Talk to me about your go-to premium golf ball!

Shlax

All balls in yellow unless the driving range with yellow balls is on my left, then I play a white version of these until past the range. I prefer lower spinning balls with my driver, I have no problem spinning any of these into the green. 

Chrome soft X LS

Maxfli tour 

Titleist AVX

Pro V1

Tour Response

10 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I intend to stick with Vice for the forseesble future. I get great numbers from the pro plus. Enjoy the feel and overall performance along with Price.

I have had good success with the Vice Pro Plus in the past despite my slow swing speed. Since based on the latest ball test, the Pro and Pro Plus are practically interchangeable, and since I like a little softer feel, especially off the driver, I am going to stick with the Vice Pro. On those holes where a lot of trouble lurks, and/or the possibility of losing a ball is high, I'll probably bring out a Sugar Pure for now, and maybe an even less expensive ball in the future when my supply of the Sugar is gone. Not sure what ball that is going to be at this point. 

In my TaylorMade Supreme Golf Bag:
Driver:  PXG Gen 6 0311 10.5° with Motore X F3 R Shaft 45"
3W:  Callaway 3W Mavrik Max w/ UST Helium Black 4F2
5W: Callaway Epic Flash (+1/N) w/ Project X Evenflow Green R Flex
Hybrid:  Callaway Big Bertha 4H (+1/N) w/ UST Recoil 760 ES F2
Irons: PXG 0211DC 5-GW w/ MMT 60 A Flex
Wedges: Kirkland 52°/56°/60° w/ True Temper Shafts
Putter:  Seemore Original FGP Mallet / Cobra King Nova / Toulon Portland
Ball:  Callaway ERC Soft / Snell MTB Black / Sugar Pure / Vice Pro

I'm a fan of, and user of the OnCore VeroX1 as my everyday golf ball. In chillier conditions I'll use their Elixr model ball. I've tested various golf balls from a variety of manufacturers and these happen to stand out for me in terms of performance and my wallet.

On 8/16/2023 at 8:39 AM, Shlax said:

Okay folks, this topic will never cease to be moot, but always fun.

Let's hear about your preferred premium golf ball: Why, how, what, who? Have you been fitted for your golf ball?

While I completely agree that the Titleist Pro V1 is the undisputed champion of all golf balls and that its performance is the highest in basically every category, I was stunned at the price of a dozen balls of this year's model (i.e., 83.92$ or 6.99$/ball)). I still make it an absolute requirement for my game to minimally play with a 3-piece urethane golf ball, but I'm officially done buying premium balls at retail price.

Personally, my go-to balls are:

• Srixon Z-Star (6.71$/ball): To me, it's a very similar ball to the Pro V1 only it comes on sale (40-50% off) multiple times during the season so I can stack up as needed for a very resonable price. I don't especially like a clicky higher compression ball so anything around 90 max is perfect for me. Performance with driver is stellar and control around the greens is definitely a strong point.
  • Srixon Q-Star Tour (4.31$/ball): This is one of the most underrated ball in my opinion. It has lower compression than the Z-Star (around 70) but still feels responsive and not too squishy off the face. Once again, it comes on sale regularly during the season.
  • Kirkland Performance+ V2.0 (2.16$/ball): While it is far from being my preferred ball because its compression is high for my liking and it feels too clicky off the face (and is too spinny, especially with driver, as a result), performance around the green is stunning and the price point is simply impossible to match: 51.73$ for 2 dozens. It's a ball that I can use reliably on difficult par 3s with water and don't care too much if I lose it after a single swing on occasion.
  • TaylorMade TP5 & TP5x (6.71$/ball): The TP5 is also a ball that I consider very similar to the Pro V1 and Z-Star from what I have experienced. Last boxing day, is was able to find both models at half price and have been alternating both this season. While the TP5x is a bit clicky to me (high compression), it is miles ahead of the Kirkland Performance+ V2.0 in terms of feel. That being said, the price of a dozen balls being 80.47$ at retail, I always prioritize both Srixon models above (and possibly the Z-Star Diamond and Z-Star XV) when they are on sale.
  • TaylorMade Tour Response (5.27$/ball): Similar to the Srixon Q-Star Tour, I think that it is an "entry premium ball" that is worth using. On sale, it is wonderful. At regular price, I would once again prioritize Srixon models.

