Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Mendham Golf & Tennis Club, NJ

We're going to check out Mendham Golf & Tennis Club in Mendham, NJ tomorrow. 

It's a big money town and what not, but most reviews say the place is really laid back, and aside from having an initiation fee, it's less $ than our previous course. 

It also has a range where you can hit off grass, and a 3 hole practice course that you reserve by the hour for yourself.  There's also a simulator bay. 

If anyone has any experience with Mendham or is a current member, let me know your thoughts, or just say hi.  🙂

:cobra-small:   RADspeed 10.5, :projectx: Evenflow Riptide CB 6.0s

:cobra-small:  Bio Cell 3/4w, :projectx: PXV 6.0s; AMP 3h 19deg Aldila RIP R.  Bio Cell 4h 22.5deg :projectx: PXV R. 

:titleist-small:          2021/22 T200 5-7, T100 8-P (bent 1deg strong), :projectx: LZ 5.5 

:cleveland-small:      CBX-2 50/11 

:taylormade-small:   ATV 56/16deg 

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Impact No.3 Align putter

:Arccos:     Caddie for tracking.     

:titelist-small:            Pro V1X balls

Previous forum tests:

2019: Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus 4 grips, Lynx Black Cat 5-PW.    2020:  :skycaddie: LX5 Watch.    2021:  :1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact #3 Align putter

• 2 months later...

We have since joined this course, and so far it is fantastic.  It is quite tough and definitely plays more difficult than its slope and rating.  I just walked the blue tees yesterday, and ran out of gas on the back nine, though it was quite hot.  Despite a terrible back nine performance, it felt good to still shoot under 100 from blue tees.  🤣

The greens are smoother and roll faster than anywhere I've played.  Though they're super fast, you're not punished for it, with the exception of figuring out the break.  There are false fronts and what not but once on the green you can get away with over-putting here and there.  The pitch vs. speed isn't going to roll puts into a bunker.   The fairways are super tight also.  I am using my "4 degree wedge" often for greenside shots.  Every hole has elevation change.  The short game practice setup is excellent, and I will spend most of my practice there and on the greens, as I need to totally overhaul my short game to survive this course 🙂  

Despite the difficulty, the layout is nice, and the scenery is excellent.  I can always play the white tees, which I will likely do.  You can see a good handful of the holes from the dining patio while having a drink.  Everyone has been super friendly.  😊

:cobra-small:   RADspeed 10.5, :projectx: Evenflow Riptide CB 6.0s

:cobra-small:  Bio Cell 3/4w, :projectx: PXV 6.0s; AMP 3h 19deg Aldila RIP R.  Bio Cell 4h 22.5deg :projectx: PXV R. 

:titleist-small:          2021/22 T200 5-7, T100 8-P (bent 1deg strong), :projectx: LZ 5.5 

:cleveland-small:      CBX-2 50/11 

:taylormade-small:   ATV 56/16deg 

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Impact No.3 Align putter

:Arccos:     Caddie for tracking.     

:titelist-small:            Pro V1X balls

Previous forum tests:

2019: Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus 4 grips, Lynx Black Cat 5-PW.    2020:  :skycaddie: LX5 Watch.    2021:  :1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact #3 Align putter

• 4 months later...