Got Problems?

ole gray

Not enough time to play or practice lately.

Pace of play bothers me but I try to play courses that have good pace of play and also good at enforcing it

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

people not fixing their ball marks on the greens......some have looked like the surface of the moon lately

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

people not fixing their ball marks on the greens......some have looked like the surface of the moon lately

Or when someone attempts to fix it, but they do it all wrong and almost damage it even more.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

My kids morning feeding was timed just right to get a chance at 9 before work. I tried a new course not far off my daily commute. Carts were mandatory to "keep people moving".

I'm not sure why they bothered, there was no marshal and pace of play was the slowest I've seen all year. It was difficult to even guess what was happening to make such an early tee time play so incredibly slow. I didn't complete 5 holes in 2 hours and ended up calling it early. Two other people in my group abandoned the round early with me, as we all were in my situation, trying for a quick pre-work jaunt.

While driving off the course it looked like a 10 stack was leading the pack as part of a bachelor party (or similarly raucous occasion). 

Props to them for getting after it that early, it would have been entertaining to see if it didn't throw a monkey wrench in my attempt at a morning outing.

:cobra-small: Cobra King F7+, VA drago 65 X, 9.5*

:cobra-small: Cobra F7 3/4 wood - hzrd red 15.5*

:mizuno-small: MP-63 4-PW 

:cleveland-small: Cleveland 588 Tour Wedge (56*)

OnCore Elixr all day every day

My kids morning feeding was timed just right to get a chance at 9 before work. I tried a new course not far off my daily commute. Carts were mandatory to "keep people moving".

I'm not sure why they bothered, there was no marshal and pace of play was the slowest I've seen all year. It was difficult to even guess what was happening to make such an early tee time play so incredibly slow. I didn't complete 5 holes in 2 hours and ended up calling it early. Two other people in my group abandoned the round early with me, as we all were in my situation, trying for a quick pre-work jaunt.

While driving off the course it looked like a 10 stack was leading the pack as part of a bachelor party (or similarly raucous occasion).

Props to them for getting after it that early, it would have been entertaining to see if it didn't throw a monkey wrench in my attempt at a morning outing.

Bachelor parties are notoriously slow. Let's get drunk at 8:00 in the morning??? That seems like a great idea. I wonder about the rest of their day?!?

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Or when someone attempts to fix it, but they do it all wrong and almost damage it even more.

A few weeks ago, we ran into one of the assistant greenskeepers at a local track who was waiting for us to finish a par-3. Once we did, he started walking onto the green with an oddly-shaped tool and we struck up a conversation about it. We learned that he was fixing divots with this device and that prompted me to ask him how divots are supposed to be repaired properly. I learned I was doing it all wrong with a twisting motion and that a more piercing from the sides and pulling gently up motion was better for the roots. So I now know how to do it correctly and do it often. I just wish I were fixing my own divots more often than not... :unsure:

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Is it pace of play

Cost

Time of rounds

Let's use this as a clean venting thread

Ok. Here it is, not sure why it got moved?

My venting is not playing golf in almost 10 years.And the doctor report I got back yesterday was bad again.I will always love golf no matter if I can do or not do it

Keep it in the short stuff

A few weeks ago, we ran into one of the assistant greenskeepers at a local track who was waiting for us to finish a par-3. Once we did, he started walking onto the green with an oddly-shaped tool and we struck up a conversation about it. We learned that he was fixing divots with this device and that prompted me to ask him how divots are supposed to be repaired properly. I learned I was doing it all wrong with a twisting motion and that a more piercing from the sides and pulling gently up motion was better for the roots. So I now know how to do it correctly and do it often. I just wish I were fixing my own divots more often than not... :unsure:

It depends on where you live and what type of grass is on the green.  Probably OK in Idaho, but pulling up on Bermuda greens damages the roots and the grass dies.  It's best to inset tool on all sides and push the ball mark to the middle.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

It depends on where you live and what type of grass is on the green. Probably OK in Idaho, but pulling up on Bermuda greens damages the roots and the grass dies. It's best to inset tool on all sides and push the ball mark to the middle.

Correct.

This is how I was always taught to repair, pull the grass from the outside in. I've done it just way for years, and most of the time you cannot tell where the mark was after I finish fixing it.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

It depends on where you live and what type of grass is on the green.  Probably OK in Idaho, but pulling up on Bermuda greens damages the roots and the grass dies.  It's best to inset tool on all sides and push the ball mark to the middle.  

Indeed, that's what I was attempting to describe

Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)

#Powertotheplayers

Now the rant...

Got settled in last night and decided to do a little putting practice. My practice area is in the living room since it is the only carpeted area large enough to do that on. Unfortunately this means that I block access to clear TV viewing. Had my shoes on, cups set up, golf balls scattered around and putter in hand when I hear: "We wanna watch the new movie we got!"

Dammit :mad:

It was Deadpool II and it really stunk too, so that was a double whammy...

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

I'm a member at a 24 fitness gym that gives you nation wide access.This one gym I visit that is close to where I buy groceries is the worst.The staff , and Members are so unfriendly.You can't even say hello or smile and won't get acknowledged.Or they act like your bothering them

I guess a smile and a hello doesn't vibe well some places

And today you taught me to repair my marks correctly. Cheers

:cobra-small: Cobra King F7+, VA drago 65 X, 9.5*

:cobra-small: Cobra F7 3/4 wood - hzrd red 15.5*

:mizuno-small: MP-63 4-PW 

:cleveland-small: Cleveland 588 Tour Wedge (56*)

OnCore Elixr all day every day

Bachelor parties are notoriously slow. Let's get drunk at 8:00 in the morning??? That seems like a great idea. I wonder about the rest of their day?!?

