GolfSpy STUDque

FINAL Standings:

Final.png

NOTE: If you want to catch up quickly, check the first post in this thread for key links and week-by-week summaries.

Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

Our Sponsors

12 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Yes!!! Let’s go buddy!! I only wish we could play against each other in person! Haha

Hope the weather holds off and you play a great round!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It should be a fun time, and quite interesting considering I'm only carrying two wedges that qualify and that's a 56 and 60. From 100-150 yards I'll have to get creative. 

Hopefully next year I can make it up and get some golf in with you and Mark. 2020 has not been a great year to travel. 

• Like 5

It should be a fun time, and quite interesting considering I'm only carrying two wedges that qualify and that's a 56 and 60. From 100-150 yards I'll have to get creative. 
Hopefully next year I can make it up and get some golf in with you and Mark. 2020 has not been a great year to travel. 

Yeah it will be interesting. Gonna have to figure out tees by the par 3s. And some par 5s might be hybrid hybrid to get two comfortable swings in.

• Like 5

#MGSCOBRA2020 #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 is live!  Follow Along here!

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6X

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S vs :titelist-small: 818 H1 - Tensei Blue 70s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

:Arccos:

#cuetheduckboats

30 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Like @Lacassem, I'm not going to make promises I can get out and play this week. Right now I'm trying to take off Wednesday and still waiting for approval from my supervisor. If I can, I'm throwing down the gauntlet to @B.Boston and see if he can take down this high capper. tenor(11).gif.ea9c136c10978619bfcd7ccf060cb6bd.gif

It's supposed to be raining this weekend, so this is my best bet to play. I might have to beg to get the day off.tenor(12).gif.d9d2e3eafcd55b5d1e4790d16b50f0a9.gif

Well if I will root for anyone to beat my boy it’s you pal! Soooooo....

image.gif.0ba452a61f367170a79552b4535fdf7a.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

15 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Yeah it will be interesting. Gonna have to figure out tees by the par 3s. And some par 5s might be hybrid hybrid to get two comfortable swings in.

My nightmare holes are No. 8 and No. 12, both par 3s in the 145-165 range. Too long for my gap wedge, so it means I either need to layup (maybe not a bad play) or try to bunt a 2 hybrid? 

• Like 7

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 11.3 (Last Updated Sept. 20, 2020)

Driver: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme (9°, set to Draw), 44.5", Aldila Rogue Silver 60 (110 MSI) Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
3W: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone (15°), -3/4" SHORT, Aldila Rogue Silver 70 (110 MSI) Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
17° Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone, -1/2" SHORT, UST Recoil 480 ESX F4, Lamkin Sonar Connect
19° Driving Iron: :tour-edge: Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro Tungsten, UST Recoil 670 F4, Tour Edge/Lamkin R.E.L.
5-GW: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone, 2° Flat, -1/2" SHORT, KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
54°, 58°: :cobra-small: Cobra KING MIM Black, 3° Flat, -1/2" SHORT (54°), -1/4" SHORT (58°), KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
Putter: :taylormade-small: TaylorMade Spider X, 33", Golf Pride Tour Only Red Star
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow / :srixon-small: Srixon Z-Star XV Tour Yellow
Tracked By: :Arccos: Cobra Connect powered by Arccos
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: :CaddyTek: CaddyTek Caddylite EZ V8

2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

My nightmare holes are No. 8 and No. 12, both par 3s in the 145-165 range. Too long for my gap wedge, so it means I either need to layup (maybe not a bad play) or try to bunt a 2 hybrid? 

I was just talking about that with my dad. Can I bunt a hybrid and carry water AND stop it in the green?! That’s a big ask. Haha

Maybe tee it high with the driver and play it off the curve of the infinity face?

