Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Let's Plan A Golf Trip.

Sschaffer24

Sea Island is not far away as well.  One of the nicest areas that I have been to for a golf weekend to date.

You have the King & Prince on St. Simons Island too and it's nice as well.  

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

World Woods in Florida was a great trip. We went in January two years ago.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

World Woods in Florida was a great trip. We went in January two years ago.

Plus the price package is pretty darn spiffy too

Cleveland

Plus the price package is pretty darn spiffy too

Yeah, although I hope the pro shop staff there got a little nicer. They were fairly rude when we were there.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

Yeah, although I hope the pro shop staff there got a little nicer. They were fairly rude when we were there.

We'll tell em  we're there to play but also we will be  writing a blog about how pro shop courtesy and customer service, can increase return visits thus bringing more money to the bank. ;)  

Some courses could care less about the extra money groups bring in plus the members are put out with their weekly games.   Hell that extra money might be the breaking point of keeping a course in business..  Oh well, I got off on a little tantrum.

Cleveland

I've looked into the RTJ trail before and it seems difficult to book adequately. Anyone have any experience planning that? It makes sense to go from town to town from what I can remember, but there are so many pieces it's hard to find the right ones to hit.

Birmingham is a good starting point because there's Ross Bridge and the Oxmoor Valley courses, so you can do a few days there. From Birmingham, I'd go south to Capitol Hill and play the Judge and the courses down there. I think there's one between Birmingham and Capital Hill but I'm not positive. But that's a lot of quality golf and Birmingham has a lot of fun spots as well for after the rounds.

WIT  :titelist-small: Sta Dry Bag:

Driver:       :taylormade-small: '17 M2

Woods:     :taylormade-small: M2 3W and 5W

Hybrids:   :callaway-logo-1: Apex 3h and 5h  

Irons:          :mizuno-small:   MP 18 MMC

Wedges:   :callaway-logo-1: MD PM Grind, 56* and 60*

Putter:      :scotty-cameron-1: California Sonoma

Man you guys sure do have a nice swath of information for me to pick from. There are just so many options! I like the Jacksonville idea. However the Vegas/California ideas are fantastic as well... Hmm...

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

Jax, I know you're a local of Jacksonville, so what are some methods you'd recommend for proper planning in that area? We've spoken about Jacksonville in the past and that is a place I'd like to visit. 

Any help you can provide would be much appreciated.

Don't really have any experience with organizing trips here. There is a company that operates out of Jax Beach called First Coast Golf that organizes stuff in the area. Might give them a call. Other than that, it's just doing the ground work online and on the phone. I can help out with contacts at TPC and a couple of courses.

Jmike is correct, Sea Island can probably be reached as well in an hour or so.

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

Don't really have any experience with organizing trips here. There is a company that operates out of Jax Beach called First Coast Golf that organizes stuff in the area. Might give them a call. Other than that, it's just doing the ground work online and on the phone. I can help out with contacts at TPC and a couple of courses.

Jmike is correct, Sea Island can probably be reached as well in an hour or so.

Check that. The company I was thinking of appears to be no longer in business.

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

The pictures of that course look beautiful. That is so affordable to stay/play there!

Anyone have experience with Streamsong?

Yes and World Woods is every bit it's equal. My pro in Wisconsin believes that World Woods is the best resort value in the country.

If you go there Fox and I will come up to play one day.

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I think World Woods is a real chance. Do you guys have any reservations in doing a stay and play at one course? Like all in one resort?

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

No you're talking... 😉

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

There are several options in that area beyond World Woods including Southern Hills, Brooksville Country Club, El Diablo, Southern Dunes, Black Diamond (if you know someone and I do). Lots of ridiculously good golf there.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

That was meant to saw "now" you're talking...

Rev that is very intriguing. What time of year would you guys recommend being a great time/value?

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

There are several options in that area beyond World Woods including Southern Hills, Brooksville Country Club, El Diablo, Southern Dunes, Black Diamond (if you know someone and I do). Lots of ridiculously good golf there.

Brooksville CC has their famous "Quarry Holes"...3 holes carved out of an old quarry that are very intriguing......and they have the best after round Burger in Tampa Bay!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

This place is more and more intriguing. I love memorable courses like that. To me that's what a golf trip is for!

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

The only downside of a Trip to World Woods is that the Lodging is 6 miles from the course.  Now there is an old hotel, called The Chassahowitzka Hotel.http://www.chazhotel.com/ ....The rooms are all 2 person hotel rooms but they have a Great Hall for socializing...and they will prepare meals for a group.  They are located 14 miles from World Woods.

