to push those speeds on the SuperSpeed clubs.

Btw, for those of you who haven't figured it out yet, @DrTstandy is Tyler, PhD in biomechanics who works with the folks at Superspeed in developing products and tracking data like the data you're seeing here  to keep track of how the program works for golfers like you and me, as well as the tour staff and Superspeed ambassadors. 

Second straight day of rest here, but looking forward to getting back at it tomorrow evening. Goals for week 2 are as follows.

1: Going to hopefully be pushing closer to an average speed across all 5 swings of driver to 95 with maybe a top out closer to 100.

2: 1 Max out swing on the yellow stick at 108 or higher

3:  All left swing regular swings for a session over 80 mph

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

I finished week 1 of training yesterday and today went to the range at NKGC to, among other things, measure driver speed when hitting a ball versus the air swings which I take at home. The training update for 6/5/23 is as follows:

1. Pre/Post training speed (air swings with the driver) were 77 and 84 respectively.
  2. Dominant swings (in order of Light, Medium, Heavy) were 80, 78 and 77 respectively.
  3. Non-Dominant swings for the light club was 85% of dominant, whereas the medium and heavy clubs were 80% of Dominant.
  4. Step swings were (same order as #2) 86, 81 and 79, versus my first session in which they were actually slower than regular dominant. 
  5. Final Dominant swing with Light club was 85.

My swing speeds showed an increase of 4% on average between session 1 and session 3, much of which I suspect is attributable to getting used to doing the training. Happily, I can report a solid gain of 2 mph on the range today from my baseline of 75 to 77! Based on my results so far, I think that it 80-82 mph is a pretty reasonable goal. 

Driver Swing Speed after week 1.jpg

Edited by BobBC78

Ping G400 Max 10.5* - Kuro Kage HBP Black Gen 2, 44.5" length

Ping G425 SFT 5W (19*) - Alta CB Slate SR flex 

Ping G430 5H (26*), 6H (30*) and 7H (34*)- Alta CB 70 regular flex

Ping G710 8i-W - Recoil 80 F3 shaft (1)

Cleveland CBX4 50* and 58*, Smart Sole 4C - Recoil 95 F3 shaft

Odyssey Original 2-Ball White Hot counterbalanced (lead tape in the head, Super Stroke grip with 50-gram weight)

Other: Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear; Callaway Org 7 bag; Clicgear 3.5+

Currently doing a Member Review on Argolf's Pendragon XL Broomstick putter. 

I’m thinking that it’s way too early to be getting any results whilst playing this early in the game. However, during todays round, I started doing two pre-swings prior to actually hitting the golf ball. I did these practice swings just like I was swinging a speed stick, and swung them really really fast and hard, and then stepped in for my shot and tried to just make a good smooth swing. Iron shots as well.

i have to tell you …. Some of the shots went pretty far. A lot of 260-280 bombs, and this is teeing off at 6:00 am, with very wet fairways.

conversely, I also hit more klankers than normal too, so getting faster is only half of the equation, as one must still retain control of the club at that higher rpm.

its going to be an interesting ride

One of the things we were told in the pre-testing meeting is that part of what we will notice is that the time of day we do the exercises will impact our speeds. I found on this morning that testing before breakfast is definitely not optimal for me, as most of my speeds were down. I did hit 110 with a left-handed swing for the first time though!

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
Utility - :mizuno-small: Pro 225 3i, Mitsubishi MMT 105S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Powered by :Arccos:

2020 ExPutt Official Review | 2021 Cobra Connect Five Participant | 2023 SuperSpeed Official Review

10 hours ago, Sluggo42 said:

I’m thinking that it’s way too early to be getting any results whilst playing this early in the game. However, during todays round, I started doing two pre-swings prior to actually hitting the golf ball. I did these practice swings just like I was swinging a speed stick, and swung them really really fast and hard, and then stepped in for my shot and tried to just make a good smooth swing. Iron shots as well.

i have to tell you …. Some of the shots went pretty far. A lot of 260-280 bombs, and this is teeing off at 6:00 am, with very wet fairways.

conversely, I also hit more klankers than normal too, so getting faster is only half of the equation, as one must still retain control of the club at that higher rpm.

its going to be an interesting ride

So I like what you are doing with the fast swings before, I think that is a great thought to take to the shot. To the klankers, as you called them, remember that speed is a skill, and it is a skill worth practicing to get better at. Many of us hit a lot of bad shots trying to work through a swing path or face angle adjustment, etc. we suffer through some klankers because we know the end result raises are cieling of potential. You won't take as long to learn speed, but be a little patient, it is worth the effort!