Being from Canada, I have yet to really test DTC brands like Maxfli, Vice, OnCore, Snell, etc. Most of these brands are based in the US and after conversion rate + customs fees, their agressive prices end up being not so interesting. I am eager to eventually try some of their offerings though.

NOTE: All prices mentioned above are in CANADIAN dollars at retail and include applicable taxes. I know it is much higher than prices in USD, but the ratios between ball prices is the main point to keep in mind here.

Pro V1 and Pro V1x provide me the most consistent results.

Have played the Z Star Diamond with great success, especially in wet conditions. TP5/TP5x lose too much distance to the Pro V1 for me.

Also play the Vice Pro Plus, really great ball. You should give them a look, they're based out of Germany, not the US. You can buy their premium ball on Amazon CA for $56/dozen! I am also from Canada

I like golf. You should like golf. If life is tough, play more golf!

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-MJ 6x

Titleist TSr3 18 Degree, Graphite Design Tour Ad-DI 7x

Takomo 301CB's, KBS Tours 120S

Vokey SM8 48 10F, 52 08F, 56 08M, 60 08M

Odyssey O-Works Jailbird Mini, Versa Scheme, 17" Fatso 3.0 Grip, 40"

Jazz Tacoma Cart Bag

Titleist Pro V1x

I am currently trying out the Mizuno RB  Tour/ and RB Tour X - as I got them at a pretty competitive price (35€ a dozen) and I am pretty impressed by them. Might be my new go-to ball.

before that I was supporting a local company called „IKARUS Golf“ that is sourcing premium Golfballs from manufacturers and import them by themselves and they are at the same Golfclub as I. 

They are only available within Europe btw.

But I really like the feel and flight of the Mizuno RB Tour (X). I think i might stick to them, as i do with irons, wedges, fairway woods, my bag… the shoes and gloves - i might be biased again… i can already feel it by myself 🙂 

Hit it straight 🙂

Kong

My premium go to balls are TP5 Pix when greens are on the firmer side and TP5x Pix when the greens are on the softer side.  I have played Titleist Pro V's, Maxfli Tour's, and Callaway's just don't have a consistent flight and play as I get out of TaylorMade TP5/x's!  I will play the others if I find them and on a hole that I might lose a ball.  And luckily not the individuals that get stuck with extra fees to have them shipped overseas!

Salisbury New Taylormade M1 Demo - Tailor Made Logo Png Clipart ...Driver: Taylor Made Stealth 10.5*

Mizuno Irons: JPX 923 Tour

Irons: Proto Rose

Ladies Golf Balls - Titleist Golf Logo Clipart (#110861) - PinClipartWedges: SM7 52.08; SM6 60.04

Cleveland Golf Png & Free Cleveland Golf.png Transparent Images ...Wedges: Zip core: 54, and 58 

Callaway Golf Wedge: Jaws 50

Salisbury New Taylormade M1 Demo - Tailor Made Logo Png Clipart ... Putter: Platinum S

Odyssey putter: Jail Bird

Being fairly new I had typically been playing the Kirklands...

However, when my grandfather passed I went thru his golf stuff. He was a marshall at his home course down in the Springs area. He had a huge stash of about 600-700 balls, all sorted. 

So far out of those, my current favorites are Chrome Soft, Z-star, Bridgestone, and Vice Pro. Have a bunch of ProV1/V1X and TP5 but haven't gotten around to playing them. 

