Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What is something you wish existed in golf, but doesn't?

TSauer

4 hours ago, ILMgolfnut said:

I'd settle for an audible device that would beep when you're close to your ball in the woods.

Love it .. way gonna post I'd like a GPS enabled golf ball (but that doesn't make the ball too heavy) so I could head straight to it every time.

4 hours ago, StrokerAce said:

I wish carts were BANNED from most courses and they encouraged walking for everyone that wasn't handicapped.

100%. All courses public and private should provide/rent push carts and/or electric push carts.

And then there's the total pipe dreams -

Call me crazy, it's ok, but I would like to see some sort of let's call it shot clock on every green. There's being intentional with your process, and then there's being just stoopit imho...

Call me really crazy 😄 but I'd like to see *well behaved dogs* allowed out on the course .. provided they're properly handled and cleaned up after by *well behaved humans*.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

52 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

WTH happened??

Basically what happened is that golf in the UK eventually expanded beyond the linksland, that treeless zone of dunes and sand in places like St. Andrews and Dornoch and Ballybunion. And, inevitably, course sites were chosen that ran around and through forests. Rather than knock down all the trees, they used, or cut, corridors. And when golf crossed the pond to the US, forested courses were accepted.

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024

1 minute ago, cksurfdude said:

Call me really crazy 😄 but I'd like to see *well behaved dogs* allowed out on the course

They do that in Scotland too. Non-golfers are allowed to walk themselves, and their dogs, on the course (many courses, including all of the St. Andrews Links courses, are considered Common Good Land, open to all; the course is not owned by the club but by the community), but golfers are also allowed to bring Fido along. I remember a couple of rounds where the foursome in front of me was three golfers and a pooch.

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024

4 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Love it .. way gonna post I'd like a GPS enabled golf ball (but that doesn't make the ball too heavy) so I could head straight to it every time.

100%. All courses public and private should provide/rent push carts and/or electric push carts.

Call me crazy, it's ok, but I would like to see some sort of let's call it shot clock on every green. There's being intentional with your process, and then there's being just stoopit imho...

Call me really crazy 😄 but I'd like to see *well behaved dogs* allowed out on the course .. provided they're properly handled and cleaned up after by *well behaved humans*.

Go and play in Puerto Rico there are well behaved dogs and iguanas 🤣

7 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Maybe the dogs can be trained to keep the pace on the greens…take too long and the dogs come after you!

If dogs were allowed, my wife might be interested in playing!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

More golf bikes. Some courses are very hard to traverse on foot (US residential builds mostly) due to long distances between holes that wind through houses BUT a bike would work well. Less maintenance (surely?) and no fuel would be less costly than a fleet of golf carts. ALSO, if everyone in a 4 person group has their own bike then they can go to their ball independently which leads me to my next point.....

.....true ready golf. Like, as soon as you hit your tee shot, start walking down the edge of the fairway. You can still watch the ball AND the 4th player to tee off almost has a fore caddy at that point. Also, and I see this all the time, if someone is in a bunker and skulls it across the green. EVERYONE ELSE GO AHEAD AND START PUTTING. There is no reason to wait on that person to rake, go to the other side of the green, and then try again (maybe saves them some embarrassment but come on everyone). 

.....online booking systems at all golf courses and charging a tee time to someone who doesn't show up (give them a 12 hr window ahead of time to cancel). Many golf courses already have this but there are also many that do not. Particularly the municipal courses in my town. Makes me crazy as a single. 

:mizuno-small: STZ 230 9.5* ➖ PinHawk SLF 16* ➖ :mizuno-small: STZ 230 Hybrid 21.25* ➖ MALTBY TS1-IM 5-GW ➖ :benhogan-small: Equalizer II 54* ➖ :ping-small: Glide 4.0 (S) 58* ➖ L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 
Maxfli Tour X Official Review -- https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63068-testers-announced-maxfli-tour-x-golf-balls-with-max-align-technology/?do=findComment&comment=1021832

how about more marshals that actually do something... or a pro shop that doesn't schedule tee times 8 minutes apart. the pace of play at public courses during the regular season is atrocious.

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

2 hours ago, StrokerAce said:

how about more marshals that actually do something... or a pro shop that doesn't schedule tee times 8 minutes apart. the pace of play at public courses during the regular season is atrocious.