Perhaps, the groom and his buds know that his opportunity to play may diminish soon and that his bride is smiling because she knows that soon, she will no longer need to do certain things to him.

Ok. Here it is, not sure why it got moved?

My venting is not playing golf in almost 10 years.And the doctor report I got back yesterday was bad again.I will always love golf no matter if I can do or not do it

Sorry man.But I'm glad you can still enjoy the game how you can

Perhaps, the groom and his buds know that his opportunity to play may diminish soon and that his bride is smiling because she knows that soon, she will no longer need to do certain things to him.

LMAO!

My dog is not feeling well had to clean up diarrhea from my concrete basement this morning before golfing and when I came home he had some more in his kennel. Now I have to go buy a new dog bed which suck. But knowing how my dog is I gave him probiotics and he should be better in a day or so.... Mike probiotics work really well for nausea, vomiting and diarrhea if those are things you may be dealing with.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Taking great care care of those pups!!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I'm a member at a 24 fitness gym that gives you nation wide access.This one gym I visit that is close to where I buy groceries is the worst.The staff , and Members are so unfriendly.You can't even say hello or smile and won't get acknowledged.Or they act like your bothering them

I guess a smile and a hello doesn't vibe well some places

Bad Franchisee, Customer Service begins at the top.

Rick

Left Hand, 

That's horrible!! Sending thoughts and prayers out to him.

Thanks Rob

Sent from my SM-G960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

Those “tools” are great. Most golf courses have them here and are carried by the Rangers/Ambassadors and on their rounds go over the greens. They work awesome!!

I'll try to get a pic next time out.

Not all courses have them, most do.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Bad Franchisee, Customer Service begins at the top.

most of these 24 hrs that I visit wont even give any help or advice from the staff. It's all about getting a fitness lesson.The membership isn't cheap by any means.Some sound advice here or there would be helpful

A man marries a woman hoping she doesn't change, but she does.

A woman marries a man hoping he will change, but he doesn't.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

This week has just been a disaster when it comes to dealing with contractors and vendors. Our upstairs bathroom is being remodeled since it hasn't changed since the house was built in ‘72. So far they were late every day, lost the tile sample we picked, left my new shower in the middle of my front lawn while disappearing for 4 hours, and yesterday they flooded my downstairs hallway.

On top of all that, my car just failed inspection. Why? Bad tires. But Russ, didn't you just get new tires last week so you could pass inspection? Yup. Apparently they left the 2 worst tires on. So now I'm wasting more time at the tire shop, then I need to head back to the garage. The manager here gave me a great deal and bumped me to the head of the line after admitting they should have done a better job, but I'm still just over dealing with this stuff this week.

Ok sorry had to get all that off my chest. Rant over

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

This week has just been a disaster when it comes to dealing with contractors and vendors. Our upstairs bathroom is being remodeled since it hasn't changed since the house was built in ‘72. So far they were late every day, lost the tile sample we picked, left my new shower in the middle of my front lawn while disappearing for 4 hours, and yesterday they flooded my downstairs hallway.

On top of all that, my car just failed inspection. Why? Bad tires. But Russ, didn't you just get new tires last week so you could pass inspection? Yup. Apparently they left the 2 worst tires on. So now I'm wasting more time at the tire shop, then I need to head back to the garage. The manager here gave me a great deal and bumped me to the head of the line after admitting they should have done a better job, but I'm still just over dealing with this stuff this week.

That's OK we all have these bad stretches.

Our washing machine died, refrigerator need serious work and our water softener sprung a leak bottom of the tank. All appliances under 4 years old. Almost forgot, golf cart accelerator petal spring stuck and cart wouldn't stop.

But I think you got me beat.

Rick

Left Hand, 

That's OK we all have these bad stretches.

Our washing machine died, refrigerator need serious work and our water softener sprung a leak bottom of the tank. All appliances under 4 years old. Almost forgot, golf cart accelerator petal spring stuck and cart wouldn't stop.

But I think you got me beat.

This isn't a contest I want to win lol!!!

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

It might be petty but it really irritates me when I catch up

To someone and notice they are Playing the tips (gold tees at my home track) and think wow they must be really good and then watch there tee shots and it's like a fire work exploding it goes up but could go anywhere. Ok , I'll give them the benefit of the doubt maybe all them just got unlucky.. then second shots and nope .. confirm.

Like I said might be petty of me cause I'm that great of a golfer either and in the end I'm still out golfing.

DRIVER -  Ping G425 SFT Driver Tensei AV 55 Orange Reg Flex 

Woods -  Ping G425 7 wood  Tensei AV 65 Orange Reg Flex 

Irons - Cobra Rad Speed 1 Length UST Recoil 780 Smacwrap Graphite Reg Flex 

WEDGES-  Callaway jaws 52/56/60

PUTTER-  Taylormade FCG spider putter 34" 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

Boy, that all sucks.

When I was first reading I thought the bathroom had been being remodeled since '72 but it sounds like your getting close.😬

Who leaves the worst tires on other than an attempt to be greedy and make you buy the other tires.