PXG 5th Gen 0311 Driver

TaylorMade Burner 2.0 Irons

Been using the Z-Star Diamond as I got them on a 2 for one sale.  Great ball in the wind.  Also using the Bridgestone Tour B-XS when it’s not so windy.  Both Excellent balls on approach and short game play.  Using a Stealth Plus with 100 to 105 speed and with the lower launch and spin, so these two balls work perfectly for me.  

Stealth Plus 9 Driver

Cobra SZ Big 3 Wood 13.5

Cobra SZ 2 Hybrid 

Ping I-500 irons 4-PW

Ping Glide 3.0 wedges 50,54,58

Odyssey Stroke Lab DbleWide Putter 

My go to selections are : ProV, ProVx, Oncore Elixr (plays very much like ProV) with a good price point, Calloway chrome soft or Supersoft, Taylormade tour response.

Recently I got over 100 balls at a yard sale for $10. all but a few in very good condition. most were ProV's. lots of Calloways's, some Bridgestones (not my favorite).

:taylormade-small:Taylormade R1 driver (set to 9 degrees)
:taylormade-small: Taylormade SLDR driver 10.5 degrees
:callaway-small: Callaway big bertha 3 wood
:wilson-small: Wilson 5 wood
:taylormade-small:Taylormade Aeoburner irons (5-pw)
:taylormade-small:Taylormade 52 degree wedge
Ping knock-off sand Wedge
Warrior 60 degree wedge
Trutech putter

On 9/7/2023 at 1:53 PM, Mister G said:

I have tried several golf balls, usually long term (depending on how quickly I lose them I try out at least 36 golf balls per brand or type). The following worked the best for me at the time. I used less expensive balls when I first started (because I lost so many) but I found that Noodle long and soft were inexpensive and did not pile on by adding more spin and spinning off course on my already wayward shots. It was therefore the best for my game at the time. As my game progressed I moved on to Wilson staff as a somewhat more expensive ball (bought on-line for less) and was very happy with the short game feel I got from them.

Last year I moved up to using Titleist Tru-feel for several months and loved the short game feel but was losing more than a few yards off the tee box. Finally, although I still lose a few golf balls, I have moved up to Titleist V1x (2016 used) bought in bulk on-line and have really seen a remarkable amount of progress wherein the ball goes when it is supposed to go and stops when it is supposed to stop!!! Remarkable--what's the old punch line---it's not you it's your clubs (ball, shoes, lack of practice, etc.) but clearly, for me, the ball you play makes a greater difference in lowering my score than any other piece of equipment. Which is logical because the golf ball is the only piece of equipment that you use on every hole. 

For example, after establishing the Titleists as my golf ball de-jour I remember once being in a hurry and leaving half of my clubs in my practice bag (a small Sunday bag) at home because my buddy gave me the wrong tee time. I scrambled out of the house with only my main golf bag and played with only the nine remaining clubs (none of my favorite, go-to clubs). I actually shot 3 strokes better!! 

It's clear you've found the right golf ball to improve your game. The Titleist V1x has made a significant difference for you, enhancing your accuracy and stopping power. It just goes to show that choosing the right ball for your playing style can be as crucial as your clubs. Keep enjoying your game and the progress you're making.

Edited by jareeymonda

1 hour ago, Craig G. said:

Mayfli Tour. As near a ProV as you can get. Going on six months using it and it's a very solid ball. May try the S model after the Ball Test MyGolfSpy put out.

I wanted to like that ball in the worst way, but I just found it shorter than the other balls I typically play. Of course, that was the previous version, so I don’t know if the latest version is any different. Or, maybe I have to try the Maxfli Tour X.