7 hours ago, gavinski91 said:

One of the things we were told in the pre-testing meeting is that part of what we will notice is that when we test will impact our speeds. I found on this morning that testing before breakfast is definitely not optimal for me, as most of my speeds were down. I did hit 110 with a left-handed swing for the first time though!

Yes for sure, take note of that and find those times you can make the radar get high!

Well, I'm hoping to get started with Week 2 swings tonight, but a lot of that is dependent on Canada. As I'm sure you may be aware if you've been following news there are raging wildfires right now in Quebec, and all of that smoke is affecting air quality quite negatively in CNY where I am. As a former asthmatic child, I'm one of the types who probably shouldn't be out for that long in the open air. As such, we're thinking tonight might be masked-based outdoor swings, so just another potential hurdle tonight to get over. We will push on though to stay on schedule!

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

SIK Golf Flo-C

2 hours ago, Berg Ryman said:

Well, I'm hoping to get started with Week 2 swings tonight, but a lot of that is dependent on Canada. As I'm sure you may be aware if you've been following news there are raging wildfires right now in Quebec, and all of that smoke is affecting air quality quite negatively in CNY where I am. As a former asthmatic child, I'm one of the types who probably shouldn't be out for that long in the open air. As such, we're thinking tonight might be masked-based outdoor swings, so just another potential hurdle tonight to get over. We will push on though to stay on schedule!

Or maybe not, the air quality has shifted into the hazardous range for here and very unhealthy is the quality at home. Trying to come up with some alternative for tonight... hrrm

SIK Golf Flo-C

2 hours ago, Berg Ryman said:

Or maybe not, the air quality has shifted into the hazardous range for here and very unhealthy is the quality at home. Trying to come up with some alternative for tonight... hrrm

Wildfire smoke has become a normal part of summer for us out on the West coast, and for folks who are susceptible it can be pretty brutal. For sure stay safe out there!

2020 ExPutt Official Review | 2021 Cobra Connect Five Participant | 2023 SuperSpeed Official Review

I know y'all are just getting started with your protocols and I wanted to say it looks like it's going good so far. The non dominant swings are definitely something to get used to, but the crazy thing is, you'll probably have some days here in a few weeks that you'll see faster speeds with them than your normal swings.

Has there been any discussion about possibly bringing the grip strength trainer into the mix for you testers? I think that would be an interesting one to see how it benefits y'all in increasing speed. 

Started week 2 today.  It's encouraging to see the numbers steadily increase (for the most part).  In my first session of week 1, my pre and post were 84 and 95.  Today they were 93 and 102.  Excited to go to the range soon to see how I measure against my initial baseline.

Driver: :ping-small: Ping G425 Max ( Mitsubishi Tensei Orange 55g R)

Woods: :callaway-logo-1: Callaway Big Bertha B23 3 Wood (RCH 55 Regular), :taylormade-small: TaylorMade Stealth 2 HD 5 Wood (Fujikura Speeder NX Red Regular)

Hybrid:  :titleist-small: Titleist TSR2 5 Hybrid (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 65 R)

Irons: :callaway-logo-1: Callaway Apex 21 DCB (Project X IO Steel R), 

Wedges: :cleveland-small: Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 50, :cleveland-small: Cleveland CBX Zipcore 54, :callaway-logo-1: Callaway Jaws Full Face 58

Putter: :cleveland-small: Cleveland HB Soft #8P (UST All-In)

Ball: :srixon-small: Srixon Q Star Tour

For folks who wanted to see how much of a workout it really is - I manage to work up a pretty good sweat!

803A916E-FE61-409A-B032-6FC9C537B61A.jpeg.4f6959dcfb146d42acd8716d5a652b16.jpeg

For reference, my resting heart rate is 60 bpm, and my max is ~195. The first 7 minutes or so were the warmup, and the valleys in the HR graph after that point were the 60-second breaks before moving into the heavy stick. 

13 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

I know y'all are just getting started with your protocols and I wanted to say it looks like it's going good so far. The non dominant swings are definitely something to get used to, but the crazy thing is, you'll probably have some days here in a few weeks that you'll see faster speeds with them than your normal swings.

