Our Sponsors

Got out Saturday morning to give some new gear a go. Picked up and XTD Ti 18* hybrid with a Black Tie and an X Hot Pro 13.5* three wood during the week to go with a Bettinardi Queen Bee 5. Hit the three wood once, hybrid not at all and did not out the putter in the bag. Played well with an even par 36 on the front and a two over 38 on the back in the wind for a 74. Still driving it well and hitting the irons well now to get the short game going once again.

In the Bag for 2020

PXG 0811XF Gen 2 10.5* (set at 9*) AD VR 6x

PXG 0341X Gen 2 15* AD TP 7x

PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* KBS Proto 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 4-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:rife-putters-1: Two Bar Blade Long 47"

• Replies 15.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today was a good day.  First hole in one ever.  50° Cobra King wedge from 120 yards.  Hit just past the hole and spun back in. Shot 73 to tie my lowest round ever. Won my match 8 and 6

Un-bloody-conscious! I still can't believe it but I shot a 79! 57% FIR 33% GIR 30 putts.  

****Alert ***** Alert!******Alert!****** sluggo shoots a new PB today !!!!!!!!!!!   -4.......    67. .......    -4. .....    67!   ..... It was a Great day to say the least, and the o

Posted Images

Horrible on Day 2 of the Doug Oswald Invitational.......I shot a 50/42,92 with one birdie on Par 5, then took a 7 on. Par 3.....with 2 balls in the water.....

Finished in 10th place with a 85/92, 177

Front side day 1 46, day 2 50

Back side day 1 39, day 2 42

Gotta work on that front side!

Still, had a lot of fun and really enjoy the course, Ocala Golf Club.

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

Shot the best round of my life today. A 1 under par 70. I have never finished under par for 18 holes until today. It would have been even lower if I hadn't found the trees off the tee on number 8 providing me a double bogey. 2 over on the front and 3 under on the back works for me!!!

"I'd play a ladies set of clubs if it allowed me to break par."

PING G410 LST Fujikura Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 6

Titleist 17, 19, and 21 degree 818 H2 Hybrids

Ping G700 5 - GW

Titleist Vokey SM7 54 Wedge

Titleist Vokey SM7 58 Wedge

Evenroll ER3

Snell MTB-X

Congratulations mnfats!

I played my last round for the year yesterday. In a word, terrible. I told my golf partner that next year, as soon as the leave start to fall, I'm done. It was just not an enjoyable round at all because of the leaves. Hit a shot that in "normal" conditions would be fine and you can't find the ball, take a drop and a stroke...not fun.

In the bag:
:taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 4-GW UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
:cleveland-small: Smartsole S
:yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

Testing: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

• SPY VIP

Remember at the beginning of this season when I said I was gonna start posting in here? Well it's end of season and my second post lol

My quest back to even is close but not gonna happen this year. Swing rebuild just won't stick for 18 holes lol

Anyways after what may have literally been a foot of rain on Saturday, cleared Sunday morning so we snuck out. It was fricken mucky so played the whites, but I still managed a 38-38 76 with 2 birds, 26 putts with an almost non-existent swing. I've never scrambled so well in my life and there were 1 putts galore!

Oh and I used my 4th putter this season which was the same Odyssey CS #2 I used from 2005ish to early 2013

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP
twitmbp.jpg

wimb2.jpg 

latestreview.jpg 

Remember at the beginning of this season when I said I was gonna start posting in here? Well it's end of season and my second post lol

My quest back to even is close but not gonna happen this year. Swing rebuild just won't stick for 18 holes lol

Anyways after what may have literally been a foot of rain on Saturday, cleared Sunday morning so we snuck out. It was fricken mucky so played the whites, but I still managed a 38-38 76 with 2 birds, 26 putts with an almost non-existent swing. I've never scrambled so well in my life and there were 1 putts galore!

Oh and I used my 4th putter this season which was the same Odyssey CS #2 I used from 2005ish to early 2013

Only four putters the entire season???  I think I have used that many in my last five rounds and could not even tell you how many I used this entire season.

In the Bag for 2020

PXG 0811XF Gen 2 10.5* (set at 9*) AD VR 6x

PXG 0341X Gen 2 15* AD TP 7x

PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* KBS Proto 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 4-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:rife-putters-1: Two Bar Blade Long 47"

Played a nice round saturday. IT was cool on the first few holes, with a morning temperature of just 48, but the sun was coming into a cloudless sky, so it would warm up quickly. Standing on the 1st tee box, we found we had an audience, of a fairly large female deer with a couple of juveniles that stood just into the woods and watch the group tee off.

Now, it has been a couple of weeks since I had played, so this was probably not going to be a stellar round, but it was good to get out. Managed to get off the tee pretty well all day, with only one really errant tee shot.  Even putted pretty well with a single 3 putt, but man oh man was the wedge game rusty. Had a case of the decel duff with the wedge. Left about 6-8 approach shots short.

Oh well, can't complain too much. 2 weeks off, shot an 87 with no birdies, and 3 doubles.   Sadly, another 2.5 weeks off before I'll get out again.

