Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Stats vs slope

Been recording my stats for a few rounds and I wanted to compare my putting on two rounds on two different courses. I'm hoping someone can explain it a little better to me.

round 1 had 33 putts course rating/ slope 121/69.7

round 2  had 34 putts course rating  70.1/130

Ibassume these numbers are for the course in general and not just the greens?

Yes, slope and rating are for the specific course and tee box you are playing from. The greens play into it but probably not much unless they are PGA fast or otherwise impossible to hold. It's more likely that the harder course will result in more putts because you will not be in a position to put it close with your approach.

Edited by ChitownM2

A 70.1/130 is going to be more difficult than a 69.7/121. Remember that the 70.1 or 69.7 is what they expect a scratch handicap player to shoot from those tees. At any given course with multiple tee boxes there will be a different rating for each set of tees.  My course is a Par 72 with the Black 74.4; Gold 71.8; Silver 70.1; Green 66.9. (Side note, always amazed at the guys trying to play from Gold tees when a scratch player might just break par and they’ve never broken 90...)

Anyway, the harder the course/set of tees the more likely you are to miss greens. So you will have to be a great chipper and making one putts, or you are going to have a bunch more putts.  So expect more putts. 

in setting the slope they are looking at difficulty for the “bogey golfer” and interesting/difficult/complex green complexes with bunker/moguls/etc will also increase those difficulty scores. 

https://thegolfacademy.org/2018/07/15/slope-vs-course-rating-two-of-golfs-most-confused-numbers/

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)