Has there been any discussion about possibly bringing the grip strength trainer into the mix for you testers? I think that would be an interesting one to see how it benefits y'all in increasing speed. 

Ok, good a question I know the answer to! So I brought this up in the pre-test call with Tyler and Michael about adding the products they sell to accompany the typical overspeed training sticks, like the squeeze, the C Stick, and the Force Pedal, and what their aims for the testing were or are with this round of testing. I know they talked about the Squeeze on the community call they did and some of the other products as well so I knew there was interest and I'm looking at trying whatever to make me faster, so I figured I'd bring it up.

They said they wanted us to solely focus on the ten-week protocol with just the regular old Superspeed program for now. My hope is that this test gains the traction of the old thread from 2020, and we're still talking about it years down the line because I do potentially plan on picking up some of these other products once the 10 weeks is done and I can go over my thoughts with Tyler and Michael as to what I think I need to go even faster and keep this thread alive in that fashion.

SIK Golf Flo-C

Hit a couple bombs today, can’t wait to get a few months into this affair!

12 hours ago, gavinski91 said:

For folks who wanted to see how much of a workout it really is - I manage to work up a pretty good sweat!

803A916E-FE61-409A-B032-6FC9C537B61A.jpeg.4f6959dcfb146d42acd8716d5a652b16.jpeg

For reference, my resting heart rate is 60 bpm, and my max is ~195. The first 7 minutes or so were the warmup, and the valleys in the HR graph after that point were the 60-second breaks before moving into the heavy stick. 

This is pretty indictive of what I see when players start doing this training for the first time. It is a workout and is supposed to be. I'll be interested to see how these change as you progress through the next 10 weeks. Great job!

4 hours ago, Berg Ryman said:

Ok, good a question I know the answer to! So I brought this up in the pre-test call with Tyler and Michael about adding the products they sell to accompany the typical overspeed training sticks, like the squeeze, the C Stick, and the Force Pedal, and what their aims for the testing were or are with this round of testing. I know they talked about the Squeeze on the community call they did and some of the other products as well so I knew there was interest and I'm looking at trying whatever to make me faster, so I figured I'd bring it up.

They said they wanted us to solely focus on the ten-week protocol with just the regular old Superspeed program for now. My hope is that this test gains the traction of the old thread from 2020, and we're still talking about it years down the line because I do potentially plan on picking up some of these other products once the 10 weeks is done and I can go over my thoughts with Tyler and Michael as to what I think I need to go even faster and keep this thread alive in that fashion.

Yes lets get these initial speed gains from the foundation of the SuperSpeed system, the 3 club system. Then for sure we can connect and map out a plan for the future! 

Had session 2 yesterday and I definitely believe there is a learning curve when first starting this protocol. I feel more comfortable and it was only session 2. Getting used to those non-dominant swings as well. What really stood out to me was the final swings with the light club reaching a club head speed of 132mph that is insane. My pre training speed was higher today but my post training speed was the same as the other day. Still higher but I am wondering if fatigue may be playing a factor in those as well. I have had a busy week with golf and life in general that it's a lot for the body to jump into. The warmup felt a little easier and smoother. I keep this up I might have to join the Tour at age 40 🤣.  The speeds were higher in every single category and I think that is the whole point to learn how to move the body and engage the proper muscles in order to swing those clubs as fast as possible. I am wondering if there will be a plateau along the way being that my swing speed started out high. I hope not, I hope I can continue to make gains, we shall see. I did also notice that my ball speed increased even though the club head speed was relatively the same and that created a longer carry which is always nice. The training environment was relatively the same, morning training with no breakfast(I don't ever eat breakfast), the only difference was I went to a different golf range today. I am going to try a training session later in the day friday and see if that makes any difference. 

Session2.jpg.e714ff268b2188ef9e5efeed142f9fb5.jpg

Session2predriver.jpg.3cdd41816bc0dcc55d2bfa0522d1bbdc.jpgSession2PostDriver.jpg.33579206f979e5282ed00cb7786d6091.jpg

WITB

Driver: :taylormade-small:Stealth Plus+  Diamana ZF60 Flex X Shaft

3 Wood:  :cobra-small: King F8

Hybrid: :titleist-small: TSI3

Irons: :titleist-small: 2019 T100s Limited Edition Black

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM6s 52, 56, & 60 (Black Heads)

Putter: :cameron-small:  Phantom X 5.5

Gear: Bushnell Wingman & Shot Scope Pro LX+w/H4 for yardages. 