In my TaylorMade Supreme Golf Bag:
Driver:  PXG Gen 6 0311 10.5° with Motore X F3 R Shaft 45"
3W:  Callaway 3W Mavrik Max w/ UST Helium Black 4F2
5W: Callaway Epic Flash (+1/N) w/ Project X Evenflow Green R Flex
Hybrid:  Callaway Big Bertha 4H (+1/N) w/ UST Recoil 760 ES F2
Irons: PXG 0211DC 5-GW w/ MMT 60 A Flex
Wedges: Kirkland 52°/56°/60° w/ True Temper Shafts
Putter:  Seemore Original FGP Mallet / Cobra King Nova / Toulon Portland
Ball:  Callaway ERC Soft / Snell MTB Black / Sugar Pure / Vice Pro

PREMIUM golf ball:  Left Dash ProV1X

MAY be just as good:  Maxfli CG Tour

I play the premiums for tourneys and outings. Maxfli for every day  A third the price.  Doesn't hurt so bad when I lose them.

Been golfing 63 years.  Consider myself better than average. Play 54 - 72 holes a week in season. 

The Pro V I consider the best as well.  But I’m not paying that price for balls. My second fave is the Srixon Z star XV.  I will buy them when they go on sale. Usually 2 dozen for $70. I really like the Maxfli Tour, Snell MTB, and the PXG balls also. 

I did the Titleist blind test last year.  The Pro V1 left dot is the best ball I have every hit.  Since I can't get them I play the Srixon Z Star Divide. 

Driver: Titleist TSR 3 10* Accura TZ6 M3 65g

Fairways: Callaway Rogue 15* & 19* Matrix Ozik TP 6 HD stiff 

Hybrid: Titleist TSI 4 & 5 Hybrids Mitsubishi Tensi AV 65 HY X stiff   

Irons:  KZG Forged III 6-P Accura iS7 (Refinished and regrooved)

Wedges: Cleveland CBX  50*, Taylormade MG 3 Tiger grind 56 bent to 54/10 & Taylormade MG 4 Tiger grind 56 bent to 58/14

Putter: Positive Putter's Custom P2 (think Edel putter meets Heavy Putter)

Ball: Callaway Chome Tour                        

All clubs have Winn Dri-Tac Wraps oversized

My go to premium ball is the Titleist ProV1 hands down. My go to everyday ball is the Maxfli Tour. I play ProV1's on special occasions, about 1/3rd of my rounds.

And the ProV1-V1X-AVX (in like new condition) is the only ball I will keep when I find lost balls. Anything else I find I give to others in my group or just toss them onto the fairway for someone else to "find." Occasionally if I find the flagship 3-piece urethane ball from someone other than Titleist that I have not tried before, I will keep it to try, otherwise it gets the fairway toss...I've pretty much tried them all by now.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

I have been playing Titliest AVX and PXG-I find there is not much difference in any situation. Cost difference is Titliest $54 and PXG $40-BUT I usually buy Titliests in the spring when they have buy 2 or 3 dozen and get one free which lowers the cost to comparable with PXG.

Golf Gear Head

Bridgestone Tour B X or Titleist Pro V1x are my go-to's. Both have the consistent spin I need for my game around the greens and stopping power with irons in, plus they go miles off the tee with the driver.

Bridgestone are normally at a better price point here in NZ but I just shop the sales usually.

"No one has as much luck around the greens as one who practices a lot."

7 minutes ago, essceebird said:

Bridgestone Tour B X or Titleist Pro V1x are my go-to's. Both have the consistent spin I need for my game around the greens and stopping power with irons in, plus they go miles off the tee with the driver.

Bridgestone are normally at a better price point here in NZ but I just shop the sales usually.

I am in the same boat on this. I am playing the Tour B X and it may be user error, but I have shaved 11.6 strokes off my last 10 rounds since playing this ball. That could be attributed to the lesson, but it’s working and I am not changing.

Plus I am hitting my 5W 270 off the tee and spinning wedge shots from 50 out. I have never done either, so I am really digging this ball. 

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

8 hours ago, Tea Time said:

The vice pro and pro plus are both excellent. With the funky colors and drip balls they're very catchy. Besides the cosmetics, both balls are legit player balls. I really play well with the vice balls. 

