ehilburn11

What golf ball do you play?

I just got some cut and some snell balls to test against the vice balls I currently use. Gonna test both the urethane balls by snell and cut and compare both the vice pro and pro plus. Gonna start with putting in my house then chipping and once it warms back up go the irons

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Bridgestone E6's for me. Don't know enough about all the differences as yet while I'm still learning, but I "got fit" for these based on my best guesses. Grabbed a bunch of AAAAA quality used ones off of eBay and they seem to fly OK for me. 

• Like 4

Let me know what you think!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

It's decent for the price, but I think the Vice Pro is a better ball for me, for a couple more dollars per dozen. Need to get a few more holes, or at least a complete round with it.

Also, for an 80 compression rating it feels mushy. Maybe it's the core of the ball, or I just need to play it more, but it felt like it was even softer than a chromesoft. Weirdly didn't get a lot of spin for such a soft feeling ball - I stopped playing chromesoft because it was just sucking back too much to be playable.

I'd use it again on a day like today though, it was windy as hell and I just wanted to get a quick 9 in after work. For now, I'll play the Tour B XS when I'm trying to have a nice round, and Vice Pros every after work round.

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

sirxon tour z star xv yellow but 2015/2016 model buy for about $20/25 a doz new

• Like 2

You can honestly say you play with Cut Blue Balls :D :P

Didn't see that one coming

• Like 1

Has anyone played the Taylormade project a balls? I️ just got a free dozen. Tried them out at the chipping green but they don't feel that great. Thinking of picking up some Callaway super soft balls instead.

Rick Shiels just got around to reviewing the project [a]. His findings accord with my experience, that it's a really good ball at a second-tier price: 

• Like 1

Bridgestone E6's for me. Don't know enough about all the differences as yet while I'm still learning, but I "got fit" for these based on my best guesses. Grabbed a bunch of AAAAA quality used ones off of eBay and they seem to fly OK for me.

Thats a really solid mid tier ball. When not using a ProVX or Z STAR, it's what I use.

Still playing the K-Sigs.  I feel very comfortable with them, and they are quality products.  The only surprise was when I opened the box, there was still the smell of paint or varnish or some manufacturing product - like it just came off the line! 

I believe I read in another place on MGS that Costco has purchased the patent and rights to this 4 piece ball, and will soon be producing them in quantities available for more frequent purchases- So, as long as the Korean manufacturer can maintain their standards it will be outstanding!

• Like 1

I've been playing the Volvik Vivid XT all summer. Reminds me a lot of a ProV-1X especially around the greens. While my experience is limited, it's the longest I've hit, plus being a colored matte finish ball, they are easy to see!

Srixon Q-Star Tour has been a great ball for me this year.  My impression is it spins just a little less than a Pro-V1 or a Z-Star but has enough stopping power for me.  Really straight and long off the driver.  

It is a good ball for the price at $30 a dozen.  There are also buy 3 get 1 free promos that gets the cost closer to $22.  

• Like 2

I usually play the round, white balls.

Seriously, though....I like a number of brands. Pro V's, TM Penta (or whatever name they are now), Project a, Chrome Soft, Bridgestone (any of the urethane covered) ...............

• Like 1

I usually buy mid-range balls. The last couple years have been Bridgestone Treo soft and Taylor Made Penta Speed. Decent performance for a hacker like me but not as financially painful as I watch them fly deep into the woods.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Played the Oncore Elixer today. It's a very good ball.

It feels soft on all shots except driver and maintained a mostly straight flight. I didn't have to deal with overspinning (losing it wide right or spinning off the green) like the B330S.

Around the greens, it was fine. I tend to think the lack of hop-n-stop had more to do with the conditions than the ball.

Speaking of condition, it's an extremely durable ball. I hit a few full wedges and played Plinko with trees but the ball held up and lost no performance.

I'll play these. Definitely glad I have them a shot. The logo is so unique and noticeable that I didn't even have to mark my ball.

• Like 2

Played the Oncore Elixer today. It's a very good ball.

It feels soft on all shots except driver and maintained a mostly straight flight. I didn't have to deal with overspinning (losing it wide right or spinning off the green) like the B330S.

Around the greens, it was fine. I tend to think the lack of hop-n-stop had more to do with the conditions than the ball.

Speaking of condition, it's an extremely durable ball. I hit a few full wedges and played Plinko with trees but the ball held up and lost no performance.

I'll play these. Definitely glad I have them a shot. The logo is so unique and noticeable that I didn't even have to mark my ball.

You Definitly had some with some nice juice on them. You couldn't see it but the wedge you hit on the par 3 16th from down below the green. It had some very nice spin on it. Coming in on thst angle out of the stuff you were hitting out if was impressive.

Also the tee shot you hit with my AP2 on 9 had some nice spin on it back toward the hole.

I may look into picking up a dozen.

• Like 2

I've already posted here, but after the performance of my TP5X recently on the greens, and the distance I've been seeing, even into the wind, there can't be many better balls out there. I've never had a ball back-up like this one on full or partial shots. If you haven't tried these, you need to!

This is the one I wanted to read. Thanks

• Like 1

The more I'm playing the Cally Chrome Soft the better I like them. Don't know why I took so long to give them a try.

• Like 3