Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What/How Did You Practice Today?

null

Day 9 (21 Jan 24) - Hit some flighted pitches with the 9i today in the backyard.  Continued the drill work with the trail arm, before each shot.  BTW - really like the putting mat stuff you guys are posting.  

WITB? Ping G400 SFT w/Aldila Mamba shaft R flex; Ping G410 3w; Ping G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26); TaylorMade SLDR 5i (interchanges w/5h)-PW -stock graphite shafts Rflex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -Rflex and Odyssey AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

6 hours ago, Jmikecpa said:

Almost finished project. The bulk of it is done now to fine tune it a little bit. 

IMG_4146.jpeg

Add any Twists in the base? Looks like a golfhole challenge game! (think cornhole)

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Did some chipping and putting practice indoors today. 

Ping G400 Max 10.5* - Kuro Kage HBP Black Gen 2, 44.5" length

Ping G425 SFT 5W (19*) - Alta CB Slate SR flex 

Ping G430 5H (26*), 6H (30*) and 7H (34*)- Alta CB 70 regular flex

Ping G710 8i-W - Recoil 80 F3 shaft (1)

Cleveland CBX4 50* and 58*, Smart Sole 4C - Recoil 95 F3 shaft

Odyssey Original 2-Ball White Hot counterbalanced (lead tape in the head, Super Stroke grip with 50-gram weight)

Other: Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear; Callaway Org 7 bag; Clicgear 3.5+

Currently doing a Member Review on Argolf's Pendragon XL Broomstick putter. 

On 1/21/2024 at 11:23 AM, MN.LeftyGolfer said:

I am really making an effort to practice 6-8 foot putts daily while waiting for the ground to thaw.  I utilize the Competitor Pro TW Putting Green that is made by Big Moss Golf.  I chose this green because it offers multiple holes of various sizes.  Having the ability to aim small means I learn to miss small and that mentality carries over better when putting towards a regulation hole.  My confidence is growing and hoping to reduce my time on the green during this upcoming season because of it.  

IMG_2602 copy 2.jpg

@MN.LeftyGolfer nice set up for sure. Just a quick shout out to welcome you to the forums. Hope it meets all your expectations. In my case it exceeded them for sure. Welcome.

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

Man it's been a long 3 weeks. Finally the cold has started to break enough to head out to the barn and turn the kerosene heater on. Was able to get the area heated up to 40*. Good enough to get some chipping and short iron shots into the net. Felt good. Only other practice has been walking the dog 2 miles. But walking is walking, snow or grass.

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

Day 10 (22 Jan 24) - All the notations about putting work inspired me to break out big blue and putt outdoors, it makes for interesting rolling as the carpet is fast and wildly undulating….IMG_7764.jpeg.b0e22dd8351e8753e169208f76d97d4f.jpegit was only with the putter on the left today “Millie” - (note: photo is from an earlier post in the Ai-One putter test thread - I’ve modified it to include a 4” cup hole on one end) 

Edited by Willie T

WITB? Ping G400 SFT w/Aldila Mamba shaft R flex; Ping G410 3w; Ping G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26); TaylorMade SLDR 5i (interchanges w/5h)-PW -stock graphite shafts Rflex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -Rflex and Odyssey AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

Putting: gates and mirror with both standard and armlock putters. Reconsidering armlock approach as it allows me to stand taller, thus less strain on my back.

Full Swing: Impact drill with 9i and 5w. VERY small (right toe to left toe) and slow swings setup - backswing to right toe - turn hips into impact position - turn body through so club is at left toe. 

Odyssey Original 2-Ball White Hot counterbalanced (lead tape in the head, Super Stroke grip with 50-gram weight)

Other: Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear; Callaway Org 7 bag; Clicgear 3.5+

Day 11 (23 Jan 24) - Son and I played Harbour Pointe this morning.  We had one of the first tee times, so temps were in the upper 30's when we started in the 50's when we finished.  Decent round for me (84), great day with the putter, especially when I settled in and put some juice on the ball (the greens were soft and partially thawing, squishy).  Great lags with "Millie" one in excess of 80' to about 7' past (1 putt comeback) and a few holes later I'm over 90' away and again lag it to about 7' for a one putt comeback as well.  Indi wedges held their own as well - some great hop and stops and a small spin back or two and a tremendous greenside bunker from 27yds to 3' for a tap in par.  

After not touching  a club since last mid-August, Ive hit a few  buckets in cold, icy, and wet Oregon this last week. Tonight I broke out the long sticks since my irons are pulled apart  

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

On 1/22/2024 at 6:13 PM, Dweed said:

@MN.LeftyGolfer nice set up for sure. Just a quick shout out to welcome you to the forums. Hope it meets all your expectations. In my case it exceeded them for sure. Welcome.

Thank you so much! I've been enjoying it so far!  Lots great content!

Swing Easy,

Dan

MN.LeftyGolfer

Instagram : @MN.LeftyGolfer

Screenshot 2024-01-03 at 10.59.16 PM.png

I went for a swing evaluation at Golftec last night, it was very educational.  I really hope I can make the changes we talked about in the coming weeks.

Driver: :taylormade-small: QI10 Max
Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3HL
Fairway: :ping-small: G425 Max 9 Wood
Hybrid: :PXG: 0317 5 & 6 Hybrids

Irons: :srixon-small: ZX4 7-AW
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50° 54° & 58°
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:
 Array F-3 
Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour Yellow

40 minutes ago, Funky said:

Yesterday I was doing a ball comparison with my driver.  ProV1 vs ProV1X vs AVX.