In reality I think all these manufacturers are making great equipment and it really doesn't matter which bullet you choose. It is the Indian not the arrow. Hope this helps, love these topics. 

I agree! I got to try the Vice Pro this summer when I found one while, well, looking for my lost ball😅.

I still don’t know if it was green or yellow because it was indeed a funky tone, but I liked it and could definitely see myself game this ball on the regular! Ended up shooting below 80 and one of my 5 best rounds of the year with this ball that day!

I tried the Pro Plus last year in a similar fashion. While a touch clicky for my taste, it was a very good ball to play and went for miles off the tee.

I’ll get my hands on a box of Vice golf balls soon enough.

Edited by Shlax
Pro Plus

D: Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.0ebce72d60b9ee4e1161e241fbbd9429.png Rogue ST Max LS 9° / Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.d0d357367dfa8603e4c4c28d6264026b.png Rogue White 130 MSI 70X

3W: Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.4a59074c9744cc7e092f2c36e18ab3de.png Sim Max 15° / Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.6803317b2b3571b718d8c629a4de5c56.png Ventus Blue FW 6S

3H: Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.6cb9c9932faadee028fda9a351832472.png TSi3 20° / True Temper Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.9a635b7848f15fd4613c0dfb4aad00e0.png Smoke Black RDX 6.0 80HYB

4i-PW: image.png.54cd730cdbf83f1301bb01ca97353cf9.png 01CB / Capturedcran2023-10-05111734.png.2d7f7e831dcd320c5c5d06d9d07a8556.png Tour 130X 2023 tester

52°-56°-60°: Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.4a59074c9744cc7e092f2c36e18ab3de.png Milled Grind 2 / True Temper Capturedcran2023-10-05111734.png.76d14504ff83a37b897afbd6c4a1f0e0.png S200

PCapturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.cf5a492ebe80529a929e3f89cb5060c7.png DFX 2-ball

Ball: Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.9ff2829469d46ce26b695253efbcd6a1.png Q-Star Tour & Z-Star and Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.4a59074c9744cc7e092f2c36e18ab3de.png TP5 & TP5x

Grips: D-3W: image.png.ec39cb9c1e60dc5987a37598700b82cc.png Z-Grip Cord / 3H-PW: Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.d618cbfa3b9983eb4bb68d740c266b8a.png Crossline 360 / Wedges: Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.d618cbfa3b9983eb4bb68d740c266b8a.png Genesis Crossline Cord

Bag: image.png.45e8d8c11fdf4042fc63eb6c5195276e.png Anyday Ronin 14 2024 tester

Stat tracking: image.png.d3672a19dde52cc71c030458c62e5421.png X5

Pro V1x here. But to the reasons you stated, I don’t know that it is worth the premium price for my game. 

I got a Vice ball sampler pack and I liked them. From the MGS ball lab 2023 test, I am planning Vice Pro Plus drip in my next round of ball purchases! 

Driver: TaylorMade M6, stiff, 9°, 45.75"

3W: Lazrus 3 Wood, regular, 15°, 43.5"

3H: Lazrus 3 Hybrid, regular, 18°, 40.75"

5i-PW,AW: TaylorMade M6, steel (PW-43.5°, AW-49° [both 36.00"-D1/C9])

52°W: Lazrus, 52°, 8°, 35.25", D4, Milled face, Forged head, steel

56°W: Lazrus, 56°, 12°, 35.25", D4, Milled face, Forged head, steel

60°W: Lazrus, 60°, 10°, 35.25", D4, Milled face, Forged head, steel

Putter: TaylorMade Spider X Hydroblast, 35", Flow Neck #9 (21° toe hang), KBS Chrome C-Taper Stepless Stability, Superstroke Gtr 1.0 grip

Ball: TaylorMade TP5x, Titleist Pro V1x, experimenting with Snell & Vice

Bag: testing - Stitch Golf SL2 Fadeaway walking bag (active review post link)

I am now testing the Titleist Tour Speed after a friend gave me a box to play. Overall, to date it has given me good distance and feel.

