Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

Callaway BB 815's

GolfSpy Barbajo

Finally had a chance to try the new Big Bertha 815's yesterday - both the standard Alpha and the Double Diamond version - at Golfsmith.

2014-11-29 14.48.10.jpg  2014-11-29 14.55.41.jpg

No serious numbers to report, but both were long, straight and fairly low spin (2600-2800 RPM).  Of the two, I preferred the Double Diamond version - had the longest launch monitor drive of the day with it at 283 yards (not sure if Golfsmith had the tailwind turned up  :rolleyes: ), with an average in the 270 range.  The standard Bertha was about 6-10 yards shorter, on average.

Just for fun, I also hit last year's Alpha - it was closer to the Double Diamond in performance.  Hmmmmm.....

Has anyone else had the change to try the new Bertha's?  Gotta say, I was pretty impressed...

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I have the Double Diamond in the bag and have gotten a couple of rounds in with it. I have been impressed so far, I think it feels a little better than the original Alpha and is a bit longer.

Ping G410 Plus Oban Kiyoshi Tour Limited
Ping G410 LST 3 Wood Oban Tour Prototype V430
Titleist U500 3 & 4 Oban Kiyoshi Purple Tour Reserve
Titleist 620 MB 5-9 Oban CT 125
Titleist Vokey 47* Oban CT 125, 51*, 55*, and 59* Shimada Tour Wedge Black
Bettinardi Studio Stock SS28

Archived