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 18.0 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ Hogan GS53 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W Hogan GS52 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 4I-AW @ Hogan Ft Worth
* 56 @ Cleveland RTX
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Snell MTB-X

Had the most pars I've ever gotten in a round last Friday.  14 of them if anyone is counting (I was) however the other 4 holes were two bogeys and two doubles.  I'll take 78 all day long, but I did 4 putt for bogey on a par 5 which was pretty damn frustrating.

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Epic SZ w/ VA Composites Raijin 65 04

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :ping-small: 5i-UW G700 w/ X100 soft stepped once

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 & 58 CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Just catching up on my reading here - props particularly to Westy and MBP - Westy had one of my rounds and MBP managed to play without being freaked out by a creepy partner.

I think that both of those things deserve a drink.

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Got to get a round in yesterday - glad I did.  Starting to get the feel of the Nike Vapors and wound up with a 76.  Was -1 after 9, which is a first for me, but was 6 over on the back (with 4 pars and a birdie - go figure!).  Was able to finish Par-par to save the round.  Also, smacked longest drives of the year on 4, 9, 10 and 18...hoowee!  

What's in the bag:

Driver:  Sub 70 639D - 9.5; :cleveland-small: Launcher HB Turbo; :mizuno-small: ST 190 
FW Wood: :tour-edge: Tour Edge EXS 220 - 15*; :mizuno-small: ST 180 14*
Hybrids:  PXG 0311 22
Utility Irons: :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Utilities 18, 21, 24*;  Lynx VT Stinger - 16*
Irons::wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged; :benhogan-small:PTx Pro, :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; :wilson_staff_small: Progressives (circa 1993)

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX -2, :benhogan-small:Riviera 52-56-60; :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8,  :benhogan-small:Baby Ben

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (2020); :srixon-small: Z-STAR XV

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Had the most pars I've ever gotten in a round last Friday.  14 of them if anyone is counting (I was) however the other 4 holes were two bogeys and two doubles.  I'll take 78 all day long, but I did 4 putt for bogey on a par 5 which was pretty damn frustrating.

Gotta get out before the snow flies!  Scramble Saturday at Deer Run in Victoria is you're up for it....

What's in the bag:

Driver:  Sub 70 639D - 9.5; :cleveland-small: Launcher HB Turbo; :mizuno-small: ST 190 
FW Wood: :tour-edge: Tour Edge EXS 220 - 15*; :mizuno-small: ST 180 14*
Hybrids:  PXG 0311 22
Utility Irons: :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Utilities 18, 21, 24*;  Lynx VT Stinger - 16*
Irons::wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged; :benhogan-small:PTx Pro, :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; :wilson_staff_small: Progressives (circa 1993)

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX -2, :benhogan-small:Riviera 52-56-60; :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8,  :benhogan-small:Baby Ben

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (2020); :srixon-small: Z-STAR XV

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Looking at our first cool Saturday with Temps in the 57 - 70 range.........but that's just for one day.

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

Looking at our first cool Saturday with Temps in the 57 - 70 range.........but that's just for one day.

High of 48 for my round on Wed.  Not sure we will see 60's again until maybe march/april time frame.

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Epic SZ w/ VA Composites Raijin 65 04

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :ping-small: 5i-UW G700 w/ X100 soft stepped once

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 & 58 CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Trick or treating should be fun Friday evening Foz, you should come with.

Shot 72 today, hit it pretty well and took advantage of a couple of good breaks. Didn't putt great but well enough.

Ping G410 5-9 wood

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Trick or treating should be fun Friday evening Foz, you should come with.

Shot 72 today, hit it pretty well and took advantage of a couple of good breaks. Didn't putt great but well enough.

I don't have a good costume for this year.....LOL

Wow... I feel spoiled here. It was 90 today here. I worked 12 straight days... so didn't get a chance to play recently.

Hit the range today to very mixed results. I think I'm playing tomorrow on my 3rd day off.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

• 2 weeks later...

Shot a solid 75 today but I did finally lose a ball. Hit it into a hazard and made a round saving bogey on the hole.

Solid golf on a tough course.

Ping G410 5-9 wood

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

This is the time of the year when I quit playing the nice courses in the area, and unless we travel somewhere warm, we just play on our little executive course because its cheap and very few people on it.  While prices are better in the winter at the big courses, they still aren't cheap.  Since greens don't hold the balls, it just doesn't make sense to play them since we can't post scores.  It becomes a time to just hang out, play with friends, and maybe practice shots.  

Played a quick 9 today; 61 sunny and no wind.  But that is supposed to change next week; we have freezing temps coming mid-week.  Not as bad as the midwest though.  I don't really keep score, because I play a couple of balls.  But had 2 birdies; one a chip-in with my 50 SCOR.  Have you ever had that feeling that you knew you were going to make it before you hit the ball?  I did.  I could just see it going in the hole.  Wish that would happen all the time!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Well, I started out Par, Par, Par.....def my best start of the year.....I finished with a 44/44, 88

Had some hiccups along the way two of the Par 3's saw me go to the water. On a dogleg Par 4, I skipped over the first pond, then skipped over the second pond and ended with a bogey.

Weather was terrific.....high 60's to mid 70's.