Stat Tracking: The Grint App

On 6/5/2023 at 3:54 PM, Sluggo42 said:

Tommy and Gavinski! sheesh, its been 35 years since I had those swing speeds.

Im just really excited now getting to 100 mph. But I'm "the man" in my peer group haha, and hopefully will be back up to those 105's in a few months. 

I know its really too soon to be seeing any real gains yet, but Ive noticed my irons are all going a bit further. Could be the swing change I made a few months ago settling in too. But either way, its nice hitting one less iron of late...

I couldn't believe those types of speeds myself. I have also been the long hitter in my golf group, I can't wait to see where this takes us and where I end now in terms of distance and control on the course. Just a personal would love to see if I can crack 130mph on club head speed. 

WITB

Driver: :taylormade-small:Stealth Plus+  Diamana ZF60 Flex X Shaft

3 Wood:  :cobra-small: King F8

Hybrid: :titleist-small: TSI3

Irons: :titleist-small: 2019 T100s Limited Edition Black

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM6s 52, 56, & 60 (Black Heads)

Putter: :cameron-small:  Phantom X 5.5

Gear: Bushnell Wingman & Shot Scope Pro LX+w/H4 for yardages. 

Stat Tracking: The Grint App

How has everyone found the fatigue factor so far? Have you found the best time of day to do Training or? 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I've done four sessions so far, number five is Saturday. I was pretty sore after the first two, but thereafter not so much. It is definitely a good workout and I am already seeing some improvement in club head speed. As for time of day, I try to stick to mid-morning which seems to work best. Although we in RI are experiencing some of the smoke from the Quebec wildfires, its nothing like those in NY and PA, so it hasn't stopped me from doing my training 

Odyssey Original 2-Ball White Hot counterbalanced (lead tape in the head, Super Stroke grip with 50-gram weight)

Other: Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear; Callaway Org 7 bag; Clicgear 3.5+

54 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

How has everyone found the fatigue factor so far? Have you found the best time of day to do Training or? 

It poops you out momentarily , and gets you huffing and puffing. Also gets your heart rate up and running strong.now I usually do my session after I play my normal morning round,as I play a lot. So for me it’s a mid to late morning. But it’s not something that wipes you out for the day, it’s really just a 15 minute blast after your warmups. But for me at my age, it’s the most exertion at one given time i ever do, so I can really feel it.

Check out this 7 iron shot. Pre-routine I was in the 82-84 at best… then this happened..

66C799E8-D3DC-42C4-AA79-1380F4B89016.jpeg.60197a1878ad6ce4358cb546f4f57240.jpeg

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

So I could probably wear the fitbit during training, although I don't wear a watch when I play. I'll say this, I've been primarily an evening swinger in this system and some of those days have been very warm, and some, like last night, were in the soft summer rain as Mr. Springsteen once called it, but after every set I go into my shower and just let some cold water run down this big ol' mass of flesh. I'm not in the best shape of anyone doing this, but even if you are, it's a hell of a quick blast and really makes me wonder how I'll feel when we up the number of swings from 39 in training to 57 in level 2. That's going to be a fun time!

Also, yes, I did some swing training last night after the rain came and cleared up some of the smoke out of the atmosphere, which was nice. My wife tracked but because of the rain, she kept numbers on the phone so no photo of a legal pad for you with this post, although the numbers are being transposed for record-keeping purposes. You'll also notice if you click on the top of the thread where there's the google document, I've changed my fastest swing. I will keep 5 swing averages for post-workout sets for myself, but seeing how everyone else is doing what we were told and just putting in the fastest single swing, I'm joining that party. As such we are starting this week at 94 MPH, which is up 2 MPH from where we started last week and near the top out of 95 from last week.