• Like 4

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S vs :titelist-small: 818 H1 - Tensei Blue 70s

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

#cuetheduckboats

4 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

I was just talking about that with my dad. Can I bunt a hybrid and carry water AND stop it in the green?! That’s a big ask. Haha

Maybe tee it high with the driver and play it off the curve of the infinity face? emoji23.pngemoji23.png

Honestly, might not be a bad option on No. 8. Closely mown all around the green, there's a mown grass drainage ditch/waste area but it's dry right now no there would be no issue with trying to run the driver over it and up on to the green.

I wish I had an actual picture of No. 12 because it's lose-lose all around. Narrow chute guarded by trees (red box is the teeing area), dead/out of bounds left, right and long, green is deep but narrow, the quickest on the course and falls hard toward a grass bunker that's several feet below the putting surface (red oval). Nothing is closely mown and it's 3"-4" rough from tee box to fringe. They haven't moved the pins recently, and I'm hoping they have by tomorrow's round, because for the past two weeks the pin has been placed back right on the slope going down toward the grass bunker.

image.png.9f2079be5b7edb2cf9bb90f09a3395f7.png

• Like 6

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 11.3 (Last Updated Sept. 20, 2020)

Driver: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme (9°, set to Draw), 44.5", Aldila Rogue Silver 60 (110 MSI) Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
3W: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone (15°), -3/4" SHORT, Aldila Rogue Silver 70 (110 MSI) Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
17° Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone, -1/2" SHORT, UST Recoil 480 ESX F4, Lamkin Sonar Connect
19° Driving Iron: :tour-edge: Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro Tungsten, UST Recoil 670 F4, Tour Edge/Lamkin R.E.L.
5-GW: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone, 2° Flat, -1/2" SHORT, KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
54°, 58°: :cobra-small: Cobra KING MIM Black, 3° Flat, -1/2" SHORT (54°), -1/4" SHORT (58°), KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
Putter: :taylormade-small: TaylorMade Spider X, 33", Golf Pride Tour Only Red Star
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow / :srixon-small: Srixon Z-Star XV Tour Yellow
Tracked By: :Arccos: Cobra Connect powered by Arccos
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: :CaddyTek: CaddyTek Caddylite EZ V8

2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

Honestly, might not be a bad option on No. 8. Closely mown all around the green, there's a mown grass drainage ditch/waste area but it's dry right now no there would be no issue with trying to run the driver over it and up on to the green.
I wish I had an actual picture of No. 12 because it's lose-lose all around. Narrow chute guarded by trees (red box is the teeing area), dead/out of bounds left, right and long, green is deep but narrow, the quickest on the course and falls hard toward a grass bunker that's several feet below the putting surface (red oval). Nothing is closely mown and it's 3"-4" rough from tee box to fringe. They haven't moved the pins recently, and I'm hoping they have by tomorrow's round, because for the past two weeks the pin has been placed back right on the slope going down toward the grass bunker.

At least you got your lob wedge back?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

#cuetheduckboats

19 hours ago, yungkory said:

Wasn't able to get a time this week, but it wouldn't have mattered because it rained, and I had to get a tire patched for the mother in law because she caught a bolt in her tire. I didn't pull it out obviously, but it was a hex head and I'm pretty sure the end wouldn't have been pointy, and would've required a nut to secure something in place. How does that even penetrate a tire?

Anyways, is this challenge limited to 18-hole rounds? It still doesn't specify!

I had a buddy end up with a 1/2" socket extension through his sidewall. No idea how that happens!

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Check out my review of the  EXPUTT Putting Simulator

Driver - :nike-small: Vapor Speed, 9.5°, Fubuki Z50 S
Hybrid - Warrior 3H

Irons - :wilson_staff_small: D200 5-GW, uniflex, std length/loft/lie
Wedges - :cleveland-small: CBX 52°, 58°
Putter - :1332069271_TommyArmour: Torch 03 w/ GolfPride Tour SNSR Contour Pro grip

Ball - :srixon-small: Z-Star XV

52 minutes ago, edingc said:

Yep I have the same deal, two par 3s like that one with OB all along the right 🥺

• Like 3

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3 Hybrid - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 4-PW - True Temper XP95 Reg
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° -True Temper XP95 Reg
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: Two Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 for the #cobraconnectchallenge3

I'm on vacation (again!) this week so that probably means no challenge attempt from me. Maybe if we get back early I'll throw out a late challenge to @Headhammer on Saturday afternoon.