Ours started doing this on the morning short rotation (7-11am tee times).  No solo or twosomes either for it.  3some groups allowed for members. They also don't open the range until 9 or 10 am now (for range clearing and maintenance reasons)

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

RFID balls. 

I could play golf every day and learn something new each time.

Callaway Paradym TD 9* Driver w/5 Dot Newton tipped 45” shaft

TaylorMade 11.5* Mini Driver w/5 Dot Newton tipped 44” shaft

Ping 425 Max 3 wood w/Stiff Steadfast Jupiter 1 shaft

PXG 0317 17* hybrid

New Level 4-PW 902PD Irons w/6.5 ProjectX IO shafts

PXG 311 Gen 3 52 & 56 Wedges w/ Xstiff KBS TourLite shafts

Ping Anser Putter

OnCore VeroX 1/2

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63746-motocaddy-m-series-carts-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1042686

6 hours ago, StrokerAce said:

Myyyy Man!! When I was stationed at Fort Gregg-Adams (Fort Lee) VA, they had marshals that kept golfers moving, here at Fort Knox they don’t and there is no control, people jump in front of you on the turn, at times makes me stop paying my membership but it is convinient as I live like 2 miles from the golf course

12 hours ago, ILMgolfnut said:

I'd settle for an audible device that would beep when you're close to your ball in the woods. Maybe in my case it would Bluetooth to my hearing aids.

chip-ing.com

You asked for it. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

A lottery system that allowed average golfers to play typically "unplayble" (by either being private, too expensive, etc.) golf courses.  Every course would be required to give up one foursome once or twice a year to the general public.  There would be a national random drawing and the winners and three friends would get the opportunity of a lifetime.   Think of it:  having the opportunity to play at exclusive courses like Augusta, Pine Valley, Oakmont, etc.   How about teeing it up at the most expensive courses like Shadow Creek Golf Course, TPC Sawgrass or Pebble Beach?  

The odds would be a tens of million to one that you would win....so you're saying I have a chance?

Ping G430 Max driver 10.5 degrees with an Alta Quick45 gram senior shaft
Callaway Epic 3 wood, Project X Evenflow Green 45 gram senior shaft  
Callaway GBB Epic Heavenwood, with a Mitsubishi Diamana 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G 26 degree hybrid, stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Callaway Paradym X irons, 7-AW with Aldila Ascent Blue 50 graphite shafts
Edison wedges:  50, 55 and 60 degree, KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  L.A.B. Direct Force 2.1 putter, 34.5" long, 67 degrees lie

2022 MGS Tester:  Shot Scope Pro XL+ with H4  

1 hour ago, Golf2Much said:

A lottery system that allowed average golfers to play typically "unplayble" (by either being private, too expensive, etc.) golf courses.  Every course would be required to give up one foursome once or twice a year to the general public.  There would be a national random drawing and the winners and three friends would get the opportunity of a lifetime.   Think of it:  having the opportunity to play at exclusive courses like Augusta, Pine Valley, Oakmont, etc.   How about teeing it up at the most expensive courses like Shadow Creek Golf Course, TPC Sawgrass or Pebble Beach?  

The odds would be a tens of million to one that you would win....so you're saying I have a chance?

I have to say this is one of the better ideas I’ve heard. Not to mention the revenue it would drive to these courses assuming it costs you something to enter (not like they need it). I don’t typically play the lottery but I would get behind this. 

Current WITB:

Driver:                      image.png.ad4d66f798557c86ee934344d1a24ed2.png       Paradym 10.5 Ventus Black 6S

Fairway:                   image.png.3077938d887c52577470dba42554f0aa.png     ST-Z 230 3-Wood (15°) HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 60 Official Test

Hybrid:                    image.png.a874a9a429fd132acae64968308d6a89.png     ST-Z 230 Hybrid (19°) Ventus Blue HB-8 Official Test

Irons:                       image.png.a874a9a429fd132acae64968308d6a89.png     MP-18 MMC (4-9)

Wedges:     image.png.8641af187e8958a5ff8c3c2146b1fc7c.png  Vokey SM8 (46.10F, 50.12F, 54.14F, 58.12D)

Putter:                image.png.a85c45cc6c173613e90f345a17c689b4.png      Select Squareback 2 34.5 Ping Corded 88G PP58 grip double taped