I was playing the Srixon Q Star Tour before testing the Titleist Tour Speed. Q Star feels a little softer and its overall performance is very good. Plus, the price is about $7.00 a box less expensive than the Titleist Tour Speed.

I have played the previous Maxfli Tour golf ball previously and will try the new Maxfli Tour S golf ball next to determine which golf ball is best for my game as a senior golfer.  

I'm in a Maxfli Tour X mode and they're fine. There's no noticeable difference in any part of my game. 

Tee to green A
Short sided A+
Checks up and stops A+
Sound A+
Feel A+
Putter Feel A

Have gotten enough quality shots out of the few dozen I've played, that I'm in for the 4 doz package, that brings the cost down to $30/doz, instead of $40 when it's 1 at a time, so that savings will go back into more golf. Win-Win

Don't see me changing out, unless OnCore comes down a little in price. I really love the perimeter weighting and flight of their Vero X2's, it's just that for 66% more than the Maxfli's, I can't justify buyin' em. 

C'mon lottery, eh?

Edited by FloppyLobber
Increasing the grade of a part of the performance

Floppy Lobber
12hdcp 
Krank Rage 9° driver 
Mizuno 13° 3 wood
Cobra 21° 7 wood
Mizuno MP33 4-9 iron
Cleveland 47° PW
Titleist 5206° GW
Titleist 5612° SW
Titleist 6008° LW

My go to ball is the Titleist ProV 1, which I was fitted for by after testing all Titleist balls.  I have found not only does the ProV 1 perform extremely well.  A major influence is a value ball in my opinion due to the quality and durability of the cover.  I can play multiple rounds with one ball if I can keep it out of the water or off cart paths. 🫠

For years played the Bridgestone Tour BXS balls, loved them...then for Father's Day last year, my wife and daughter bought me a dozen personalized Pro V1x not knowing what I played with. I hadn't hit pro v's in years as I really liked the Bridgestones but the overall feel of the Pro V1x was insane. Haven't looked back and honestly probably won't, I'll stick with the Titelists.

image.png.3ae44848eaa91e16529cc2da1115da30.png                        Driver:  Ping G425LST Tour 65 Stiff Shaft
image.png.095cd3d760c79d0eb767623ffdf42310.png                           Fairway Wood:  Callaway Steelhead Plus 3 (yep, OG 1999 all original)
image.png.573c1776da590d9bf6c6c64be1737d23.png                        Irons:  Ping i525 irons - Ping AWT 2.0 Xstiff
image.png.5ba727eab99bc410c525de418412911b.png        Wedges:  Titleist Vokey 52/56/60 SM9 (12deg/D grind)
image.png.5d5b33118fcaf8994d51632d9c6b8c8b.png                       Putter:  Ping Tyne 4 putter
image.png.bd6d95a9eb5ec85777f017c339995ccb.png                         Bag:  Titleist Hybrid 5
image.png.e9ac768bf1e829ed0c20f60071eef305.png                         Ball: Titleist Pro V1x Left Dash

image.png

Just played a round today with a Snell MTB Black. I don’t know the specs of this ball but from what I just experienced I would guess that it is their offering that is in line with the "X" balls from OEMs.

Spin and zip off wedges was absolutely crazy, never seen anything like it to be honest.

I’m really starting to get caught in the DTC balls train and I haven’t found anything bad about them yet!