Nice! Did one of those seem better to you vs the others?

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

2 minutes ago, Parshooter36 said:

I went for a swing evaluation at Golftec last night, it was very educational.  I really hope I can make the changes we talked about in the coming weeks.

So you bought a lesson pack? I was going to a GolfTec center on and off for a while - fit me, it definitely helped .. but up to a point... 

Anyway good luck with yours!!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

5 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

So you bought a lesson pack? I was going to a GolfTec center on and off for a while - fit me, it definitely helped .. but up to a point... 

Anyway good luck with yours!!

I bought a 5 lesson pack.  My plan is to go every other week which should take me right up to the start of my golf season.  I've been wanting to do this for several years, but the nearest Golftec is 2 hours away so it's not super convenient.  Fortunately I have simulator at home so I can do all of the practice/drills at home in between lessons.

Driver: :taylormade-small: QI10 Max
Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3HL
Fairway: :ping-small: G425 Max 9 Wood
Hybrid: :PXG: 0317 5 & 6 Hybrids

Irons: :srixon-small: ZX4 7-AW
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50° 54° & 58°
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:
 Array F-3 
Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour Yellow

1 minute ago, Derek Eskam said:

I’m trying to stop crossing my club over the path line at the top of my swing. Indoor training due cold weather. Anyone got any tips or pointers to help me out?

IMG_5647.png

for me I try to find a "spot" or "trigger" that I can rely on. From this picture I would try and "see" where your left shoulder is in relation to your chin. In order to get to a different spot at the top you may want to have your left shoulder a little "lower" on your chin. Just little changes like an inch or so should do it. 

committed to performance excellence

7 minutes ago, Derek Eskam said:

I’m trying to stop crossing my club over the path line at the top of my swing. Indoor training due cold weather. Anyone got any tips or pointers to help me out?

IMG_5647.png

Without video it’s hard to say much but two things that standout. You have no hip turn and based on how cupped your left wrist is you don’t set the wrists properly or you overhung them which leads to the cupped wrist at the top.

those two issues lead to too much arm lift and arm overrun.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

3 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Without video it’s hard to say much but two things that standout. You have no hip turn and based on how cupped your left wrist is you don’t set the wrists properly or you overhung them which leads to the cupped wrist at the top.

those two issues lead to too much arm lift and arm overrun.

It’s hard to get the camera back far enough where I practice.  But you can see what I am working on. The wrist cupping I can’t figure out either.

Full swing: More snow overnight. Between snow on the ground and cold temperatures, it looks like it will be a while before I can hit balls outside, so I'm getting back to basics inside. Practiced setup and short swings through the impact area making sure that my hands are ahead of the club head through the impact area.  

Putting: Did some start line drills. 

Working on keeping a shut face at P2. Want the face to align with my spine angle I was playing with a very weak grip and open face which led to loss of lag and club face timing issues. 

Moving to a more hang on and drag it swing with a shut face on the backswing and a strong grip like Dustin Johnson. 

Feels weird but works well and provides tons of shaft lean, almost too much tbh. 

Aerojet 10.5

Cobra Tec Hybrid 17, 21, 24

Cobra Forged One Length 2022 5-GW

Cobra Forged One Length 54/60 54/60

Sik Bryson Style Putter

1 hour ago, Derek Eskam said:

It’s hard to get the camera back far enough where I practice.  But you can see what I am working on. The wrist cupping I can’t figure out either.

I can’t get it to upload, keep getting error -200

15 minutes ago, Derek Eskam said:

I can’t get it to upload, keep getting error -200

The easiest way I have found to upload video is to just put it on YouTube.  It let's you add the link.  Of course you have to not care about it being out in the world of YouTube though.  Ha

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

8 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

The easiest way I have found to upload video is to just put it on YouTube.  It let's you add the link.  Of course you have to not care about it being out in the world of YouTube though.  Ha

I’ll figure that out later and upload it, I’ve been fighting this for 30 years and am finally determined to fix it.

5 minutes ago, Derek Eskam said:

I’ll figure that out later and upload it, I’ve been fighting this for 30 years and am finally determined to fix it.

Yeah get some video up for sure.  These guys can def point out some areas to work on.

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

Refined my practice down to getting a large bucket, starting with a 48 degree wedge and getting warmed up, move to 8 or 7 iron, and if I’m hitting those good, I start on the three wood, if I hit 8-10 good, move to the driver.  I only hit 8-10 per club, if everything feels right.  I hit the majority of the bucket with 60 56 and 48 degree wedges from 10 yards to 75.  I spend most of my time there and move to a green to chip from various distances.  This helps my game more than anything and easier on the back from long sessions.  Easier for me to do in Texas, versus a lot of you guys in snow and ice 

8* degree triple diamond Paradym Rogue Silver 70 Tour Stiff MSI 130
Rogue 3+ ST LS 

Day 12 (24 Jan 24) - Fun drill today at the request of my grandson.  He wanted me to hit foam balls at him while he drove his battery powered power wheels type truck in the backyard.  Allowed me to work on setup and takeaway keys.  

4 hours ago, Derek Eskam said:

Your hands are too high at address. You have too much weight in your heels. 

In your takeaway you stand up (not good) you me left shoulder should be moving down and towards the ball and the right leg losing flexion as the left knee gain flexion.

You roll the club way open and behind you. Since you are using the tour striker ball watch the videos on their site on proper drills. And this is part of why you are cupping as I mentioned earlier. 

The standing up and rolling of the arms gives you no choice but to lift the arms and get the club over the line.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1