Ball:                       image.png.c4e52864bdd9535caa79ae03a9376870.png        Pro-V1 (currently testing the Callaway Chrome Soft X LS Triple Track)

Reviews:

2023 Red Rooster Sussex Glove Official Forum Test

2023 Mizuno Long Game Official Forum Test

10 hours ago, Golf2Much said:

they have this in Mass... but I get that you'd like a more nationwide one. I agree; that would be awesome.

image.png.e72fca1f30afa341b76228f025fced9c.png

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

11 hours ago, Golf2Much said:

Love this idea. I would be prepared to get my heart shattered every year, similar to The Masters lottery, but I'd still apply.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

14 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

chip-ing.com

You asked for it. 

Yes, but ... $131.45 for the starter set at the current exchange rate

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

14 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I would like to see a certification program like some other countries do. You have to take a class on rules and take a proficiency test and carry an official handicap to play a big course. This means there needs to be more par three courses and driving ranges so people can get the experience needed in order to get  certified and then let out on the big courses.

YESSSS!!!!

Tom for National Golf Czar / Supreme Director of All Domestic Golf Operations & Procedures

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

There is a short, blind par 3 at our course. The green is fronted by a mound, then a bunker, followed by a steep downslope to the green. The flagstick is oversized, so it is clearly visible from the tee.

I've always wished that the yardage sign for the hole included a weather-proofed TV screen, with a camera mounted high behind the green, so that from the tee, you could see where your ball landed.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

18 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

There is a short, blind par 3 at our course. The green is fronted by a mound, then a bunker, followed by a steep downslope to the green. The flagstick is oversized, so it is clearly visible from the tee.

I've always wished that the yardage sign for the hole included a weather-proofed TV screen, with a camera mounted high behind the green, so that from the tee, you could see where your ball landed.

There is a course close by that has a similar hole, but they installed a large periscope to see the green. I like your idea much better!

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

Completely unrealistic, but a full indoor course for us with with rain and snow.  Simulators are cool, but nothing beats actually playing full holes. I also agree anything that could somehow track your ball without hurting performance of the ball. 

:ping-small: G400 Max, 9°, hzrdus smoke black

:ping-small: G425 Max 5W, Stock Stiff

:ping-small: G425 4H, Stock Stiff

:taylormade-small: M4 5H, Stock Stiff

:ping-small: i210 5-PW, Blue Dot, Stock Stiff

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°, 54°, 60°

:ping-small: Sigma 2 Kushin C

:taylormade-small: TP5x Pix

:Arccos: Sensors

Rapsodo MLM2Pro Launch Monitor

4 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

Yes, but ... $131.45 for the starter set at the current exchange rate

Just play courses without water and you’ll break even in no time. 🤪Three dozen quality golf balls would cost about the same.

But even if the ball performed well I’m sure durability would be an issue.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

More players that kept honest handicaps than players that didn’t 

Taylormade  Stealth 2  10.5*   Fujikura Ventus 5 S (tipped an inch)  @ upright @9.75*

Taylormade Stealth 2    HL 16.5* 3 wood Fujikura Ventus     6 S 

Taylormade Stealth 2   7 wood   Fujikura Ventus   7 S

Taylormade P7MC  5-PW  Aerotech Steelfiber  I 95 gm  R 

Tileist SM09 54 & 60* wedges

Ping Anser    

Bridgestone BXS         

Okay. Really two wishes. 
First, it would be great if golf balls had built in trackers — like AirTags but actually built in and designed by the ball company. 
Second, night golf would be great.

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth2

3W: :taylormade-small: Stealth2

4H: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2

Irons 4I-9I:  :titleist-small: T200

Wedges P, 48: :titleist-small: T200

Wedges 54, 58: :titleist-small: Vokey SM9

Putter:  :odyssey-small: O Works #1 Black

23 hours ago, Golf2Much said:

We have a very private member only club that have "friends of the club " weekends a couple of times a year. Each guest is allowed 2 people each day to enjoy all they have to offer. They have an afternoon social each day too. They get reduced green fees, and sampling of other amenities. 

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

18 hours ago, Eric F said:

That way I can sweat in the 85 degree heat and 99% humidity at night

Facts! But better than 96° with the sun pounding down on you. Face it - if you live in this part of the country it's a two shower minimum during the summer!

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18