From their website:  We at The Chassahowitzka Hotel have access to some of the best golfing in the country. Start your day off with a full country style breakfast and then head off to one of the golf courses we have agreements with such as World Woods, Lake Jovita, Juliette Falls, Southern Hills Plantation, Brooksville Golf and Country Club, as well as El Diablo. Once your plane lands in Tampa or before it takes off to whisk you back home, a stop off at Innisbrook may be something you'd like us to arrange for you.

For groups of eight or more once you have finished your day on the course you can return to The Chassahowitzka Hotel where we will have your dinner prepared from a pre-agreed upon menu and then retire to the lounge outfitted with over stuffed leather furniture, poker table and flat screen TV.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

How close to Tampa are these courses? Is it something where we could golf/stay at one of those places and then are right outside of the city? Or is there more of a distance gap?

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

It's about an hour from the airport which is close to the city. Just to give you an idea.

Driver - Tour Edge Exotics XCG 7 Beta w/ Paderson shaft 44"

Fairway Metal - :nike-small: Vapor Fly 15* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 65F 43"

Irons - :taylormade-small: SLDR 4i-pw w/ KBS Tour C-Taper 90S

Wedges - :edel-golf-1: 54* and 58* Digger grind

Putter - :scotty-cameron-1: 2015 GoLo 3 33"

How close to Tampa are these courses? Is it something where we could golf/stay at one of those places and then are right outside of the city? Or is there more of a distance gap?

It's about an hour from the airport which is close to the city. Just to give you an idea.

And that's a very easy hour drive (IMO) right up the NW Expressway--I think that's what it is called.  I have a friend who retired and moved to Brooksville.  He lives in the Silverthorn Golf Community, but he plays all his golf at World Woods and Southern Hills. 

That Chaz hotel sounds kind of interesting, a nice cooked meal and a room for hanging out and watching games (March Madness or whatever the season is) having a beverage or two, sounds fun. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Agreed - Its directly up 589 (Suncoast PKWY). It's nice that your sort of out in the middle of no where for golf and such but close enough to have a night or 2 in the city for dinner and such.

Agreed - Its directly up 589 (Suncoast PKWY). It's nice that your sort of out in the middle of no where for golf and such but close enough to have a night or 2 in the city for dinner and such.

Ah...Suncoast Parkway, i couldn't remember exactly...Ha

I lived in Tampa from 1981 to 1987 and went back a few times a year from around 1995 to 2005.  The last time I was there was I think 2013, so I've seen a lot of the changes since 1981...just incredible.  

I've never lived there but almost moved there about 5 years ago so I spent nearly 3 months throughout the year there getting to know the area and such. I've been back a few time since. I'm actually due a trip. I really like the Tampa area.

Will there be a limit on how many participants are allowed to attend? 

Competition or just tee it up and have fun?

I think it's pretty cool to have a thread where MGS members can add their thoughts about an outing.

Cleveland

From Tampa to Brooksville, it is called the Veteran's Expressway, then it changes to Suncoast...

From Tampa to Brooksville, it is called the Veteran's Expressway, then it changes to Suncoast...

I knew I was missing something too! haha. Thanks for the correction Foz.

If anyone wants to try and plan a trip to World Woods let me know. I'm thinking it seems like a great solution and place to visit! 

Jacksonville is still on the list, however... Hmm...

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

If anyone wants to try and plan a trip to World Woods let me know. I'm thinking it seems like a great solution and place to visit! 

Jacksonville is still on the list, however... Hmm...

I'm all for either helping or taking the lead on planning a trip to World Woods.   At this time, if i were to do it and hope to attend it as well, Spring would be the most likely time, like Mid March to Mid April?    But that's just my thoughts, if another time of year works best for the majority, we can go with that and I'll still assist in the planning. 

One thing I know from experience is we will never find a date/location/course that pleases everybody, so it has to generally come down to going with what the majority who commit to it say works.

A good friend of mine has a saying, "if you ever see that you have too many friends, just plan a golf trip for 24, that'll fix the problem"   HA

A good friend of mine has a saying, "if you ever see that you have too many friends, just plan a golf trip for 24, that'll fix the problem"   HA

Funny, I do that every year for the 2nd week of June....and every year I say I'm not going to do it anymore, but I keepdoing it.

Archived