D: Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.0ebce72d60b9ee4e1161e241fbbd9429.png Rogue ST Max LS 9° / Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.d0d357367dfa8603e4c4c28d6264026b.png Rogue White 130 MSI 70X

3W: Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.4a59074c9744cc7e092f2c36e18ab3de.png Sim Max 15° / Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.6803317b2b3571b718d8c629a4de5c56.png Ventus Blue FW 6S

3H: Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.6cb9c9932faadee028fda9a351832472.png TSi3 20° / True Temper Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.9a635b7848f15fd4613c0dfb4aad00e0.png Smoke Black RDX 6.0 80HYB

4i-PW: image.png.54cd730cdbf83f1301bb01ca97353cf9.png 01CB / Capturedcran2023-10-05111734.png.2d7f7e831dcd320c5c5d06d9d07a8556.png Tour 130X 2023 tester

52°-56°-60°: Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.4a59074c9744cc7e092f2c36e18ab3de.png Milled Grind 2 / True Temper Capturedcran2023-10-05111734.png.76d14504ff83a37b897afbd6c4a1f0e0.png S200

PCapturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.cf5a492ebe80529a929e3f89cb5060c7.png DFX 2-ball

Ball: Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.9ff2829469d46ce26b695253efbcd6a1.png Q-Star Tour & Z-Star and Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.4a59074c9744cc7e092f2c36e18ab3de.png TP5 & TP5x

Grips: D-3W: image.png.ec39cb9c1e60dc5987a37598700b82cc.png Z-Grip Cord / 3H-PW: Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.d618cbfa3b9983eb4bb68d740c266b8a.png Crossline 360 / Wedges: Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.d618cbfa3b9983eb4bb68d740c266b8a.png Genesis Crossline Cord

Bag: image.png.45e8d8c11fdf4042fc63eb6c5195276e.png Anyday Ronin 14 2024 tester

Stat tracking: image.png.d3672a19dde52cc71c030458c62e5421.png X5

8 minutes ago, Shlax said:

Just played a round today with a Snell MTB Black. I don’t know the specs of this ball but from what I just experienced I would guess that it is their offering that is in line with the "X" balls from OEMs.

Snell also has a Snell MTB-X ball as well that is slightly higher spinning, FYI. The Snell MTB is their ProV1 competitor, I believe, with the MTB-X being the ProV1x competitor. 

Edited by vandyland

:mizuno-small: STZ 230 9.5* ➖ PinHawk SLF 16* ➖ :mizuno-small: STZ 230 Hybrid 21.25* ➖ MALTBY TS1-IM 5-GW ➖ :benhogan-small: Equalizer II 54* ➖ :ping-small: Glide 4.0 (S) 58* ➖ L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 
Maxfli Tour X Official Review -- https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63068-testers-announced-maxfli-tour-x-golf-balls-with-max-align-technology/?do=findComment&comment=1021832

The vice pro and pro plus are both excellent. With the funky colors and drip balls they're very catchy. Besides the cosmetics, both balls are legit player balls. I really play well with the vice balls. 

The drip style got me and I got a few boxes of the Vice Pro red/blue drip during their holiday sale. I’ve enjoyed them and they’re just fun.

I’ve never been fit for a ball, but I would like to try on my own this this offseason. Based on the MGS ball test, I’m going to try the Maxfli balls the Titleist left dash, the Titleist AVX, and the Titleist tour speed. However, odds are I’ll end up buying another bulk batch of the Vice drip balls and stick with those! Haha

WITB (link to detailed post here):

Driver:  Cobragolflogo.png.602fb363b272aeca0ae57ab591da02de.png LTDx 9* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff)

Fairway metals:  TITLEIST_logo_15px.png.86858562876473681822bdce0336ecd4.png 3W TSR2 14.25* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff) | PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png 5W Gen4 0341XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75 S)

Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png4H Gen4 0317XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75HY S)

Irons:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 659 CB 5-AW (Project X Rifle 6.0)

Wedges:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 286 54* & 58* (KBS Tour 120 S)

Putter:  Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png AL-6 armlock | Unofficial review here

Ball:   Vice_logo.png.282566e7be35424dbb3a5d3359e6385f.png pro drip: red & blue | MAXFLI_logo_15px.png.137df4bf59bf3628d99abc6ca08fd43f.png Tour S

Pushcart:  clicgear_logo.png.5569d627daa35e79384784c8a4e886f4.png 4.0 | '23 MGS Clicgear 4.0 Pushcart Tester | Link here