• Like 5

Check out my review of the  EXPUTT Putting Simulator

Driver - :nike-small: Vapor Speed, 9.5°, Fubuki Z50 S
Hybrid - Warrior 3H

Irons - :wilson_staff_small: D200 5-GW, uniflex, std length/loft/lie
Wedges - :cleveland-small: CBX 52°, 58°
Putter - :1332069271_TommyArmour: Torch 03 w/ GolfPride Tour SNSR Contour Pro grip

Ball - :srixon-small: Z-Star XV

You guys don’t have the thin to win 56 that goes 150 on command?
image.gif.7776f685ceb213fc0e30688199449f3a.gif

Oh I got it. It’s the on command part I’m still working on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

#cuetheduckboats

I’m late posting this and I appreciate the callout to get my score in but the golf gods were laughing at me yesterday.

Patty Jewitt hosted a tournament in the morning.  What a great time to show up for a irons only round 🙄. The tees were back, the greens were fast, and I walked 18.  A rarity for me.  Ugh.  I bow to my superior.

0B8F8E1A-9EE2-48B5-B752-3BB32E13752D.png

• Like 5

1 hour ago, edingc said:

This is going to look like the 14 club challenge from the European Tour 🤣

Yet Another 14 Club Challenge video - Lee Westwood vs Danny ...

• Like 6

Driver: PXG 0811 X Gen 2
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – AW: Taylormade P760
SW: Vokey SM7 M Grind
LW: Cleveland RTX 4 X-Low
Putter: Ping Vault Oslo

This is going to look like the 14 club challenge from the European Tour 
yet-another-14-club-challenge-vi-800x445.jpg

I remember watching some of those. They were a riot!

Also man are those guys talented.

• Like 4

#cuetheduckboats

7 hours ago, edingc said:

Spent all of lunch break beating balls with the woods and wedges. Ready to go!

That-a-boy!  But, I think you need to ratchet it up even further and tell the boss that you won't be in the rest of the week.  Tell him you're experiencing eye issues and can't see your way into the office 🙂.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

2 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

That-a-boy!  But, I think you need to ratchet it up even further and tell the boss that you won't be in the rest of the week.  Tell him you're experiencing eye issues and can't see your way into the office 🙂.

Bad case of anal glaucoma: can’t see your ass going to work. 🤣🤣

• Haha 5

#cuetheduckboats

OK here we go with the Irons only member challenges. The late entries tipped the scores allowing our fans to steal a tie from the jaws of defeat settling on a 5-5 score:
Irons.png.7a8fef7a2106b18413be9396edbc3d52.png 
  • [mention=84579]edingc[/mention] was challenged the most with 4 times and only managed 1 win out of those. 
  • [mention=86024]daviddvm[/mention] paid the smackdown on both the competitors and challengers with a 2-0 mark.
  • [mention=85402]B.Boston[/mention] 1-1 in his challenges.
  • [mention=81594]GB13[/mention] wasn't picked on nearly as much as expected but won his only battle.
  • Finally [mention=74341]Headhammer[/mention] was challenged once and lost that battle. 
On to next week! Looking forward to the Bryson Bashing results.

And here we go with this week's wheel spin. If you won your match, your weight is 3. If not, the weight is 1:

Congrats on your new Puma gear! Send me an IM and I'll get your order details.

Woo! Congrats [mention]jddaigneault [/mention] ! Enjoy the Puma gear!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

#cuetheduckboats

Congrats @jddaigneault!!

• Like 4

Driver: PXG 0811 X Gen 2
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – AW: Taylormade P760
SW: Vokey SM7 M Grind