So thoughts on the Wednesday night swing. First, the rain had little effect on grip thanks to having a solid set of rain gloves. If anything, it may have helped because coming in with slightly more grip pressure was a necessity to stop the club from slipping. The biggest note though, I felt like I've figured out moving that green stick in space. You'll see with the numbers below that I was moving it nearly equal to the yellow stick and I have a thought as to why that is. My body hasn't figured out how to best optimize the movement to get the yellow stick speeds up, but as green is slightly closer to club weight, my body has figured that one out a little easier. It's going to be worth watching to see if I can better optimize yellow because I feel like I'm close, I just need to get my brain to lock it into place. Another good note, almost hit my opposite swing goals of all regular swings over 80 for a session, which seems very doable. Without further ado, here's the swing numbers.

YELLOW

Right Side Swings: 100, 103, 104  Left Side: 83, 84, 85         Right Side Step Swing: 103, 103, 102    Left Side Step Swing:  79, 80, 83              Max out at end: 104, 105, 104

GREEN

Right Side Swings: 103, 102, 101  Left Side: 79, 80, 84         Right Side Step Swing: 98, 99, 96    Left Side Step Swing:  81, 78, 77

BLUE

Right Side Swings: 97, 96, 94  Left Side: 77,76,80         Right Side Step Swing: 98, 93, 94    Left Side Step Swing:  77, 71, 78

Driver swings at end: Fastest swing was 96

SO not crazy impressive like some in the thread yet, but I feel like something is coming soon with a big jump. Also, I may need to space things better because fatigue can be an issue nearing the end of the session, even with the breaks. Just have to get those reps in I suppose!  

SIK Golf Flo-C

Somebody secretly filmed me hitting a warm up ball after two sessions, and then posted it on YouTube!

I can’t believe someone would do that. But, since the cats is out of the bag, I thought it better to share with you in here, rather than seeing it accidentally…

so here it is…

https://www.facebook.com/reel/977294493624451?fs=e&s=TIeQ9V&mibextid=AHyiLo

10 hours ago, Sluggo42 said:

Somebody secretly filmed me hitting a warm up ball after two sessions, and then posted it on YouTube!

I can’t believe someone would do that. But, since the cats is out of the bag, I thought it better to share with you in here, rather than seeing it accidentally…

so here it is…

https://www.facebook.com/reel/977294493624451?fs=e&s=TIeQ9V&mibextid=AHyiLo

You say that now, but I've looked ahead in the protocols, step change swings are there at like level 4 I think? We'll all be Berkshire by then hopefully!

SIK Golf Flo-C

My buddies laugh at me every time I step up to the tee, as I take my two 150 mph warm up swings prior to my actual swing. Then I get the “you should take putting lessons instead of hitting it further”. Which wouldn’t hurt at all as I always miss 4-5 reasonable birdie putts per round.

but then I think, “well, how is it that I’m getting all these birdie opportunities that I’m missing??” Maybe because I’m hitting smaller irons into every green, because my drives are always 30-40 yards further… then my buddy says 75 for you again… if only you could putt…🙄

23 minutes ago, Sluggo42 said:

My buddies laugh at me every time I step up to the tee, as I take my two 150 mph warm up swings prior to my actual swing. Then I get the “you should take putting lessons instead of hitting it further”. Which wouldn’t hurt at all as I always miss 4-5 reasonable birdie putts per round.

but then I think, “well, how is it that I’m getting all these birdie opportunities that I’m missing??” Maybe because I’m hitting smaller irons into every green, because my drives are always 30-40 yards further… then my buddy says 75 for you again… if only you could putt…🙄

hard to argue with this ... 

it's help Padraig hit the ball a LOT longer.

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Axis1 TourHM
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Friday night 9-hole league yesterday was on the back-9 of NKGC. On the 6 driving holes (there are 3 Par-3s) I hit driver four times and 3-wood twice and used the approach that @Sluggo42 mentions above (also used by Padraig Harrington) of making 1 or 2 warmup swings as fast as possible before taking my actual swing. With the driver, I had two fantastic drives including one which was the longest (211 yards) that I have hit in years. Unfortunately, the other two I missed badly, nearly skying one and hitting a smothered hook with the other. The 3-wood shots both worked out well as my first one was equal to my longest 3-wood to date (164 yards) while the second one was 9-yards longer at 173 yards. What I need to learn, and I think Padraig mentions this in the video, is to throttle back my real swing somewhat and make sure that I get a good strike. But I definitely like the idea of fast as possible warmup swings.

My fifth session was this morning and I am definitely beginning to see gains from Super Speed training already.

I’m not sure if I like the two days off on the weekends…